GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just curious, was the Flame Club in back of Walt's Steakhouse? Has it been confirmed Ray Thompson was killed? Hmm... I had heard you had to ring a bell..but whatever lol

Hubby worked this area for 42 years and is trying to shake the cobb webs loose..I can say I'm glad we recently retired and feeble haha. Will try to provide any info if possible. He knows the back road mentioned...been on it many times.

Also has knowledge of the chop shop...but not comfortable giving out more info online.

No, it was a stand alone building just past a small motel and liquor store that are no longer there.
Thompson was shot in the head, dumped in a ditch, a young couple were arrested but never convicted in the crime. I think they had his car, a Mercedes Benz 450 SL, if I remember correctly and had went out of state. They were taken back to Poteau and I think a trial did happen so it should be in the records

No, it was a stand alone building just past a small motel and liquor store that are no longer there.
Thompson was shot in the head, dumped in a ditch, a young couple were arrested but never convicted in the crime. I think they had his car, a Mercedes Benz 450 SL, if I remember correctly and had went out of state. They were taken back to Poteau and I think a trial did happen so it should be in the records

Yup hubby testified in federal court in Ar.

Wow, I did some in home psychology work in that area. It was a very backward place and I never felt safe going off of the main roads. I remember things being very tricky in Salisaw, Poteau, Roland, and Picola...I hated having to go out and do sessions away from the office or the schools.

Hello all! I have just tried to catch up on the last couple of pages. I did want to tell you that nobodys arm was ever cut off. The guys had pulled over waiting to jump a random vehicle. The first one to pull over to "help" they got after them with a chainsaw. They tore up the car with it and injured them but no arms cut off.
Everything is going well. Dads case is moving right along and I am waiting for answers. I will get on here soon, hopefully with answers. Thank you all, please keep praying.

From the Daily Oklahoman - Tuesday, December 17, 1985:

"POTEAU _ Police here said Monday they are still searching for clues in the shooting death of a local man, whose body was found Sunday north of the city.

Police chief Bill Seale said the body of Billy Raeford Thompson , 55, of Poteau , was found in a ditch along a dirt road at the northern edge of the city shortly before noon Sunday.

He had been shot once in the head and once in the chest with a large-caliber gun, the police chief said.

Seale said it appeared that Thompson, found face up, was shot and killed at that site. A passing motorist saw his body and reported it to police."

More (not very useful or interesting) in the article, but I found it in a subscription database so I can't link.

Bumping once again seeking justice for Mr. Neff, MMD, and the rest of his family and friends.

May this upcoming year bring the murderer of this fine man closer to justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back