OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, IRL things have kept me busy today and I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to throw this out there.

I watched the Disappeared video on YouTube this morning, and it struck me that it was the money in the truck that raised the question of some kind of "drug deal." Just that, and nothing else. At the time the money was found, LE didn't have any info about where that money came from and, with the meth problem so prevalent in that part of the state, it was an easy assumption to make, but evidence did not support that theory.

The Jamisons had many issues they were grappling with, but illicit drugs do not appear to be one of them. Family members and Sherilyn's friend NS deny that either Sherilyn or Bobby were involved in any such thing, there were no drugs and/or paraphernalia found in the house or the truck, no known association with druggie types, no history of rehab, and no arrests for drugs. There's just nothing that points to that possibility, other than a large amount of money found in the truck, and we know where that money came from.

I just really feel like the odds of their deaths being caused by any kind of involvement on their part with illicit drugs is very, very slim. Much more likely that they stumbled across someone else's involvement with illicit drugs and were killed to eliminate witnesses. I don't believe the Jamisons were out on that mountain to do a drug deal.

The 101-minute phone call was related to one of the properties they wanted to see. I was looking for some info in the older threads this morning and found an excellent breakdown of Bobby's phone activity posted by mtrooper on Thread #4, I think, or maybe #3, but it did include a description of that particular phone call. If no one else finds that post before I get back, I'll find it for you later and bring it forward.

OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3 - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Edited to add...here's the text of the post from 2010...

Bobby had gone with her as well. One of the church members spoke of both Sherilyn and Bobby, and was also supposed to go with them that day to see the property.

Unsure if that's going to properly show up...but it's a 2010 post from the inimitable mtrooper stating that a member or members of Sherilyns church were planning on going to look at the property with them....

If so, I wonder what changed their mind? Quite convenient...

Sent from my KFTHWI

Bolded by me...

Or did they (change their mind, that is)? Maybe they went up in a separate car......

I watched the Disappeared episode again and was interested in the location of the water tank the search dogs hit on. Does anyone know the location of that water tank in relation to where the bodies were found? Is this on any of the maps you all created and I missed it? If they were lost I'm thinking maybe they saw the tank from a distance and reached it, then tried to get their bearings from there but failed. TIA if anybody can help.

Haunts for Hope had posted this GPS cords for where the remain and marked it with an A .

If you move to the left to the creek and then travel south down the creek about ten meters , there appears to be something there.

I watched the Disappeared episode again and was interested in the location of the water tank the search dogs hit on. Does anyone know the location of that water tank in relation to where the bodies were found? Is this on any of the maps you all created and I missed it? If they were lost I'm thinking maybe they saw the tank from a distance and reached it, then tried to get their bearings from there but failed. TIA if anybody can help.

The water tower was at the land site they were looking at.

Snipped

The Jamisons had many issues they were grappling with, but illicit drugs do not appear to be one of them. Family members and Sherilyn's friend NS deny that either Sherilyn or Bobby were involved in any such thing, there were no drugs and/or paraphernalia found in the house or the truck, no known association with druggie types, no history of rehab, and no arrests for drugs. There's just nothing that points to that possibility, other than a large amount of money found in the truck, and we know where that money came from.

I agree that this wasn't drugs. There would have been evidence, aside from the money.

One think is that it is illegal to have that much cash, under federal regulations, except for a few specific circumstances. Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None of those would apply to the Jamisons.

Snipped

I agree that this wasn't drugs. There would have been evidence, aside from the money.

One think is that it is illegal to have that much cash, under federal regulations, except for a few specific circumstances. Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None of those would apply to the Jamisons.

I believe it is a form that places accepting cash have to fill out if it is over 5 g's ,( it used to be 10 gs )but it is not illegal for a person to have that much cash or even to pay in cash. They do try to make you fill out forms when traveling with it though.

You do not have to put your money into a bank if you dont want to.

Bolded by me...

Or did they (change their mind, that is)? Maybe they went up in a separate car......

Let me get back with you on that. I know I spoke with them, but I can't remember off the top of my head why they didn't go.

I believe it is a form that places accepting cash have to fill out if it is over 5 g's ,( it used to be 10 gs )but it is not illegal for a person to have that much cash or even to pay in cash. They do try to make you fill out forms when traveling with it though.

You do not have to put your money into a bank if you dont want to.

I think it can result in forfeiture, and there is a failure to report aspect. Forfeiture has a spotty history in court, but the government does succeed.

Oh, goodness, my memory was way off. Bobby's phone records were posted by mtrooper in Thread #7:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121549&page=2

On 10/7 there were multiple calls on Bobby's cell phone 18 to be exact.
9:18 AM, Bobby checked his voicemail,
9:19 AM Bobby called a number that I am unable to identify and spoke for 37 minutes
9:26 AM received a call waiting call at spoke with them for 31 minutes (I am thinking maybe a 3 way call?) *both were Eufaula area numbers.
2:41 PM Bobby checked his voice mail
12:42 PM Bobby called the church family and spoke for 11 min.
1:38 PM Bobby placed a call to the land owners that live out of state (2 minutes).
1:40 PM Bobby called they back again for 2 more minutes.
1:55 PM Bobby checked his voice mail.
1:56 PM Bobby checked his voicemail
1:58 PM Bobby called the mystery Eufaula number (1 min.)
1:59 PM Bobby called his voicemail
2:02 PM Bobby called back the mystery Eufaula number (1min.).
2:06 PM Bobby called back the land owners (1min.). The land owners then called him 2:07 PM Land owners called Bobby (3min.)
2:15 PM Land owners called Bobby (2min.).
2:16 PM Bobby appears to have tried to call the lady that lives on the mountain but misdialed? One of the numbers is not right, but all the rest are (1min.).
2:18 PM Bobby calls property owners (1 min.)
9:18 PM.Bobby called his voicemail

On 10/8-
8:09AM Bobby calls lady on mountain (101min.)

*it gets a bit weird here but I will do my best. So every time Bobby had dialed voice mail up until now the phone record shows VMAIL.

1:50 PM it looks like bobby dials voice mail )it has his number in the number called like all the other VMAIL calls, but instead of saying VMAIL it says BRISTO OK.

10/12. Same weirdness with the calls, they all look like he called to check his voicemail, but they are listed differently.
6:00PM BRISTO OK
8:00PM Incoming call
8:50PM incoming call
8:51PM BRISTO OK.

10/13-
5:27 PM incoming call.

And a subsequent post on the same page:

I am looking at the actual records that Starlet gave me from AT&T. Sherilyn had not been using her cell phone for a while. I will have to see the date, but it was like a week or two before they went missing IIRC. I will have to look at my bill and see if I have any calls to vmail that are listed with a city. I think the Blackberry has a direct dial to voicemail. I used to have one, but don't remember. I was not able to see the actual phone as LE gave it to star and Star gave it to CJ. Now we will never know. What is weird is that Bristow is like 95 miles from Red Oak. And in the wrong direction.

I thought the money came from law suit settlements from Bobby's car accident and I thought someone had also said some of the money was from disability backpay? I can't find the page it was posted on, sorry.

I thought the money came from law suit settlements from Bobby's car accident and I thought someone had also said some of the money was from disability backpay? I can't find the page it was posted on, sorry.

It may have, but having it in cash, in a truck, is odd.

When I was 18 (am close to 26 now)years old I recieved 85,000 from getting attacked by a neighbors dog (I love animals btw, dogs included.) When I was 11...I once had 18, 000 in cash on me for a couple weeks until I found the mobile home I wanted to purchase with the cash (had the double wide for 3 years but had to sell it. Long story short I blew a lot of it on horses, horse tack, horse board, lol...my passion. ..) so maybe it is odd to a lot of people, and dangerous, but people do sometimes keep large sums on them, eapecially when looking to buy a home or property, I did.

It may have, but having it in cash, in a truck, is odd.

Not if you don't trust banks and are worried about a break in.
You might carry it with you. Sounds totally crazy but it's happened before. :twocents:

Also, if they were going to look at property they might take the money with them.
My Dad takes the money with him to purchase whatever he is going to look at.
Maybe they thought they might be purchasing the property that day. :twocents:

Oh, goodness, my memory was way off. Bobby's phone records were posted by mtrooper in Thread #7:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121549&page=2
And a subsequent post on the same page:

Thanks for posting the phone records. This means he was still alive on the 12th or that someone else had his phone and used it to call his vm on the 12th, correct? Since the phone was in the truck is it possible someone else checked his voicemail from his phone to delete a message from the previous incoming call, or was the voicemail password protected? This makes me think foul play. I'm still reading back through the old pages so forgive me if this has been already answered.

OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3 - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Edited to add...here's the text of the post from 2010...

Bobby had gone with her as well. One of the church members spoke of both Sherilyn and Bobby, and was also supposed to go with them that day to see the property.

Unsure if that's going to properly show up...but it's a 2010 post from the inimitable mtrooper stating that a member or members of Sherilyns church were planning on going to look at the property with them....

If so, I wonder what changed their mind? Quite convenient...

From another post by mtrooper, on Thread #6:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119850&page=7

4-The church friends were actually the ones originally interested in buying property over by Red Oak (they have family over there). The Jamisons had been out with them before looking at property and then the Jamisons decided that they liked the area and they wanted to buy property as well. They were all supposed to go out and look at some property on Monday (but NOT the piece that they went missing from)... but the weather was bad so they had to reschedule. Then something came up and they were not able to go with the Jamisons... "

Earlier trip on Monday rained out, rescheduled, and then the friends backed out for some unknown reason. A common enough occurrence; life happens, plans change. Not necessarily sinister. It does sound like this is how the Jamisons came up with the idea of moving out there.

Thanks for posting the phone records. This means he was still alive on the 12th or that someone else had his phone and used it to call his vm on the 12th, correct? Since the phone was in the truck is it possible someone else checked his voicemail from his phone to delete a message from the previous incoming call, or was the voicemail password protected? This makes me think foul play. I'm still reading back through the old pages so forgive me if this has been already answered.

I didn't see anything on the phone records that made me think Bobby was still alive on the 12th. But I've never had a Blackberry, and don't understand why it would be necessary to make a phone call to check voicemail. Seems like a cumbersome procedure. On my phone, I just push a button and there it is.

It's possible that anyone who knew Bobby's number and maybe a password could call and check it. Hopefully one of our more tech-savvy sleuthers will come along and explain how this works.

ETA: Thank mtrooper for the phone records! She did the work, I just brought them forward for those of us who had never seen them before.

If they were in danger AND had their phone on the 12th like the phone records show then it is odd they never called for help, but called voicemail instead....this is beyond suspicious to me. Either they were alive and well on the 12th, if the phone records are correct, OR the person/s who harmed them made those calls.

I didn't see anything on the phone records that made me think Bobby was still alive on the 12th. But I've never had a Blackberry, and don't understand why it would be necessary to make a phone call to check voicemail. On my phone, I just push a button and there it is.

It's possible that anyone who knew Bobby's number and maybe a password could call and check it. Hopefully one of our more tech-savvy sleuthers will come along and explain how this works.

I'm no expert but when I had a blackberry with ATT it showed up that way if I called my own voicemail from my own phone when out of range. Calling to check voicemail from another phone would not show up as a call on my cell phone bill and did not use my minutes. I did that a lot to save minutes/money because I had to pay extra when I went over 300 minutes. So the way I see it is someone used his phone to check his voicemail on the 12th - basically meaning one of them was alive to use the phone or someone killed him and used his phone to check messages then left the phone in the truck. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I've been reading back through the old posts so I might find the answer back there eventually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97