OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh BTW I had his exact phone I think from the photo, you can rewind but you have to click like more options then rewind. Maybe his was different with a different service but for me it was easier to just redial than to fuss with pushing more buttons.

Oh and maybe he mis-dialed the number he was getting from his VM for the first two tries and then he listened again to see if he dialed it right and then redialed the eufala number.

Who ever left the VMAIL may have left detailed info he needed to write down, I have never owned a blackberry, but if he couldn't just rewind the VMAIL like you can on an iphone, he may have needed to call his VMAIL back to get it all. If he was unable to understand a portion that may be why he called the one # and when they didn't answer he tried listening to his VMAIL again.

Very good point. Thanks to you and mayelf, that seems logical.

That is why I think it is very important to find out who it was in Eufala he was talking to.. He was going up on the mountain 2 days in a row, what would he need to know from these people that pertained to what he was doing?

Oct 23, 2009: Sherilyn's mother claimed Star had gotten a court order to take possession of Bobby and Sherilyn's house, vehicles, and personal property, said she had no money to fight Star on thishttp://*************.net/index.php?topic=6343.20

This would explain why the police released the money to her.

Oct 23, 2009: Sherilyn's mother claimed Star had gotten a court order to take possession of Bobby and Sherilyn's house, vehicles, and personal property, said she had no money to fight Star on thishttp://*************.net/index.php?topic=6343.20

This would explain why the police released the money to her.

That court order, was it listed here? http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2551780&db=Oklahoma

If not, it could just be hearsay or scrubbed

Hhhmm, and supposedly after only 6 days of searching. I wonder if any of the family members in the McStay case got a court order to take possession of their estate.

Hhhmm, and supposedly after only 6 days of searching. I wonder if any of the family members in the McStay case got a court order to take possession of their estate.

It happened in the Gricar case, though it was several months and his daughter was on his accounts.

I believe Oct 18 was on a Sunday, so if this is correct, she had to of had her attorney working on the paperwork within 3 days of them discovering the truck to get a court date and judgement by Friday.

It happened in the Gricar case, though it was several months and his daughter was on his accounts.

Oh the Gricar case, the attorney that drove the little red car. I remember feeling bad for his girlfriend, as it seemed she was left in the dark. Yes, just like the Jamisons', I believe he is alive and well too. I think Gricar may have just planned his own disappearance-I don't know much about this one though, just what I saw on Disappeared

I believe Oct 18 was on a Sunday, so if this is correct, she had to of had her attorney working on the paperwork within 3 days of them discovering the truck to get a court date and judgement by Friday.

What can I say, seems Star knew they were going to end up missing. This doesn't exactly leave me scratching my head as my theory accounts for this.

And Bob Dean was barely in his grave when she seized his estate.
Star certainly knows the ins and outs of the legal system. In one year she got a divorce, the estate of the EX husband despite the divorce and change of will, and control of the estate of her son. Very sad circumstances, but very profitable for the widow Jamison. (said with dripping sarcasm)

We can see where Bobby learned his talent at claims, law-suits, et al.

Why is the Eufala number a mystery/unknown? Timeline says he called the number. So they knew the number but couldn't find who owned it? How is that possible?

Why is the Eufala number a mystery/unknown? Timeline says he called the number. So they knew the number but couldn't find who owned it? How is that possible?

Quoting this because I've seen this question asked several times but haven't seen any answer to this. I've been wondering the same thing for a long time and the only possible theory I have seen thrown out was that the number could possibly belong to a disposable phone that was no longer in use by the time the phone records were obtained/checked. Does anyone have any more information on this mystery number or why the identity of the person remains unknown?

I have three thoughts on it, only two serving as any type of explanation for the continued unknown identity.

1. I worked for a seasonal job in which the employer provided a temporary phone from T-Mobile for a few months. I received countless calls from people asking for multiple different people. I assumed the phone number was locked to the phone I was using and the callers were seeking people who previously had my phone. My boss seemed to be under the impression that that was not necessarily the case and that numbers from temporary phones were sold from provider to provider as necessary. I really don't know much about it, but it makes me wonder whether the mystery number is now registered to a new owner or whether it is no longer in service at all? I don't know whether the answer to that question would help answer any other questions about how the identity remains unknown or not. Anyone have any more knowledge about this than I do?

2. Mitch, I have to admit that I'm skeptical of the WPP angle, but this still unknown caller seems like it could possibly fit into your theory in some way. You're clearly more knowledgeable of WPP than I, so I'm interested on whether this could be communication related to WPP that has intentionally been made untraceable in one way or another?

3. I am wondering what "unknown" really means. Do we know that LE has been unable to identify the call recipient? If we don't know that for sure, it seems possible that LE was able to obtain this information but did not release it to the public for some reason. My first thought is that it was someone cleared of any involvement and/or clearly uninvolved in the rest of the Jamison narrative, so LE didn't want to drag that person's name into this all. If this case were less cold from the very beginning, I would think that police were keeping that information close because they did suspect involvement. I don't think that's the case here, especially at this point in the investigation.

Does ANYONE here know anything that explains the mystery number? I can't recall any theories discussed previously, aside from the disposable phone angle. It seems like this number could be either completely unimportant and a waste of attention OR a crucial piece in the puzzle, particularly if the person is actually unknown to everyone, including LE, and therefore may have information about the Jamison's last days that no one else has been able to provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering the same thing for a long time and the only possible theory I have seen thrown out was that the number could possibly belong to a disposable phone that was no longer in use by the time the phone records were obtained/checked.

Yep, this gets my vote. That's why I was asking about go-phones or burner phones earlier. If someone had a plan to eliminate the Jamisons and was waiting for an opportunity to set that plan into motion, he might have had such a phone on hand to prevent any calls being traced back to him. A simple phone call and a GPS tracker stealthily placed on Bobby's truck might have been all that person needed to accomplish his goal.

Yep, this gets my vote. That's why I was asking about go-phones or burner phones earlier. If someone had a plan to eliminate the Jamisons and was waiting for an opportunity to set that plan into motion, he might have had such a phone on hand to prevent any calls being traced back to him. A simple phone call and a GPS tracker stealthily placed on Bobby's truck might have been all that person needed to accomplish his goal.

Go phones and/or burn phones are still traceable. This is Eufala, Oklahoma not a big metropolis. The phone went on line at same point, from that point back check all purchases as nearly all stores will have video. Did they cross reference any other numbers dialed by mysterious (2 different unknown Eufala numbers) phone. Numbers dialed before and after from this phone? I just feel this potential lead has not been thoroughly investigated. Seriously, 4 years in and the phone numbers that made lengthy calls to Bobby the day before they went missing are still unknown. Is there anyone reading this that believes they could have called and threatened our president in 2009 from a burn phone and gotten away with it?

Heck, did they even check where the numbers were pinged at? To me, this seems to be the easiest part of the mystery to solve.

Go phones and/or burn phones are still traceable. This is Eufala, Oklahoma not a big metropolis. The phone went on line at same point, from that point back check all purchases as nearly all stores will have video. Did they cross reference any other numbers dialed by mysterious (2 different unknown Eufala numbers) phone. Numbers dialed before and after from this phone? I just feel this potential lead has not been thoroughly investigated. Seriously, 4 years in and the phone numbers that made lengthy calls to Bobby the day before they went missing are still unknown. Is there anyone reading this that believes they could have called and threatened our president in 2009 from a burn phone and gotten away with it?

Heck, did they even check where the numbers were pinged at? To me, this seems to be the easiest part of the mystery to solve.

All I can say is that I have no faith whatsoever that every possible lead was adequately followed up. Latimer County LE was in way over its head on this case and I have not been impressed by OSBI's efforts in any of the cases I've followed. Makes me sad to say it but, if LE ever does turn up a suspect, there may not be enough evidence to convict.

All I can say is that I have no faith whatsoever that every possible lead was adequately followed up. Latimer County LE was in way over its head on this case and I have not been impressed by OSBI's efforts in any of the cases I've followed. Makes me sad to say it but, if LE ever does turn up a suspect, there may not be enough evidence to convict.

A suspect? Lol. They are gonna rule this anything but murder just to get the monkey off their back. What is sad is that unless they do rule it a murder most everyone won't believe it because of their methods. The good news to that is the file should be opened up to the public if it isn't a murder, right?

Which number is the real estate lady? Didn't they call her? Is that the Muskogee number on the 7th?

OkieGranny, did you happen to come across any helpful discussion of the phone records, particularly these mystery calls, over on Topix? I have been begrudgingly making my way through those posts since I looked at your posted links and saw the amount of additional information (of course, of questionable reliability) littered throughout the discussions over there. I have barely scratched the surface, but I haven't seen anything about the calls yet. Just wondering if the BFF or any quasi-insiders mentioned anything more than we know over here about the mystery calls/numbers. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member