OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that body of water that crosses 77/Sooner Road due north of Guthrie, just past E County Road 76?

ETA: MORE SPECIFICALLY.....ABOUT 10 MINUTES NORTH OF JOB CORPS IN GUTHRIE???!!!

Do all my posts now have to be approved by a Mod? I'm so confused as to what happened. As I was going back to edit/erase my posts..everything disappeared and when I went to clarify what the Mod and I talked about. I understand the need for relevant posting, I just don't understand why, if I truly cared enough to apologize I'm being singled out.
Maybe it should be me that really WASN'T an asset to the case.
I apologize for any inconvenience.
Happy Sleuthing.

Do all my posts now have to be approved by a Mod? I'm so confused as to what happened. As I was going back to edit/erase my posts..everything disappeared and when I went to clarify what the Mod and I talked about. I understand the need for relevant posting, I just don't understand why, if I truly cared enough to apologize I'm being singled out.
Happy Sleuthing.

Oh Jen, it Isn't You!!! Mine was gone, too, it isn't US!!! :)
I think they are trying to move on......

YES you are an ASSET!!!

Happy Sleuthing.

I missed a lot of that because of tornado warnings here. I appreciate your posts and helpful attitude. Maybe it will sort itself out in a few minutes.

Taking off the license plate just makes me suspicious. If there's no license plate on a vehicle a cop would have it towed within two to three days no questions asked. Whomever drove it and took off the license plate knew what they were doing and intended to leave the vehicle there (IMO) hoping that it would be towed and forgotten.

Which brings up an important point: Did the report not say that the front tag was removed? Not front and back tag...front tag...and the car was backed in. Does OR require front tags? Would a car not sporting a front tag stick out at all?

Hey, I just noticed......
One of the TAGS below, says
Daryn Ray Collier

Can we get it changed to
Daryn Ray Collie

I assume not, as the key was inside the car (unless it was a spare or a house key - don't know if that's been mentioned).

To my knowledge as of this moment we do not know if it was a spare, primary...or even the only...key to the car.

One thing that has me puzzled is the license plate. I'm may have read it wrong but I thought it said the front plate was removed. In Oklahoma we don't have front plates , unless they are novelty or dealership advertisments

Here's part of SHC's statement regarding the car, the contents, and the license plates as related to Daryn's dad by OR LE:

Detective reported to Daryn's dad that Daryn's vehicle was reported as suspicious by an employee (didn't quite catch the name of the organization).

The vehicle had been backed up to an embankment in a trail parking area about 15 to 20 feet from the road (Highway 35) near the head of the Zig-Zag Trail which leads to the Dawn River Trail to the Surveyor's Bridge Trail.

The car was literally out of gas, the front license plate removed and placed behind the front seat, the front interior of the car had been completely cleaned out (no candy/food wrappers, gas station receipts, etc.).

There was not a cell phone in the SUV.

There was a single car key in the car, not in the ignition (he couldn't recall for sure w/o checking w/his detectives, but he thought the lone key was found in the center console).

It is highly unusual for Daryn to keep his car so neat and tidy according to Daryn's dad.

The detective said they will pursue a criminal investigation as well as continue the ongoing missing person search and investigation.

However, he felt fairly confident Daryn was not currently on the mountain where the SUV was parked.

REPEAT: THIS IS WHAT OR LE RELAYED TO DARYN'S DAD AS RELATED BY DARYN'S STEP-MOM. THEY ARE THE ONES PRIMARILY COMMUNICATING WITH LE.

Wow, amazing sleuthing. Is there a way anybody could find out if his vehicle may have been spotted there?

The family has been notified that we are trying to get a map/list together to help them figure out where the vehicle might have stopped along the way. I will present it to them once it is finished...with the permission of the map's/list's authors, of course. :-)

Did the vehicle in fact have OK state plates or were they tribal nation plates? Here, the latter are very much in evidence and many if not all feature front and back plates. Does DRC have Native blood, as, if so, he could get what is referred to locally as his "Indian card," be a member of a tribe, and thus qualify to use nation plates.

I have put this question to the family.

With the plate left in the car,placed in the back of the car I believe it was said (under the seat, I can't recall), would that possibly mean that when it was mentioned on the thread about having a Different License plate tag, that that scenerio could be correct.......with the Real tag left inside the car?? Great sleuthing guys, whoever brought that point up....I forgot who did....sorry, Great sleuthing to you, if this is the case! :)
EDIT.......was it definitely an Oklahoma tag found on the back of the vehicle, or another states license plate tag? Was it Daryn's real tag found inside the vehicle, or another states tag found there?

Per family member....Daryn is about 1/32 Native American and not eligible for Tribal Nation.

I've also asked them if his car was tagged in OK and pointed out the discrepancy between what LE stated with regard to "front tag" and the fact that while OR requires two tags, OK does not.

Only things out there from LE or MSM only refer to the vehicle having "Oklahoma license plates" (plural) and nothing about car's contents, what plates were where, etc.

Not exactly...read my post upthread which cites step-mom's account of what OR LE told Daryn's dad about the plates. :)

Not exactly...read my post upthread which cites step-mom's account of what OR LE told Daryn's dad about the plates. :)
True. Was just referring to official-site LE press release & two MSM articles echoing said press release. Distressingly narrow parameters, those.

Nothing new on MSM at this hour, btw. Anything new on Gypsy the Cat?

I don't know when he was reported missing with Guthrie LE, so that's why it's not on there. It was before 5/31 because this thread was started before then, on 5/29.

He was reported last seen by his brother on Sunday, 5/26. He failed to show up for work on Monday, 5/27 and Tuesday 5/28, whereupon Daryn's employer called Daryn's father. As to when exactly he was reported missing to Guthrie LE...I've asked that this be included in our list of "regular" questions submitted to Daryn's step-mom today (as opposed to anything we really need to know sort of ASAP). I am doing it this way to allow her to take care of other matters and not harass and harangue her.

Hey, I just noticed......
One of the TAGS below, says
Daryn Ray Collier
Wfgodot plea-bargained the charge down to a misdemeanor and pled guilty on this. Still has to do the community service though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop