OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you guys. Bunch of clowns, lol.

I do have an updated timeline ready to post with some corrections and some additions. Am waiting to see if we roll over to a Thread #2, as we generally do when a thread hits 1,000 posts, so the new timeline will be on the front page of that.

I am not a fan of Southern Oklahoma Copblock, but do occasionally steel my nerves and take a peek to see if there's anything new about this case over there. To my surprise, they've posted a tribute to "an outstanding law enforcement officer," Ronnie Hampton of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, who took over the case from the various local jurisdictions and finally got the investigative ball rolling:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=645573718836243&set=a.356184027775215.83499.356180894442195&type=1&stream_ref=10

He is the reason I think we might actually see justice done for Molly and Colt, eventually, and I'm so very thankful he understood that something very wrong had happened and agreed to take charge of their case.

Someone has a court date a week from today! It's a hearing for the Motion to Accelerate on Con's 2011 drug charge. Does anyone understand the legal complexities involved? Is just getting arrested for another felony enough to violate probation, or is something else going on there? Monthly payments have been made on his account without fail, so the violation is not failure to pay, and he's been on unsupervised probation all this time according to Molly's cousin JG, so it's not failure to report either.

wfgodot, my erudite Luddite, d'ya think we ought to roll over to a Thread #2? I'd try it myself, but am afraid of screwing it up royally.

Here is a real good explanation on it:

http://www.oklahomalegalgroup.com/news/understanding-a-motion-to-accelerate-a-deferred-sentence

Since CN is young and it may have been his first offense, they were probably giving him a break with probation, IMO. However, I think he is going to end up in jail, because of his latest actions. Seems like LE wants him there and IMO, I think he should be there too.

JMO

Here is a real good explanation on it:

http://www.oklahomalegalgroup.com/news/understanding-a-motion-to-accelerate-a-deferred-sentence

Since CN is young and it may have been his first offense, they were probably giving him a break with probation, IMO. However, I think he is going to end up in jail, because of his latest actions. Seems like LE wants him there and IMO, I think he should be there too.

JMO

Interesting that you mentioned first offense. I puzzled over his rap sheet for a while because, according to ODCR, his very first arrest as an adult was for Possession of CDS and Possession of Firearms After Conviction or During Probation. This was just seven months after he turned 18. The firearms charge was dismissed a few weeks later, but still, what was that about? Did he have a felony on his juvenile record that he was on probation for? I guess we'll never know, but the charge he's on probation for now happened a year and a half later, so it wasn't his first felony offense. Or his last.

Pretty quiet on the OFMM and JFC pages this week. They're usually a beehive of activity. Is everyone taking a breather?

Interesting that you mentioned first offense. I puzzled over his rap sheet for a while because, according to ODCR, his very first arrest as an adult was for Possession of CDS and Possession of Firearms After Conviction or During Probation. This was just seven months after he turned 18. The firearms charge was dismissed a few weeks later, but still, what was that about? Did he have a felony on his juvenile record that he was on probation for? I guess we'll never know, but the charge he's on probation for now happened a year and a half later, so it wasn't his first felony offense. Or his last.

I was just theorizing, because I have a brother who used to get into a lot of trouble when he was young. Judges gave him breaks and my bro knew it. They hoped that he would hear their warnings about a bleak future if he continued his behavior. My brother did change eventually and is now a productive member of society. Like CN, he didn't want to end up in prison.

Molly's cousin PMF has posted a little more info about the day the car was found and where it was found:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438762539575189/permalink/500697860048323/?stream_ref=2

So 2 weeks into this, a Love County deputy didn't know anything about missing people? And to hear her tell the story of the car being found makes me even more skeptical of how this case has been handled and the sheriff's relations to Con. I'd like to find out more about the land owner, DH.

So 2 weeks into this, a Love County deputy didn't know anything about missing people? And to hear her tell the story of the car being found makes me even more skeptical of how this case has been handled and the sheriff's relations to Con. I'd like to find out more about the land owner, DH.

Wasn't the car found on CN's grandparents land, but Molly's family was not allowed to search that land? They were only allowed on the Addison Ranch land, which abuts the grandparents' property.

Wasn't the car found on CN's grandparents land, but Molly's family was not allowed to search that land? They were only allowed on the Addison Ranch land, which abuts the grandparents' property.

No, not found on Nipp land and not on Addison Ranch, but very near both.

Several commenters have asked a question I've wondered myself for some time, whether the car was wrecked where it was found or if it was moved there. And then another commenter came up with an even more interesting question. Are we sure the car really was there the day it was "found" or was it already hidden away somewhere else? Because that was an awfully quick response time, to call out a wrecker and get the car hooked up and towed off before the family could get over there from a short distance away, and they never actually saw it. Hmm...

Took a quick refresher course on how to interpret legal descriptions of rural acreages, and made a new map based on PMF's info. The car came south down Long Hollow, hung a right at the corner, went through the gate and headed west. Don't know exactly what route it took from there, but it wound up somewhere within the area outlined in green:

777857c1-c248-4445-a06a-9a20b10b67ab_zps0b9fb2b9.png

And now I've just sprained a shoulder patting myself on the back after looking at the actual property boundaries side by side with my earlier guesstimate:

fb4c5839-0e03-4be4-a24a-69cd49b86e54_zpsae7540dd.png
a77589de-d7ca-44d4-b50a-f4d762331f5d_zps44c83a68.png

Pretty darn close, eh?

Is there anyway to go back to the dates when the car was missing and check google earth or something. Sounds like the car was moved. At least taking somewhere cleaned up then moved.

Is there anyway to go back to the dates when the car was missing and check google earth or something. Sounds like the car was moved. At least taking somewhere cleaned up then moved.

Oh, if only it could be that easy. Think how many crimes and missing persons cases could be solved!

There are places where you can buy satellite images of specific locations on certain dates and times but they're very expensive. And that's only if a satellite happened to be in the right part of its orbit to take an image of that location at that time.

The images of this area currently available on Google Earth were taken on April 17, 2012, over a year before Molly and Colt went missing.

Oh, if only it could be that easy. Think how many crimes and missing persons cases could be solved!

There are places where you can buy satellite images of specific locations on certain dates and times but they're very expensive. And that's only if a satellite happened to be in the right part of its orbit to take an image of that location at that time.

The images of this area currently available on Google Earth were taken on April 17, 2012, over a year before Molly and Colt went missing.

I have went back and read through some of the threads. A lot of odd things in this case. I think I would lean towards the cop not stopping pursuit of the vehicle. The car crashes and the cop goes back to investigate and something happens. So by the police officers involvement from the chase something happened to them and they had to clean up their mess. That's what I am leaning towards.

I have went back and read through some of the threads. A lot of odd things in this case. I think I would lean towards the cop not stopping pursuit of the vehicle. The car crashes and the cop goes back to investigate and something happens. So by the police officers involvement from the chase something happened to them and they had to clean up their mess. That's what I am leaning towards.

Interesting take. So you think there was cop involvement with the disappearance?

Interesting take. So you think there was cop involvement with the disappearance?

Yes, the driver is going to get out of there has fast has he can. It can't be a coincidence he went down that road so close to a relatives house. The driver isn't going to take the time to clean up the scene people already knew the two missing people were in the car. Now a cop would if he was chasing them and something happened to the kids from the chase. Cops don't like lawsuits and you throw in the corruption that is already taking place not a good combination.

I read over at fb (Operation Find Molly Miller) and there is an interesting post about something heard over a police scanner. The comments are interesting too. One girl heard disturbing information. I don't know what to make of it all. It is all so cryptic.

Yes, the driver is going to get out of there has fast has he can. It can't be a coincidence he went down that road so close to a relatives house. The driver isn't going to take the time to clean up the scene people already knew the two missing people were in the car. Now a cop would if he was chasing them and something happened to the kids from the chase. Cops don't like lawsuits and you throw in the corruption that is already taking place not a good combination.

Didn't CH make calls that night to friends? So, you think the cops caught him after that? I think CH ran out of the car fast too. He was on probation and can't be associated with any criminal activity. Molly followed CH.

All my opinion . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member