GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this on a Todd Mickley (wife Tisha)...former owners of the home. It says Todd died four years after he married in a ditch cave in.

http://www.e-familytree.net/F0/F813.htm

I don't know if it is the same one.

ETA: JenRen, you beat me to it. : )

Reannan - that's what I think probably happened, too (from what we know so far.) What I can't figure out is why? why? why? Tonite on JVM the guests seemed to think his main focus was SM, and the others were collateral damage so he could have SM all to himself. Personally I'm not so sure about that myself. If that were the case - why not just try to kidnap SM only in the first place?? Why commit all that carnage and leave evidence to boot???? To me it was just TOO much for a single kidnapping. That's really idiotic/heinous and makes no sense to me(imo). It seems to me a lot of these murderers consider themselves some kind of "clever masterminds" with all their plotting and figuring and buying tarps, moving vehicles, etc. You would think they would be smart enough to know they WILL be caught and the only thing waiting for them is the DP or LWOP.

(RSBM)

ITA. It would have been much simpler for him to just grab Sarah. It didn't have to be that day; he could have done it any time she was alone. But even if she was the target, it doesn't make sense that he went to the effort he did after the murders. Why not leave the bodies there and take off with Sarah in his car? By the time anyone found the family, he and SS could have been hundreds of miles away. For him to take her to his own house and leave her there for days until she was discovered is just asking to be caught in such a small town. None of this is reasonable or logical.

JMO

Thanks you JenRen and SewingDeb!

I knew someone could find that, and I didn't even think about searching ancestry sites! Live and learn. Thank you!

And yes, I did wonder about the wording and didn't jump on there being anything near as heinous as the murders being involved. But the local (more "local" than me) knew the history.

Thanks!!!

(RSBM)

ITA. It would have been much simpler for him to just grab Sarah. It didn't have to be that day; he could have done it any time she was alone. But even if she was the target, it doesn't make sense that he went to the effort he did after the murders. Why not leave the bodies there and take off with Sarah in his car? By the time anyone found the family, he and SS could have been hundreds of miles away. For him to take her to his own house and leave her there for days until she was discovered is just asking to be caught in such a small town. None of this is reasonable or logical.

JMO

I made this post, right before the last thread was closed, and not sure if it was seen (so I'll quoted myself here):

"But we just don't know that for sure. I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but what *if* they met casually, locally (somehow) before. (I don't want to imply anything and disparage TH or SS) but for this possible scenario only, what if TH knew she was splitting up, had met (evilman) somewhere, and he charmed her into chatting etc? Did anyone notice on the news report at Body Basics, when they showed his picture on the screen, how he was smiling and looking flirty? My thought: who would fear that face??? (and the girl at the gym even said how "nice" he was). So, she's about to be single. Having trouble w. relationship. Sees no harm in this "nice charming guy" (ugg) coming over w. her and SS to have a few beers. Maybe even only if SS was there too (protection). They are close in age ... 30/32. I shudder to think this *is* the scenario, but something similar might have happened? 1000s of ways it could have played out in the details, but understand what i'm trying to say? (if thinking of aaaaall possibilities, this is just one)

*looks up* sorry TH, didn't even want to go there
"

It was in response to someone saying that they didn't believe "they" were having beers together that day.
I'm just trying to keep an open mind.
Maybe being local, I don't want to believe that there was a psychopath nearby plotting this, and anyone could have been a victim.
I know so many scenarios have been spinning around in my head, that I just decided to wait for more facts to come out, to make sense of it all.
No one but MH is to blame for this, no matter how it turns out.

p.s. Sheriff Barber saying "or he made himself known" to the family led me down this path. Carefully worded, and makes me wonder what he knows that we don't know. DQ mgr. has been interviewed and maybe MH was hanging around in there. Who knows.

It appears as if they have taken the FB page down. Maybe moved it?
Such a shame trolls, and vandals took advantage of such a sad event.

Hope all went as well as can be expected for the families yesterday, and they will have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all at WS as well.

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to all my new friends at WS. May you have a wonderful day with your families and friends. Hug them and little tighter and make sure they know the love you have for them.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

...<snippage>...
TH and GB's house was purchased in 2007. MH did not buy his house until Nov. 2009, so I'm doubting they were looking in the same timeframe.

Yeah, I doubt that they were both looking at the same time. TH/GB house would have been on the market about the time MH returned from Colorado and lived with his parents. I was just wondering out loud if MH might have been through (either through an appointment or a burglary) when it was empty.

It was in response to someone saying that they didn't believe "they" were having beers together that day.
-----------
I don&#8217;t think they were having beers together either. I think the beers were MH&#8217;s.
Dahmer and others were big drinkers too. Seems to be a common thread in these occurrences.
I doubt if the family even really knew him. He may of tried to get to know them in some way at sometime but, I think he followed them to DQ, to the gym, to school, to where ever he could for quite sometime, they may not of even been aware of it until recently.

The family in no way had anything to do with it. These people pop up out of the blue, with their own agenda in mind, MH could have targeted any family really. It just happened to be them. MH has probably watched a lot of people without them knowing it.

The hammock in trees, and stuff like that became obvious. But no telling where all he was at night when he was less noticeable.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We seen a big silver truck sitting in the backyard for the last four days, but I made my kids come in the house because he was having a fire. And he had said to my friend Jen that he had wanted to punch my kid in the face, and my kid`s 8. So I -- the guy`s disturbed, obviously.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/16/ijvm.01.html
===========

We’ve heard the story of the silver “mystery truck”…………
I really believe this was SS’s Jeep. Used instead of his car (to small) or TH’s truck (to obvious)
In TH garage (to load unseen)
In the back of the house/ w fire (to clean it up, and remove items? Clothes, tape, bags, etc…?)
Put it back in the garage (to hide it)

I don’t think it was a “Truck” per say, I think it was the “Jeep”.

I did a bit of driving today and I had the problem of looking at about a million trees as I drove. Finding a tree like that to hide 3 bodies in would be a challenge. IMHO he KNEW when he went to the house what he was going to do.

I've been thinking about this alot. As a seamstress, I notice details about textiles and clothing, stitching, etc, that someone who didn't spend alot of time sewing would NEVER notice. As a medical practitioner, I notice skin color, skin texture, and gait abnormalities that a layman would never notice. I think that it's likely that MH noticed trees the way I notice hems or enlarged thyroids; it's his "thing".

What would help establish premeditation more, in my mind, would be when he purchased the tarps and trash bags, and what he brought with him to the scene.

Just an angle I thought I'd throw out there. Everyone seems shocked that he knew where a hollow tree was, when in fact, he probably knows where MANY hollow trees are, because it's a special interest for him.

My two cents and opinion only.

-----------
I don’t think they were having beers together either. I think the beers were MH’s.
Dahmer and others were big drinkers too. Seems to be a common thread in these occurrences.
I doubt if the family even really knew him. He may of tried to get to know them in some way at sometime but, I think he followed them to DQ, to the gym, to school, to where ever he could for quite sometime, they may not of even been aware of it until recently.

The family in no way had anything to do with it. These people pop up out of the blue, with their own agenda in mind, MH could have targeted any family really. It just happened to be them. MH has probably watched a lot of people without them knowing it.

The hammock in trees, and stuff like that became obvious. But no telling where all he was at night when he was less noticeable.

I don't disagree, that this is probably the most likely scenario. I was only saying that any possibility still exists, given that we don't know any more facts. And like I said, my thinking probably has to do with wishful thinking (that myself and family members/other people I know were not in his path ... my house, my brother's house are both visible and "on his way" to Mom's and TH's house). But I know what you're saying, and all I can say now is that I'm glad he is in custody. And I in no one placed blame/responsibility elsewhere.

p.s. yes, it appears the FB page was taken down. Wish I knew why, but probably due to spammers. People get their fun in sick ways these days.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We seen a big silver truck sitting in the backyard for the last four days, but I made my kids come in the house because he was having a fire. And he had said to my friend Jen that he had wanted to punch my kid in the face, and my kid`s 8. So I -- the guy`s disturbed, obviously.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/16/ijvm.01.html
===========

We’ve heard the story of the silver “mystery truck”…………
I really believe this was SS’s Jeep. Used instead of his car (to small) or TH’s truck (to obvious)
In TH garage (to load unseen)
In the back of the house/ w fire (to clean it up, and remove items? Clothes, tape, bags, etc…?)
Put it back in the garage (to hide it)

I don’t think it was a “Truck” per say, I think it was the “Jeep”.

If "she" (who I don't find overly credible) said four days, then it wasn't ... because, the Jeep was in the garage on Thursday, when LE first showed up (which was 4:15pm). The Jeep is more brown/tan than silver. And "big truck" doesn't fit. But I do think it was the Jeep that he used to dispose of bodies (in garage/easy access from house to vehicle, wouldn't be seen), then came back and did switch with the F150, which was found at Kenyon. I think he left there (Kenyon) in his car, which I think had been parked there before the crime (and then walked to the house). MOO

It&#8217;s really awful in a small community, where there is so much trust, everyone knows everyone, etc&#8230;
That a person like MH could pop up. It was a roll of the dice that when he got off of parole, that he came to Ohio. He had to be released to somewhere, and his parents were the most likely place.
Now people are thinking back, did they know him, did they see him, did they live close to him?????
Shattering their well known sense of security and familiarity.

Best thing is he did get caught. And he of course he will be locked up forever. There will be no more second or third or fourth instances for this guy. He can&#8217;t continue on like some have done for years & years.

There is no fixing these types of people, he will do o.k. in incarceration but, if he were ever released, he would do it again eventually.

If "she" (who I don't find overly credible) said four days, then it wasn't ... because, the Jeep was in the garage on Thursday, when LE first showed up (which was 4:15pm). The Jeep is more brown/tan than silver. And "big truck" doesn't fit. But I do think it was the Jeep that he used to dispose of bodies (in garage/easy access from house to vehicle, wouldn't be seen), then came back and did switch with the F150, which was found at Kenyon. I think he left there (Kenyon) in his car, which I think had been parked there before the crime (and then walked to the house). MOO

I know, I agree the timeline is way off, and the source is shady. But the "siver truck" was mentioned by a couple of neighbors. How long it was there?? I don't have a clue.
But refering to which vehicles he may of used. I think the "silver truck" that has been mentioned, was a "silver Jeep" JMO

We know the crime occurred before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, 11-10 (TH did not come to work).

We know her truck was in driveway during 1st and 2nd wellness checks (up until 11:30 p.m. that night), but not when 3rd wellness check was done Thurs. a.m.

LE was at scene on Thursday, 11-11, after call from DQ mgr. at 4:15 p.m.
Per Sheriff Barber, TH's truck not there, but SS's Jeep in garage.

TH's F150 found at Kenyon (prompting lockdown and attracting natl. media attention) on Thurs. 6:30 p.m.

MH is spotted near where the van was found on Thursday at around 9:12 p.m.

The missing pieces of timeline of course are MH's movements. He had from Wedn. afternoon until Thursday afternoon to do everything he did (get to house, murders, move SM, dispose of bodies, move trucks around, dispose of evidence etc etc).

Some of the evidence found by searchers are probably relevant and disposed of in this timeframe. Some of the locations fit (near where truck found, near crime scene, near his house).

In correlation with CSI, MH may of given them a time frame and sequence.
Much of which is evidence, and we are probably not going to know for a while.
You being local CKay, hear more than others do.

But how ever he did it, and in what ever order. It was planned. He had been thinking about this for quite some time. It actually surprises me that the Wal-Mart receipt was even found, because it seems like that would have been something he would of done far previous to the event instead of a shotgun thought.
But we have never been told the date of the receipt either, unless I missed that.

LE has a ton of evidence I&#8217;m sure.

Sun. when Sarah was located, MH was said to be asleep on his couch. Yet TH&#8217;s house was found Thurs. in considerable disarray. He could not of gone back at this point to have retrieved anything, or try to clean up anything. I feel sure he left a lot of loose ends. And LE knows exactly how he did it. I think he felt (in his mind) he would have more time.

The tip that led to Sarah, is still a very big question to me. I wish we knew about that.
Possibly the date on the receipt led them to Walmart video? If the receipt was found on Thurs. they would have had time for that and fingerprints by Sun.

In correlation with CSI, MH may of given them a time frame and sequence.
Much of which is evidence, and we are probably not going to know for a while.
You being local CKay, hear more than others do.

But how ever he did it, and in what ever order. It was planned. He had been thinking about this for quite some time. It actually surprises me that the Wal-Mart receipt was even found, because it seems like that would have been something he would of done far previous to the event instead of a shotgun thought.
But we have never been told the date of the receipt either, unless I missed that.

I'm local, but haven't heard any rumors, or info. that hasn't been made public or on message boards (topix, fb) that we've all had access to (other than that a deputy lives on the same street as MH, which could enter into the discovery/rescue of SM, but who really knows ... don't know how close, or if it's true).

You are right, and I haven't heard a date/time either. Sheriff Barber has refused to answer that, having been asked numerous times ... possibly/probably because it points to premediation. It is possible that it was after though (he had the time). If he walked there originally, I just don't see him carrying a Walmart bag up the Kokosing Gap Trail, if that's how he got there.

Time will tell. I'll watch the local news more closely, and post anything relevant. I still have some scanner research to do, but have mentally stalled on that (soon).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back