OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I going to get shot down from quoting from facebook?
A family member has posted information on when the car was found and by whom. I think it's relevant information for the case/timeline.
Any Ideas?
At least on other threads I've followed, FB info could be referred to as long as it was not copied and pasted directly, and the source of the information was clearly designated to provide a disclaimer that this was not LE or MSM information.

Only the official facebook can be linked up here. A mod needs to review and approved the facebook, first - so please submit links to a Mod for review and approval. Also any background regarding the facebook, so the review will go smoother.

Once a facebook is approved, it may be linked to - but the comments/discussion on facebook may not be posted here, nor may it be considered as fact. An individual poster may believe it as fact, that's fine. But for it to be considered fact at WS it needs to come from MSM or LE.

If you have questions or concerns, please notify a mod.

Salem

Salem posted this yesterday, so here in lies our answer from the moderator...

Well, I followed a "share" and it happened to be one of DC's family members. Totally stumbled upon, really. But she claims to be DC's cousin and is really interested in the case.
I feel about <_> < that big right now.

Oh I see. :) So, from this info, it suggests the car had been there for 3 days before it was reported?

If Daryn's car was somewhat new and we all know it takes a while to receive plates in the mail, could it be that the front license plate wasn't removed, but simply never attached to begin with?

Also, I don't know how it is in other states but here in CA they don't really search out cars missing the front plate- it's a law but low on the totem pole, KWIM? So it's not guaranteed that if he hasn't put the front plate on yet, he would have been cited for that. Some people try to keep them off in order to drive through things like toll booths without the front plate being caught on camera. This could be for a couple reasons: usually to avoid payment, but possibly something else for Daryn now that I think about it... Maybe that front plate was removed/not installed purposely to fly under the radar more clearly.

Sat...5/18...................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Sun...5/19..................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Mon..5/20..................Muskogee –Skiatook -- Del City ^
...................2:56pm...Moore tornado, 7 miles from Del City
Tue...5/21..................OKC-NYC*
Wed..5/22.................NYC*
Thu...5/23..................NYC*
Fri.....5/24..................NYC*
Sat...5/25...?..............NYC*
Sun...5/26...?.............Arrives at OKC airport *
...................8:03pm...Calls stepmom in NY, leaves message *
...................8:47pm...Stepmom calls back, he's at a Taco Bell with brother *
...................9:37pm...At Job Corps in Guthrie, OK, dropping off brother

Fri....5/31..................NAMUS entry created for Daryn

Mon..6/3....am..........Car spotted
Hood River County, OR, on I-35 near the head of ZigZag trail.*

Thu...6/6.....?.............Car identified as Daryn's by LE

* means fb info from stepmom
^ means fb info from JJ

Thanks so much for that timeline, Steadfast.

Do we know anything at all about events between 5/26 and 5/31? Was he last seen 5/26, but not reported missing until 5/31? Does that suggest periods of silence/lack of contact with family may have been normal for Daryn?

Thanks so much for that timeline, Steadfast.

Do we know anything at all about events between 5/26 and 5/31? Was he last seen 5/26, but not reported missing until 5/31? Does that suggest periods of silence/lack of contact with family may have been normal for Daryn?
I don't know when he was reported missing with Guthrie LE, so that's why it's not on there. It was before 5/31 because this thread was started before then, on 5/29.

Okay, back from grocery store in time for YOUR hourly "Anything new on MSM?" report.

And the answer is.....no.

Sinking feeling when first googling web and first item up is, once again, from Team Flipdog. Then click on "news" and - still the same three: Oregonian, Albany Trib, Flayrah - the fur site.

I saw one FB page that was posting from his cousin and people had all kinds of questions. There was only one response back to those questions.
The person must be a furry and said he was asked by the cousin to post it. But it died out June 2 due to no responses.

"So...." he said, taking advantage in a lull in the action. "What do we think?"

Left voluntarily, of own accord? Epic-length OK-OR carjacking? Left voluntarily but was carjacked en route? Other?

I just don't see somebody moving somebody they did harm to a vehicle to take them somewhere else to dump them. This would be a good spot for just walking back a ways and leaving them there. I doubt one person could do it without leaving drag marks.But surely if he just left on his own, he had help and that person would know by now that he's being searched for?? It's not a crime to just take off. But since he had no job, wasn't rich, and would need a car at some point, it makes no sense. If his clothes were all at home, he would have to start over on that. Ok, so this means I have nothing to offer...

Okay, let's just think about the car for a sec. It disappeared on the night of Monday, 5/26, in Guthrie, OK, and reappeared in the early morning of Monday, 6/3, in Hood River County, OR.

That's a 27 hour drive, according to Google. So why take 7 days? That's a ridiculously long time for that drive.

Although there is no other reasonable alternative to the route on Google, what about a completely unreasonable route? Maybe that's why it took a week to do the drive. Maybe the driver headed right through the Rockies on smaller roads. Or maybe the driver stopped somewhere for a few days along the way.

Also, re car: It is highly visible. Orange in color, unusual in shape. Much more noticeable than the average car. I would think it would be more noticeable on the less-traveled roads than on the interstate routes.

MSM-wise, the DRC case may be getting trumped by a story from Washington that broke today, just north of the border from Hood River Co. OR - a naked woman on "a spiritual quest" has gone missing from a campground in Skamania County. There's a WS thread on this.

Left voluntarily, of own accord? Epic-length OK-OR carjacking? Left voluntarily but was carjacked en route? Other?

Well, since you asked....... I think this is voluntary, planned far in advance. Women's intuition and all that.

I'm leaning to voluntary, too. Can't really comprehend with this little evidence of it a carjacker bringing the car's owner on a long trip and, in the end, not stealing his belongings. Also, there's no body. Plus his car doesn't seem like a carjacker's dream. In addition, big life changes may have been about to happen and lifestyle was being concealed from family -- huge stressors.

For once, I don't think the worst in a case.

My other main feeling about this case, and with no disrespect intended, is the stature of Daryn. Over 6 foot and 250 pounds would not have made him an easy target for an assailant. And if the worst harm did come to him - moving a body of considerable weight (especially when we take into account dead weight) would be very, very difficult.

Again I apologise for thinking these thoughts - but my gut feeling is that Daryn has not come to the harm of an assailant and is still alive.

But a gun...or even a knife...negates a lot of height and weight. Just ask Travis Alexander (oh wait...we can't because a slip of a girl stabbed him 29 times before before shooting him).

And if you hold a big person at gunpoint and have them drive to a remote area near a ditch or ravine and have them get out...easy matter to roll them off.

I, like you, hate to "go there," but we have to "go there" to a certain degree, whether we like it or not.

Me too. Male guesswork, with me. Still some rough edges to this theory, though.

I am not sure what to think...I am leaning toward voluntarily leaving.

I'm leaning to voluntary, too. Can't really comprehend with this little evidence of it a carjacker bringing the car's owner on a long trip and, in the end, not stealing his belongings. Also, there's no body. Plus his car doesn't seem like a carjacker's dream. In addition, big life changes may have been about to happen and lifestyle was being concealed from family -- huge stressors.

For once, I don't think the worst in a case.

If that is the case, maybe Daryn did not realize as to what length family, friends, and strangers would go to as they genuinely care for him, and want to make sure he is ok and bring him back home safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop