OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing, has it ever been confirmed if he was working, or on vacation from work, and for how long was he expected to be gone? Can his job confirm that he was due in the next morning? (as he said he had to be in bed to be ready for work the next day). Family reports that it was Daryn's employer who alerted his dad that Daryn had not shown up for work on Monday or Tuesday.

Also, why would the car/ignition key be removed from the rest of the keys? that bothers me for some reason. Where are the rest of his keys??? If it was him walking away from his life, he would either take the keys (all of them) or leave all of them, I just don't see him removing one. hmmm....I'm thinking that this was a spare key to the car that someone may have overlooked in their clean-up.

So if the cell phone pings from Arkansas were a rumor, unfounded. Do we know if and where they might have pinged? is the phone dead, going straight to voicemail? The AR cell ping information was based on an assumption by a family member...not a rumor per se, but just mistaken. LE has Daryn's phone records, IIRC. OR LE reports that no phone was found in Daryn's vehicle.

The next exit north of Guthrie is a long ways up, we missed it once when headed home to Guthrie from OKC and there is no way to turn around. I do believe the next exit North leads you to Lake Carl Blackwell, very secluded area, I wonder if Oklahoma officers are checking in that area? IMHO (I think if they entered his Vehicle in Guthrie they would head north if the reason was to head to Oregon, that concerns me as its desolate up there, especially at night. IMHO
I wondered if there were lots of remote areas on a logical course between Guthrie and OR. :(

Additional info: Daryn's step-mother is reporting that OR LE have told them that "there were no footprints up the trail...but didn't mention around the car, but we guess it's reasonable that they likely looked for footprints around the vehicle as well." So...those of you who know the area, or those of you that can refresh my memory...was the car actually on pavement? Dirt? If on dirt, there'd have to be some footprints leading somewhere, I would think.

ETA: I'm changing my responses to questions to the color red so people realize they are actually answers and not a part of the original quoted post.

And hopefully just dazed and confused and waiting to be rescued.

Yes, you're right. I should have been more positive! Find it difficult at the moment I have to admit. :( Hope I'm wrong!

One more thing, has it ever been confirmed if he was working, or on vacation from work, and for how long was he expected to be gone? Can his job confirm that he was due in the next morning? (as he said he had to be in bed to be ready for work the next day).

Yes he was working and was not on vacation from work. On the fb page someone said that his employer contacted someone of the family (fiancee?) on Monday because he had not turned up for work.

Yes, you're right. I should have been more positive! Find it difficult at the moment I have to admit. :( Hope I'm wrong!

Yes he was working and was not on vacation from work. On the fb page someone said that his employer contacted someone of the family (fiancee?) on Monday because he had not turned up for work.

Family has confirmed to me that the employer contacted Daryn's father after Daryn did not show up for work that Monday or that Tuesday.

Family has confirmed to me that the employer contacted Daryn's father after Daryn did not show up for work that Monday or that Tuesday.

oh man...:(

I am strictly going off my gut here, but I honestly feel that whatever happened or whomever happened, happened in Guthrie. Are there any searches planned by chance for the Guthrie area? I don't know why, but I just feel due to the size of him that he did not go to Oregon. I think what ever happened to him happened relatively fast after the "taking". I will consider all other aspects of course, no tunnel vision here. But Guthrie has some very secluded places also, very close to the hiway on the North end. One comes to mind heavily, if anyone decides to search there, I would love them to check one area. It is a spot only those familiar to Guthrie would know about, but its close to the interstate. This breaks my heart to feel this way...So sorry, praying I am wrong. IMHO

Have they asked his fiance about Gypsy yet, you said in all the upsetment that she is probably forgetting that question, however I do feel its a very important one...IMHO

Does DRC own his car outright or does he have to make payments?

Pretty hard to walk away from something like that if one has a clear title.

oh man...:(

I am strictly going off my gut here, but I honestly feel that whatever happened or whomever happened, happened in Guthrie. Are there any searches planned by chance for the Guthrie area? I don't know why, but I just feel due to the size of him that he did not go to Oregon. I think what ever happened to him happened relatively fast after the "taking". I will consider all other aspects of course, no tunnel vision here. But Guthrie has some very secluded places also, very close to the hiway on the North end. One comes to mind heavily, if anyone decides to search there, I would love them to check one area. It is a spot only those familiar to Guthrie would know about, but its close to the interstate. This breaks my heart to feel this way...So sorry, praying I am wrong. IMHO

I'll check with the family, and I'm sure they would like to know the place you have in mind as well.

Have they asked his fiance about Gypsy yet, you said in all the upsetment that she is probably forgetting that question, however I do feel its a very important one...IMHO

As of the last time I asked the family earlier today, fiance still had not responded re Gypsy. :(

Does DRC own his car outright or does he have to make payments?

Pretty hard to walk away from something like that if one has a clear title.

Good point! I've presented that question to family.

From SOC on the fb search page:

Fiancé lives two hours away and was not informed of who had Gypsy.

He had taken out money because the weekend before he disappeared he took her to the ren fair and spent money there.

Fiancé has been dealing with an 18 month old who has been in the hospital so she had been away from computer and focused on daughter.

ETA: have to add that this info is not from a verfied source, it's the admin of the fb search page who messaged me privately with the request to post it here. Some of it has however now also been posted publicly on the page.

Portabella, according to the family (and I'll just quote verbatim the verified, trusted family member who is posting on FB):

"Mr Anderson [OR investigator...mtm] said they will pursue a criminal investigation as well as continue the ongoing missing person search and investigation.

However, he felt fairly confident Daryn was not currently on the mountain where the SUV was parked.

As to searches in the Guthrie area, family member believes LE is searching; same family member believes "LE plus" are searching in OR but that the investigation is focusing on OR at this point; but that investigation continues in "both places." Same family member will get verification re car ownership when able.

Re car ownership from family: Daryn recently acquired the car (within the last couple of months); they believe he was making payments on it.

He had taken out money because the weekend before he disappeared he took her to the ren fair and spent money there.

Fiancé has been dealing with an 18 month old who has been in the hospital so she had been away from computer and focused on daughter.

Th ren fair... as in the renaissance fair? Do you know which one? Not that it probably matters at all, but there was one in OK a few weeks back. Can't remember exactly where..

Elainera: Where are you seeing this? I don't see that post. And do you mean SHC? SHC as in Daryn's step-mom (and trusted source)? Thanks!

ETA: I see the posts from the "male" purporting to be the fiance hiding under a male persona...but I don't see anything about the money part of your post?

The Oklahoma Renaissance Festival - which I think may be the state's largest one - is in Muskogee and ran from 04 May to 02 June this year.

http://okcastle.com/

OK. I can't help but giggle a little over this. Family states that Daryn did not keep a neat vehicle. Purported fiance states that Daryn kept this new vehicle pristine because it was his baby. As a member of a family notorious for their messy cars, I can think back to how "we" keep our cars clean for about the first two weeks and then it's back to, "Well heck with it...at least I'm not littering!"

Re money being withdrawn (per Daryn's step-mom):

"Mr Anderson also indicated that Daryn had been withdrawing large cash sums frequently over the past few months. The Guthrie Police are investigating this and other financial records as well as phone records, etc." (I still don't see anything about the reason for the withdrawals having to do with the RF though?)

[Note: I am awaiting verification from the family that the person purporting to be the fiance is in fact the fiance]

So the fiance (as of now still an unverified source) is posting more info about the cat:

Doesn't know where the cat is. Has been searching as well. She was an indoor rescue cat. She's unfixed and never was allowed to roam free outdoors. The food bowls were empty with a few crumbs. The litter box was clean and freshly scooped. Cat carrier not found at the app. Her cat tree and many cat toys were at his apartment.

This is so weird. Either Daryn boarded her somewhere before going to NY or someone took her away (cat box missing). But who?

I am wondering if he visited the Ren fair often during the month that is was open, they are very costly to go to and you can spend a fortune at them. They would fit into his lifestyle as we know it, and also he would be able to buy thing otherwise unobtainable at the fair...IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj