OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I know some that attended the ren fair. They attended May 11th and 12th. It began the weekend of May 4th. Admission was not expensive, but it is possible to spend a lot of money, and many do. I was shocked at the amount she consided average.. But she also said one could very well manage to go and have a good time without spending loads of money.

Here are two places with pictures taken at the Renaissance Festival -- There are probably lots of other sites where pictures have been uploaded, and more will appear as time goes on. It's one way to confirm when he was there and who he was with if he shows up in a picture for which we can get a date.
http://www.okmag.com/May-2013/Oklahoma-Renaissance-Festival/
https://www.facebook.com/thecastleofmuskogee/photos_stream

I agree. Looked at JJs profile and didn't believe it was the fiancé ether. JJ also called him/herself "Daryn's partner". Idk why but it stuck out to me as so done who wanted attention.

ANYWAY, I have a slightly different theory than presented. I think that for whatever reason, Daryn disappeared on his own accord. I think he parked the car where he did, removed the license plate so it wouldn't be found as quickly, and met someone near where he parked the car. This person then would have taken him (willingly) to where ever they planned to go.

I think he has his cat with him. I also think that if he has indeed been withdrawing money over the past few months, this is what it's for. It's hard to track someone without a cell phone who is using cash.

Also, idk if anyone else felt this way but I found it odd that he was so specific to his brother in saying, "I'm going home...want to get to bed by 10...going straight home...need sleep before tomorrow..." It seems SO specific almost like more information than would usually be offered? Did anyone else feel that way?

ALL my opinion and not based on many hard facts.

This theory sounds very possible, but the laptop is nagging me. I can't see him leaving it behind. Can one be traced by a laptop?? I should know this, but have no idea. If so, is it not possible to wipe it, or whatever, to make it untraceable? Maybe not, I have no clue. Could it have been an old one....my son has several as he is always upgrading to a newer, better, faster one.

I really hope he just left on his own, but so many things make me feel it is very possible he did not.

Here are two places with pictures taken at the Renaissance Festival -- There are probably lots of other sites where pictures have been uploaded, and more will appear as time goes on. It's one way to confirm when he was there and who he was with if he shows up in a picture for which we can get a date.
http://www.okmag.com/May-2013/Oklahoma-Renaissance-Festival/
https://www.facebook.com/thecastleofmuskogee/photos_stream

The individuals that I know also attended the festival the year before and took many pictures that year. Never occurred to me to ask about this year, but I am sure they did. Can't hurt to look through them just in case... Ya never know.

The scales located that truckers go through in oregon have cameras that take pictures of the cars on the highway incase a truck skips. Someone should check these to see when daryns car went through and who was in it.

It's really confusing that within about a week of him going missing, he was reportedly attending a Renaissance Festival in Muskogee, OK; taking his cat somewhere; attending his sister's graduation in New York; driving his brother to work in Guthrie, OK; using his cell phone in Northwest Arkansas, and parking his car in Hood River County, OR.

Could he even do both the graduation and the Renaissance Festival? Did the Arkansas cell ping even happen? What agency was able to so quickly get records from his cell provider and get the word out about the cell pings, though not say anything about any other aspect of the case? Have no cat-boarding places or cat-receiving friends looked into why they still have his cat? Is his cat maybe at the pound????

What is true? What is false?

I'm so confused.

The phone ping never happened. In the first days of Daryn going missing, a family member had mistakenly reported that the phone last pinged in Arkansas. She knew that Daryn had attended the graduation with his brother, his dad, and his step-mom (among others); because the dad and step-mom live in NWA, the family member mistakenly assumed that Daryn had left for/returned from NY via NWA with the rest of his family.

If ya'll knew just how sorry this family member is for having contributed to that bit of confusion, you would all pat her on the head and say, "There! There! It's okay!" She now understands all too well just how vital the correct reporting of the tiniest tidbit is...that the tiniest tidbit might be the one that means finding Daryn okay or finding him at all even. I think...repeat...IMO...too that at that point in time she probably secretly thought, "Ooooooh! When he shows up, is he gonna get it!" The realization that something's just not right in Denmark (or in this case Guthrie) has hit home all too well with this poor family. Oh that he would "just show up and get it!"

I cannot speak for the information other people report on other sites or even here, but as for the family and myself, we have a verification system in place, and we stick with it. That means that if you ask a question here and I relay it to the family, we might have to wait a bit to get an answer...but then I'm about as confident as I can be that we are getting the correct answer!

If MSM would just get up off their duffs and report this case, we wouldn't have some of these problems. I take that back...here lately MSM has to be verified/cross-verified, certified, modified and codified.

Thanks to all of you who work so diligently to make sure the correct information gets posted; and thanks to all of you who are working your boohonkuses off to find answers, share resources, and posit theories based on that information!

If no one has done it yet, late tonight I'll go through our thread and the various fb threads and list what has come from the stepmother, LE, and MSM. Then I'll list what has come from other sources who claim knowledge. Then I'll list anything that has been posted and maybe taken as fact that later has been denied by his stepmom, LE, and MSM. In addition to his stepmom, if we get any verified family members on here, their info would be included in the verified info list.
Any suggestions to change that idea, add or subtract from it?

Also, the administrator (SOC) of the DarynRayCollie Missing fb site has requested Daryn's stepmom to confirm who she considers to be reliable sources, so that will be a huge help in sorting this all out.

Thank You So Much for doing this. This information will make everything much clearer!! :)

A possibility regarding the cat, sad as it is, is that the cat was dropped off by Daryn at a no-kill shelter or given to someone. Either of those two possibilities could explain why no one has come forward: They are virtual strangers or don't even know that it is Daryn's (a MP) cat.

The car wasn't COMPLETELY cleaned out, right? I mean there was the sleeping bag, the suit, the passport, the laptop...so it doesn't sound to me as if it was CLEANED out in the bad sense of the word (by a criminal). It sounds more like what the fiancee said: it was a newer car and he was in the "I am going to keep it clean this time" phase. Just a possibility.

Frankly, IMO, it sounds more like someone was cleaning for fingerprints.

About an hour ago (3:00 pm central time, Sunday, June 9) on facebook, Daryn's stepmom confirmed that JJ was in a relationship with Daryn, though not his fiance -- which JJ then confirmed. The stepmom confirms that the JJ on the fb page is the same person as Daryn's girlfriend. So, not a fiance, but a serious girlfriend.

Thank you for relaying that! I was fretting because I didn't want to pester the family again this p.m., but I really didn't want us to go without verification all night either.

The phone ping never happened. In the first days of Daryn going missing, a family member had mistakenly reported that the phone last pinged in Arkansas. She knew that Daryn had attended the graduation with his brother, his dad, and his step-mom (among others); because the dad and step-mom live in NWA, the family member mistakenly assumed that Daryn had left for/returned from NY via NWA with the rest of his family.

If ya'll knew just how sorry this family member is for having contributed to that bit of confusion, you would all pat her on the head and say, "There! There! It's okay!" She now understands all too well just how vital the correct reporting of the tiniest tidbit is...that the tiniest tidbit might be the one that means finding Daryn okay or finding him at all even. I think...repeat...IMO...too that at that point in time she probably secretly thought, "Ooooooh! When he shows up, is he gonna get it!" The realization that something's just not right in Denmark (or in this case Guthrie) has hit home all too well with this poor family. Oh that he would "just show up and get it!"

I cannot speak for the information other people report on other sites or even here, but as for the family and myself, we have a verification system in place, and we stick with it. That means that if you ask a question here and I relay it to the family, we might have to wait a bit to get an answer...but then I'm about as confident as I can be that we are getting the correct answer!

If MSM would just get up off their duffs and report this case, we wouldn't have some of these problems. I take that back...here lately MSM has to be verified/cross-verified, certified, modified and codified.

Thanks to all of you who work so diligently to make sure the correct information gets posted; and thanks to all of you who are working your boohonkuses off to find answers, share resources, and posit theories based on that information!

Thank you for again saying that Daryn's cell phone DID NOT ping in Arkansas. With my mind being stuck on that, and bringing it up several times here on Websleuths, I apologize to everyone for the fact that I kept bringing it up, therefore making it an issue,( a true issue of concern tho), but an issue, that has been proven false, so we no longer have to worry about that because the cell phone never did ping in Arkansas.
Can you tell your family member that I am sorry that I kept bringing it up, and I am concerned about Daryn and my mind just would not let that ping go!! :)
Hugs!!!! :)

I agree. Looked at JJs profile and didn't believe it was the fiancé ether. JJ also called him/herself "Daryn's partner". Idk why but it stuck out to me as so done who wanted attention.

ANYWAY, I have a slightly different theory than presented. I think that for whatever reason, Daryn disappeared on his own accord. I think he parked the car where he did, removed the license plate so it wouldn't be found as quickly, and met someone near where he parked the car. This person then would have taken him (willingly) to where ever they planned to go.

I think he has his cat with him. I also think that if he has indeed been withdrawing money over the past few months, this is what it's for. It's hard to track someone without a cell phone who is using cash.

Also, idk if anyone else felt this way but I found it odd that he was so specific to his brother in saying, "I'm going home...want to get to bed by 10...going straight home...need sleep before tomorrow..." It seems SO specific almost like more information than would usually be offered? Did anyone else feel that way?

ALL my opinion and not based on many hard facts.

I would LOVE to follow your lead on this, but if this was a case of him intentionally meeting someone: Why would he leave his suitcase and his laptop in the car? How can we get around that?

And my-tee-mouse, you sure didn't take a very long R&R because you are Back On Here!! It is good to see you, though, or to hear you, or to see your words, you know what I mean!! :)

I also hope the police have checked with job corps because I used to work at the job corps here in Kansas and it has a fairly good security system where anyone entering or exiting the facility is checked in and out. So for example, for Daryn to drop his brother off he would have had to stop at the guard station at the entrance to campus, identify himself, his brother and his purpose for being there and then they would have allowed him through to go drive up to his brothers dorm and drop him off. The security guard would have logged Daryn's name, his brothers name and what time and date they entered. After Daryn dropped his brother off he would have had to stop back at the guard station and let them know he was leaving and they would have logged the time he left. So IF the job corps in Guthrie has the same system as the one here they should be able to say when Daryn arrived, who he was with and when he left and if anyone else was with him when he left.

ksprincess this is a valuable post!! Lots of great info here!!! Thank You!!! :)

Okay, viz a viz the timeline, I have time when he was last known to be seen, time when car was discovered, and Northwest Arkansas. Other?

Missing two weeks, two MSM reports (both yesterday; both in Oregon); an Oregon sheriff's dept. release; and a mention on a furry site. #oklahomastrong

What this thread wants is a precise case timeline.

Unfortunately, I don't think we know very much, at least very many specifics, yet.

Timeline should begin with stuff like when the ren-fest was attended, when DRC left OK to arrive in NY at the wedding and vice versa, of course the time last known to be seen (this we think we have), when the car was first spotted (have that too, we think), when LE arrived to investigate, and on and on.

Without one, it's hard to get a picture of the days leading up to his having gone missing, and these are important days.

ETA just checked FB and SOC is attempting to get participants there to provide info for a timeline.

I know! My mind wants a timeline, so I can put things together. This is like a puzzle with pieces strewn about with some pieces (many) pieces missing, and I know that many others feel the same way. Right now, it is like working with an abstraction, trying to form in into something tangible, although bits and pieces are coming together, like the car found out of gas, in Oregon, backed up at the trail with one of the license plates off, with some articles in the car of value to Daryn,etc.

If no one has done it yet, late tonight I'll go through our thread and the various fb threads and list what has come from the stepmother, LE, and MSM. Then I'll list what has come from other sources who claim knowledge. Then I'll list anything that has been posted and maybe taken as fact that later has been denied by his stepmom, LE, and MSM. In addition to his stepmom, if we get any verified family members on here, their info would be included in the verified info list.
Any suggestions to change that idea, add or subtract from it?

Also, the administrator (SOC) of the DarynRayCollie Missing fb site has requested Daryn's stepmom to confirm who she considers to be reliable sources, so that will be a huge help in sorting this all out.

Did I ever tell you that you're my hero??!!!!!!!

Since SHC on FB is verified as family I will post this.
For those compiling the timeline:
It has been shown that Daryn left Job Corps 5/26 at precisely 9:37pm.

Since SHC on FB is verified as family I will post this.
For those compiling the timeline:
It has been shown that Daryn left Job Corps 5/25 at precisely 9:37pm.

Thank You! Do you know if he left by himself or did he have a passenger in the car at that time?
(meaning did he pick up someone who was exiting Job Corp as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami