OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it, but did anyone ask if Daryn's fiance has his cat or knows where it is?

I may have missed it, but did anyone ask if Daryn's fiance has his cat or knows where it is?

I've asked about the cat a couple of times, but somehow that question keeps getting lost in all the other questions. I'll ask again.

UPDATE ON THE KITTY:

Nephew and niece-in-law recall that the kitty's name is *Gypsy*. The family still does not know where she is. They have asked the fiance if she has Gypsy, but so far the fiance hasn't answered. This may just be because she too is trying to answer questions from many fields, and the kitty question got lost in the fray.

I offered up some suggestions to the family re trying to find where Daryn might have boarded the kitty and contacting the boarders. (They have been asking friends if they know Daryn's preferred boarding spot). As we've noted before, it is an important clue if Daryn told the boarders he expected to a) pick up Gypsy on, say, Monday 5/27 after work or if he told them he would be keeping her there longer. BUT if someone who knows Daryn well enough to be babysitting his "baby" has Gypsy, would they not have been trying to contact Daryn's folks/friends/fiance when Daryn failed to pick her up? And as noted before, IF Daryn told a boarder he was going to pick her up on 5/27 and failed to show, would they not have called the second contact # by now? Gypsy is a mystery and could be a big part of the puzzle.

Not following the discussion on Job Corps in Guthrie...what is it exactly. People live there? Work there? willingly or forced?????

Mytee - Daryn's family is so lucky to have you as a connection here! I hope you have been getting some rest - you have been working non stop on this! :(

I also agree about the Facebook page, I was going to join early on but at that point there was only 10 members and anyone could have identified me because it was all men at that point! :p

If Daryn picked up a hitchhiker - and there was a struggle? What exactly was the motive? The car has been abandoned now. If the report of Daryn taking out money from his account is true, than maybe someone has known he had or was going to have a large sum cash on him and taken an opportunity to intercept him and steal the money and they have harmed him in the process, hence the clean vehicle. I just do not see a hitchhiker cleaning the vehicle - this is someone who has put forethought into their crime.

He just doesn't strike me as a likely candidate for an abduction or hijacking from a complete random - unless there was really something someone wanted from him. And what would that be? If it was not the cash mentioned above? We have to dig deeper.

May be just another verse from my at-times-shambolic, best case scenario song, but here goes:

Firstly, If the cat's missing I think that indicates DRC took the cat when or if he did drive west. An animal lover, as has been pointed out here, is not probably going to let the cat loose, or leave the animal to starve, etc., before running away, and a person who has been carjacked? his cat would be at his place of residence and be found by those checking there. So, to me, the missing cat is a plus.

Secondly, DRC attended the out-of-state wedding; family can be stressful enough in the first place, I think we might agree, but family in an unfamiliar setting may prove ultra-stressing, particularly if it's family we're not around much. And a wedding itself is not necessarily what we imagine it to be: a joyous and stress-free occasion whose impact on its guests is nothin' but delightful!

Thirdly, preparing to move in with one's significant other can be read two ways - the bright side is, yes, this may be strictly voluntary, nothing but free will here, and two like minds can be blessed by one another in closer proximity, one imagines. However, the decision itself is not free from stressful elements. One is surrendering a degree of freedom, no matter how one feels about the relationship.

It may be intuitive or it may be counter-intuitive to think it, but I think chances are that DRC left the state voluntarily. And I pray God this is so.

Mytee - Daryn's family is so lucky to have you as a connection here! I hope you have been getting some rest - you have been working non stop on this! :(

I also agree about the Facebook page, I was going to join early on but at that point there was only 10 members and anyone could have identified me because it was all men at that point! :p

If Daryn picked up a hitchhiker - and there was a struggle? What exactly was the motive? The car has been abandoned now. If the report of Daryn taking out money from his account is true, than maybe someone has known he had or was going to have a large sum cash on him and taken an opportunity to intercept him and steal the money and they have harmed him in the process, hence the clean vehicle. I just do not see a hitchhiker cleaning the vehicle - this is someone who has put forethought into their crime.

He just doesn't strike me as a likely candidate for an abduction or hijacking from a complete random - unless there was really something someone wanted from him. And what would that be? If it was not the cash mentioned above? We have to dig deeper.

Yes, the car was abandoned, but maybe that was the motive of the hitch hiker, if there was one, to get across country. Oklahoma is pretty far away from Oregon....Maybe cleaning of the car to get rid of the culprit's prints?
I mean it is grand theft auto, in addition to Daryn being gone, so that's a lot of charges right there if the perp would be caught....

Yes, the car was abandoned, but maybe that was the motive of the hitch hiker, if there was one, to get across country. Oklahoma is pretty far away from Oregon....Maybe cleaning of the car to get rid of the culprit's prints?
I mean it is grand theft auto, in addition to Daryn being gone, so that's a lot of charges right there if the perp would be caught....

Oh yes I totally agree but I just feel they went to a lot more effort than usual. Even removing the front number plate but putting it inside of the vehicle?! Why behind the seat? I would have thought hitchhikers are perhaps more careless... But I am not a hitchhiker and I don't think I know any!

Also - just so much perculiar information surrounding the lead up to his disappearance I just feel it is too much of a coincidence for Daryn to be the victim of hitchhiker hijacking him and then disposing of him.

Not following the discussion on Job Corps in Guthrie...what is it exactly. People live there? Work there? willingly or forced?????

Well I tried to link to the Guthrie and to the national Job Corps sites, but they are down at the moment.

In essence, Job Corps offers training and employment options to people who qualify for their program. Sometimes people work through Job Corps voluntarily, yes; sometimes courts will mandate it. People who are homeless sometimes work with Job Corps. Does anyone remember if there is an age range associated with working with Job Corps? It's been awhile since I referred anyone there or worked with any client associated with them. TIA

ETA: Answered my own question. When all else fails, rely on Wiki lol:

Job Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the concern, CuriousGrace. I admit I am somewhat sleep deprived at this point...as evidenced by the fact that I have to go back and edit my posts time and again sometimes! lol But like many of you, my heart just goes out to Daryn and his family. I know quite a few of Daryn's immediate family members personally, and I know of others indirectly. They are such a great group of folks...very loving and kind and giving. It breaks my heart that they are going through all this, and I just want to do whatever I can to help. I feel that if, God forbid, the shoe were on the other foot, they'd work hard to help me as well.

I really do want to meet Mr. Daryn Collie in person someday. If he has gone off willingly, then the first thing I am going to do is stand on a chair and bop him on his head. And then I'm going to hug the stuffins out of him. If he has met with foul play, then I am going to do whatever I can to help find the perpetrator and support the family.

This kind of thing happens all too often in our country. All. Too. Often.

Oh yes I totally agree but I just feel they went to a lot more effort than usual. Even removing the front number plate but putting it inside of the vehicle?! Why behind the seat? I would have thought hitchhikers are perhaps more careless... But I am not a hitchhiker and I don't think I know any!

Also - just so much perculiar information surrounding the lead up to his disappearance I just feel it is too much of a coincidence for Daryn to be the victim of hitchhiker hijacking him and then disposing of him.

I agree.

May be just another verse from my at-times-shambolic, best case scenario song, but here goes:

Firstly, If the cat's missing I think that indicates DRC took the cat when or if he did drive west. An animal lover, as has been pointed out here, is not probably going to let the cat loose, or leave the animal to starve, etc., before running away, and a person who has been carjacked? his cat would be at his place of residence and be found by those checking there. So, to me, the missing cat is a plus.

Secondly, DRC attended the out-of-state wedding; family can be stressful enough in the first place, I think we might agree, but family in an unfamiliar setting may prove ultra-stressing, particularly if it's family we're not around much. And a wedding itself is not necessarily what we imagine it to be: a joyous and stress-free occasion whose impact on its guests is nothin' but delightful!

Thirdly, preparing to move in with one's significant other can be read two ways - the bright side is, yes, this may be strictly voluntary, nothing but free will here, and two like minds can be blessed by one another in closer proximity, one imagines. However, the decision itself is not free from stressful elements. One is surrendering a degree of freedom, no matter how one feels about the relationship.

It may be intuitive or it may be counter-intuitive to think it, but I think chances are that DRC left the state voluntarily. And I pray God this is so.

I'm taking your thoughts about Ms. Gypsy and tucking them in the "hopeful" column!

About the wedding: My brother and my nephew both stayed with me before and after the wedding. They attended the wedding and did the music for it. Ironically, I ALMOST went with them but decided that since I had not personally met D and S, I might be "crashing." However, the pictures and my B and N's reports of the wedding are that it was a great time. I personally know that it can be a stressor when a step-mom is added to the clan. However, from all things I've seen and heard, SHC is a great lady...intelligent, fun, and sweet. So I am going to rule out that as a stressor, anyway.

Re the fiance: True enough. Relationships that are facing the "next level" can be stressful; and lord knows many people have been tempted or have "run...run like the wind!" And since this scenario could lead to a happy ending, I will tuck it into the "hopeful" column as well. :)

What I think is peculiar is the cat, too. Why hasn't the person taking car of the cat contacted authorities? Surely, whoever has the cat knows Daryn is missing by now. Even if the person taking care of the cat knew he would be gone longer, why not , at this point, fess up to the facts, if the cat person knows more than they are saying, if indeed that is the case. The person who has the cat could be totally unaware of everything, too of course, but I don't understand the mystery of the cat. Even if Daryn took the cat with him on his journey, if he left willingly, the person or boarding facility taking care of the cat when Daryn was in New York surely would have spoken up by now?? In My Opinion....

I am wondering if he was even in the car when this all occurred?? There might not be blood because if he was overtaken, maybe it did not exactly happen when he was inside the vehicle, in my opinion....
If it was a hitch hiker, maybe Daryn and the hitch hiker got out of the car somewhere after Daryn picked up the hitch hiker? In My Opinion.
Just throwing that out there. Lots of scenarios.......

That's what I was thinking too.

Taken a hitchhiker who then forced Daryn out of the car and ... did something (oh I so hope not!!) ... and took off with the car cause he needed to get to Oregon.

That's why my believe is Daryn is lying somewhere along route 35 in a ditch, obscurred by bushes/greenery, in a body of water, etc.

Car cleaned because of fingerprints imo.

What I think is peculiar is the cat, too. Why hasn't the person taking car of the cat contacted authorities? Surely, whoever has the cat knows Daryn is missing by now. Even if the person taking care of the cat knew he would be gone longer, why not , at this point, fess up to the facts, if the cat person knows more than they are saying, if indeed that is the case. The person who has the cat could be totally unaware of everything, too of course, but I don't understand the mystery of the cat. Even if Daryn took the cat with him on his journey, if he left willingly, the person or boarding facility taking care of the cat when Daryn was in New York surely would have spoken up by now?? In My Opinion....

UNLESS they simply have not gotten the word that Daryn is missing (and with the decided lack of OK MSM, that's not entirely beyond the realm of possibility)? BUT the odds of him leaving Gypsy with someone that would not have been contacted by family/other friends at this point is remote, yes. Yep, knowing where Miss Gypsy is and how long she's been there/was intended on being there (intended on being there?) is pretty important, as anybody owned by a pet knows.

Taken a hitchhiker who then forced Daryn out of the car and ... did something (oh I so hope not!!) ... and took off with the car cause he needed to get to Oregon.

That's why my believe is Daryn is lying somewhere along route 35 in a ditch, obscurred by bushes/greenery, in a body of water, etc.

And hopefully just dazed and confused and waiting to be rescued.

That's my thinking, too, is that Daryn is somewhere in Oklahoma, or a bordering state, esp. if it is true that the phone pinged in Arkansas........bringing that up again, even though it might be miscommunication and not fact, but just throwing that out there because it was mentioned, and it could be a possible scenerio, if and when searches are made... to search in Okla. and Arkansas.
So some of my questions are.........
When did Daryn leave the airport?
When did Daryn arrive at his apartment to retrieve the backpack that is the brother's backpack?
When did Daryn leave for Guthrie? Was Daryn seen on video tape driving after he dropped off his brother?, or was it that his car was seen after his brother arrived at Job Corp?, so therefore someone else could have driven off at that point...like did Daryn pick up someone from Job Corp?
Did Daryn get out of the vehicle at Job Corp?
I understand that not all these questions can be answered..........just thinking outloud......... In My Opinion Only........

Just to edit this post, that the phone did not ping in Arkansas.......

The fact he has a fiance, in the area, was going to move in with her. I would think she would know where Gypsy is. I really do believe he loved his cat, especially due to his fingernails and his persona. I am sure his fiance is part of his life in a strong way since they are engaged. I would think she would have Gypsy or know where/what he did with Gypsy during his holiday for the wedding.

I am a hiker, camper and before I got old and fat (lol) I was a climber. I will tell you, if you try to push a vehicle at a trailhead alone, it can be impossible. The fact it was backed in, plate removed, and out of gas. I still feel strongly that it was run out of gas to keep warm. I looked at the evening temps in the area of Mount Hood and it was very cold in the thirties. (if windy could feel colder).

Job Corp people do not all come from Oklahoma. They come from many states. I remember one kid that was going there from Colorado, so it would not be unheard of for one from Oregon I suppose. My son had a friend that went to Job Corp in Utah also. So its not just a local thing. Job corp is mostly for troubled youth to be honest. Sometimes its court ordered. Other times its kids on the wrong track and its kind of a last stop before disaster, a hope of straightening them out and giving them a future. This is not from a website, this is from personal experience and the people I met while living in Guthrie that lived at Job Corp. I have also read that Job Corp may be closing down in Guthrie, and 250 young people have already been turned out and they are not accepting new people at this time. I wonder if any were being turned away around the time of the disappearance. I hope that the Guthrie police are checking with Job Corp. Also I know they have a curfew, so keeps bugging me why someone would be heading to town at that late hour. IMHO

Thanks for the information on Job Corps.
Is there a more likely route from Oklahoma to Oregon? Or a couple of them. I have looked at maps but couldn't decide.
I remember on a case some time ago but I can't remember which one to try to look for it....a poster had connections with some long-distance motor transport association/company and was able to send out an alert to long distance truck drivers......seems like if we could find that resource might be useful in this case......they might have seen something etc.

One more thing, has it ever been confirmed if he was working, or on vacation from work, and for how long was he expected to be gone? Can his job confirm that he was due in the next morning? (as he said he had to be in bed to be ready for work the next day).

Also, why would the car/ignition key be removed from the rest of the keys? that bothers me for some reason. Where are the rest of his keys??? If it was him walking away from his life, he would either take the keys (all of them) or leave all of them, I just don't see him removing one. hmmm....

So if the cell phone pings from Arkansas were a rumor, unfounded. Do we know if and where they might have pinged? is the phone dead, going straight to voicemail?

The next exit north of Guthrie is a long ways up, we missed it once when headed home to Guthrie from OKC and there is no way to turn around. I do believe the next exit North leads you to Lake Carl Blackwell, very secluded area, I wonder if Oklahoma officers are checking in that area? IMHO (I think if they entered his Vehicle in Guthrie they would head north if the reason was to head to Oregon, that concerns me as its desolate up there, especially at night. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj