OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually, there seems to be a distinct lack of cell towers on Panola Mountain. No AT&T, no Sprint, no T-Mobile, no Verizon:

There is a pretty large area where US Cellular is the only carrier that works. ATT and T-Mobile coverage kicks in a little bit south of Robber's Cave State Park and when you get to Highway 9 on the north side. I had ATT when I used to drive to Wilburton for school and I had no coverage for most of the trip.

Could you post the coordinates to the house your speaking of. I can't find it. Or maybe mark it on a map and link it? Thank you.

Look north of where the bodies were found. There is a pond right beside it and a little to the west of it an old building with tin roof.

I can't figure out how to mark it on Google Maps or get the coordinates. I'm stuck with the light version though because my OS isn't supported by the full version. Maybe someone else could mark it? I'm trying to figure out what the address is too because the road it's off of doesn't seem to be named. All roads with houses on them should be named for 911 service though.

Look north of where the bodies were found. There is a pond right beside it and a little to the west of it an old building with tin roof.

There have been a few different guesses as to where the remains were found. That may be why I am having a hard time locating it.

Screen_shot_2013_11_24_at_1_16_22_PM.png

Here is a screen shot of the house.

The coordinates for the house screen print from Liora are:

35.058435,-95.204565

McAlester, on Weatheruderground. The rain started after 7:00 PM 10/8 and basically stopped by the midmorning of 10/9. That 4+ inches was basically overnight. That is a lot of rain in so little time.
Yeah. I'm sure I've looked at this stat before but right now - just wow.

That's a gulleywasher of a rain, as perhaps we say 'round here.

An eyeopener. So much, so much, so much.

Is it me or is that legal pad with coordinates on it in pristine condition? I would think a dog left starving in a vehicle for a week would have chewed up the seats and clawed all over the windows but the photos of the truck interior don't seem to show any of this. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??? Seriously, I'm curious for feedback on this. To me it looks like a family that has gone into a WPP? They seemed very concerned for their safety-video cameras around the home, kept others at a distance, pulled child out of school, even told some they were going off the grid... And whadaya know -they did! Any thoughts on this theory of mine?

Is it me or is that legal pad with coordinates on it in pristine condition? I would think a dog left starving in a vehicle for a week would have chewed up the seats and clawed all over the windows but the photos of the truck interior don't seem to show any of this. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??? Seriously, I'm curious for feedback on this. To me it looks like a family that has gone into a WPP? They seemed very concerned for their safety-video cameras around the home, kept others at a distance, pulled child out of school, even told some they were going off the grid... And whadaya know -they did! Any thoughts on this theory of mine?
Good eye. There has been conjecture before about the state of the vehicle - pristine is a key adjective here - and about how long Maisie was there.

Thanks wfgodot for the feedback!! Sorry by pristine I just was alluding to how the photos I've seen didn't show anything being torn up by a starving dog and the note pad didn't appear to even be stepped on by the dog even once. The abandoned truck, the cash, the photo of the child at the location (maybe she was upset after finding out she wasn't going to see her friends anymore)all seem like big red herrings.

As far as the location site, there was a question as to whether it was in Haskell or Latimer County so it must be close to the county line. Are our map experts checking this out too? Was the distance from the truck to the site calculated by ground miles or bird miles? Heading down the side of the mountain/hill could use a lot of miles but not bird distance.

We had numerous discussions about Maisie, including experiments with posters' own dogs. There was something about the size of her being so small, possibly she couldn't even get up onto the seat to get into anything.

There was also talk about the odd date on the phone call. The truck was first investigated by LE on 10-17-09. I think the date they were last seen was 10-8-09 when someone passing by stopped and talked to them. It is intriguing to think that they may have just been exploring away from the truck when the person saw the empty truck and not missing at the time. If the rain was that heavy, what if they made it back to the truck and spent a night or two in it, going off each day to explore, and making footprints in the mud? Maybe their last call on the phone was on 10-12-09 and then they went missing? That sure could explain Maisie's survival, the phone record, and the footprints.

Thanks wfgodot for the feedback!! Sorry by pristine I just was alluding to how the photos I've seen didn't show anything being torn up by a starving dog and the note pad didn't appear to even be stepped on by the dog even once. The abandoned truck, the cash, the photo of the child at the location (maybe she was upset after finding out she wasn't going to see her friends anymore)all seem like big red herrings.

Could it have been in something? A tote bag or folder?

Watcher9-I believe I read it was measured in bird miles. I have a 13 yr old 5 pound Yorkie with very bad joints and he still has no problem jumping up onto the couch and when my husband has left one of his comic books on it and our Yorkie walks on top of the book there is a definite dent in it-this is why my WPP theory has become my "most likely" one.

J.J in Phila-You know I thought about that and you are so right that it could have been, but then I also thought that, that wouldn't explain why nothing seems to be torn up, clawed or chewed on by a starving dog.

Yes.

I want so much to believe what we've been told by authorities, that I've sort of "done under" my Okie sense of disbelief in what I've been told.

But.

But we could walk this back, of course. The evidently missing valise, evidently containing the other half of the insurance money? I do wonder what became of that - well, "evidently" that. And evidently that gun, too. And the county sheriff resigning almost eighteen months to the day later - a year and a half. Hm. As I've noted before, I live in a county where the first four sheriffs, during my tenure here, met, shall we say, inglorious ends, in terms of their serving out their terms in office. So just in general my trust in OK law enforcement is a wavery thing, lol. What do you guys think? Can we trust that the "facts" here are in fact the facts?

But we could walk this back, of course. The evidently missing valise, evidently containing the other half of the insurance money? I do wonder what became of that - well, "evidently" that. And evidently that gun, too. And the county sheriff resigning almost eighteen months to the day later - a year and a half. Hm. As I've noted before, I live in a county where the first four sheriffs, during my tenure here, met, shall we say, inglorious ends, in terms of their serving out their terms in office. So just in general my trust in OK law enforcement is a wavery thing, lol. What do you guys think? Can we trust that the "facts" here are in fact the facts?

IMHO-No, but I guess you knew that already!

I just got on today and apparently I have missed something. Are you thinking that there were 'no' remains found? Or that the remains found were not them. I am lost as usual. lol

I just got on today and apparently I have missed something. Are you thinking that there were 'no' remains found? Or that the remains found were not them. I am lost as usual. lol
Oh no - not doubting that remains - and theirs - were found. Just wondering what else was found with them - or not found. Sorry, being a bit opaque here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7