OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that it is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon. There are no self-service pumps, so if gas was bought for the car in that state, there would have to be a witness.

Really? What is the reason for a law against self serve gas stations?
TIA.
ETA: nevermind, already answered.

Just fyi...Guthrie is the type of town that "rolls their sidewalks up " after dark especially on a Sunday. I'm sure someone at these stores would rember something.

What about Del City? Is it the same way? For example, if someone was getting out of their car upon their return home and someone approached them with a gun or knife at that hour of the night, is it likely anyone would be out to take notice that something "didn't look right?" If some sort of scuffle ensued, would neighbors be willing to get involved and report it (upon hearing that Daryn's missing, of course...oy).

You seem to be the magician when it comes to pulling MSM rabbits out of this particular case's hat, so do your magic wfgodot! :seeya:
I'm such a magician that I've made OK media coverage disappear entirely, d'oh! Currently waiting for Pacific NW to wake up this morning and WA and Seattle-based coverage to kick in. I hope.

Really? What is the reason for a law against self serve gas stations?
TIA.
ETA: nevermind, already answered.

MM, I wondered that myself. Among the legally-worded explanations, I found one which I will paraphrase:

Because the people of Oregon and New Jersey do not trust people to not blow themselves up! lol Probably a lot of truth in that explanation!

I'm such a magician that I've made OK media coverage disappear entirely, d'oh! Currently waiting for Pacific NW to wake up this morning and WA and Seattle-based coverage to kick in. I hope.

Try waving your magic wand in the opposite direction!

Del city is more active.. there are usually people out at all times . To Say if someone would say anything or not I don't know. There are some for areas of del city that are really ghetto. However I went to high school there people seemed to know when something wasn't right.

I'm not seeing any marked points? I've enlarged it...does it need to be really enlarged?

When you click on the link, do you see the yellow stars spotting the town of Guthrie? Those Yellow stars are gas stations, if you click on each yellow star it will tell you which station it is? Are you seeing this or is it only visible to me??? if so how odd...

Can you please tell me again how to spell Daraby??? Darraby? TY...

Hey just wanted to add in some basic points According to Dodge his vehicle gets roughly 18-19 MPG on a 19.5 gal tank. Roughly speaking 361 miles on a full tank of gas.
Guthrie (if that's where the starting point was) to Hood River Or is 1,832 miles. Meaning they/he would have had to stop for gas at least 5 times en route. I hope this makes it easier. <3 Jen

When you click on the link, do you see the yellow stars spotting the town of Guthrie? Those Yellow stars are gas stations, if you click on each yellow star it will tell you which station it is? Are you seeing this or is it only visible to me??? if so how odd...

No, Hun, I'm not seeing any stars (should I knock myself up side the head before I look at it, mebbe? lol). Seriously...would someone else please click on the link and see if they see the stars? Maybe it's just my ole eyes.

Hey just wanted to add in some basic points According to Dodge his vehicle gets roughly 18-19 MPG on a 19.5 gal tank. Roughly speaking 361 miles on a full tank of gas.
Guthrie (if that's where the starting point was) to Hood River Or is 1,832 miles. Meaning they/he would have had to stop for gas at least 5 times en route. I hope this makes it easier. <3 Jen

Good to know! Thanks, jenstar!

You're very welcome. That way, if we "assume" he filled up in Guthrie, you can map out every 361 miles to a station or nearby city.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to transfer this map with the stars that I have marked to this thread....anyone know how to do this? Map people out there? I asked my son, he said to use the "embed" but that failed....HELP

RoseRed, I wondered the same thing about the OKC end...was there an abandoned car from another state found in OKC around the time Daryn went missing? And then I have to wonder if that car belonged to a missing person in another state. Did someone make their way across country by this method?

We all so want this to be a voluntary thing on Daryn's part, but I just keep going back to: If you take the time to plan a life escape...why leave your suitcase and laptop in the car when you get there? Unless of course the fuel problem puts a cog in your works and then...why do you not return to your car to retrieve it and your things?!

I have also wondered if any abandoned cars have been found in Oklahoma. Maybe stolen, but if not, even maybe just towed. Was Daryn one to help someone that is having car trouble? Could he have stopped to help, and given someone a ride? Maybe stopped at a gas station for coffee, seen someone having trouble, offered a ride, ect. Like Portabella said.... maybe someone needed a car. Could tow companies be checked in the area for cars that were abandoned and towed around the time he disappeared? May be a lot of work, but just an idea.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to transfer this map with the stars that I have marked to this thread....anyone know how to do this? Map people out there? I asked my son, he said to use the "embed" but that failed....HELP

Is there a "share" feature? And you've used the "link" button to retrieve the link...not just copied and pasted the link in the site bar?

Gotta run for a few. Someone else have other suggestions? I've done very little with maps myself.

I am so clueless on mapping, or I would do it. I would like to see the stations along the routes. The gas thing is so odd. Would he have had enough cash to pay that way? No debit/credit to trace?

I have also wondered if any abandoned cars have been found in Oklahoma. Maybe stolen, but if not, even maybe just towed. Was Daryn one to help someone that is having car trouble? Could he have stopped to help, and given someone a ride? Maybe stopped at a gas station for coffee, seen someone having trouble, offered a ride, ect. Like Portabella said.... maybe someone needed a car. Could tow companies be checked in the area for cars that were abandoned and towed around the time he disappeared? May be a lot of work, but just an idea.

Well, we know he picked up hitchhikers, so agreeing to give someone a ride who he thought was in trouble is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop