OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone other than me finding it odd that the news has nothing about this, but the bodies were found "yesterday?" It does not make sense when the McStay news was in the media so quickly and surely journalists would be all over this by now? I do hope it is not a hoax.

You don't hear anything because it's Oklahoma. They are very hush, hush. They need time to back track!

Yes, I do. But if the bodies were indeed discovered yesterday - let's say late-ish - then sent to the ME, with Sunday being a slow news day everywhere but really slow in OK, in terms of reporters working....well, we shall see.

(Possible hoax-like aspects: rumor of body discovery on obscure yet case-specific blog at 5:49am time stamp today; then much later in day, FB page, allowing for a build-up of excitement - FB page could have been hacked possibly - but not thinking it has been. And also the incredible timing of this, just after McStays....)

In fact today is NOT a slow news day- 70 reports of tornados & strong storms in 26 states.

I have no idea if this news about this family is factual or not just pointing out there are obvious reasons why it wouldn't be breaking news today.

In fact today is NOT a slow news day- 70 reports of tornados & strong storms in 26 states.

I have no idea if this news about this family is factual or not just pointing out there are obvious reasons why it wouldn't be breaking news today.
It wouldn't break nationally anyway, at least not right away. As was pointed out, it got nowhere near the press the McStay case got. Here in OK however, it remains a slow Sunday - no tornadoes in-state for a change, so we do get to think of and hope for others now who face the winds.

Since nothing was stolen from the truck - could they have gotten lost in the area? Stepped out to stretch legs etc and walked around and never found their way back to the car. Although, in such a case they probably would've taken their dog with them.

Very mysterious.

Well, we're not going to get confirrmation until the family has been notified, and that sometimes causes a delay. Even with cell phones, people aren't always easy to contact. JMO.

IIRC, the Jamison's never did receive as much media/public attention as the McStays. Although they were featured on Disappeared like the McStays. I always felt that because the Jamison's may have appeared less "wholesome" or because there were some indications of mental illness the media and public were less enamored by them.

I do think it is big news anyways and would be reported… but maybe not the same type of frenzied reporting that we saw when the McStay's were discovered.

all JMO

I think what set them apart was the border video and the McStay vehicle being found near the border. Oh and that someone wrote a book about the McStays and had a blog about them. That kept them in the news. IMO Both families were featured on ID's Disappeared, that's where I first heard of the Jamison family.

Since nothing was stolen from the truck - could they have gotten lost in the area? Stepped out to stretch legs etc and walked around and never found their way back to the car. Although, in such a case they probably would've taken their dog with them.

Very mysterious.

I'm watching the "Disappeared" episode now. I never heard about them before. I can see why maybe they didn't get much coverage. Their preacher said they were haunted by 'spirits' that lurked on their roof. She had some very odd behavior and she had written hateful letters to her husband so LE thought she may have committed a murder/suicide.

Video surveillance from their home showed very strange behavior by both of them. He was disabled and suffered a lot of pain from a car accident. She was bi-polar. They had a boarder(live in handyman) that freaked them out and she chased him off the property by firing a warning shot in his direction.

Disappeared 02x10 - Paradise Lost - The Jamison family - YouTube

I can confirm that three sets of human remains have been recovered from Panola Mountain. I do not believe that LE has put any information out to the public yet. The OSBI and Latimer County Sheriff have contacted those close to the case.

I can confirm that three sets of human remains have been recovered from Panola Mountain. I do not believe that LE has put any information out to the public yet. The OSBI and Latimer County Sheriff have contacted those close to the case.
Great to see you, mtrooper. Thanks.

I am just glad that the friends and family have some sort of closure now.

Sounds like it will be on the 6 or 9pm local news tonight and they were notifying family members first. Reporters withholding for now. From the Find the Jamisons FB page. Take that for what it is worth.

Wow! If it is the J family...

This an incredible week for finding missing families approximately 1 week apart...

And who went missing in such a relatively close amount of time...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member