GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"At this time I can't speculate on what those charges might be, without knowing what the evidence is."

I haven't been following this case as closely as some of you -- is there any chance that he and Sarah were involved? It's been stated that he was looking for a girlfriend after his last relationship ended, and young girls can be very impressionable. To have an older guy give you attention can be pretty heady. I just wonder if she had no idea what she was getting into (being young), and he was mentally unstable, and this turned into some type of obsessive thing. I hope I'm wrong, but why spare her, and kill the others?

No. Don't think so at all.

this is just sick.....two innocent women and a young boy....I can't type anymore-----too upset!!!!!!!!

Thatcher will take questions but is officer of court & may not be able to answer all questions.

reporter asking about confession or DP on the table...thatcher can't comment on confession

Seating a jury in Knox County "will be a challenge" after the publicity.

"will be a challenge" to have fair trail in Knox County (ETA: wfgodot: I'll stop typing... you keep going :))

thatcher is referring questions to Sheriff...he doesn't go to scenes - will have to ask Sheriff

It's been a long week, especially for the families.
We have discovered and recovered the remains of Tina, Kody, and Stephanie.
Result of information from Hoffman. garbage bags in hollow tree
Hoffman remains in county jail on kidnapping charge.

Thanks the outstnading assistance of FBI, others plus volunteers.
Have never experienced a case this big and this tragic. Reassuring that can depend on all these agencies that offered support. There's a lot more to be done in this case.

John Thatcher Prosecutor:
Tragedy today is devastating, grateful for support of agencies. Keeps Sarah in his prayers. When all tests and reports are finished, will review and present to Knox County Grand Jury, doesn't know what charges will be.
Preliminary hearing next Tuesday (can't hear the rest.)

Cna't comment on whether there is a confession or any content of such a confession.

Must work hard to make sure jury is not tainted.

Defers some questions to sheriff.

Back to Sheriff Barber:

"We received information...from Matthew Hoffman...early today on the location of where the three victims were eventually found."

Barber talking about timeline...rec'vd info from Hoffman early today on location where vics eventually found...Barber can't talk about any statements he made

Area searched previously?

"We found out that it had been, but not in the exact area where the hollow tree was."

Now....how many times has he done this before?? Who would have thought of a hollow tree??? Dear me.....

"Once we confirmed this afternoon that we had discovered Stephanie, Tina and Kody, (the families) were the first to know."

(what wasn't fair?)

"We're a small community here, and we became close to the victims's families."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members