Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, does anyone know why Suzanne was the only one o the daughters Floyd took? Does her mom have any idea why? Did she ever talk to an attorney about Floyd having the right to just take the kids like that? Where was her family during the month she was in jail? Did they ever check on the kids? There are some big holes here.

Wait, there is one BIG missing piece in all this. Who and where is Suzanne's biological dad? Also, did Suzanne's mom not know of Floyd's past? What kind of crime did she go to jail for? Is that how she met Floyd, because she led a life of crime?

Suzanne's parents and family are victims here so we can not sleuth them. AFAIK, Floyd used an alias when he was in the relationship with Suzanne's mom.

If Suzanne's dna is in codis, I would assume a male uid that was related would have given a hit, no?

I've been following this case for a while and read the book "A Beautiful Child". I am totally baffled how Sharons mother could not know this whole time this was her daughter. Does she not have a computer or use the internet EVER? She had to know her ex husband is on death row. A simple google search comes up that he raised a child that was not his and she turned up dead. What has this woman been doing the past 24 years? This is almost hard to believe. Also is the author Matt deliberately spelling her recently discovered last name wrong? He specifically spelled it wrong again today. The real last name is obviously greek. I wonder if Sharon's bio father is still alive and did he inquire as to the whereabouts of his kids?

Floyd is a sociopath and psychopath and I doubt he offered up his past to her. Back then there was no google or ways to check out ppl. He likely railroaded her and charmed her. One's past was easy to hide back then. I have no info on Suzanne's mom but my guess is that she had met Floyd at a time in her life when she was weak in spirit....and he picked up on that and swooped in. Plus she had kids....one in particular he wanted
With sexual predators they are drawn to a certain type. They don't perp on people who don't fit their preference. Suzanne apparently fit the preference that he wanted. Not too old or too young it sounds like. With the brother....I don't have a theory as to where he fits in as to why he was taken. It seems like he discarded boys...but then he didn't keep Suzanne's daughter that was adopted out. I don't know. I'm lost lol

I've been following this case for a while and read the book "A Beautiful Child". I am totally baffled how Sharons mother could not know this whole time this was her daughter. Does she not have a computer or use the internet EVER? She had to know her ex husband is on death row. A simple google search comes up that he raised a child that was not his and she turned up dead. What has this woman been doing the past 24 years? This is almost hard to believe. Also is the author Matt deliberately spelling her recently discovered last name wrong? He specifically spelled it wrong again today. The real last name is obviously greek. I wonder if Sharon's bio father is still alive and did he inquire as to the whereabouts of his kids?
Well, he likely used an alias. She could have known him as John X but he likely never used John X again so she couldn't find him. If she googled John X she wouldn't come up with a hit because he didn't use that alias again...he went by his own name or one of many others. He's had many aliases and I doubt he has told all the names he has used. She likely had no idea the man she knew as one name was really named Floyd.

Yeah, Nocgirl, some things aren't adding up. I still want to know about Suzanne's bio dad. Where is he in all this? I am sorry, but I would not leave my kids with their stepdad like that, where was her family when she was in jail? Did she not try to hire a private detective or track down friends who knew Floyd when they were married? I think we deserve these answers. I also hope that a better effort is being made by the law to find the little boy. I have never heard of this thing of stepparents being able to do what they want with their step kids or having provenance over them. Maybe the law was in cahoots with Fred. Was this a small town that Sharon was taken from.

Floyd met and married the woman while using an alias. Also, the police in NC said he had the right to take the kids and they wouldn't even take a missing persons report, much less investigate it. How is she supposed to track him down in the 70s with no internet, three kids of her own, absolutely no help from law enforcement, Floyd (and the girl) using fake names, not even knowing Floyd's real name, and both of them moving around the country?

The laws were different then. When he married the mother, he acquired parental rights to the children. Unfortunately.

LE wasn't in cahoots -- there was nothing else they could have done under the laws of the time.

They still had Private detectives in the 70s and in the 90s, she could have started internet research. There is ALWAYS a way.

Not everyone can afford a private detective.

And who says she didn't get one, anyway? All we know about this woman is that she married Floyd when he was using a different name and he abducted her kids while she was in jail for a minor crime. We don't even know her name, much less what measures she took to try to find her daughter. Just because she never found her doesn't mean she didn't try.

If Suzanne's dna is in codis, I would assume a male uid that was related would have given a hit, no?

Only if they also had DNA for the male. Remember, Suzanne died in 1990, but her brother, if he passed, it was likely in 1975.

Yes, there should have been a Mitochondrial DNA hit if there was a male in CODIS. Since false positives are not uncommon on Mitochondrial DNA, any hit on a male would have likely been ignored.

A Nuclear DNA hit would have been less likely. If I recall from the book, they did have a vial of Suzanne's blood. So they were looking for an exact hit on the nuclear DNA comparison, not a family hit (which would require FRS's from at least two family members)

I emailed Matt Friday to see if he was going to contact JC "Susans uncle" he emaild me back Saturday, and it said what JC? I am in shock to see all of this , I am just frozen.

Interesting, because someone with that name is listed as recently friended by Matt on FB.

You know what I'm thinking? I think that Suzanne's mom might have been afraid she'd lose the other 2 kids if she made too many waves. I think that's the ONLY reason why a woman wouldn't try harder to get back her 2 missing children.

And, darn it, I'm not a soft on crime person, but why, oh WHY would a woman with 4 young children be put in jail for a minor crime??? For goodness sakes, couldn't she have just been given community service or something?

Like so many others, I saw this on Unsolved Mysteries and hoped and prayed the sweet girl would be identified. I'm so happy Suzanne has her name back, but I'm so sad and angry that this ever happened.

Back in that time there was a lot of old fashioned thinking and one has to remember that. Deep south, small town, sexist thinking in LE and the court system. Yes back then a stepparent could be considered a caregiver for stepchildren...in that thinking the woman marries someone often what's hers becomes his. Her husband, she does what he says. That was common thinking. And no...not everyone can hire a private investigator. This woman was in jail for a while and likely had no job or money of her own when she got out. How would she pay for one...let alone one to take her seriously and not have the same sexist thinking of many back then? She figured Floyd and the kids would be waiting when she got out . and maybe somehow she did do her own searching...as much as she could with what she had. ALL of this is Floyd's fault NOT hers. She is a victim of him as well and needs to be treated with respect and dignity. She may have made some mistakes in her life but she had no idea Floyd would do what he did and we have no idea at all what it was like for her. No blaming towards her needs to happen. Floyd picked her as a victim, Floyd ran off with the kids, Floyd kept Suzanne and possibly harmed the brother, Floyd ruined Suzanne's life and everyone else's-not her mother.

A little off topic but does anyone else find it strange that there's been little to no media attention regarding this one being solved? I thought it would be all over the place!

A little off topic but does anyone else find it strange that there's been little to no media attention regarding this one being solved? I thought it would be all over the place!

I think it just goes to prove that it wasn't nearly as well known a case as many of us thought it was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back