OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's lots of mountain biking going on in this area, I wonder if either a bike was hidden at the trail head ahead of time, or perhaps this person had a mountain bike of some sort with him, if indeed he did car jack Daryn, and this person put the bike in the back of the vehicle for the trip to Oregon?? Maybe he was a hitch hiker biker?? In My Opinion..

If that is the case, maybe Daryn did not realize as to what length family, friends, and strangers would go to as they genuinely care for him, and want to make sure he is ok and bring him back home safely.

Wish we could stream this post out across the heavens in the hopes Daryn would see it.

Wish we could stream this post out across the heavens in the hopes Daryn would see it.

Even if he doesn't see it now, he will when he gets back, if indeed he just needed a break. That should give him a new perspective on things in his life....

And if he did leave on his own, maybe he thought he had good reason to do so, if he doesn't have children to take care of, just himself, you know...maybe he just needed to get away?? But it seems odd that he would leave his employer like that...unless he thought "I was looking for a job when I got this one," so he can do it again when he gets back, or maybe there is a job promised to him elsewhere?
Maybe he wouldn't "normally" have done this to his family, but maybe he felt like he was an adult and made his decision, and would deal with the consequences later, esp. if he was only going to take a break and come back to his life later. People do quit jobs without notice...But it just seems odd that he would plot, plan, be so deceptive about things, ya know. Like why not just say, Hey I need a break from this job, Hey I need a break from my relationship, hey I need a break from my reality now....? Why not just come clean about it?? That's why I think that something happened to him.......But I don't want to give up hope either, so I want to leave that open,because he may very well have needed time to "find himself".....

"So...." he said, taking advantage in a lull in the action. "What do we think?"

Left voluntarily, of own accord? Epic-length OK-OR carjacking? Left voluntarily but was carjacked en route? Other?

IMO:

Option A: Carjacked and left somewhere very shortly thereafter.

Option B: Foul play at the hands of someone he thought he knew well/thought he could trust but did not really know at all/was definitely not to be trusted.

Daryn was into some very interesting and unusual hobbies, some of which involved meeting "people" online. People can claim to be whatever they want to be online. They've been known to use other people's pictures and claim them as their own and even make up cutesy little stories to go along with the photos. Trust me...I know this for a fact, jack, having been a mod on another forum and having had to hold the cyber hand of many a person who was seriously duped by a cyber "friend."

Daryn was also a trusting person who was into the Furry life. Furries wear furry costumes so their real identities are unknown. The anonymity of it is part of the "fun" and "excitement." They too can be anyone; and face it, even a huge man in a bunny costume is not someone one would tend to distrust...if one were used to seeing grown people in such costumes (me...if I saw a huge man in a bunny costume, I'd run like the wind).

In short...my option B is that he was duped by someone he met online...through one of his hobbies/interests...and they took advantage of his trust to fill their own need to hurt people; or he was not happy when he found out the person wasn't as they had presented themselves, and that made the "fake" person very angry.

Again, IMO.

True. Was just referring to official-site LE press release & two MSM articles echoing said press release. Distressingly narrow parameters, those.

Nothing new on MSM at this hour, btw. Anything new on Gypsy the Cat?

Indeed. This whole case has distressingly narrow parameters beyond belief. Oy.

Since there's lots of mountain biking going on in this area, I wonder if either a bike was hidden at the trail head ahead of time, or perhaps this person had a mountain bike of some sort with him, if indeed he did car jack Daryn, and this person put the bike in the back of the vehicle for the trip to Oregon?? Maybe he was a hitch hiker biker?? In My Opinion..

Hmmmmm........

Even if he doesn't see it now, he will when he gets back, if indeed he just needed a break. That should give him a new perspective on things in his life....

And believe you me...when he gets back and I get hold of him...he's gonna read every. single. post. :floorlaugh:

But supplying community members with batches of chocolate chip cookies would be nice. :-)
Well, I would, but I assigned the baking of the batch to Bobbles the Boston terrier, who was slightly befuddled by it all, so we wound up just eating the chips mixed with the batter. Very good, I must say.

But supplying community members with batches of chocolate chip cookies would be nice. :-)

And it doesn't even have to be baked! It can be....
raw cookie dough, although nowadays that's not healthy (salmonella), but I ate plenty of it as a kid, and look at me see how I turned out....Hey now!!!!! Be Nice to Me!!!

It can be the chocolate chips, or chunks of chocolate, I am not picky...

However you (Wfgodot) would like to supply the cookies, works for me!!
EDIT.......
I see you left the baking to Bobbles the Boston Terrier.........I'm scared.........those are tootsie rolls in those cookies, aren't they??? :)

IMO:

Option A: Carjacked and left somewhere very shortly thereafter.

Option B: Foul play at the hands of someone he thought he knew well/thought he could trust but did not really know at all/was definitely not to be trusted.

Daryn was into some very interesting and unusual hobbies, some of which involved meeting "people" online. People can claim to be whatever they want to be online. They've been known to use other people's pictures and claim them as their own and even make up cutesy little stories to go along with the photos. Trust me...I know this for a fact, jack, having been a mod on another forum and having had to hold the cyber hand of many a person who was seriously duped by a cyber "friend."

Daryn was also a trusting person who was into the Furry life. Furries wear furry costumes so their real identities are unknown. The anonymity of it is part of the "fun" and "excitement." They too can be anyone; and face it, even a huge man in a bunny costume is not someone one would tend to distrust...if one were used to seeing grown people in such costumes (me...if I saw a huge man in a bunny costume, I'd run like the wind).

In short...my option B is that he was duped by someone he met online...through one of his hobbies/interests...and they took advantage of his trust to fill their own need to hurt people; or he was not happy when he found out the person wasn't as they had presented themselves, and that made the "fake" person very angry.

Again, IMO.

I hear you on the Option B. In fact, my personal order of supposition at this point, going from most likely to least is (A) Ran off (B) Murdered by acquaintance (C) Carjacked.

STEADFAST.......

FOR THE TIMELINE:

Per family member, Daryn's dad and step-mom went to Guthrie on Wednesday, May 29 to file the missing person's report.

EDIT.......
I see you left the baking to Bobbles the Boston Terrier.........I'm scared.........those are tootsie rolls in those cookies, aren't they??? :)
Hang on - Bobbles is insisting on another bowl of cold milk to go with that dough, which, he insists, is unenriched by any product not packaged and sold by Nestle. He has put the "tootsie rolls in the kitchen" event behind him (so to speak).

And it doesn't even have to be baked! It can be....
raw cookie dough, although nowadays that's not healthy (salmonella), but I ate plenty of it as a kid, and look at me see how I turned out....Hey now!!!!! Be Nice to Me!!!

It can be the chocolate chips, or chunks of chocolate, I am not picky...

EDIT.......

Snort!!!!!!!

I hear you on the Option B. In fact, my personal order of supposition at this point, going from most likely to least is (A) Ran off (B) Murdered by acquaintance (C) Carjacked.

Now that you mention it, my order should be more like:

a) Murdered by an "acquaintance"

b) Carjacked

c) Ran off

Thanks, for the new info, Mytee!

Sat...5/18...................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Sun...5/19..................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Mon..5/20..................Muskogee –Skiatook -- Del City ^
...................2:56pm...Moore tornado, 7 miles from Del City
Tue...5/21..................OKC-NYC*
Wed..5/22.................NYC*
Thu...5/23..................NYC*
Fri.....5/24..................NYC*
Sat...5/25...?..............NYC*
Sun...5/26...?.............Arrives at OKC airport *
...................8:03pm...Calls stepmom in NY, leaves message *
...................8:47pm...Stepmom calls back, he's at a Taco Bell with brother *
...................9:37pm...At Job Corps in Guthrie, OK, dropping off brother

Wed..5/29.................Missing person report filed with Guthrie LE by dad and stepmom

Fri....5/31..................NAMUS entry created for Daryn

Mon..6/3....am..........Car spotted
Hood River County, OR, on I-35 near the head of ZigZag trail.*

Thu...6/6.....?.............Car identified as Daryn's by LE

* means fb info from stepmom
^ means fb info from JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online