OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could view the FB links for this case. I purposely dont have a FB account and that FB link must have a security setting that needs you to be logged into FB to view it.

I can see many other FB sites, so it must have something to do with their security settings on it. I kind of wish for missing person FB sites, they would open up the security to allow general viewing. Most everyone has FB, so they may not know that some people dont have them. Or maybe they purposely want people to be logged in to view it.

wasn't she missing for like 10 days before they even started looking? In that case, the phone would have been dead for quite awhile.

Don't know when Colt's family started looking for him. But recall hearing that the same night friends tried to find him.

I wish I could view the FB links for this case. I purposely dont have a FB account and that FB link must have a security setting that needs you to be logged into FB to view it.

I can see many other FB sites, so it must have something to do with their security settings on it. I kind of wish for missing person FB sites, they would open up the security to allow general viewing. Most everyone has FB, so they may not know that some people dont have them. Or maybe they purposely want people to be logged in to view it.

I know they were having issues with people trolling the page and I think the security was changed then. Now they can remove people from the group and keep them from reading if they have caused problems.

I think facebook wants people to join, so they limit outsiders. It is for advertising purposes. They generally use your profile (age, hobbies, occupation, sports interests, etc.) and the facebook pages you join and "like" for target advertising. This is how they make money. For example, I "liked" a fb page of the state of Maine, now, I get ads along the side of the newsfeed about Maine hotels and tourist information ads of all kinds.

I know they were having issues with people trolling the page and I think the security was changed then. Now they can remove people from the group and keep them from reading if they have caused problems.

You are correct. A group page can block people. Molly's page probably blocked people, so they can't read anything at all. Even if a blocked person tries to search for the page (using facebook search), it will not show up. It is as if the group page doesn't exist anymore. However, the other group members in good standing and the average fb member can see the page and search for the page with no problem. Some group pages are set to private, but most "missing people" pages are usually public (any fb member can read, except for blocked fb members).

I really don't understand why some people are giving that family such a hard time. Some people are so insensitive. Molly's family seems to be upfront about the case. One thing though, they should be upfront about where the donations are going. Are they for a reward? Private Investigator? Lawyer? I'm not sure I have seen anything on it. Donors and future donors need reassurance on this.

wasn't she missing for like 10 days before they even started looking? In that case, the phone would have been dead for quite awhile.

Don't know when Colt's family started looking for him. But recall hearing that the same night friends tried to find him.

I'm confused about this too. I'm under the impression she was actually a runaway (took off to be with Colt), but after this chase/accident, her family feels she is "endangered missing." In other words, she wasn't living at home for a week or more prior to the police chase.

I wish I was clear on this.

Thanks for all the info about FB. That makes sense. It sounds like the family was forced into it and I dont blame them if they had people causing them trouble.

With whom? Where do you think might she be now, if she did get a ride out of the area?

I appreciate PMF so much for posting what she did last night. There's a degree of certainty to her statement that allows me to finally let go of the one cousin's doubt that Molly made any phone calls after the 911 call. And the new timeline allows us to discard some of the theories we've been kicking around.

Seriously, I was bowled over by the news that Molly was on the phone at 9:30 am. My thinking was not leaning that way at all.

Good question about where she went or who may have given her a ride. Unfortunately, she may not have found a ride. It just seems like a possibility. She could have knocked on a door for help too. However, it bothers me that her family has not heard from her yet. It has been months. Colt's injuries bother me as well. I can't see him moving on or hiding somewhere for this long without medical help. It gives me pause that he is okay.

Maybe Colt used someone elses health insurance at a hospital somewhere. Although, they usually check ID, because of fraud. I can't find away around that broken ankle. He really needed medical help. I'm trying to put myself in their shoes, but I think I would have eventually quit the hiding and called family or 911. If my phone died, I would have waved down a car or knocked on a door for help. For me, in that high 90 degree heat, there would have been a big incentive to raise the white flag.

Another thought, I wonder if there was a text or call to CN? If so, how long were those calls and when were they made? As for texts, some providers don't keep the actual texts—only the time when they were made. So the actual text's conversations may only be on CN's and Colt's or Molly's phone. Providing that there were actual texts or calls made to CN. I have no idea if this even happened. I'm just wondering if it happened. I suppose we'll find out if this case is ever resolved.

JMO

Another thought, I wonder if there was a text or call to CN? If so, how long were those calls and when were they made? As for texts, some providers don't keep the actual texts—only the time when they were made. So the actual text's conversations may only be on CN's and Colt's or Molly's phone. Providing that there were actual texts or calls made to CN. I have no idea if this even happened. I'm just wondering if it happened. I suppose we'll find out if this case is ever resolved.

JMO

I was wondering about that. That is a good point that the provider may not even have the actual texts stored. I suppose they would need to confirm with the provider about it.

I have had a bad feeling about these 2 people from the very start. Even though I hope they are just hiding out, there were so many things that happened that started to send the odds downhill fast.

-LE in pursuit.
-Car Chase ending in Wreck
-Possible serious injuries
-Very hot weather
-911 call which always mean "help"
-Other calls made to friends to help them get out of there
-Possibly getting lost with no food or water

So many strikes against them. I do hope they managed to find a way out of there and are just hiding out still.

I was wondering about that. That is a good point that the provider may not even have the actual texts stored. I suppose they would need to confirm with the provider about it.

I have had a bad feeling about these 2 people from the very start. Even though I hope they are just hiding out, there were so many things that happened that started to send the odds downhill fast.

-LE in pursuit.
-Car Chase ending in Wreck
-Possible serious injuries
-Very hot weather
-911 call which always mean "help"
-Other calls made to friends to help them get out of there
-Possibly getting lost with no food or water

So many strikes against them. I do hope they managed to find a way out of there and are just hiding out still.

As for texts, I'm pretty certain Colt's and Molly's friends allowed law enforcement to view the texts if the cell phone provider didn't have them available. Since CN lawyered up and LE has no access to Colt's or Molly's physical phones, any possible text message conversation content between CN and the couple is probably a mystery. Colt had a tracphone type phone. There was no provider like T-mobile or Verizon. Some people call them "burn phones" or "throw away phones," because they are hard to trace. Supposedly, someone else has Colt's phone number now, because he didn't recharge for future calls. His phone is useless now, unless he recharged. They could have reassigned a new number to him if he somehow was able to pay ahead for calls/texts. I wish I knew what kind of phone and service provider Molly had at the time.
Hope this makes sense.

I do wonder if Colt had a credit card and if it has been checked recently. Usually, LE is on top of that though.

With whom? Where do you think might she be now, if she did get a ride out of the area?

I appreciate PMF so much for posting what she did last night. There's a degree of certainty to her statement that allows me to finally let go of the one cousin's doubt that Molly made any phone calls after the 911 call. And the new timeline allows us to discard some of the theories we've been kicking around.

Seriously, I was bowled over by the news that Molly was on the phone at 9:30 am. My thinking was not leaning that way at all.

I think this was the call where she was crying and had reported she was very thirsty. Supposedly, she was walking on Pike during this call—if I am not mistaken. To me, this was a more desperate call than her earlier call at 6 am. It does make me wonder if she actually talked to the friend she called or if she left a voice mail. If it was a voice mail, did this friend try to return the call? If so, did she get a hold of Molly or did it go right into Molly's voice mail?

I think this was the call where she was crying and had reported she was very thirsty. Supposedly, she was walking on Pike during this call—if I am not mistaken. To me, this was a more desperate call than her earlier call at 6 am. It does make me wonder if she actually talked to the friend she called or if she left a voice mail. If it was a voice mail, did this friend try to return the call? If so, did she get a hold of Molly or did it go right into Molly's voice mail?

I agree this call sounded more desparate and maybe she had left Colt to find help at that point. Lets say her phone battery was almost dead by the earlier 6 AM call. If it died or if she turned it off, then perhaps by 9:30 ish, the phone had just enough juice to re-boot and she got that last phone call out, and maybe like you indicated nobody was home, so she left a voice mail being very upset because she knew her phone had that last shot.

I believe when you turn off an almost dead phone, and leave it off for awhile, it sometimes can regain enough juice to reboot. Batteries are weird like that.

So sad to even think how desparate she must have been, if this was the case.

I'm still recalibrating my thoughts after the new info last night, but am thoroughly mind-boggled by the ten and a half hour time frame.

What were they doing all that time? Just sitting in the woods? As the hours passed and no LE came looking for them, did they ever go back to the car to have a more comfortable place to sit, away from snakes and things? Were they in someone's house, either [the driver's] or a friendly house nearby? Hiding in someone's barn? Did they try to find supplies to tend Colt's wounds, maybe fashion a splint so he could try to walk out of there?

So many new questions, still no answers.

The real problem is the lifestyle they were living. Not the best of company when it comes to needing LE. Anyone could have picked her up, as one of the calls she was walking on Pike's Rd. Well...that's no longer on 'the land', and the land was searched early on, from what I remember reading. But the landowner is not allowing family to come search.

I don't know, the whole situation is just weird. [modsnip] . These two were playing with fire even being with a known druggie! And since they weren't apparently friends, makes one wonder wth they were doing together THAT night! Obviously if you wanted drugs, you could get them from someone else, so when did they meet up with CN, and WHY were they with him? When was the last time either Colt or Molly were actually seen?

About those phone calls...

From the Millers' radio interview:

From the Haynes' radio interview:

These sound like two different phone calls to me. Two alleged phone calls. In one, she was alone and crying on Pike Road. In the other, she was with Colt on Long Hollow Road and did not give any hint of distress.

I'm wondering if MMS may have misspoken when she said Pike Road, because that's two miles to west of Long Hollow, and that would be a pretty long hike through the woods in the dark. I can imagine Molly saying she was on Pike Road if she went back north on Long Hollow, turned left on Oswalt, and saw a street sign at the intersection of Oswalt and Pike. Was Molly familiar enough with the geography of that area to know she was on Pike Road otherwise? Because I watched a news report yesterday from the day they checked out the burning hole east of Pike and it looked like just your basic asphalt country road, hard to distinguish from any other unless you know Pike is the next road over.

I still haven't seen or heard or read enough to convince me that either of these two calls ever happened. It is possible they did but, at this moment, I'm leaning toward thinking Molly didn't live long after that 911 call at 12:57 a.m.

Good morning sweetlings---- and Happy Halloween

ok-jumping to it-- this person called by Molly-can his phone records be looked at? I am thinking of the time and th elength of the phone call and also whether it was Molly's phone that called him. I am having difficulty in believing that being stranded at 6am with an injured person Molly would not have asked for help. Or mentioned that Colt was injured.

ok-jumping to it-- this person called by Molly-can his phone records be looked at? I am thinking of the time and the length of the phone call and also whether it was Molly's phone that called him. I am having difficulty in believing that being stranded at 6am with an injured person Molly would not have asked for help. Or mentioned that Colt was injured.

I agree, it makes no sense. Colt was already injured by 3am according to the friends who went looking for him. Molly's call at 6am, no mention of injury. Molly's call at 9:30am, alone and crying. Something significant must have happened between 6 and 9:30.

ok-jumping to it-- this person called by Molly-can his phone records be looked at? I am thinking of the time and th elength of the phone call and also whether it was Molly's phone that called him. I am having difficulty in believing that being stranded at 6am with an injured person Molly would not have asked for help. Or mentioned that Colt was injured.

Morning Cawfee! I see you've had your cawfee :) IIRC the Molly's family has her phone records and the person receiving the call has been questioned - I *think* by Colt's family. According to Colt's family on the blogtalk radio, the person receiving the call said it was 6:00 am and Molly just asked what he was doing. He replied that he was going to work and Molly said something to the effect of "okay, see ya later". I wish LE would track down that person and question him themselves. Something isn't right about that call, but I can't figure out for sure what.

I'm just starting to follow this case, and I'm a little confused about all of the calls, reports, etc. I'm sure that a great WSer already has an awesome timeline that could help me out. Can someone please link me to it? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member