OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were writing fiction based on this case, here's how I'd structure the elements, to simplify matters: a family decides to disappear. Completely. They have their reasons - family matters, perhaps, or threats which have been made against them.

To facilitate the disappearance, a member of the family pays x amount of dollars to officials, stipulating said payment purchases the following: that false information be given about the discovery of, and the contents of, their abandoned vehicle, e.g., that a large amount of money, a purse, a cell phone, and a family pet were found in the vehicle - when, in fact, one (or more) of these things was not found there at all.

By doing so, the family creates for themselves layers of protection: a vehicle offically undiscovered for more than a week, allowing for plenty of getaway time; a report of a significant amount of money in the vehicle - who would ever walk away from THAT kind of money? people would ask; and, further to befuddle onlookers, a dog discovered inside - thus causing all animal-lovers immediately to surmise that no one would ever voluntarily leave a beloved family pet behind.

I'm not saying AT ALL that this is what took place. What I am saying is, this would be a much more simple explanation than the ones currently on the table - Occam's Razor simple, in fact - for the mysterious vanishing: the family simply wanted to disappear, to leave it all behind; an amount of money changes hands and - hey presto, they have gone.

BBM. Too complicated to be an Occam's Razor.

BBM. Too complicated to be an Occam's Razor.

True, true. The Occam's-friendliest explanation, actually, is that they went for a walk and fell into an abandoned mineshaft, but that doesn't make for good fiction. Second would be murder-suicide. Third is a tie between vanishing entirely after paying off someone to lie about the circumstances, thus to create confusion and buy time, and running into human trouble on the mountain after stumbling upon something they weren't supposed to see, and being eliminated as a result.

So I have a new goal....Lets find this family before Madyson b-day on August 1st.

http://
madyson.jpg

came by for a quick peek. Thought i could handle it. But im in tears again. Please keep up the good work but i gotta step way back for awhile. I just cant stand not knowing. ThANK u all

niki

OK, now I officially feel like an @ss for putting that painting of Madyson up. I am so sorry Niki, keep your faith strong..

Mtrooper, I don't think the painting upset her, so much as the total lack of information and the frustration level of this case must be truly ripping at the people that care. I love the picture, and think it's nice you shared!

ok, now i officially feel like an @ss for putting that painting of madyson up. I am so sorry niki, keep your faith strong..

i promise, its not anything anyone has said or done. And u have given me soooo much hope. I just cant handle things right now. Its a combination of my personal life mixed with the fact that the things im going thru right now would have been something i turned to sherilyn for comfort on and shes not there. I cant do that. So its like a wake up call for me. I keep thinking that by august, we will all know something. Thats what my heart tells me.

Its just hard for me. I miss her.

But u keep up the good work. I appreciate u all.

okay, i know i said id stay away for a bit, but in a wierd way, i feel connected to her somehow when i come visit websleuths.

Sherilyn was a very intense woman. She loved just as hard as she fought. She played every bit as hard as she rested. She helped me to be a better me. One thing that she used to say alot that has stuck with me is, "at the end of the day, u better stand for something...... " and she did. Every day of her life.

That last day i spoke with her, she was hurting. She lashed out at me and told me that ive never been her friend. That devestated me. That day, i chose not to argue. I chose to end the conversation with out arguing that point. Without letting her know just how much she had meant to me all those years and just how much my life had been different in a good way because of her. I didnt tell her how much i appreciated her for just being her. Something she always had a hard time with. But i did. I loved her for just being her, faults and all.
I knew she needed to hear and believe those things. After all, they are true. But i recoiled in my own pain and swallowed it all with the tears. And i continue to try to swallow it all with my tears.

I miss her so much. She was the only sister who ever was a sister to me.

I am a longtime lurker following this case and have yet seen this theory. My initial reaction to the family's disappearance was that a pedophile was involved. Is it possible that someone (maybe a "mountain man") saw the Jamison family looking at land and wanted the daughter? It is my understanding that this area is pretty remote and a lot of people live undetected up in the mountains. It would not be hard to abduct the family, kill the parents and keep the kid for himself. No one would ever know if a mountain man was keeping the daughter for his use/pleasure. Just throwing this out there.

i am a longtime lurker following this case and have yet seen this theory. My initial reaction to the family's disappearance was that a pedophile was involved. Is it possible that someone (maybe a "mountain man") saw the jamison family looking at land and wanted the daughter? It is my understanding that this area is pretty remote and a lot of people live undetected up in the mountains. It would not be hard to abduct the family, kill the parents and keep the kid for himself. No one would ever know if a mountain man was keeping the daughter for his use/pleasure. Just throwing this out there.

i appreciate u posting a possibility that has not been put out there yet because ultimately, whatever it takes to find them......
However, i gotta say that i thought that u could have been a little more compassionate in the way u say it. Pedophilia is not nice no matter how u put it but when i think of sweet madyson, i dont want to imagine some "mountain man..... Using her for his pleasure".....
Im sure u understand.

You know how sometimes you get so involved with somthing that you forget some of the smaller stuff? I was just re-reading some of the posts, and I came up with some more things I need to find out....where exactly was this second piece of property that they were looking at, I think it was supposedly marked in the map in their truck? We have mentioned Sherilyns mom, but not really ever spoken of her father. Just throwing a few more things out there that I seemingly never seemed to think of before.

The lawsuit Bobby Jr. has against his father is still pending, as far as I know. Could another family member or even Bobby Jr.'s dad, have paid the family off, but they were to leave town and never come back?

It is still strange to me that no one ever found the money in the truck, until LE did.

Has LE been able to check and see if any money has been withdrawn from their bank accounts?

Has Socal Security stopped depositing money into their accounts?

There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered!

Would anyone object to having a psychic thread on this case?

Would anyone object to having a psychic thread on this case?

I think that's a very good idea, especially at this point. One thread in re: the Weleetka girls was called "A Psychic Perspective," and it was very interesting. Such a thread can also boost interest in a case and draw in newcomers who have not posted before.

There's been so much good work done here in traditional sleuthing - the wills and the legal aspect, the relatives, the circumstances of the disappearance - yet nothing appears to have led us closer to the whereabouts of the Jamisons. This is the point at which LE often listens to psychics, just because they're at a dead end and have left no other stone unturned.

I think it would be very interesting ... I've never really experienced more than seeing some stuff on TV and have an open mind. Heck, it can't hurt at this point as long as there is a healthy degree of skepticism.

I think I would have to ask one of the mods. first. Then, find some psychics.

I think I would have to ask one of the mods. first. Then, find some psychics.

It wouldn't have to be just people who self-identify as "psychic." It could incorporate dreams and visions, premonitions and forebodings, hunches and, well, feelings. Anything which wouldn't fit on this thread, basically.

Off-topic-ish McIntosh County/Eufaula Follies update:
“I’m an instructor and I own a gun shop, and every single day somebody asks me how former Sheriff Joe Hogan could have allowed his [convicted felon] wife to carry a gun, badge and wear a uniform,” Swink said.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_077003350.html

It wouldn't have to be just people who self-identify as "psychic." It could incorporate dreams and visions, premonitions and forebodings, hunches and, well, feelings. Anything which wouldn't fit on this thread, basically.

Off-topic-ish McIntosh County/Eufaula Follies update:
“I’m an instructor and I own a gun shop, and every single day somebody asks me how former Sheriff Joe Hogan could have allowed his [convicted felon] wife to carry a gun, badge and wear a uniform,” Swink said.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_077003350.html

Oh, by all means, wfgodot! Anything that could help us find the family.

I still go back to the Weleetka psychic thread just to see if anything i've learned fits in. It IS an interesting thread.

I PM'd one of the administrators to see if it would be ok. Just have to wait for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985