OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if there is a 3rd person there or not or if Bobby changed shirts quickly? In the first shots they show of the security camera footage you see a guy in a white shirt and then just a second or two later there is a guy in a green shirt?

I don't know, but one might be a tee shirt.

Another theory I have is what if as they were leaving they were stopped by someone who forced them into their vehicle and drove them to an area very secluded with rough terrain, forcing them to leave their coats, dog, and phones in their truck, in hopes of causing them to become lost and disoriented in the woods with no protection from the elements, and hoping they would succumb to the elements thus commiting what they thought would be the perfect murder as if this were the Case it would most likely not be ruled a homicide. Just a thought, because honestly idk what to think anymore.

Just looks like a body dump to me. They weren't too far from a road and just happen to be in the thickest timber in that small area. I believe I read they were chain smokers, that rules out dying of exposure IMO. Chain smokers keep those lighters close. Even though they are thick woods, they thin a lot in fall and visibility is higher than average. Average person walks 3.1 miles/hour, I think. They could have walked in circles but with water to the N and E, road to the West, and their truck south it is hard for me to believe they died of natural causes. Not all of them would succumb at the same time either. So would the other two just stay in the same place and die? The fact that they were found together is the biggest clue it was foul play on someone's part, IMO.

Those people back in the woods probably don't care too much about money, and actually may have told them to leave their wallets. Mrs. Jamison was probably the prize. She was fairly good looking and no telling how long some of those folks have seen a woman with all of her teeth.

Those people back in the woods probably don't care too much about money, and actually may have told them to leave their wallets. Mrs. Jamison was probably the prize. She was fairly good looking and no telling how long some of those folks have seen a woman with all of her teeth.

Stereotypes much?

Personally, I would be checking the guy out that saw them on the mountain. They asked directions and probably told him they would be back the next day. He would have all night to plan and scheme. He knew where they would be, they were "familiar" with him (he could get close to them without alarming them). Just some speculation. .. maybe we will know something soon.

Another theory I have is what if as they were leaving they were stopped by someone who forced them into their vehicle and drove them to an area very secluded with rough terrain, forcing them to leave their coats, dog, and phones in their truck, in hopes of causing them to become lost and disoriented in the woods with no protection from the elements, and hoping they would succumb to the elements thus commiting what they thought would be the perfect murder as if this were the Case it would most likely not be ruled a homicide. Just a thought, because honestly idk what to think anymore.

They were not that far away from a road, in all locations given for the body. Some of the locations are pretty far to drag a body, but, in daylight and good weather, they could have found their way out.

It is puzzling that they left their dog in the truck while they went for a hike unless the dog was one of those that tends to run off, or maybe they left it in the truck to keep people out of the truck and away from the cash.

SNIPPED MAJORLY BY ME!

Thanks mapman for the post! I wanted to address just this part. From my understanding, the dog was only a puppy, and appeared to be like a shitzu or similar breed. Fur could get burrs, or stickers in it, and the pup was probably tired as they had already been to one spot, and then left. So would have had to carry the puppy, and after a bit, even a few pounds feels heavy.

Just my opinion, but I truly believe they left the puppy in the truck so it could rest. The intended on coming back. Whatever happened to them, I'm not sure about, but I don't think they left the puppy to die.

Elainera - The attached map depicts an area around the location of the two sets of coordinates that Soul referred to. They are small yellow labels 1 & 2. You might notice that individuals sections of land are shown with dotted red lines for borders. Each of these squares is 1 mile by 1 mile. As you can see, the coordinates that Soul found are near the center of section 28. These two points are about 1/2 mile beyond the 2.7 mile ring which means that they are about 3.2 miles from the truck. It is possible that the 2.7 mile number reported by law enforcement is not precise, but I would have expected it to be closer.

I also included on the map the coordinates for the points where the road/trail intersects the 2.7 mile range ring at the two different locations.

Thank you Mapman! Well I would then believe that the alleged bodies are not bodies but probably stones, branches, plant material, etc.

It's certainly possible that someone else accessed his voice-mail assuming it wasn't password protected. Honestly, it's a 50/50 deal. Some won't bother with a password while others will. However, if the voice-mail was accessed from another phone, from what I remember, it wouldn't show up on a cell phone bill outside of the phone bill that the call was made from. People in a general area with cell phone service with AT&T would be calling the same voice-mail number from their cell phones to access any messages.

From what we've all seen, that phone was in use. The question is, who was using it. I only wish I had an answer. If the voice-mail was checked from a phone other than a cell phone, I would think the phone company would know the from number that accessed it, but I'm not totally certain about that. I hope that helps. :)

Thanks for explaining. Now I'm wondering who would have motive to want to try to access his voicemail and who that incoming call was on the 12th. It looks like whoever accessed the voicemail was interested in that call, because of the timing. It's strange that it happened on the 12th. What is mind blogging to me is why would the killer hang on to his phone until the 12th and then return it to the truck? The killer could have just thrown the phone into the woods. Does anyone know if they packed a tent or anything like that to camp out in? If they had camped out up there for a few days would anyone have noticed?

Thank you Mapman! Well I would then believe that the alleged bodies are not bodies but probably stones, branches, plant material, etc.

My opinion only but I don't think those are bodies. If you compare the size of what looks like bodies to something else like the size of the width of a road or the roof of a house, the "bodies" are too big to be bodies. I had found something else that looked like a dead animal but then realized it was too big.

In the video LE say several times it's quite easy to get lost up there, get bitten by snakes too. They also say the family had already been lost before and had asked for directions.

I'm leaning more and more towards getting lost. It was mentioned here that Bobby had back pain and wouldn't have been able to walk so far in that terrain but we don't know how long it took them to end up in the spot they eventually died. Maybe they wandered around for weeks.

What kind of wildlife is there, besides snakes?

In the video LE say several times it's quite easy to get lost up there, get bitten by snakes too. They also say the family had already been lost before and had asked for directions.

I'm leaning more and more towards getting lost. It was mentioned here that Bobby had back pain and wouldn't have been able to walk so far in that terrain but we don't know how long it took them to end up in the spot they eventually died. Maybe they wandered around for weeks.

So they all three stop and decide to die in the same place? When one died, I find it hard to believe the others just stayed there next to the corpse and died with him/her. They had water nearby, they were close to a road, and chain smokers have lighters to start signal fires. The only poisonous kill you within a day snake it the rattlesnake. Every other poisonous snake is far from that, I think moccasins are next but they are not in the woods per se, so that leaves you with copperheads. Copperheads can kill a small child, but very rarely will an adult die. Not sure what the weather was like that day/year but snakes would have been lethargic for the most part.

Not logical to think they lasted for more than 2 days IMO. If they lasted more than 2 days then they found water. If they found water they would have stayed real close to it.
I would imagine everyone out there has a 4x4. Look back at the map, a 4x4 could leave the road and pull up to the edge of the woods and only drag them a short distance. There are open areas all around where they were found. Why were they found in the heaviest cover?

At night, in a blinding rainstorm, yes. To be driven out there, let out in daylight, in clear weather, no. They may not know where they are going, but they would find a road, or some human activity.

As for animals, that is something I would like to see answered.

At night, in a blinding rainstorm, yes. To be driven out there, let out in daylight, in clear weather, no. They may not know where they are going, but they would find a road, or some human activity.

Funny that you say rainstorm. I just watched the video linked above, the Disappeared episode. In the comments underneath someone says they had heavy rains there in the days they disappeared. Don't know if that's true, maybe someone can find out? Is there a website that keeps track of the weather?

People talk about mountain lions but Wildlife Department says there aren't any or very few, besides that no other predatory animals that will challenge a group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee