OK - Ivy Webster, 14 and Brittney Brewer, 16, among 7 murdered by Jesse McFadden, Henryetta, 1 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Banfield is on now. 32 phones registered to that address. The kids phones were there, LE didn’t say anything about the victims phones left behind. Drug paraphernalia, filled injectables. Toddler photos in compromising sexual orientation. Toddler clothing with blood.

LE is not talking. When they left the doors were left open. When the parents went in all of the drug and sex paraphernalia, phones, hard drives, were there. When one of them went back all of the drugs were gone.

His brother is apparently similar to him. She hasn’t elaborated on that yet. Brian Entin is on with Banfield.

"I've moved from the initial grief and overwhelming sorrow I felt on learning the news of this terrible crime," Fetgatter said. "Now I'm angry. I'm furious this man was ever let out of prison with his conviction of rape and new charges of sexually soliciting a minor while he was still in state custody."

Fetgatter said even though it is the end of the legislative session, he's planning to file last-minute legislation to better protect the public from convicted sexual perpetrators. Sen. Roger Thompson, R-Okemah, has pledged to help

"I've worked on this issue, and yet we're facing what happened in Henryetta," he said. "I want to pass a law that closes any loopholes to keep something like this from ever happening again."
*I’ve tried to avoid this thread. It feels so close. My sisters and I spent a week with my great uncle and all my other uncles when we were young. I just remember cooking out in the backyard.

Last edited:

[snip]

Webster said he's angry at county authorities, whom he believes failed his family.

"It took me and my family going back out there" to convince authorities to initiate a proper search, he said.

Webster praised OSBI's efforts so far.

[snip]

I am kinda thinking they need to figure out where the felons gun came from and charge that person . I am all for guns right but ,your guns rights do not involve supplying guns to sex offenders so . that should be investigated as it own independent investigation.

I am kinda thinking they need to figure out where the felons gun came from and charge that person . I am all for guns right but ,your guns rights do not involve supplying guns to sex offenders so . that should be investigated as it own independent investigation.
IIRC it was posted earlier in the thread that the victim H purchased the gun

MAY 9, 2023
More than a week after a murder-suicide left seven dead including five teenagers, a family whose efforts motivated authorities to take another look say they believe progress is finally being made.

"There's a lot more work to do. But I'm confident we are going to be getting more answers and the bigger picture," said Justin Webster, whose 14-year-old daughter Ivy was found slain May 1 with six others on a property near Henryetta.

[...]

Webster said he also found a list of names inside the home. The list included just first names along with dates of birth.

He said one name and date matched one of McFadden's victims from a previous charge.

[...]

Concerns over the investigation weighed heavily, he said, but news that same day that OSBI was taking charge brought a "sense of peace."

Webster said he's angry at county authorities, whom he believes failed his family.

[...]

Webster praised OSBI's efforts so far.

[...]

[...]
McFadden mentioned wanting to take a “sex offenders course,” but because there wasn’t a program like that offered at his facility, he couldn’t.
[...]

aaaaaaaAAAAGGGHHH :mad:

@Dargon335, there wasn't even a SO program where he was housed! (Not that I believe it would have rehabilitated him anyway. But they didn't even try!)
IMO it makes no logical sense whatsoever that he was convicted of a SO against a minor, sentenced to prison, and then was assigned to an Oklahoma DoC facility that didn't offer any SO programs.

Didn't anyone at OK DoC think it would be necessary for a convicted SO be at a facility where he could at least receive some form of treatment? I agree that the likelihood of a violent criminal like this being rehabilitated was slim to none to begin with, but the chances are absolutely zero if no such programs are offered.

MOO, but I believe Steven Harpe, Director of the Oklahoma DoC, needs to hold a press conference and explain to the families of the victims his agency's actions in this matter. Why did this person spend years in a prison that offered no form of rehabilitation for his crime. Couldn't he have been transferred to another prison that DID offer such a program?

What did the OK DoC expect to happen when he was released into society, especially given that there was no required followup with OK DoC or local LE, no required counseling, etc? It's like placing a lighted match next to an open can of gasoline and then being surprised when there's an explosion.

The events in this scenario are absolutely tragic and unacceptable. No one should have to go through this.

Last edited:
IMO it makes no logical sense whatsoever that he was convicted of a SO against a minor, sentenced to prison, and then was assigned to an Oklahoma DoC facility that didn't offer any SO programs.

Didn't anyone at OK DoC think it would be necessary for a convicted SO be at a facility where he could at least receive some form of treatment? I agree that the likelihood of a violent criminal like this being rehabilitated was slim to none to begin with, but the chances are absolutely zero if no such programs are offered.

MOO, but I believe Steven Harpe, Director of the Oklahoma DoC, needs to hold a press conference and explain to the families of the victims his agency's actions in this matter. Why did this person spend years in a prison that offered no form of rehabilitation for his crime. Couldn't he have been transferred to another prison that DID offer such a program?

What did the OK DoC expect to happen when he was released into society, especially given that there was no required followup with OK DoC or local LE, no required counseling, etc? It's like placing a lighted match next to an open can of gasoline and then being surprised when there's an explosion.

The events in this scenario are absolutely tragic and unacceptable. No one should have to go through this.
And how many more Jesse McFadden's are out there?

He was convicted and incarcerated in late 2003.

This article (paywalled) from 2009 says, at that time, there were more than 3,000 SO's in Oklahoma prisons but only space for 55 inmates in the treatment program! :eek:

Oklahoma Corrections Department lacks funding to help sex offenders

Gun was purchased by his wife. It's hard to understand why a woman with children would marry a convicted sex offender to begin with (even if he didn't tell her the truth about his rape case), and purchase a gun with a sex offender in the house, but she can't be punished because she is dead.

Gun was purchased by his wife. It's hard to understand why a woman with children would marry a convicted sex offender to begin with (even if he didn't tell her the truth about his rape case), and purchase a gun with a sex offender in the house, but she can't be punished because she is dead.
I don't want to make assumptions about the nature of their relationship, but I would wager that JM told her to buy the gun, and which gun, and likely she knew she didn't have any choice. He couldn't buy it himself because of his criminal record, so he had her do it. JMO.

This reminds me of the Brooke Bennett case, so much advance planning by her killer ...just so evil. MOO

Kathy

That was one of the first cases I ever dove into here, and remains one of the most disturbing.

Also getting flashbacks to the Brittney Wood case in ALA.

Maybe just coincidence and a spotlight onto non-conspiratorially awful police work, but hard to escape the feeling that this was one case that local LE would have been happy to let lie as"solved," nothing else to see here.

TG for that pesky media and still peskier family members who have a sincere and profound investment in seeing a proper investigation and unfolding complex truths.

That was one of the first cases I ever dove into here, and remains one of the most disturbing.

Also getting flashbacks to the Brittney Wood case in ALA.

Maybe just coincidence and a spotlight onto non-conspiratorially awful police work, but hard to escape the feeling that this was one case that local LE would have been happy to let lie as"solved," nothing else to see here.

TG for that pesky media and still peskier family members who have a sincere and profound investment in seeing a proper investigation and unfolding complex truths.
Brittany's case is the one I keep thinking of, too. There seems to be some underlying terror and evil in the McFadden family that has led to at least two of the siblings torturing and raping females.

It must have been so hard for him to keep all of his horrible actions from his wife. Those poor kids!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back