OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elainera: Where are you seeing this? I don't see that post. And do you mean SHC? SHC as in Daryn's step-mom (and trusted source)? Thanks!

ETA: I see the posts from the "male" purporting to be the fiance hiding under a male persona...but I don't see anything about the money part of your post?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My bad. The info is not from a verfied source, it's the admin of the fb search page who messaged me privately with the request to post it here. Some of it has however now also been posted publicly on the page.

I have also included an edit in my original post.

I am going to take some R&R time for the afternoon and attend to some things. I also don't want to pelt the family with questions/verification requests so they can hopefully get a bit of R&R too. So in general, let me remind you of "my" rules of reporting information on this thread (put in place after the initial confusion of information immediately following the notice that Daryn was missing):

IF it is reported on FB and it is reported from "SHC": That is Daryn's step-mom, and she is being pretty darn careful about the accuracy of what she puts out there.

Anything else being reported on FB or being brought over here from FB: I have been verifying that info with the family before bringing it over here; or if it originates from someone else who brought it over: I verify/discount with the family and correct the information accordingly.

As of this moment, the family has not verified that the person posting on the FB missing page as Daryn's fiance is in fact the fiance. That doesn't mean it isn't her...it just means that we haven't verified that.

Just take all of this info and your salt shaker on your sleuthing journey today! Thanks for all your thoughts, instincts, info, caring, concern, etc. Ya'll are aces among aces!:blowkiss:

I am going to take some R&R time for the afternoon and attend to some things. I also don't want to pelt the family with questions/verification requests so they can hopefully get a bit of R&R too. So in general, let me remind you of "my" rules of reporting information on this thread (put in place after the initial confusion of information immediately following the notice that Daryn was missing):

IF it is reported on FB and it is reported from "SHC": That is Daryn's step-mom, and she is being pretty darn careful about the accuracy of what she puts out there.

Anything else being reported on FB or being brought over here from FB: I have been verifying that info with the family before bringing it over here; or if it originates from someone else who brought it over: I verify/discount with the family and correct the information accordingly.

As of this moment, the family has not verified that the person posting on the FB missing page as Daryn's fiance is in fact the fiance. That doesn't mean it isn't her...it just means that we haven't verified that.

Just take all of this info and your salt shaker on your sleuthing journey today! Thanks for all your thoughts, instincts, info, caring, concern, etc. Ya'll are aces among aces!:blowkiss:

Enjoy your afternoon! Thanks for all of your input!! :)

I haven't thanked each post today or even all that many but ya'll should consider each of you thanked every time you post; this thread is full of posters who ask excellent questions (and have their "thinking caps" on, as my_tee_mouse would say!) while showing great concern. Couldn't ask for better.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My bad. The info is not from a verfied source, it's the admin of the fb search page who messaged me privately with the request to post it here. Some of it has however now also been posted publicly on the page.

I have also included an edit in my original post.

This is getting into some shaky territory. We aren't allowed to post "rumors," and the anonymous admin of a missing person's facebook page isn't really considered a MSM source or a verified "insider."

It really becomes chaotic when we don't know where information is coming from and whether it's been verified. In this case, the information from family members has been somewhat confusing and inconsistent, and MSM and LE have barely provided any info at all. So adding anonymous messages mixed with fb postings into the mix confuses the thread even further, unless the completely unconfirmed nature of the info is explicitly stated as is the exact source.

I'm also not convinced that JJ (man's name) is Daryn's fiancee. Anybody can post anything.

The fact he has a fiance, in the area, was going to move in with her. I would think she would know where Gypsy is. I really do believe he loved his cat, especially due to his fingernails and his persona. I am sure his fiance is part of his life in a strong way since they are engaged. I would think she would have Gypsy or know where/what he did with Gypsy during his holiday for the wedding.

I am a hiker, camper and before I got old and fat (lol) I was a climber. I will tell you, if you try to push a vehicle at a trailhead alone, it can be impossible. The fact it was backed in, plate removed, and out of gas. I still feel strongly that it was run out of gas to keep warm. I looked at the evening temps in the area of Mount Hood and it was very cold in the thirties. (if windy could feel colder).

Job Corp people do not all come from Oklahoma. They come from many states. I remember one kid that was going there from Colorado, so it would not be unheard of for one from Oregon I suppose. My son had a friend that went to Job Corp in Utah also. So its not just a local thing. Job corp is mostly for troubled youth to be honest. Sometimes its court ordered. Other times its kids on the wrong track and its kind of a last stop before disaster, a hope of straightening them out and giving them a future. This is not from a website, this is from personal experience and the people I met while living in Guthrie that lived at Job Corp. I have also read that Job Corp may be closing down in Guthrie, and 250 young people have already been turned out and they are not accepting new people at this time. I wonder if any were being turned away around the time of the disappearance. I hope that the Guthrie police are checking with Job Corp. Also I know they have a curfew, so keeps bugging me why someone would be heading to town at that late hour. IMHO

I also hope the police have checked with job corps because I used to work at the job corps here in Kansas and it has a fairly good security system where anyone entering or exiting the facility is checked in and out. So for example, for Daryn to drop his brother off he would have had to stop at the guard station at the entrance to campus, identify himself, his brother and his purpose for being there and then they would have allowed him through to go drive up to his brothers dorm and drop him off. The security guard would have logged Daryn's name, his brothers name and what time and date they entered. After Daryn dropped his brother off he would have had to stop back at the guard station and let them know he was leaving and they would have logged the time he left. So IF the job corps in Guthrie has the same system as the one here they should be able to say when Daryn arrived, who he was with and when he left and if anyone else was with him when he left.

It's really confusing that within about a week of him going missing, he was reportedly attending a Renaissance Festival in Muskogee, OK; taking his cat somewhere; attending his sister's graduation in New York; driving his brother to work in Guthrie, OK; using his cell phone in Northwest Arkansas, and parking his car in Hood River County, OR.

Could he even do both the graduation and the Renaissance Festival? Did the Arkansas cell ping even happen? What agency was able to so quickly get records from his cell provider and get the word out about the cell pings, though not say anything about any other aspect of the case? Have no cat-boarding places or cat-receiving friends looked into why they still have his cat? Is his cat maybe at the pound????

What is true? What is false?

I'm so confused.

A possibility regarding the cat, sad as it is, is that the cat was dropped off by Daryn at a no-kill shelter or given to someone. Either of those two possibilities could explain why no one has come forward: They are virtual strangers or don't even know that it is Daryn's (a MP) cat.

The car wasn't COMPLETELY cleaned out, right? I mean there was the sleeping bag, the suit, the passport, the laptop...so it doesn't sound to me as if it was CLEANED out in the bad sense of the word (by a criminal). It sounds more like what the fiancee said: it was a newer car and he was in the "I am going to keep it clean this time" phase. Just a possibility.

About an hour ago (3:00 pm central time, Sunday, June 9) on facebook, Daryn's stepmom confirmed that JJ was in a relationship with Daryn, though not his fiance -- which JJ then confirmed. The stepmom confirms that the JJ on the fb page is the same person as Daryn's girlfriend. So, not a fiance, but a serious girlfriend.

A possibility regarding the cat, sad as it is, is that the cat was dropped off by Daryn at a no-kill shelter or given to someone. Either of those two possibilities could explain why no one has come forward: They are virtual strangers or don't even know that it is Daryn's (a MP) cat.

The car wasn't COMPLETELY cleaned out, right? I mean there was the sleeping bag, the suit, the passport, the laptop...so it doesn't sound to me as if it was CLEANED out in the bad sense of the word (by a criminal). It sounds more like what the fiancee said: it was a newer car and he was in the "I am going to keep it clean this time" phase. Just a possibility.

Do we know what the cat looks like? Might be able to search the local pounds' websites.

What this thread wants is a precise case timeline.

Unfortunately, I don't think we know very much, at least very many specifics, yet.

Timeline should begin with stuff like when the ren-fest was attended, when DRC left OK to arrive in NY at the wedding and vice versa, of course the time last known to be seen (this we think we have), when the car was first spotted (have that too, we think), when LE arrived to investigate, and on and on.

Without one, it's hard to get a picture of the days leading up to his having gone missing, and these are important days.

ETA just checked FB and SOC is attempting to get participants there to provide info for a timeline.

I'm also not convinced that JJ (man's name) is Daryn's fiancee. Anybody can post anything.

I agree. Looked at JJs profile and didn't believe it was the fiancé ether. JJ also called him/herself "Daryn's partner". Idk why but it stuck out to me as so done who wanted attention.

ANYWAY, I have a slightly different theory than presented. I think that for whatever reason, Daryn disappeared on his own accord. I think he parked the car where he did, removed the license plate so it wouldn't be found as quickly, and met someone near where he parked the car. This person then would have taken him (willingly) to where ever they planned to go.

I think he has his cat with him. I also think that if he has indeed been withdrawing money over the past few months, this is what it's for. It's hard to track someone without a cell phone who is using cash.

Also, idk if anyone else felt this way but I found it odd that he was so specific to his brother in saying, "I'm going home...want to get to bed by 10...going straight home...need sleep before tomorrow..." It seems SO specific almost like more information than would usually be offered? Did anyone else feel that way?

ALL my opinion and not based on many hard facts.

I agree. Looked at JJs profile and didn't believe it was the fiancé ether. JJ also called him/herself "Daryn's partner". Idk why but it stuck out to me as so done who wanted attention.

ANYWAY, I have a slightly different theory than presented. I think that for whatever reason, Daryn disappeared on his own accord. I think he parked the car where he did, removed the license plate so it wouldn't be found as quickly, and met someone near where he parked the car. This person then would have taken him (willingly) to where ever they planned to go.

I think he has his cat with him. I also think that if he has indeed been withdrawing money over the past few months, this is what it's for. It's hard to track someone without a cell phone who is using cash.

Also, idk if anyone else felt this way but I found it odd that he was so specific to his brother in saying, "I'm going home...want to get to bed by 10...going straight home...need sleep before tomorrow..." It seems SO specific almost like more information than would usually be offered? Did anyone else feel that way?

ALL my opinion and not based on many hard facts.

Except for the fact that his stepmom has confirmed that JJ is indeed Daryn's girlfriend, I think the rest is very probable. Also, I hope this is what happened.

Unfortunately, I also think it's probable that he was carjacked and never went to Oregon.

(Not sure if I can really use the term "probable" for two things I think equally likely.)

This is getting into some shaky territory. We aren't allowed to post "rumors," and the anonymous admin of a missing person's facebook page isn't really considered a MSM source or a verified "insider."

It really becomes chaotic when we don't know where information is coming from and whether it's been verified. In this case, the information from family members has been somewhat confusing and inconsistent, and MSM and LE have barely provided any info at all. So adding anonymous messages mixed with fb postings into the mix confuses the thread even further, unless the completely unconfirmed nature of the info is explicitly stated as is the exact source.

Duly noted! I will not post such information anymore.

Sorry- started my post before seeing confirmation that JJ is indeed the significant other.

Portabella, according to the family (and I'll just quote verbatim the verified, trusted family member who is posting on FB):

"Mr Anderson [OR investigator...mtm] said they will pursue a criminal investigation as well as continue the ongoing missing person search and investigation.

However, he felt fairly confident Daryn was not currently on the mountain where the SUV was parked.

As to searches in the Guthrie area, family member believes LE is searching; same family member believes "LE plus" are searching in OR but that the investigation is focusing on OR at this point; but that investigation continues in "both places." Same family member will get verification re car ownership when able.

I want to come back to the statement made by the OR investigator, that he is "fairly confident Daryn was not currently on the mountain where the SUV was parked". What could be the reason that he's confident about him not being there? Did they really seach the whole area (many square miles) over these few days since the car was found? Did the inside of the car provide any undisclosed clues that prompted this statement? I just find it a bit odd.

I want to come back to the statement made by the OR investigator, that he is "fairly confident Daryn was not currently on the mountain where the SUV was parked". What could be the reason that he's confident about him not being there? Did they really seach the whole area (many square miles) over these few days since the car was found? Did the inside of the car provide any undisclosed clues that prompted this statement? I just find it a bit odd.

I think this was because LE stated no footprints lead onto the trail.

I wish I knew what the ground was like on/near the date his car would have been left. If snow or mud on ground, tracks would show if they were fresh, if no one had hiked there for many days, then if no tracks lead to the trail, then you would have a great idea that no one was up in the area. But that would lead me to believe there were tracks around the vehicle, I wonder if they used an experienced tracker to check? There is so much unanswered here. I have friends in Portland, but I am sure much like Colorado, it could be clear in Portland and have snow on the ground at Mount Hood. I could try and ask, perhaps they could shed some light on the area and how the weather is at the base of the Mountain...IMHO

If no one has done it yet, late tonight I'll go through our thread and the various fb threads and list what has come from the stepmother, LE, and MSM. Then I'll list what has come from other sources who claim knowledge. Then I'll list anything that has been posted and maybe taken as fact that later has been denied by his stepmom, LE, and MSM. In addition to his stepmom, if we get any verified family members on here, their info would be included in the verified info list.
Any suggestions to change that idea, add or subtract from it?

Also, the administrator (SOC) of the DarynRayCollie Missing fb site has requested Daryn's stepmom to confirm who she considers to be reliable sources, so that will be a huge help in sorting this all out.

FWIW I know some that attended the ren fair. They attended May 11th and 12th. It began the weekend of May 4th. Admission was not expensive, but it is possible to spend a lot of money, and many do. I was shocked at the amount she consided average.. But she also said one could very well manage to go and have a good time without spending loads of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami