OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, mysticrose, I agree. Why hasn't the new hubby made a statement? I haven't found one thing directly attributed to him. I spent some time searching the Daily Record for the article they say the grandfather gave (Jerry Donald Wilson) but they are all pay articles. I think someone else already posted that. I've found 7 Wilsons in Clayton, NM but have been unable to find any obit. postings for that city during that date. Could they use a larger town for their newspaper? Any ideas?

So, now we know she wasn't wrapped in trash bags and the abrasions were post-mortem (if you can believe the M.E.). I still believe she was dragged by her hair after she was killed. She was brought to an out of the way gated road and carried 35' in.

THEORY: She went to meet someone for coffee, that meeting was discovered by an interested party, and she was killed because of it?

May 5 was a Tuesday. What do we have that places her still alive on Monday the 4th? Did she meet friends? Is the only thing we are going on is her MySpace log in on 5/5/9? Because I didn't see where she posted anything, and someone logging on to check up on her would also show up as a log in, correct? The Coffee Cup, which is where the receipt was from I'm guessing since I didn't find any other coffee places in Poteau, was linked up to MySpace.....I've also read she "lost" her cell phone several days before she disappeared and anyone wishing to reach her should call her husband. Does anyone else find that exceedingly odd? I know she met Bo at a party, but she was living in NJ at the time. Does anyone know if they communicated via the internet? :waitasec:

Rest in Peace Jody
http://www.poteaudailynews.com/content/view/141077/

Jody Nicole Rilee-Wilson
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
Jody Nicole Rilee-Wilson, 23, of Wister, passed away May 8, 2009.
She was born Aug. 8, 1985, in Elizabeth, N.J., to James Russell Rilee and Stacey Irene Stouch.
She married Donald “Bo” Wilson on Sept. 20, 2008, in Poteau. She was a homemaker and of the Christian Faith.
She is survived by her husband of the home; a daughter, Anna Belle Wilson, also of the home; her parents of New Jersey; numerous other family members, friends and loved ones.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at Grace Manor Memorial Chapel, with Bro. Jeff Little officiating. Interment will be Saturday in New Jersey. Grace Manor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
You may leave an online greeting to the family at www.gracemanorfh.com.

Yes, mysticrose, I agree. Why hasn't the new hubby made a statement? I haven't found one thing directly attributed to him. I spent some time searching the Daily Record for the article they say the grandfather gave (Jerry Donald Wilson) but they are all pay articles. I think someone else already posted that. I've found 7 Wilsons in Clayton, NM but have been unable to find any obit. postings for that city during that date. Could they use a larger town for their newspaper? Any ideas?

So, now we know she wasn't wrapped in trash bags and the abrasions were post-mortem (if you can believe the M.E.). I still believe she was dragged by her hair after she was killed. She was brought to an out of the way gated road and carried 35' in.

THEORY: She went to meet someone for coffee, that meeting was discovered by an interested party, and she was killed because of it?

May 5 was a Tuesday. What do we have that places her still alive on Monday the 4th? Did she meet friends? Is the only thing we are going on is her MySpace log in on 5/5/9? Because I didn't see where she posted anything, and someone logging on to check up on her would also show up as a log in, correct? The Coffee Cup, which is where the receipt was from I'm guessing since I didn't find any other coffee places in Poteau, was linked up to MySpace.....I've also read she "lost" her cell phone several days before she disappeared and anyone wishing to reach her should call her husband. Does anyone else find that exceedingly odd? I know she met Bo at a party, but she was living in NJ at the time. Does anyone know if they communicated via the internet? :waitasec:

I believe her parents spoke to her on the phone on the 4th, I'll try to find the link for that.
I have been reading here for the past 30 mins.
It is topix set up for Jodi. Alot of bickering going on that you have to wade through but seems to have info I have not seen before, like when BO went to Jodi's funeral in NJ he did not bring the baby ? OK...I don't get it you take the baby to NM for a funeral but not her own Mothers funeral ?:waitasec:
Anyway here is a link:

http://www.topix.com/city/wister-ok...e-county-murder/p30?threadid=SRCBO3MIA51PFD9L

ETA: and he apparentley deleted his my space account shortly after he got back from NM ....

mysticrose - I just read that her father stated she sent out emails to friends on the 4th. It was in one of the google search results, and I wouldn't click on the link to read the article.

Topix scares me, I've gotten viruses from there before. Plus, the posters usually make me feel like I need to go apologize to someone, or go take a bath - :yow: I'll wait for your report.

There seems to be some interest for whatever reason in a couple who owned "The Bar" in Potuea, seems Jodi was good friends with them and they sold the bar shortly after she went missing. Take it as you will as I have no link to this info just being discussed on topix.

Jun 15, 2009 7:58 pm US/Eastern
NJ Mayor Mourns Daughter After Suspicious Death

ROXBURY, N.J. (CBS) ― Click to enlarge1 of 1
23-year-old Jody Rilee-Wilson, who grew up in New Jersey, was found dead on May 8. Her badly decomposed body was discovered in an Oklahoma state park, about 10 miles from where she lived with her husband and five-month-old baby.

There's terrible heartbreak for a New Jersey family after the daughter of the deputy mayor of Roxbury was found dead outside of Wister, Oklahoma. Authorities suspect foul play.

Now, the victim's family is reaching out to the nation, asking them to help solve the case.

"She was the most important thing in our lives, and we want this person brought to justice," Jim Rilee, the victim's father and Roxbury Deputy Mayor, said.

Their 23-year-old daughter, Jody Rilee-Wilson, who grew up in New Jersey, was found dead on May 8. Her badly decomposed body was discovered in an Oklahoma state park, about 10 miles from where she lived with her husband and five-month-old baby.

"She loved her daughter so much," mother Stacey Riley said. "It breaks my heart Jody won't be able to see Annabelle grow up."

The Roxbury native's death has been ruled suspicious, but local cops say they're still not sure how she was killed.

Rilee-Wilson's parents say her husband reported her missing on May 9, after getting back from an out-of-state funeral. He had taken the baby with him.

Rilee-Wilson's parents say they last spoke to their daughter on May 4, the day before her husband left for his trip.

"Quite frankly, I don't recall if she was going to go or not – I thought she said she was," Stacey Rilee said.

Now desperate for answers, they're going national, reaching out to several states for help.

Rilee-Wilson's SUV has been recovered. Now, investigators are waiting for fingerprint records from when Rilee-Wilson was a child, so they can isolate other prints on the vehicle.

"Right now, we feel there has to be more information out there," Jim Rilee said. "Someone must have seen something

http://wcbstv.com/local/nj.mayor.daughter.2.1045599.html

Here is the post by Mysticrose, where Jody's mom talked to her on the 4th.

I had also read it was a rumor that Jody was wrapped in plastic bags. But, I also remember reading the paraglider said he spotted the plastic bags.

I just don't know! This murder happened in Oklahoma, so anything is possible.

Thought I would post this article, have not seen it befor.

No progress in Oklahoma
Autopsy reveals not much at all

October 3, 2009

Unfortunately, the tragic case of Jody Rilee-Wilson continues with no progress.
The decomposed body of the 23-year-old woman was found in a state park in Oklahoma in May. She was the daughter of Roxbury Township Councilman Jim Rilee.

Oklahoma authorities, who had said they were treating the death as a homicide, this week released an autopsy report that said the cause of death could not be determined. The report said the woman's body apparently was dragged, but any injuries related to her death may have been masked by the body's decomposition.

A more troubling aspect of this case were comments from a spokesperson from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, who said the bureau has assigned only one person to this case and that it is awaiting further developments.

"We don't have any other leads to pursue at this time," the spokesperson told the Daily Record. "We're going where the leads take us, so we're doing our job. If we get an influx of leads, we'd put more people on the case."

We don't pretend to be criminal investigators. Still, the comment suggests that authorities are awaiting new leads before fully committing resources to the case. What happens if there are no new leads? The status quo?

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200991002016

Jodi Rilee-Wilson's body was not wrapped in trash bags as has been reported. Her parents believe whoever hid her body knows the area well

What I don't get.. the trash bags came from the para-glider. I'm sure he saw the body well enough to see if there were bags or not. My guess is she may not have been "wrapped" in the bags, but I believe there may have been bags there.

The para-glider said this in the video I linked to.

I spent some time searching the Daily Record for the article they say the grandfather gave (Jerry Donald Wilson) but they are all pay articles.

It's my opinion that we might want to try directly copying as much of an article as we can as most of the links I'm finding are dead due to them being pay articles now.

May 5 was a Tuesday. What do we have that places her still alive on Monday the 4th? Did she meet friends? Is the only thing we are going on is her MySpace log in on 5/5/9?

Go back and read my one post, I listed the dates known from her facebook group. Parents spoke to her on the 4th. I agree the myspace log in is iffy. Her hubby could have done that, and yes it would just show that she was logged in. I don't know if there was activity, if she commented on anyone's page but that also could have been her hubby or whoever.

I guess I should not say her hubby.. there is no proof it is him; but he would be the obvious choice.

I've also read she "lost" her cell phone several days before she disappeared and anyone wishing to reach her should call her husband. Does anyone else find that exceedingly odd? I know she met Bo at a party, but she was living in NJ at the time. Does anyone know if they communicated via the internet?

Yes, correct, she lost her cell. From what I understood of her parents video interview I linked to, they spoke to her on the phone, not online.

No, I don't find it odd that she wasn't concerned about replacing her cell.
My hubby's been home due to illness; he doesn't even have his cell on.
I have friends their age (Jody) and one couple the wife doesn't have a cell all the time due to how high the bill is. Also another couple, the hubby runs out of minutes. They don't have a plan - just pay as you go.

Have we been able to determine an exact location of where her body was found?
It was found on private property behind a gate...hmmm
If i knew the location I could at least see who owns the property and see if there may be any connection to anybody known to the family...Just a thought !

Dont know if this was posted it was her Obit in the paper:
Jody Nicole Rilee-Wilson
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
Jody Nicole Rilee-Wilson, 23, of Wister, passed away May 8, 2009.
She was born Aug. 8, 1985, in Elizabeth, N.J., to James Russell Rilee and Stacey Irene Stouch.
She married Donald “Bo” Wilson on Sept. 20, 2008, in Poteau. She was a homemaker and of the Christian Faith.
She is survived by her husband of the home; a daughter, Anna Belle Wilson, also of the home; her parents of New Jersey; numerous other family members, friends and loved ones.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at Grace Manor Memorial Chapel, with Bro. Jeff Little officiating. Interment will be Saturday in New Jersey. Grace Manor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
You may leave an online greeting to the family at www.gracemanorfh.com

http://www.poteaudailynews.com/content/view/141077/31/

What I don't get.. the trash bags came from the para-glider. I'm sure he saw the body well enough to see if there were bags or not. My guess is she may not have been "wrapped" in the bags, but I believe there may have been bags there.

The para-glider said this in the video I linked to.

It's my opinion that we might want to try directly copying as much of an article as we can as most of the links I'm finding are dead due to them being pay articles now.

Go back and read my one post, I listed the dates known from her facebook group. Parents spoke to her on the 4th. I agree the myspace log in is iffy. Her hubby could have done that, and yes it would just show that she was logged in. I don't know if there was activity, if she commented on anyone's page but that also could have been her hubby or whoever.

I guess I should not say her hubby.. there is no proof it is him; but he would be the obvious choice.

Yes, correct, she lost her cell. From what I understood of her parents video interview I linked to, they spoke to her on the phone, not online.

No, I don't find it odd that she wasn't concerned about replacing her cell.
My hubby's been home due to illness; he doesn't even have his cell on.
I have friends their age (Jody) and one couple the wife doesn't have a cell all the time due to how high the bill is. Also another couple, the hubby runs out of minutes. They don't have a plan - just pay as you go.

Roselvr -Unsure about the bag thing. The article I linked was stating Stacey was very upset that that erroneous information was out there. I don't know what to believe, but I tend to believe Jody's mom.

I went back and read your post. One question - your post states she was reported missing on TUESDAY May 8, which would be a Friday. I am assuming that was a typo or did I just read that wrong? Do you know what day she was reported missing and who reported it??

My statement about the cell is only that it seems very convenient that she lost it at that time, and to contact her you have to call the husband...I don't own a cell myself, waste of money, but from what I've read she loved to send pictures of the baby with her cell phone. Isolation....

Also, what is protocol on copying whole articles? I've been in the hot seat with mod's before for copyright violation. Don't want to be banned, KWIM?

If i knew the location I could at least see who owns the property and see if there may be any connection to anybody known to the family...Just a thought !

mysticrose - I am under the impression that she was found on County Rd. E1460, which is the road running into Runestone State Park. It is the only road I see on google that goes through the park, and the park is right at the base of Poteau Mountain. Looks like those roads go all the way up Poteau...

Yes, if you have the same view as me, I have 3 pages of posts, I made a few posts on page 2; think I also reposted a google map link.

I have her NJ obituary up. Give me a few to post it.
Gonna copy a few other things in

Roselvr -Unsure about the bag thing. The article I linked was stating Stacey was very upset that that erroneous information was out there. I don't know what to believe, but I tend to believe Jody's mom.

See, the way I feel, it came from the gliders mouth and I tend to believe him.
I don't know if she was wrapped in a bag but I do believe a bag was there

I went back and read your post. One question - your post states she was reported missing on TUESDAY May 8, which would be a Friday. I am assuming that was a typo or did I just read that wrong? Do you know what day she was reported missing and who reported it??

No, it's a typo, sorry. I've reported the post, asked a mod to please change it to reflect the correct information.
It's Saturday May 9th, her husband reported her missing when he got home & found the family pet was not fed.

My statement about the cell is only that it seems very convenient that she lost it at that time, and to contact her you have to call the husband...I don't own a cell myself, waste of money, but from what I've read she loved to send pictures of the baby with her cell phone. Isolation....

You could be right.
Their finances were bad that much I can see. They lived in a trailer park, don't know if it was rented or if they owned it.
I see that she was struggling to survive out there; her parents were begging her to come home but she stayed.
She was a pharmacy tech; not pharmacist.

Also, what is protocol on copying whole articles? I've been in the hot seat with mod's before for copyright violation. Don't want to be banned, KWIM?...

Yeah, Maybe if we can save them to our hard drives for later use?

Another interesting comment about a lady that manages the park where Jodi was found, this would be post # 432 please note that this is not confirmed just a comment left for others to read on how tha park works :

The lady that manages the park where Jody was found has to be a State employee. It is highly ILLEGAL to give anyone permission to unlock the gates unless it is law enforcement or a State employee. If the Tourism Department found out that she had given someone permission to unlock the gates, then she could be fired for doing so.

http://www.topix.com/city/wister-ok...e-county-murder/p20?threadid=SRCBO3MIA51PFD9L

Her NJ Obituary at the funeral home
Tuttle Funeral Home -
Jody N. Rilee-Wilson

Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:00 AM

JODY N. RILEE-WILSON AGE: 23 FORMERLY OF ROXBURY Jody N. Rilee-Wilson, 23, passed away last week in Leflore County, OK. She was a homemaker and had lived in Wister, OK since 2008. Jody was born in Elizabeth, NJ and grew up in Roxbury Township where she graduated Roxbury High School in 2004. She was an active member of the High School Marching Band. Jody is survived by her husband, Donald Wilson; a daughter, Annabelle; her parents, James and Stacey Rilee of Succasunna, and many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held Friday, May 15, at the Tuttle Funeral Home, 272 State Route 10 West, Randolph, NJ (www.tuttlefh.com) from 6 to 9 p.m. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday, May 16, at 10 a.m.. Interment will follow at Restland Memorial Park, East Hanover.

Didn't I read she was unemployed? Started selling Avon the week before? Some of the videos state she *wanted to be* a nurse. Am I missing something?

When she left NJ for Oklahoma she was a pharmacy tech.

From what I'm reading, she wasn't happy with her job as a pharmacy tech. She felt she could make more money as a pharmacist but that would take more money/schooling. She couldn't afford more schooling; looks like she had loans to pay off. She said the pay was also less in Oklahoma then in NJ - which I'm sure is true. She felt she'd never pay her loans off. This was before meeting her husband.

I'd imagine she stopped working when she had her baby and then took up selling Avon; which could be a pretty decent pay as long as you have customers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back