GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thomas told investigators that she and Raymond were at the apartment on April 11 when Hill texted a phone attempting to buy drugs from Reginald Raymond.

Thomas said she and Chadd Raymond decided to trick Hill into thinking they were Raymond’s brother, and they got her to come to the apartment.

http://newsok.com/article/5353142

Any thoughts on why they wanted to lure her there to begin with?

They just said on the local news Thomas told LE Chadd Raymond strangled Annie Jo in the apartment. Guess there will be no OD cover story or the like. Sounds like she confessed to it all, but if he strangled her until she died...where does the 1st Degree Murder charge come from she faces? Because she helped to plan it and lured her there?

It won't be long before you come home, Annie Jo. It is time. Justice is going to be swift and sure. Thank goodness someone grew a conscience and gave up those horrific secrets.

They just said on the local news Thomas told LE Chadd Raymond strangled Annie Jo in the apartment. Guess there will be no OD cover story or the like. Sounds like she confessed to it all, but if he strangled her until she died...where does the 1st Degree Murder charge come from she faces? Because she helped to plan it and lured her there?
That's what I was wondering. Isn't the law that if you are in cahoots with somebody while committing a felony and somebody ends up dead, all people involved in the initial crime can be charged with murder?

There must have been something sinister about the motive behind the luring. Or the fact that they were dealing (sort of) drugs was the initial crime.

Either way, this was just so unnecessary.

That would be my guess. It would be premeditated since she helped with planning.

I saw there were arrests this am and spent all day catching up on this thread. I'm a local and have seen the numerous fliers and billboards around the metro but haven't followed the case. The family was even passing out fliers and had a booth set up at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert I went to in early May. Since then, I haven't seen much about the case and honestly, I forgot about way down on my subscription list. This thread has really made OKC look terrible (not intentionally), but I promise, it's a great area to live. It is so bizarre that there's been 1 search for her in all this time. With so much local attention this case received early on? I wonder where they will search now.

My heart is broken for this family but maybe they will finally get justice and answers.

That's what I was wondering. Isn't the law that if you are in cahoots with somebody while committing a felony and somebody ends up dead, all people involved in the initial crime can be charged with murder?

There must have been something sinister about the motive behind the luring. Or the fact that they were dealing (sort of) drugs was the initial crime.

Either way, this was just so unnecessary.
If two people are committing a felony and someone ends up dead...yes...they can be charged even if it is the other perp getting shot by say a homeowner in a robbery. Maybe this was seen as a drug deal and hence the reasoning, but I think it is a bit unusual. I could see how luring her to her death if the murder was planned would open the door for it, however. Is that what the DA really believes happened?

It was unnecessary and so preventable. I want to go into a rant about "good kids and drugs", but it isn't the time. Plenty of time to reflect on that later when Annie Jo is home and laid to rest while the people responsible begin their long process to punishment.

SeriouslySearching, I agree about your upcoming rant. I want to do the same. ;)

ETA: OT but I've been wanting to tell you how much I love your signature. We just went to the OKC Bombing Museum a couple weeks ago after they've redone parts of it, and I highly recommend checking it out. Surreal.

The incarcerated brother being her dealer would make sense as to how Anne knew this crew. I just am not understanding why they wanted to lure her there? Money? Just wanting to assault someone and saw opportunity?

I'm wondering how often she told her mom she was watching a movie at an unknown (to mom) friend's home? We all were young once. I know I made stupid decisions when I was 16. But I still just don't understand how she went a whole 24 hrs with no visible contact with her mother? I guess it doesn't really matter now.

The incarcerated brother being her dealer would make sense as to how Anne knew this crew. I just am not understanding why they wanted to lure her there? Money? Just wanting to assault someone and saw opportunity?

I'm wondering how often she told her mom she was watching a movie at an unknown (to mom) friend's home? We all were young once. I know I made stupid decisions when I was 16. But I still just don't understand how she went a whole 24 hrs with no visible contact with her mother? I guess it doesn't really matter now.
We still don't know if Thomas has told the truth. It could turn into a she said/he said case. If Annie Jo was texting to anyone about drugs, LE would already know and know how long she had been contacting the person/people.

I feel so sorry for her poor mother. I cannot imagine how devastated she must be right now. She keeps getting hit over and over with horrific news about her daughter. She did nothing she needs to feel guilty for concerning her daughter's death. The people responsible are going to pay for what they have done.

OT: The quote stood out to me as a mantra for all victims. I haven't been to the site for a long time. I would like to revisit it soon.

Unfortunately sometimes those that we choose as friends are really the devil himself and we see this more and more today,imo. Young people don't have lifes experience to fall back on and make character judgements on those they associate with. As we see in this forum the (obvious to us) poor choices people make in "friends". But then again we only see the aftermath of what it brings, not the peer pressure which seems to me partially motivates these unions.

We don't know if what Thomas said is truthful, but I would bet as the facts unfold and LE makes them public or during the trial, the truth is closely aligned with what Thomas has told police. Why be silent for 6 months, then suddenly turn yourself in with all this info? She didn't put the blame solely on someone else, she is taking the fall for her part IMO. Of course, I would bet LE already knew this but didnt have enough proof (couldn't prove who was sending the texts, didn't have a body, etc).

What's puzzling to me is why they did what they did, if in fact her story is true.

so let me get this right, there are 3 girls gone but Anne was the only one reported?

Two were briefly missing, if you want to call it missing. Annie Jo's disappearance is the only one of the three that was involuntary.

From what I could tell by reading some news stories, is that Chloe confessed to her father, who called police.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashnic86
Back