Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they haven't made positive identification yet, I can't think of any reason other than...

I hope it's not due to extreme circumstances. I assume they are just being thorough and using DNA to formally identify them.

I'm glad they're not going by clothing, tattoos, etc. It's just not professional and thorough enough, IMO.

I recall a case where two teenage girls were in a car accident, and both had blonde hair, etc. They misidentified which girl survived and was on life support versus which didn't, and even the parents didn't realize at first that the girl in the hospital wasn't their daughter. So incredibly tragic.

I understand it's different when you're thinking there are good visual identifiers like tattoos, but sometimes people have similar tattoos or go get the same ones together. Also even if the families "know," having the DNA results would be important for feeling 100% certain.
All JMO.

I am not talking about the child trailers. They are light so no dispute there. But lugging the other types of heavier trailers is what I mean. Yes it was 2 salvage yards not three my bad. But still lugging those trailers with the parts to 2 yards then back home its going to be lugging not an easy bike stroll. It may not seem plausable but it can happen unless otherwise said by LE I have no reason to see these 4 men but anything than victims as statements given by thier families suggest. We often think that in a male murder victim he can look after himself so its ok for him to be out on a secluded rural road with nothing around. But its not so simple look at what happened to the family of four in California that were kidnapped at gunpoint. See we are shocked that two men were kidnapped at gunpoint regardless of motive as in their case. So why can't the same apply to these four men. We haven't heard anything untoward about these four men. IMO I don't think they were anywhere near the salvage yards when what happened to them happened. They were on a rural road (minding their own business) with nothing around as I said earlier so anything is possible.
I don't think they'd be lugging the heavy trailer loads back home. I think they planned to sell the scrap metal at the salvage yard and would have an empty trailer to ride back home with. JMO

I don't think they'd be lugging the heavy trailer loads back home. I think they planned to sell the scrap metal at the salvage yard and would have an empty trailer to ride back home with. JMO
The thing with that is though there are only two slavage yards. Where would they get the scrap metal from? Plus the yards were closed. If they got from one then they would have to take it to the other. Unless they are going to go far away and take the srap there. I just don't hink this would be.

Well, first of all the trailers could be for children to sit in.
I am not talking about the child trailers.
You literally were talking about child trailers.

It doesn't matter, any trailer meant for a bike can be loaded and pulled by a grown man. I'm sure they had enough sense to figure out how much weight they could pull on 1.3 miles of flat road.

They did not go to 2 yards, they only went to the one close to home, not the one 6 miles away. I don't believe they would ever set out to ride and tow trailers 6 miles, 12 round trip, on a rural highway at night.
I can't picture men out to socialize and ride bikes at night, pulling trailers. MOO

Just a minute, why are we talking about bikes? The wife said she thought they were on their bikes, right? But Mark's car was found at the salvage yard. Wouldn't it be more likely that they were all in the car? What proof is there that they rode bikes that night. Had anyone come forward saying their bikes are in fact missing? Unless they rode their bikes there and Mark rode back home to get his car? Then wouldn't his bike be at home?
The car thing is odd.

Just a minute, why are we talking about bikes? The wife said she thought they were on their bikes, right? But Mark's car was found at the salvage yard. Wouldn't it be more likely that they were all in the car? What proof is there that they rode bikes that night. Had anyone come forward saying their bikes are in fact missing? Unless they rode their bikes there and Mark rode back home to get his car? Then wouldn't his bike be at home?
The car thing is odd.
I've assumed bikes based on the sheriff's or chief's press conference. I'm unsure of how the information was obtained but that was how he stated they left the house.

You literally were talking about child trailers.

It doesn't matter, any trailer meant for a bike can be loaded and pulled by a grown man. I'm sure they had enough sense to figure out how much weight they could pull on 1.3 miles of flat road.

They did not go to 2 yards, they only went to the one close to home, not the one 6 miles away. I don't believe they would ever set out to ride and tow trailers 6 miles, 12 round trip, on a rural highway at night.
I can't picture men out to socialize and ride bikes at night, pulling trailers. MOO
Here we are talking child trailers they are light so as they have families I don't see why not. The road at the salvage yard is not a highway it is a road. 8PM is not late for a bike ride. If the phone pinged more than one place than why not the second yard? And if that is considered then lugging the heavier trailers would be tiring if they went more than one place as the phone pinged at multiple places. So this is the point I'm trying to make. It doesn't make sense is what I'm thinking. The only thing that makes sense to me is they were just socializing at 8pm but on a secluded rural road and didn't realize what was about to happen and we don't know what happened to them so we can't say for sure. It really is not making sense especially if the phone pings are considered IMO.

The car thing is odd.
Apparently, I haven't seen it but the car was parked in a normal location and isn't considered suspicious. Somone had posted that earlier.

The road at the salvage yard is not a highway it is a road.
It seems you do not accept that Mark Chastain's phone left the Okmulgee yard and went to a gas station, where none of the victims are seen on the video. The phone appears to go to the 2nd yard, NOT the victims. At least not alive or riding bikes. The phone was shut off while at the 2nd yard.

The location of the 2nd yard mentioned is on HWY 62 it is a 4-lane road, a highway. Nothing out there, I imagine it is very dark. The phone says they were at the Okmulgee salvage yard for several hours. It is not probable that they rode 6 miles, 12 round trip, to that 2nd yard in the middle of the night, upon leaving the Okmulgee yard.MOO
I think I write clearly so I ask those reading to take the time to sort out the timeline out.

I am not talking about the child trailers. They are light so no dispute there. But lugging the other types of heavier trailers is what I mean. Yes it was 2 salvage yards not three my bad. But still lugging those trailers with the parts to 2 yards then back home its going to be lugging not an easy bike stroll. It may not seem plausable but it can happen unless otherwise said by LE I have no reason to see these 4 men but anything than victims as statements given by thier families suggest. We often think that in a male murder victim he can look after himself so its ok for him to be out on a secluded rural road with nothing around. But its not so simple look at what happened to the family of four in California that were kidnapped at gunpoint. See we are shocked that two men were kidnapped at gunpoint regardless of motive as in their case. So why can't the same apply to these four men. We haven't heard anything untoward about these four men. IMO I don't think they were anywhere near the salvage yards when what happened to them happened. They were on a rural road (minding their own business) with nothing around as I said earlier so anything is possible.
I don't think many people bike at night in the dark on a rural road. It's unusual IMO.

I hope this isn't like the Jamison Family out of OK. Jamison family deaths - Wikipedia
After they were discovered, it took them 8 months to ID their bodies. Everyone knew it was the Jamison Family. (Found 3 miles from their vehicle) Oklahoma was super-slow due to lab backlogs. They never determined cause of death.
The bodies of the Jamison family were not found for 4 years after their disappearance. There is no comparison with this case.

The bodies of the Jamison family were not found for 4 years after their disappearance. There is no comparison with this case.

Well... that was one disgusting and painful read. Starting the morning, reading this story can make anyone depressed.

But thanks !! Never knew anything about the case.

How rural is the route between the home and the first salvage yard the phones were at? Rural enough for something to happen on the road if they crossed paths with the wrong people without any witnesses driving by?

It would take at least a couple minutes to load up 4 grown men and 4 bikes.

Or is the road busy enough it’s likely they did get to the first salvage yard since no one has reported seeing anything, that we know of, on the road?

It would seem that the bodies not being able to be ID’d that they must not have had wallets or any identifiable clothes/shoes. Seems odd that one of the spouses hasn’t been able to ID one.

Jmo

It would seem that the bodies not being able to be ID’d that they must not have had wallets or any identifiable clothes/shoes. Seems odd that one of the spouses hasn’t been able to ID one.

Jmo
We don’t know that they are unable to ID them. All we know is that formal identification has not been released to the public.

JMO

Maybe the auto salvage place removed the CATs, so thinking of other auto parts, they could have been working on cars at their houses. Just remembered, my brothers called this shopping at "Midnight AutoSupply".
Wow, I think you are on to something.

The possible motive would not have been low value scrap metal. Nor, would it have been generic parts to re-sell later. Given that the converters are probably removed, both of these motives would likely be only marginally profitable when split four ways.

Rather, it could, as you stated, be more likely to have been specific parts for a car they were working on. One of the victims was specifically identified as having a cherished red car. This could well point towards a restoration / hot rod hobby.

So....

Perhaps the crew had a certain target car in mind. They know exactly what tools and sizes they will need to remove the parts. Sure, if they happen to see easily obtainable high value or super interesting things, they will grab those as well. But.... the primary target is a specific car for specific parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member