OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would be hiring someone to do an independent autopsy. Would be my first priority.

I can not believe it took 5 months and a letter to a US Senator. WOW!

Salem

IDK, I'm not understanding some things I'm reading.
They're saying the body was too decomposed to see anything yet they know she was dragged into the woods because of marks on her back; so I guess there was still skin there.

I also don't understand how her body can decompose so quick; I guess some would account for animals?

I agree with the independent autopsy. I found a post on Topix where her mom posted; I suggested it.

Body Found In LeFlore County - Sunday, May 10, 2009

Body found Friday, May 8th

***snip - Investigators could not identify the woman, according to Brown, who said the body is “too badly decomposed.”

.... snip - Brown said it is unknown how long the woman has been deceased, but said there was still flesh on the body. She said that hopefully medical examiners can determine when the woman died.

NJ.Com story - Oklahoma autopsy of former Roxbury woman inconclusive

October 01, 2009, 6:01PM

ROXBURY -- Jody Rilee-Wilson appears to have already been dead when she was dragged into the woods, according to the results of an autopsy on the former Roxbury resident.

The color and content of the abrasions on her leg and back told medical examiners that much.

Her body, however, was too decomposed to deduce much else, according to a report released today by the Oklahoma medical examiner’s office.

IDK, I'm not understanding some things I'm reading.
They're saying the body was too decomposed to see anything yet they know she was dragged into the woods because of marks on her back; so I guess there was still skin there.

I also don't understand how her body can decompose so quick; I guess some would account for animals?

I agree with the independent autopsy. I found a post on Topix where her mom posted; I suggested it.

Body Found In LeFlore County - Sunday, May 10, 2009

Body found Friday, May 8th

***snip - Investigators could not identify the woman, according to Brown, who said the body is “too badly decomposed.”

.... snip - Brown said it is unknown how long the woman has been deceased, but said there was still flesh on the body. She said that hopefully medical examiners can determine when the woman died.

NJ.Com story - Oklahoma autopsy of former Roxbury woman inconclusive

October 01, 2009, 6:01PM

ROXBURY -- Jody Rilee-Wilson appears to have already been dead when she was dragged into the woods, according to the results of an autopsy on the former Roxbury resident.

The color and content of the abrasions on her leg and back told medical examiners that much.

Her body, however, was too decomposed to deduce much else, according to a report released today by the Oklahoma medical examiner’s office.

Rose, I don't understand it either. I have read that the body dosen't start to get bad until 3 days after death. Also, the autopsy I posted above says her hair and scalp weren't attached to her body. I think if animals did that to her, it would be easy to tell.

Rose, I don't understand it either. I have read that the body dosen't start to get bad until 3 days after death. Also, the autopsy I posted above says her hair and scalp weren't attached to her body. I think if animals did that to her, it would be easy to tell.

Hate to say this..

When is the husband claiming to have last seen her?
I actually wonder how wrong his date is..

Hate to say this..

When is the husband claiming to have last seen her?
I actually wonder how wrong his date is..

He is saying the 5th of May. The day he and his family left for a funeral in New Mexico.

Body Found Friday May 8, 2009
She was reported missing Saturday May 9, 2009
Her car was found around Tuesday, June 9th from what I see in one of the links I posted below. Pig Out Palace in Henryetta, Okla

Last log in to myspace - Last Login: 5/5/2009
Parents last spoke to her on May 4.

Sorry if some of these links were already posted.
I'm putting them in one post to make it easier to reference since they were on another page.

Does anyone have articles with the husband?
I'm going to check the facebook group as time allows today.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-slaying-prompts-n.j.-letter/article/3403471#ixzz0UUNVKRSW

Facebook Group

Decomposed Body In LeFlore County Identified

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officials say the body is 23-year-old Jody Rilee Wilson of Wister. (snip) ...says her body was badly decomposed.

(snip) investigating this case as a suspicious death.

~snip~

Officers say the victim had been missing since last Tuesday evening.

Officials are searching for Wilson's vehicle. It is a pewter colored, 2002, Chevy S10 Blazer, 4 door with an Oklahoma license tag of DTG-409 with a CB antenna on top.

Roxbury official's daughter found dead in Oklahoma
~snip~

"It's a rural road," Curnutt said. "She was pretty close to the top of the mountain."

Rilee-Wilson lived with her husband and daughter in Wister, Okla., , approximately nine miles from the spot she was found, according to Wister police chief Larry Loomis.

"We're not familiar with how she got there," Loomis said. "The county sheriff's office is investigating this as a homicide."

~snip~

The Morris County Prosecutor's Office has assigned a member of its investigative staff to act as liaison with the Oklahoma authorities on behalf of Councilman Rilee and his family, in order to assist them with the investigation.

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/roxbury_officials_daughter_fou_1.html

Oklahoma slaying prompts N.J. letter - ~Snip~ Her car was found weeks later off Interstate 40 in Henryetta.

Video link - OK Medical Examiner's Office No Longer Accredited

Family Speaks About Daughter's Mysterious Death July 5, 2009
~Snip Wilson filed a missing persons report the Saturday he returned home, the day after Jody Wilson's body was discovered by a paraglider wrapped in trash bags.
~Snip~ since their daughter, Jody Wilson's body was found on top of Poteau Mountain in May.

.."We know somebody has to know something. Somebody put her on top of this mountain and somebody took her car and drove it 100 miles away," Wilson's father, Jim Rilee said.

Wilson's Chevy Trailblazer was found about a month after her body was found.

The vehicle was discovered setting in a parking lot in Henryetta Oklahoma.

Investigators believe it had been there for several weeks.

Slain Woman's SUV Found In Oklahoma - June 11, 2009

Jody Wilson's Chevrolet Blazer was located Tuesday in the parking lot of the Pig Out Palace in Henryetta, Okla. Investigators said the car had been in the lot between three and four weeks.

The restaurant is about 100 miles away from Runestone State Park, where Wilson, 23, was found dead last month.

Investigators are hopeful they will be able to check surveillance video to see who might have left the SUV behind.

Let's see . . . she was found (B) a little over 10 miles away from her home (A), but her car was found over 2 hours away (C) in the opposite direction, and just by coincidence along the route that her husband and his parents would take to get to New Mexico??? What?!

Map link

Quoting this as the story isn't available..
Jody told her mother that she might go to a funeral with her husband and his parents, Jim Rilee said. But her husband's family members said they left on May 5 without her, taking her then-three-month-old baby girl while she stayed home in Wister, Okla. Jody sent an e-mail to friends that night, Jim Rilee said, the last time any of her friends or family have said they heard from her.
-----------------------------

They had a baby girl, Annabelle, this past January.

"She was ecstatic to be a mom," Jim Rilee said. "She sent pictures on the cell phone constantly."
--------------------------------------------------

Law enforcement officials originally said only that he had gone to the funeral with his baby. But family members said last week that he was accompanied by his parents
---------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Donald Wilson, Bo's father, said the family left for the funeral on Tuesday evening, May 5. He did not comment further.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rilee said his wife was under the impression Jody was going to the funeral. He said he doesn't know why she didn't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rilee said his daughter lost her cell phone several days before, and their only means of communication was by e-mail. The Rilees worried as the week went on and their daughter didn't contact them, so they called her husband, who was in New Mexico. Rilee said Bo asked a friend to stop by the couple's house on Friday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bo got home on Saturday, May 9,

-------------------------------------------------------------------

She met Donald Lee Bocephus Wilson, known as Bo, a mechanic for a natural gas contractor, at a party and they were married last September. They had a baby girl, Annabelle, this past January

August 3, 2009

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...s-suspicious-death&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

What happened to Jody? - pics of her car.
~Snip - The body of Jody Nicole Rilee Wilson, 23, was found Friday, May 8, on the side of a road near the top of Poteau Mountain in LeFlore County, Oklahoma –near the Arkansas border. Jody, originally from New Jersey, was last seen alive on May 5. She had logged into her MySpace account on that day. That day was the same day that her husband, Donald Lee Bocephus Wilson, left with her three-month-old baby to attend a funeral in Clayton, New Mexico –almost 600 miles away. He would return to find his wife dead.

NJ Mayor Mourns Daughter After Suspicious Death
~Snip - Rilee-Wilson's parents say her husband reported her missing on May 9, after getting back from an out-of-state funeral. He had taken the baby with him.

Rilee-Wilson's parents say they last spoke to their daughter on May 4, the day before her husband left for his trip.

"Quite frankly, I don't recall if she was going to go or not – I thought she said she was," Stacey Rilee said.

The "too decomposed to identify" statement caught my eye as well. She was only dead for *allegedly* 3 days before she was found. Odd. So this is what wiki says about decomp:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition
Factors affecting decomposition
Further information: Environmental effects on forensic entomology

The rate and manner of decomposition in an animal body is strongly affected by a number of factors. In roughly descending degrees of importance, they are:

Temperature
The availability of oxygen

Prior embalming
Cause of death
Burial, and depth of burial
Access by scavengers
Trauma, including wounds and crushing blows
Humidity, or wetness
Rainfall

Body size and weight
Clothing
The surface on which the body rests
Foods/objects inside the specimen's digestive tract (bacon compared to lettuce)
The speed at which decomposition occurs varies greatly. Factors such as temperature, humidity, and the season of death all determine how fast a fresh body will skeletonize or mummify. A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): if all other factors are equal, then, when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.
The most important variable is a body's accessibility to insects, particularly flies. On the surface in tropical areas, invertebrates alone can easily reduce a fully fleshed corpse to clean bones in under two weeks. The skeleton itself is not permanent; acids in soils can reduce it to unrecognizable components. This is one reason given for the lack of human remains found in the wreckage of the Titanic, even in parts of the ship considered inaccessible to scavengers. Freshly skeletonized bone is often called "green" bone and has a characteristic greasy feel. Under certain conditions (normally cool, damp soil), bodies may undergo saponification and develop a waxy substance called adipocere, caused by the action of soil chemicals on the body's proteins and fats. The formation of adipocere slows decomposition by inhibiting the bacteria that cause putrefaction.

In extremely dry or cold conditions, the normal process of decomposition is halted—by either lack of moisture or temperature controls on bacterial and enzymatic action—causing the body to be preserved as a mummy. Frozen mummies commonly restart the decomposition process when thawed, whilst heat-desiccated mummies remain so unless exposed to moisture.

From Weather Underground -
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KRKR/2009/5/4/WeeklyHistory.html

For the week of May 4 thru May 9 for Heavener, OK:

Max: Avg: Min: Sum:
Temperature:
Max Temperature 84 °F 72 °F 60 °F
Mean Temperature 76 °F 66 °F 58 °F
Min Temperature 69 °F 59 °F 55 °F

Degree Days:
Heating Degree Days (base 65) 8 3 0 18
Cooling Degree Days (base 65) 10 3 0 23
Growing Degree Days (base 50) 26 16 8 113
Dew Point:
Dew Point 75 °F 61 °F 55 °F
Precipitation:
Precipitation 0.94 in 0.27 in 0.00 in 1.88 in
I can't get it to copy correctly, but if you go to weather underground and type in Heavener for May 4, 2009 it will give you detailed weather information for that week. It said that it rained all that week, rain, fog, thunderstorms etc. Total precipitation 1.88". She was laying on the ground, with a lot of moisture, bugs and perfect weather conditions for rapid decomposition. The only way it could have been faster is if it had been warmer. She must have been left face down or I would doubt that they would have been able to see the abrasions on her back with that amount of decomposition. I read a post here stating her scalp was detached. I did not read that in any of the documents, could someone point me to where that is stated? TIA.

Roxbury grad sought new life in Oklahoma
May 13, 2009

~Snip~
Jody Rilee-Wilson moved from her home in Roxbury to Oklahoma in December of 2007, hoping to make for herself a better life.

"I can't wait to leave New Jersey," she wrote on her MySpace blog. "I need to start new good memories with better people in my life."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure anyone should read more into this comment then what it probably is..
I live in NJ and was her age once (long ago - lol)
We all say the same thing.
I used to live in North Jersey - it's very congested up there; totally different way of life where I am in South Jersey now.

People can be back stabbing here. Also possible she had a bad relationship.

Does anyone know if she met the hubby online?

little726 - that myspace states he is 40 years old. That person would have been 9 years old when he had Bo! Not saying it isn't possible, just unlikely IMO.

Jerry Wilson, is Bo's brother. I have a court link for Bo's dad. I just have to find it. Sorry if there was some confusion.

The "too decomposed to identify" statement caught my eye as well. She was only dead for *allegedly* 3 days before she was found. Odd. So this is what wiki says about decomp:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition
Factors affecting decomposition
Further information: Environmental effects on forensic entomology

The rate and manner of decomposition in an animal body is strongly affected by a number of factors. In roughly descending degrees of importance, they are:

Temperature
The availability of oxygen

Prior embalming
Cause of death
Burial, and depth of burial
Access by scavengers
Trauma, including wounds and crushing blows
Humidity, or wetness
Rainfall

Body size and weight
Clothing
The surface on which the body rests
Foods/objects inside the specimen's digestive tract (bacon compared to lettuce)
The speed at which decomposition occurs varies greatly. Factors such as temperature, humidity, and the season of death all determine how fast a fresh body will skeletonize or mummify. A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): if all other factors are equal, then, when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.
The most important variable is a body's accessibility to insects, particularly flies. On the surface in tropical areas, invertebrates alone can easily reduce a fully fleshed corpse to clean bones in under two weeks. The skeleton itself is not permanent; acids in soils can reduce it to unrecognizable components. This is one reason given for the lack of human remains found in the wreckage of the Titanic, even in parts of the ship considered inaccessible to scavengers. Freshly skeletonized bone is often called "green" bone and has a characteristic greasy feel. Under certain conditions (normally cool, damp soil), bodies may undergo saponification and develop a waxy substance called adipocere, caused by the action of soil chemicals on the body's proteins and fats. The formation of adipocere slows decomposition by inhibiting the bacteria that cause putrefaction.

In extremely dry or cold conditions, the normal process of decomposition is halted—by either lack of moisture or temperature controls on bacterial and enzymatic action—causing the body to be preserved as a mummy. Frozen mummies commonly restart the decomposition process when thawed, whilst heat-desiccated mummies remain so unless exposed to moisture.

From Weather Underground -
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KRKR/2009/5/4/WeeklyHistory.html

For the week of May 4 thru May 9 for Heavener, OK:

Max: Avg: Min: Sum:
Temperature:
Max Temperature 84 °F 72 °F 60 °F
Mean Temperature 76 °F 66 °F 58 °F
Min Temperature 69 °F 59 °F 55 °F

Degree Days:
Heating Degree Days (base 65) 8 3 0 18
Cooling Degree Days (base 65) 10 3 0 23
Growing Degree Days (base 50) 26 16 8 113
Dew Point:
Dew Point 75 °F 61 °F 55 °F
Precipitation:
Precipitation 0.94 in 0.27 in 0.00 in 1.88 in
I can't get it to copy correctly, but if you go to weather underground and type in Heavener for May 4, 2009 it will give you detailed weather information for that week. It said that it rained all that week, rain, fog, thunderstorms etc. Total precipitation 1.88". She was laying on the ground, with a lot of moisture, bugs and perfect weather conditions for rapid decomposition. The only way it could have been faster is if it had been warmer. She must have been left face down or I would doubt that they would have been able to see the abrasions on her back with that amount of decomposition. I read a post here stating her scalp was detached. I did not read that in any of the documents, could someone point me to where that is stated? TIA.

Interesting article. Thank you for posting it!

So, the body can decompose twice as fast in the open air. Interesting.

From the link in mysticrose's post #56 (BBM):
http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-r...,3898244.story

Her body was found with a ring still on her right hand, $11.64 cents in cash in her jeans, and two receipts; one of them from a coffee cafe in Poteau.
and from little726 link in post #59:

The autopsy report indicates when Wilson’s body arrived at the medical examiner’s office, her blue jeans, which had $11.64 in the pockets, were around her knees, and her scalp with all her hair was not attached to the body.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/autopsy-doesn...7?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0UUuzyxmg
The Coffee Cup Gormet Coffee House
Myspace - www.myspace.com/_coffee_cup_
Location - 401 North Broadway
Poteau, Oklahoma 74953

Hours: Mon-Thur 7am-8pm
Fri-Sat 7am-9pm

Jerry Wilson, is Bo's brother. I have a court link for Bo's dad. I just have to find it. Sorry if there was some confusion.

No need to apologize for my stupidity!

WOW!

So, do we have any idea where this funeral was in New Mexico? Would be nice to look up the obit. in the paper, see what time and where it was....guessing it would be one of the Wilson relatives. :waitasec:

The link posted by little726 on Bo's court appearances mentioned a divorce in Las Cruces, NM in 2000...

I don't see how they don't think foul play is the cause.
Her pants were down and she was dragged to where she was found.
Had she committed suicide, she wouldn't have been found that way. :banghead:

I'm currently reading a post on Topix
Link
Someone posted this -
It is not "something simple" at all!!! No matter who done this, there is nothing simple about it. Now, it is VERY wierd for a dad to takea 3 month old baby out of state, apart from the mom, and to a funerl??? Come on already, the mom was a very good mommy and she lovesd baby so much, she would have never let baby go and her stay behind, what if she was breast feeding??? If you knew her then you would understand what Im talking bout. Also the dad I know as well and he is NOT the kind that would take a 3 month old baby out of state, apart from mommy, he always seemed to people around here that he wasn't so excited about even having a baby, hes a very lazy fellow, I just don't see him taking "road trip" with baby across the west, just himself and child!! NO WAY!!! How ironic as well that her car was found on the very road that he took to go to Mexico

From her friend Nicole in NJ -
Jody was an amazing person Linda. I should know I grew up with her. She was super over protective of me and my husband. She came to my baby shower and in her card she wrote if i needed anything she was only a plane ride away. She did NOT have "shady" friends. We all loved her, all her friends here in nj were like family. She ALWAYS made time for anyone no matter what time of day it was. And actually you do not bring a child to a funeral even if this funeral was down the street. Its just common courtesy. The family is grieving and children are a distraction.

Lnc: Jody was not working, she started doing avon a week prior to her disappearance but she would have been able to go to this funeral or stay home with the baby. At the last minute apparently she decided not to go...

I'm starting from the bottom on the facebook group.

One detail the medical examiner’s office was able to discern was that the 23-year-old Wister woman was likely already dead when she was dragged into the woods.
"It appears that the decedent was likely dragged to the area where the body was discovered and the nature of the documented injuries suggests that this likely happened in a postmortem setting,” the document stated.

Investigators say the autopsy report sheds no light on what has been a frustrating case.

"It still doesn’t tell us if it’s a homicide, or a suicide, an accidental or a natural death,” Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said. "We’re kind of left in a situation with nowhere to go. We’re still following leads as they come in, but not many are coming in.”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/autopsy-doesn...7?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0UV7HBJZH

Wilson’s badly decomposed body was found May 8 in a wooded area about 35 feet off a logging road on Poteau Mountain, about 10 miles from her home in Wister, according to the medical examiner’s report.
The autopsy report indicates when Wilson’s body arrived at the medical examiner’s office, her blue jeans, which had $11.64 in the pockets, were around her knees, and her scalp with all her hair was not attached to the body.

But that doesn’t necessarily mean there is reason to suspect she was raped or scalped, Brown said.
And the autopsy does not list the separated scalp as a documented injury.

"There could have been animal activity,” Brown said.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/autopsy-doesn...7?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0UV7TDfVH

Ok I'm sorry but the 2nd and 4th bold by me above have got to be some of the stupidest comments I have ever read !
If it is apparent the body had been drug to where it was found well HELLO !
If a animal had done this there would be some indication of bite marks etc...
I don't see where they said they actually found her hair and scalp ? Just said it was missing.
If I was these parents I would ask for a second opinion and look see. Something has not set right with me since I first read this case, and some one new needs to step in indepently.
And then to boot her vehicle was found like 100 mile away, I am shaking my head.
The situation with the husband bothers me a lot, especially that he took that newborn with him out of town and Jodi stayed behind , I am not buying it at least not right now.
What kind of murder scalps their victim ? I know alot of times when people murder they do keep something from their victims I think, especially in serial killers not certain of that though will have to look it up.
I am all for looking a little more into husbands family as they are his alibi.
Jodi's parents really need some one else looking into this as well like a PI that they had suggested.
I have found know more information on how the house was found ect...after they discovered her missing, or anymore info on what was found in her vehicle.
Info has been scarce for sure.

I don't see how they don't think foul play is the cause.
Her pants were down and she was dragged to where she was found.
Had she committed suicide, she wouldn't have been found that way. :banghead:

I think this has been posted already, but it bears repeating:

http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-medical-examiners-report-ok,0,193626.story

OK Medical Examiner's Office No Longer Accredited
National Association says in review that ME's office lacks funding, equipment and personnel to keep up with demand

July 6, 2009
According to a review from the National Medical Examiners Association, the state office is stuck using decades-old equipment and doesn't have the funding to hire enough staff to keep up with their demand; that's why the association did not renew the office's accreditation last week.

Rose, I agree about the scalping. The ME should be able to tell if it was cut off or bitten off.

There has been a lot of problems with the Oklahoma ME office. I read an article (will look for link) that said they are behind, by 1,000 bodies! My question is, where are they keeping everyone? That sure makes for a lot of ice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back