OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After waiting so long...I can't believe I missed the news. Sadly, I agree, we will likely never know what happened to the Jamisons, may they rest in peace.

I would not rule out:

1. Hypothermia

2. Murder/suicide

3. A lightening strike.

1. I remember checking the weather. It got fairly cold the night they disappeared, with thunderstorms. They could have become lost, and drenched, suffered from from hypothermia. If there were snakes in the area, they might not have taken the dog. One of the adults could have been injured and they decided to spend the night.

2. It seems that one or both might have had psychological problems. There also could have been an argument where one was killed, unintentionally or in a fit of anger, and the other just couldn't go on. I would expect some forensic evidence of that.

3. There were storms in the area, and one could have taken them out.

The dog could be significant. Would a killer callous enough to kill a child be reluctant not to kill a potentially barking dog, who could attract people to the location?
Agree. I would add, IMO, murder can't really be ruled out though as of yet. I would put your theories higher though. I wonder if real answers will ever come out...since LE seems very uninterested.

There are just no words....so saddened. So sad that they don't have the COD, after all this time, but it really doesn't surprise me. Hole in the back of the head? Obviously wild animals don't go around putting holes in the back of people's heads.

I agree. The ME evidently did not find a bullet hole in the skulls or markings of a knife attack on the bones or clothing to indicate foul play. This case will not be investigated further due to the lack of evidence unless something comes up in the future.

What a joke...pretty sure if I or anyone found 3 skeletons on their land, of people (INCLUDING A CHILD) who have been missing for years, and one of the skulls is already known to have a hole in the back of it, foul play would be involved. How can this possibly be? Does not anyone in a higher up position see the craziness that has went on in this case!? Still wondering if there's a bigger picture here, and things are being kept quiet for a reason. I'm sorry to rant; but I'm mad!

What a joke...pretty sure if I or anyone found 3 skeletons on their land, of people (INCLUDING A CHILD) who have been missing for years, and one of the skulls is already known to have a hole in the back of it, foul play would be involved. How can this possibly be? Does not anyone in a higher up position see the craziness that has went on in this case!? Still wondering if there's a bigger picture here, and things are being kept quiet for a reason. I'm sorry to rant; but I'm mad!
My guess is that 1) there is no hole, and the person who reported it was mistaken about what they saw, or 2) there is a hole but it doesn't indicate foul play. For instance, lot of wild animals will chew on bones for calcium, even creatures like squirrels that aren't normally carnivorous.

I'm with you though, I'd certainly rather this be an ongoing investigation.

In the wilderness with the wild animal population, a skull can be rolled or moved and a hole made by that action. It doesn't mean a hole was foul play at all unless it was a bullet hole which is easily distinguished by the size and shape.

Just because people have been missing for an extended period of time or one of them is a child...there is no immediate rush to judgement of foul play either. In this particular case, the surrounding stories were bizarre and worthy of note. However, the stories and rumors were not proven to be instrumental in the demise of this family in any way.

But it's too easy to point fingers at "crazy" Sherilyn and say she murdered her husband and child and then killed herself, even though there's no proof of that either, and no weapon. Or that she had some kind of hysterical fit and took off into the woods, so Bobby had to stop the truck, unstrap Madyson from her carseat, and take off after her. And they somehow managed to catch up with her so they all died together "hopelessly lost" on the mountain, just a short walk from the road they had to cross to get to that spot.

It's all BS to me. I still believe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time that day, and someone is getting away with murder.

I've personally been of the belief that there wasn't foul play involved but I'm not ready or willing to rule it out. It's still very much a possibility and I think worthy of further investigation. They should be out there searching the area where the remains were found to see if there are any more - anything animals may have dragged away, graves, whatever. I truly hope they are not giving up this easily.

I"m mad too!!!

Agree. I would add, IMO, murder can't really be ruled out though as of yet. I would put your theories higher though. I wonder if real answers will ever come out...since LE seems very uninterested.

I definitely would not rule out murder, either.

Sadly, IMO, wasn't much done to find them when this first happened. Doubtful there will be anything more done now. They have skulls, a few bones, and a shoe. That's all I've seen reported as found. Not even their teeth. Not much to go on to figure this out. For whatever reason, their disappearance didn't alert anyone to look for them. It wasn't until the truck with the dog was reported that anything happened, and no doubt by that time, they were dead. BUT, why didn't they smell something??? Surely there should have been an odor of decomp!!

Sadly, IMO, wasn't much done to find them when this first happened. Doubtful there will be anything more done now. They have skulls, a few bones, and a shoe. That's all I've seen reported as found. Not even their teeth. Not much to go on to figure this out. For whatever reason, their disappearance didn't alert anyone to look for them. It wasn't until the truck with the dog was reported that anything happened, and no doubt by that time, they were dead. BUT, why didn't they smell something??? Surely there should have been an odor of decomp!!

I have to agree with you, 2Hope4. Even the SAR dogs should have smelled something!

I will always believe there is more to this story than oops they got lost or she was crazier than anyone knew and killed everyone. Unfortunately, I am sure this is pretty much the last information we will get and everyone will just forget about them :(

RIP Jamison family.

Is there any possibility that all three of the Jamison bodies were dumped at the spot where found long after having been murdered elsewhere (yet still well within the regional area)? Or they could've been victims closer to their vehicle and then transported by perps to another place where they were kept for awhile and then moved much later on to where their bodies were ultimately discovered by supposed hunters...? Could be why no one could find them for so long, even more specifically regarding the professional SaR and trained hounds/dogs.
Just thinking.

Sent via Tapatalk from my mobile.

RIP Jamison family.

Is there any possibility that all three of the Jamison bodies were dumped at the spot where found long after having been murdered elsewhere (yet still well within the regional area)? Or they could've been victims closer to their vehicle and then transported by perps to another place where they were kept for awhile and then moved much later on to where their bodies were ultimately discovered by supposed hunters...? Could be why no one could find them for so long, even more specifically regarding the professional SaR and trained hounds/dogs.
Just thinking.

Sent via Tapatalk from my mobile.
This has been discussed time and time again in earlier threads, and frankly, nothing in this case is impossible.

Has the ME released cause of death?

From what I understand, they were unable to come up with one due to decomp.

It's all BS to me. I still believe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time that day, and someone is getting away with murder.
Snipped
This has been my opinion from day 1. Sure hope it's not the case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper