OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used this website
www.gpscoordinates.eu/convert-gps-coordinates.php
to convert the GPS coordinates in the video to standard latitude and longitude... coverts for me to the property where the well is located and the truck was found.... Starting point perhaps ?
I would like to find the coordinates that were on the phone... ?

Just learning here... :) I was able to go back and find the post with the coordinates the phone made the 101 minute call at 0809am - same location as the truck....

Wow, y'all were busy while I was off picking up the kiddo from school! Let me try to catch up, lol.

Okay, I'm confused about the keys left in the ignition. I skipped Threads #2 through #10 so maybe I missed something? I just read some older articles this morning and this one, dated Oct 23, 2009, says the opposite:

http://www.koco.com/FBI-Joins-Search-For-Missing-Family/-/9844716/10753368/-/7900hrz/-/index.html

If different info about the keys came out later, someone help me out, please!

los2188, a hollow (often pronounced holler, yes) would be roughly equivalent to a small valley.
This (possibly incorrect) info was in the 02 May 2010 Sunday Oklahoman article:
Inside the locked, four-door pickup with the keys in the ignition they found Bobby Jamison’s wallet, his wife’s purse, a cell phone, a GPS unit, clothing and $32,000 stuffed in a bank bag beneath the driver’s seat.
http://newsok.com/eufaula-familys-fate-remains-mystery/article/3458228

Wonder why they left the truck. Where were they going? Why didn't they take coats, it was cold. Did they get lost driving? Did the truck stall and they decided to walk and look for help. Was there a trail or something leading to their bodies to indicate how they got to the location they were found in? It took searchers a long time to find their truck, they must have really been in the deep woods.

I actually can answer some of these.

During the day, the temperature was in the high 70's low 80's. There was evidence of human activity along the road; walking or driving, they could get help.

I'm curious. What does it mean?

I really feel kind of hesitant to delve into this discussion and would like y'all to understand up front that I don't want to knock anyone's religious beliefs. I'm very firmly attached to my own and respect everyone else's right to believe whatever they choose, as long as the practice of their beliefs doesn't hurt anyone but themselves. And preferably not even themselves.

Okay, so the Vineyard Movement. It's not a bad thing in and of itself, but you know how people can take a thing and run with it? So you have Baptists and extreme Baptists, Mormons and extreme Mormons, etc, etc, and so on down the line. Just some examples, not knocking anybody. So here's a basic overview, Wikipedia version:

Association of Vineyard Churches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It describes the Vineyard Movement as "a neocharismatic evangelical Christian denomination... rooted in the charismatic renewal and historic evangelicalism. Instead of the mainstream charismatic label, however, the movement has preferred the term Empowered Evangelicals... to reflect their roots in traditional evangelicalism as opposed to classical Pentecostalism. Members also sometimes describe themselves as the "radical middle" between evangelicals and Pentecostals..."

And here's a non-Vineyarder's story of visiting a Vineyard church in 1995 and again six years later:

http://faithinconsistent.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/the-vineyard-will-deliver-you/

In 1995 the Vineyard Church in Kelowna, BC was really “rocking”. We attended a huge conference at that time and observed everything the manifestations movement had to offer: Shaking, quaking, stuck to the floor, animal noises, *advertiser censored*-a-doodle-doing, roaring, loud praying, prophesying, along with good teaching and occult teaching mixed together.

An apparently demon-possessed man that no one on the ministry team could handle, loudly mocked God, while the late “apostle” and founder of the movement, John Wimber chatted on, as if nothing was wrong! What a hodgepodge! What a noise level! Meetings went on and on for hours at a time, well into the night.

Obviously, having never visited the Jamisons' church, I cannot say how it compares. But there are extreme sects in just about every denomination, and Oklahoma has certainly been fertile ground for them.

My own upbringing was in a very prim and proper white-glove Presbyterian church but, as a teenager, I did occasionally visit a Pentecostal church with friends, and that place totally blew my young mind. It was just a very, very different style of worship than I was accustomed to.

Coming from the religious training I've had, if I heard someone talking about demons and spirits on the roof and whatnot and being perfectly serious about it, I'd be reaching for the phone to call a mental health hotline. But someone else, of a different background, might find such topics of conversation absolutely normal. And I'm thinking, to the Jamisons, that sort of conversation might have been completely ordinary, and not necessarily a sign of mental illness.

Apologies for any confusion with my post - am looking at maps upside down remember.

I typed my location request into google maps 35.006097,-95.200653 (location according to the Blackberry phone).

Google maps then took control of my request and changed it – note the difference +35°0'21.95", -95°12'2.35" This second GPS coordinate is the physical location of the truck.

I then requested get directions from +35°0'21.95", -95°12'2.35” (location of the truck) to 35.006097,-95.200653 (the original number I put in - ghosted in the phone) and the map connects the location of the truck with Smokestack Hollow.

Is this a gremlin in GPS technology? Probably. So my conspiracy theory goes out the window. Interesting coincidence though I have to say.

Traced the most direct route from one piece of land to the other, assuming these are the properties, or at least very near the properties, the Jamisons wanted to see on that trip:

eaf0aa2a-5a85-4140-be94-d38b3b38b043_zpsffdede2d.jpg

Actually, making a lot of assumptions here. If these are the two properties, I don't know in which order they planned to see them so I don't know their direction of travel, and I don't know if they ever made it to either place.

But the interesting thing that I see here is, if they were driving from the rectangular property on the right toward the property on the left, they might have ended up on the oil pad simply by missing a left-hand turn.

The GPS coordinates on the video were:

NE corner 35.00257040 -95.11514176
NW corner 35.00256570 -95.12072456
SW corner 35.00125817 -95.12071647
SE corner 35.00126190 -95.11513749

OMG....I had not heard till now that they were found. I have followed this case from the beginning, although never posted here about it. I need to catch up.

I had always felt they were in those woods. Mainly because there were not enough signs to convince me otherwise.

I know its hard to find people missing in the woods, but I am upset that they were not found during the very first searches. That is very upsetting to know they were there the whole time as I kept thinking. And once again, hunters pull through and find them. Boots on the ground.

I need to catch up and from what I read, it sounds like gun was involved. One horrible thought that I am not sure if it was brought up yet. Could it be possible they were truly lost and as the days wore on, and hunger set in, they had to use the only means they had to end their suffering. I hope that is not the case as it is horrible to consider that.

From all the early reports, I did not think they were going there to commit suicide so that was all I could come up with for now. Like I said, I have some catching up to do.

Prayers for them and especially the child who obviously did not want to leave the earth.
So very sad.

Traced the most direct route from one piece of land to the other, assuming these are the properties, or at least very near the properties, the Jamisons wanted to see on that trip:

eaf0aa2a-5a85-4140-be94-d38b3b38b043_zpsffdede2d.jpg

Actually, making a lot of assumptions here. If these are the two properties, I don't know in which order they planned to see them so I don't know their direction of travel, and I don't know if they ever made it to either place.

But the interesting thing that I see here is, if they were driving from the rectangular property on the right toward the property on the left, they might have ended up on the oil pad simply by missing a left-hand turn.

The GPS coordinates on the video were:

NE corner 35.00257040 -95.11514176
NW corner 35.00256570 -95.12072456
SW corner 35.00125817 -95.12071647
SE corner 35.00126190 -95.11513749

I read that they had seen one property the prior day. jmo

Apologies for any confusion with my post - am looking at maps upside down remember.

I typed my location request into google maps 35.006097,-95.200653 (location according to the Blackberry phone).

Google maps then took control of my request and changed it – note the difference +35°0'21.95", -95°12'2.35" This second GPS coordinate is the physical location of the truck.

I then requested get directions from +35°0'21.95", -95°12'2.35” (location of the truck) to 35.006097,-95.200653 (the original number I put in - ghosted in the phone) and the map connects the location of the truck with Smokestack Hollow.

Is this a gremlin in GPS technology? Probably. So my conspiracy theory goes out the window. Interesting coincidence though I have to say.

It gets weirder. I tried it and it put the gremlin coordinates off to the right, in the opposite direction from Smokestack Hollow. Tried it again on Google Earth and got the same result, about 4 miles to the east-northeast from the truck's location. I have no idea what it means.

I really feel kind of hesitant to delve into this discussion and would like y'all to understand up front that I don't want to knock anyone's religious beliefs. I'm very firmly attached to my own and respect everyone else's right to believe whatever they choose, as long as the practice of their beliefs doesn't hurt anyone but themselves. And preferably not even themselves.

Okay, so the Vineyard Movement. It's not a bad thing in and of itself, but you know how people can take a thing and run with it? So you have Baptists and extreme Baptists, Mormons and extreme Mormons, etc, etc, and so on down the line. Just some examples, not knocking anybody. So here's a basic overview, Wikipedia version:

It describes the Vineyard Movement as "a neocharismatic evangelical Christian denomination... rooted in the charismatic renewal and historic evangelicalism. Instead of the mainstream charismatic label, however, the movement has preferred the term Empowered Evangelicals... to reflect their roots in traditional evangelicalism as opposed to classical Pentecostalism. Members also sometimes describe themselves as the "radical middle" between evangelicals and Pentecostals..."

And here's a non-Vineyarder's story of visiting a Vineyard church in 1995 and again six years later:

http://faithinconsistent.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/the-vineyard-will-deliver-you/

Obviously, having never visited the Jamisons' church, I cannot say how it compares. But there are extreme sects in just about every denomination, and Oklahoma has certainly been fertile ground for them.

My own upbringing was in a very prim and proper white-glove Presbyterian church but, as a teenager, I did occasionally visit a Pentecostal church with friends, and that place totally blew my young mind. It was just a very, very different style of worship than I was accustomed to.

Coming from the religious training I've had, if I heard someone talking about demons and spirits on the roof and whatnot and being perfectly serious about it, I'd be reaching for the phone to call a mental health hotline. But someone else, of a different background, might find such topics of conversation absolutely normal. And I'm thinking, to the Jamisons, that sort of conversation might have been completely ordinary, and not necessarily a sign of mental illness.

This is a great post, and I too respect all religiouns and we dont have to delve into this subject at all, but just wanted to thank you for this great post.

Because at least for me, the bolded part I think explains an awful lot for me. It is very possible that their religious beliefs may have contributed to what some news stories portrayed of them.

No idea. Either Sheriff Beauchamp mispoke, or was misquoted, etc. etc.

FWIW the keys were not in the ignition. Sherilynn had a spare set in her purse. BOBBY'S set have not been located....well unless they were on his body. I haven't been privy to that information yet.

This is a great post, and I too respect all religiouns and we dont have to delve into this subject at all, but just wanted to thank you for this great post.

Because at least for me, the bolded part I think explains an awful lot for me. It is very possible that their religious beliefs may have contributed to what some news stories portrayed of them.

Hatfield, I'm so glad you're here! I've missed bouncing ideas off of you.

Thanks for this. I hoped I'd managed to say what I was trying to say adequately and without offending anyone. It can be such a tricky subject sometimes.

It would seen similar to Pentecostalist. Interesting.

I, however, could not find a "vinyard" or "vineyard" church in the area. No Vineyard Street, Avenue, Road, Boulevard, or Drive in Eufaula. There actually is a real vineyard there and a B & B that has a "Vineyard Suite."

It would seen similar to Pentecostalist. Interesting.

I, however, could not find a "vinyard" or "vineyard" church in the area. No Vineyard Street, Avenue, Road, Boulevard, or Drive in Eufaula. There actually is a real vineyard there and a B & B that has a "Vineyard Suite."

I believe the church they attended was in Muskogee. I could be wrong but, to the best of my recollection, I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

Hatfield, I'm so glad you're here! I've missed bouncing ideas off of you.

Thanks for this. I hoped I'd managed to say what I was trying to say adequately and without offending anyone. It can be such a tricky subject sometimes.

Thanks OkieGranny. I wish I had clicked on this breaking news sooner. I had no idea they were found. Ive been kind of following the McStays case a little bit and been busy with personal life stuff, so I dont get to come to WS too much lately. But will try to at least stop in when I can.

But this is good news they finally found them. Just wish it didnt end up like it did. The pictures of the child haunt me. I feel so bad for her. Heck, I feel badly for all of them.

I read a recent blog or FB about an annual devotion in OKC area that a nice lady was doing each year, and it brought tears to my eyes. I almost went to one of those OKC ceremonies, but it is a little too far of a drive for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97