GUILTY OH - Zachary Dunn for kidnap, rape of 6yo girl, Jackson, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That first one is the kitchen sink. Anything and anyone could be arrested for child neglect under that.

I am not saying that home is the best place for her but I agree with Jeanna, foster care is probably worse. After what she went through she needs her dad. That he lets her stay up late, probably has a chaos filled house with dirty dishes and more (two guys on their own don't make good housecleaners) is not enough to remove her from the home imo. Neither is leaving her with a teen babysitter.

Right now I think M and her dad are getting railroaded by the system. People shocked that she was up at that hour. Well kids are up late in the summer all over the place, that may not be good parenting but it isn't neglect either or the jails would be full.

Even if they wanted to examine the situation I am disappointed they didn't wait until the two could be together to comfort each other. It is quite possible that dad wasn't even allowed to see her if she was in cps custody.

jmo imo and all that

If they come up with some reason to tear a child away from her parent after being kidnapped and sexually assaulted by some who is not family then i will change my mind.

I think people are rarely criminally charged with neglect because they let their kids stay up too late and left dishes in the sink. I highly doubt DFCS put M in the custody of foster care today because of her curfew last night or the state of the dinner dishes. MOO.

These people have been charged with neglect in the past, repeatedly.

Rayne Perrywinkle put her three kids in a seatless creeper van with a stranger, handed her child over to strange man to try on clothes, and to go get a cheeseburger and still no one has charged her with child neglect/endangerment.

I respect your opinion, but I personally don't think a family who has had a minimum of three child neglect charges handed down to them in the past is necessarily being 'railroaded' by the system. This system has given them many, many chances it appears.

I am so, so happy that M was found alive! I am concerned, as are all of you, for her overall well being.

Friendly reminder:

Please be sure you can back up your comments with links! I have removed several posts that have no "official" confirmation.

EX: If you are going to say someone is arrested, please back it up with an official source!

Thank you for understanding.

~Summer_Breeze

Bond $50,000!

That's it????

I had the same reaction. Sounds like that's just for abduction. Hopefully more charges will be filed.

I have a huge! huge! problem with a $50,000 bond. In my county that means they only have to come up with $5,000 to get released. I wonder if it is different there or other stipulations were included. I see this to often and it gives perps the opportunity to flee. Is abducting a child not worth more than a $50,000 bond in our society? Low bond amounts have to be changed when it comes to violent crimes, especially committed against children. IMO, there should be no bond or it should be set so high that it is impossible to achieve.

Is "being held on bond" the same things as "being held on bail?" For some reason I was thinking that being held on bond might mean you have to post the whole amount, where bail meant you could post 10% bond. That would make this the equivalent of $500,000 bail.

Can't find the answer anywhere though.... Anyone know?

I would say that it is most likely the $50,000 bond is actually an all cash bond where the defendant has to post the entire amount of the bond in order to get released from jail while awaiting trial.

For this type of charge, I don't think the court would allow an appearance bond where the defendant only has to post 10% of the bond ($5,000), nor would the court allow a no cash recognizance bond where the defendant simply sign their name promising to appear in court.

Keep in mind that more serious additional charges could be filed against the defendant.

If more charges are filed, the defendant can be required to post a much higher bond in addition to the other bonds or the judge can decide the defendant to be held in jail without bond.

Okay.... interesting note that may or may not be relevant.
According to vinelink... the 21 year old brother was released from jail the day before this disappearance.
Is it that brother who shared facebook friends with the suspect?
Maybe this was someone coming by to see the newly released brother?

I'm just not fond of coincidences... and THAT is a BIG one. :scared:

I am not seeing any NEW arrests besides the suspect though.

I would actually consider adopting this child if I thought I could adequately provide for her. I hope M finds stability, love, support, and healing. I hope that despite this tragedy she can still have a somewhat happy childhood. No child deserves this. This is just awful, I can't bear to think about what she has gone through. I would beat this guy to a pulp if I met him.

How did LE say she appeared unharmed initially with 2 black eyes?
Does unharmed now just mean alive? She's breathing? WTH

New info in this article
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Seven-year-old-Girl-from-Jackson-Reported-Missing-217080751.html
Now, there are also questions about where M. will go once she’s released from the hospital. According to investigators, Jackson County Children Services will place her in foster care. Seitz said he had previously been subpoenaed to testify at a court hearing in August to decide whether M’s parents, FS and BS, should be able to keep their children.

Seitz said his aunt and uncle have had trouble with drugs and often fight in front of their children.

Why in the world is the media still using names?

TALK ABOUT THE ARREST NOT THE FAMILY MEMBERS. THANK YOU AND PLEASE.

If you find something else keep it under your hats until and unless it applies here folks.

I wonder if Jackson county children's services would forward a teddy bear if I sent her one?

Brand new article:
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130726_17845.shtml

I implore you to watch the video if possible. Much more informing that just reading the text.
Neighbors said people were always coming and going from the house. They said police have been called to the home many times for drugs and fighting.
All four of the S. children have now been placed in foster care.

So- 4 children under 18 in custody.

And now, according to the link above, not only is the media still using her name, but they have changed her name again. Reporting her initials to be EMS.

Earlier stories like this one http://www.fox19.com/story/22942164/update-macey-hannah-stewart-6-located-after-missing-alert listed her initials as MHS.

In this article, http://www.wowktv.com/story/22945729/questions-linger-after-missing-jackson-oh-girl-found-alive her own father is quoted as saying, "Her real name is M. A. E. S.," said the girl's father, Frank S.. "We call her M J."

I understand not getting the facts straight immediately. But reporting her as EHS and then having her father to correct them to MAES (with no H at all), then change to EMS where the E is completely different than the last one?????

Brand new article:
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130726_17845.shtml

I implore you to watch the video if possible. Much more informing that just reading the text.

So- 4 children under 18 in custody.

And now, according to the link above, not only is the media still using her name, but they have changed her name again. Reporting her initials to be EMS.

Earlier stories like this one http://www.fox19.com/story/22942164/update-macey-hannah-stewart-6-located-after-missing-alert listed her initials as MHS.

In this article, http://www.wowktv.com/story/22945729/questions-linger-after-missing-jackson-oh-girl-found-alive her own father is quoted as saying, "Her real name is M A E S," said the girl's father, F. "We call her M Jane."

I understand not getting the facts straight immediately. But reporting her as EHS and then having her father to correct them to MAES (with no H at all), then change to EMS where the E is completely different than the last one?????

I certainly hope they are able to place the children together. Would be awful for them not to be.

who is the guy who was arrested? have you guys checked him out? he is SLEUTHABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member