OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
missingmydad,

First, let me express my deepest sympathy for you and your family.
Second, welcome to websleuths.

I have just finished reading all the posts in this thread and I have two theories.

1. There was nothing in the safe and has nothing to do with the murder.

2. The GF, if not involved, might have seized the opportunity to take what was in the safe with the knowledge that Mr. Neff could not possibly be alive due to the amount of blood at the bar. Could she have had time or opportunity to enter the home after the murder and before you found the safe empty?

IMO, based on what I have read, I don’t feel the safe is directly related to the murder.

I have just finished reading all the posts in this thread and I have two theories.

1. There was nothing in the safe and has nothing to do with the murder.

2. The GF, if not involved, might have seized the opportunity to take what was in the safe with the knowledge that Mr. Neff could not possibly be alive due to the amount of blood at the bar. Could she have had time or opportunity to enter the home after the murder and before you found the safe empty?

IMO, based on what I have read, I don’t feel the safe is directly related to the murder.

Interesting..

It actually could have been anyone with the safe though IMO.
Could have also been family or friends.

Basically, yeah, someone could have seized the opportunity to take the cash if there was any in there.

I still wonder who knew how much he kept in there..

Something I'm wondering about.
Was it common practice for him to go to the bar alone or did his girlfriend usually go with him? What was his normal routine every morning?
Also, was it normal for his friend to show up early at the bar like he did or was that unusual? Why did his friend go there that morning?

VB

Interesting..

It actually could have been anyone with the safe though IMO.
Could have also been family or friends.

Basically, yeah, someone could have seized the opportunity to take the cash if there was any in there.

I still wonder who knew how much he kept in there..

IMO, If Mr. Neff's daughter did not have access to the room or safe, the only other person I could think he may have trusted with access would be the gf. I too, wonder if anyone knew how much he kept in it. How did the papers get "thousands"?

IMO, If Mr. Neff's daughter did not have access to the room or safe, the only other person I could think he may have trusted with access would be the gf. I too, wonder if anyone knew how much he kept in it. How did the papers get "thousands"?

The safe throws me off a little also, well the Locked room does anyway. If it doesnt self-lock, it almost seems like it was done by someone out of habit over someone trying to throw LE off. I think it was still motivated by money. The money in his shirt pocket could have went easily overlooked. Most people keep money in their wallets, not shirt pockets so it could have just been an oversight of the killer/s. Or something could have made them rush to get rid of him and get out of there before they had a chance to search him for additional money. I am leaning more towards the GF with an additional one or two accomplices. She does have a criminal record and has used aliases before per record searches.
I have high hope the task force they brought in will resolve this very quickly. My thoughts and prayers for the family.

IMO, just because the daughter that comes here did not have access, does not mean someone else didn't either.

I was the only one out of 3 kids with access to everything with my dad. I knew the safe combo, where the key was; where he kept extra cash (in both cars lol) as well as the stuff he kept at his house. Neither my 2 siblings nor my "mother" knew any of this.

They actually junked his car with cash still in it. :banghead:

The money in his shirt pocket could have went easily overlooked. Most people keep money in their wallets, not shirt pockets so it could have just been an oversight of the killer/s.

If we take the safe out of the equation; then you wonder why they did not take money from his shirt. It very well could be that there was cash in another pocket from when he got to the bar to open it; the money for the bar was kept separate from the pocket money.

I'm not convinced anyone was even in his house; but I wasn't there either.

I am so sorry for your loss! I hope you find what happened and those responsible are held accountable!

I find it completely crazy that the locked door was not opened by the police. Really that fact right there is a hard one to swallow.
They find blood everwhere enough to decide to crime tape it off and now they are looking for an injured person who may have went home and may have been in that locked room needing help? really wth? I know surely after the jonbonet incident there are memo's about that kinda crap arent there?
Why kill a man if you know where he lives and where his safe is and his schedule? There was something they needed from him if it was money why leave 750 in his pocket? If it was the money in the safe why not get it while he was at work?
B&E is alot better then murder. Easier and less stressful.Is anybody calling family members asking how the police are coming alone. Checking in more often or not like they used to.
I know you are getting bombarded with questions but hopefuly they will be helpful at some point even though it may seem redundant at first. I too have few that you may not be able to answer now or ever some might lead to stuff to look out for.

Was his body hidden in something (sheet bag etc. )
where there any clothes missing from his house ? Shoes or boots?
Are there any places that would have caught that truck on tape in the directions it was know to travel that day at anytime.
Have you been to local junkyards to check for said truck? Might be a long shot as there could be many red trucks.
I also would think someone who obtained alot of cash would be spending it in places like wal mart and they might have needed new shoes that day and a different car soon afterward criminals now know alot about evidence hanging arround which is why they took the body and that truck may have only been used for that and ditched.Maybe it was planned And checking pockets of the man whos safe they wanted didnt fit the plan. And the Bar crime scene doesnt make sence if the person knew him,very risky smaller time frame and more witnesses. Why? Dont stop asking.

WE WERE NEVER TOLD THE CONDITION OF HIS BODY WHEN IT WAS FOUND I ASSUME IT WAS NOT COVERED SINCE THE FISHERMAN KNEW IT WAS A BODY RIGHT AWAY.
I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY CLOTHING OR SHOES MISSING FROM HIS HOME.
IF ANYWHERE CAUGHT IT ON TAPE THEN WE DON'T KNOW IT, BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL ROUTES THAT COULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM THE BAR TO POCOLA. I HAVE NOT CHECKED JUNK YARDS BUT THATS GOOD IDEA.
I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANYONE SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN USUAL, BUT THE LE I AM SURE HAS TAKEN NOTE OF IT IF ANYONE HAS CALLED ANY INFO IN. I CALL OFTEN, JUST TO CHECK, BUT THEY ARE VERY VAGUE.
I AGREE, ANYONE THAT WOULD DO THIS IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, IS EITHER CRAZY OR STUPID. I MEAN IT IS SCARY ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL LET ALONE MURDER!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS REALLY HAPPENING. AND THEN TO THINK THEY DROVE ABOUT 20 MINUTES TO WHERE THEY DUMPED HIM. WHAT IF THEY WOULD HAVE WRECKED OR BEEN PULLED OVER, OH MAN I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE. SICK, SICK PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. :mad:

Ok there were probably 4 or 5 barmaids that worked down there. I think all of them went to work at the same bar now. Including the gf. The gf had a 2nd job she was at other job that morning, yes she stayed the night and seen him before she left. Worked a while at other job then came to work at bar, found the scene. Dad was seen by in different places, for sure, he paid a bill and bought a part. Bar is closed down since may 14th and is for sale.
The life ins was not enough to pay for funeral and gets pd at 150 per month for a long time. My sister and i are the benefic. On it. Oh the insurance company (and i think all of them are the same) they will only cover up to $200 of stolen money and the ded. Is more than that. So it be would not have been for the insurance.

thurs-dad was killed, my husband takes the cops to look at dads. they skipped over the locked door, my husband told them it always stayed locked. at this time though we didn't know dad was dead. my husband and i stayed the night there in case he called and needed help. we were there til morning and my mom and family friend stayed the day while the rest of us searched, so the house was not left empty. door still locked. there were so many people in and out over those days. but nobody there alone. i stayed each night, since he was killed. on friday after we searched we all met up again to update each other where we looked, we decided to break in to see. found it called cops they got search warrant etc.

i wonder if dad got into safe everyday, it may have been broken into days before but that would be risky too, had he found it before, but then they could have left him alive. i just do not understand. even if it was or was not for money they could have left him alive, he would have gave them all the money or whatever. he was just too nice. i do not know about him holding something for someone. he was too smart to hve something illegal there he would have made an excuse as to why he couldn't hold it, he was not a stupid man. that is why this is so scary, he was the SMARTEST MAN I KNEW, he was too careful i cannot believe anyone could have snuck up and done this to him. he always paid attention to everything and everyone. he taught me to always be aware of what is going on around you, how did they do this without him suspecting something?

if it were 2 seperate crimes then why kill him? was that just for sport? i don't understand, that is how i have thought about this, they killed him or money, but if that is not true, why would they kill him, are there people out there that would do that for free? if they had nothing to gain then why kill him? i don't know why they killed him anyway... they could have just asked, he would have done anything. what else could be a motive, i have heard jealousy but would they have killed him then tried to hide the body or just left it there. if it was a hit, who paid, and where did they get their money? oh we will catch them, i feel it, thank you everyone!!!!

I am not an expert. This is my opinoin

Okay so the known factors to drive a person to murder are
the ending of a relationship
getting fired from a job
lossing ones home.

I would also expect someone who could do this to have a history of threats and be prone to get angry easy. And be able to have an accomplice capable of the same type of crime.

If it is personal then you knowing your dad and his daily activities should be able to come up with a list of suspects. If he was alive who would he think killed him?
Here we are limited to not mentioning names as they arent named in the media. That is a great rule but it makes it harder for you. you can give us clues and obits and arrest records

It may be hard for you to do this but it may bring you answers or relief.
Do you think that someone your dad knew killed him? or do you think it was a stranger?
I know you have said you dont know who could have done this to him but does that mean you have no suspects?

Know anyone thats sick?
By sick, I mean someone diagnosed with cancer, new diagnosis.
They could have flipped out, shooting your dad by accident.

I mention this because it's pretty common from what I'm hearing for people that have been diagnosed to go into rages.
These are people that don't normally rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand