OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just dropping a thought here Remember that FF said that no-one was looking for Sharon..?
Isn't is possible that the Sharon's mother was into hiding for the police/feds?
I did read about a woman called La Pistolera who escaped from Mexico prison in dec. 1969.Maybe something that FF could use against her to get his filty hands on Sharon.
I also think that he used Michael to control Sharon as well,as long as he had Michael into his sight,he knew that Sharon never would leave and maybe that is why he married her to get his costody as a "father" One thing is certain about FF he loved the control that he had.
http://www.crimemagazine.com/sharon-kinne-la-pistolera-0

Could there be a possibility there were more then one of FDF "Sharon". Has the other female child from the 33 pictures found in FDF truck been identified?

Thanks for the list of rule-outs! I thought I had seen it, then could not find it when I went to look.

That's an interesting point about the mother. Maybe she knows, but can't come forward.

Deeds, I was wondering about the other girl in the photos, too. What if there had been others, and the reason Sharon let him believe Michael was his was that she knew he would protect those he thought were his own, but had hurt or sold any children that were not his flesh and blood?

Welcome rlc..

Enjoy the site, Don't worry if the case's are hard to keep up with some times...

I think all of us has that problem from time to time..

Myself I stay behind on most of these case's..

Some of these women pass me by like they are Danica Patrick @ Indy on the last lap and here I am driving my poor old 68 WV Bug on the track trying to outrun her...:)

I just read the entire story about the "Jesus babies" and possible cult connections. This wouldn't surprise me in any way.

FDF may have been locked up circa 1969, but he's the kind who could easily join such a group, get what he wanted, and then leave. He's also good at posing as a member of religious organizations--as I recall, he used to hang around churches and even do volunteer work for them.

FDF was also a good "schmoozer". He may have gotten in good with some of the higher-ups to get what he wanted--a child to use and abuse. Of course, he also used her as a cover-up. It's easier to feel sympathy for a "single dad whose wife died from cause x or y" (even Sharon would change the cause of death sometimes) than for a man with no apparent family. Admit it--you'd probably help out a guy with a bad back who was apparently doing his best to raise a daughter as a struggling painter. (Then again, you may not if you follow this case). It was all about being pitied for FDF so he could get whatever he was after (money, lodging, etc).

I think what gets lost when we talk about the evilness of FDF is the fact he was far from stupid. He knew how to put on a show, which is why he avoided jail for as long as he did.

There are two other things I can think of to support the cult theory. First, Sharon apparently had a picture of a woman who she claimed was her mother. If FDF was a poser in the cult, he could have obtained a photograph easily, especially since that was his hobby. Second, the apparent causes of the mother's death always varied. Car crashes, cancer, and other tragedies are often used to cover something greater up (even in fiction literature). Perhaps she was a victim of the cult.

Finally, about multiple "Sharons"--I doubt there was more than one actual "Sharon", as the connection between the 1975 photo and Sharon circa 1990 was made very quickly. FDF definitely had other girls and may have even been another Bill Bradford, but there was almost certainly only one Sharon Marshall.

I do think Mrs. Fitzpatrick would be a great asset to this case. Besides, we already had good luck with another Fitzpatrick--Joe Fitzpatrick--during FDF's trial.

Could there be a possibility there were more then one of FDF "Sharon". Has the other female child from the 33 pictures found in FDF truck been identified?

If I do remember correctly from what I have read on websleuths is that they were indentified,neighbour children I believe. But the pictures were never posted and a lot must have been destroyed in the fire from FDF trailer. I do think he abused a lot more children than is known.
Also I would like to ask something about FDF timeline
-"August 1961/Franklin violates his parole by going on a camping trip with fellow parolee James Marvin to either Alaska or Canada???"
Is the name James Marvin complete or is his last name Porterfield..?
This is what I have found the age seems to be similair to FDF.
-1110515 140046 Porterfield, James Marvin 01/16/2011 Not Grant 60 Male White Crimes committed - Sex Assault, Rape; Breaking And Entering;
They do have the same interest and were arrested for the equal crimes.http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/resources/vpb/decisions/2011/decisions-jan11.pdf

Remember also, that Matt chose not to work with Colleen Fitzgerald on the case. I truly believe she could have found out who Sharon truly was. She identified a baby from the Titanic and an airline pilot from a crash MANY years ago. She is an amazing woman.

There are many things, that exist, outside the boundries of 'everyday life'. An organization that kidnaps children, using them and abusing them has been talked about in other missing child cases also. Just one of those is Johnny Gosch. There was also a LOT of speculation concerning Jaycee Duggard and other children, more than just she and her two daughters, being present in PG's backyard, and the fact that there may have been an actual ring of child abusers, kidnappers. Read some of Michaela Garrechts blog passages, by her Mother, who believes that Michaela was held and made to do things she was ashamed of. That she is fearful of returning to her past, to her family.

These Mothers have more knowledge than we do, from searching for their child, from working with LE. I at this point can not rule out, completely any possibility.

I have found that often, the things we least expect to be true or possible, can and sometimes do exist.

One thing for certain. I do not believe that FDF could have gotten away with everything he did, for such a long time, without the aide of others. From 'acquiring' Sharon, to keeping her concealed and later murdering her and most likely Michael.

BBM-she did not ID the baby. She was researching families in NZ when the baby's likely family was located in WI, IIRC. Just to clear that up. :)

Folks, Melissa/Rhonda has never been listed as a missing person. To date we have not seen an official missing persons report or any indication Melissa/Rhonda is in fact missing or was ever missing. NCMEC is not interested in and has closed out the possible lead - for whatever reason, reasons which the general public may not be privy to.

We at WS can not be posting information or accusations against persons for which we have no credible MSM documention or police reports. We do not allow it done in other area's of the forum, thus we can not do it here. Until such a time comes when there is an official missing persons report for Melissa/Rhonda the moderators and admin here at WS have decided we will no longer allow discussion regarding the Melissa Rhonda possible match to Sharon.

If you have any questions regarding this please send them via PM to a moderator or admin. Moderating decisions and questions should be addressed off forum. You can find the mods by looking at the bottom of each forum or by scrolling to the bottom of the main forum and clicking group leaders.

Thank you,
Cubby

Bumping Cubby's post. Rhonda/Melissa is off the table for discussion. She has never been reported missing. If she is reported, link me and we can redetermine the position expressed by WS admin at that time.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I'm not sure if this has been posted to the Sharon Marshall forum before but check out the comment #9 from Soundman, Yukon, OK it's from May 8, 2007 on another weird note... the man's name is Patrick Davis, a month later Floyd Kidnaps Principal James Davis, and Floyd uses the name surname Davis for Sharon. I don't think there is a connect but its still a little weird...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city-ok/T4CUCCNCEVJ4HFJDT

Two other questions...does anyone else find it a little strange that Floyd killed pretty much anyone that knew anything to protect himself... why did he leave the principal alive?

Also if Floyd was adopted, how did he find his brother/sister/family? and are all the family members blood related? if not could Sharon of been his "brother's" kid that he gave to Floyd???

Does anyone have a photo of Billy Floyd?

Bumping Cubby's post. Rhonda/Melissa is off the table for discussion. She has never been reported missing. If she is reported, link me and we can redetermine the position expressed by WS admin at that time.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Oops, I forgot about that. Sorry abot trying to post. Too bad that was such an interesting angle. If anyone is interested it is sometimes discussed on Matt Birbeck's Facebook page "A Beautiful Child"

I didn't know that,thank you for the re-post.
Very disturbing that DNA will not be tested.
Is there anything that they run to see if the police can find out what happend to the little girl..?
Because if she was given away 'just like that' to some-one not known,it still is an illegal action and questions needs to be asked to the adopted parents.

I’m new to this forum, so please forgive me if my questions/thoughts have already been addressed. I just finished “A Beautiful Child,” and I was really struck by the passage on pg. 115: “After Floyd, using the name Trenton Davis, resurfaced in 1975 in Oklahoma City, he enrolled Tonya, then known as Suzanne, in the public school system. She was said to be bright, and could read, spell, add, and subtract by the age of 5, or whatever her real age was when she entered the first grade.”

What stood out to me is that these are all first grade skills. In other words, Sharon would have had to already have completed at least part of first grade in order to be able to do all these things. But Floyd enrolled her in first grade. Why? Was this the first time he had enrolled her in school? Did he enroll her in first grade because it was the first required grade, as opposed to kindergarten, and so he wouldn’t need previous records? If so, where did Sharon go to first grade, for the first time?

I’m thinking that maybe she completed first grade while living with her parent(s), before Floyd abducted her. Kind of going along with this thought, it occurred to me that while the FBI said the pictures of Sharon’s abuse showed a 4-5 year old child, this doesn’t mean that that’s when Floyd abducted her. He could have been taking pictures of her while living near her, like he did with the pictures of the older girls.

One of the many theories posited, along the theme posted by Wholehearted, is that Sharon had been educated outside the US. Its my belief that she was older than 6 when Floyd enrolled her in school.
Another thing to consider is that Floyd, in his own sick, twisted, disgusting, vile (please feel free to continue with your own adjectives) believed himself a good father and by all evidence showed pride in Sharon's accomplishments. Its very possible, in my mind, that he himself began educating her so that she would be the top of the class when she began school.
As to the pictures, keep in mind that the older girls in the photos, the neighbor children, were clothed but "suggestively posed". The photos of Sharon, however, have been described as showing scenes of "horrific abuse". That leads me to believe that she was living with Floyd at that time.

I don't know. I find it really hard to imagine that Floyd had the ability or the desire to teach Sharon all those skills, but I guess it's possible. I'd be really curious to know what exactly her school report cards said about her in first grade.

I think that while Floyd may have taken pride in Sharon, it was a weird thing that was really about him. When he talks about how her mother was a prostitute, how she was a perfect child who got her feelings hurt about the orphan's home but didn't get left there? I think it's all just a weird fantasy about rewriting history for himself as a child, and depicting himself as loveable as an adult. I don't think there's anything in there about Sharon herself.

Does anyone have any idea why he worked for the Oklahoma Public Schools as a custodian in 1974? It seems so out of keeping with the rest of his work history.

Kindergarteners and first graders come in at a wide range of ability levels. There have been some who can multiply and read chapter books coming into kindergarten. (I even know of one who knew his square and cube roots--and what squaring/cubing meant). Others, of course, cannot tell an "A" from a "B" or a "1" from a "2". Most are in between somewhere.

There are, of course, a few variables to consider here.

1. Natural intelligence. We still don't know Sharon's background. Even if her parents or immediate family came up as average intelligence, gifted children do pop up now and then. Many of them seem to be born into families where both the mother and father have an IQ of under 130, although there is often some other relative who is gifted in their family somewhere (a cousin, uncle, great grandparent...)

2. Tutors or other figures. A single dad with a checkered past, an abducted child, and lots of connections is bound to find a tutor to get his daughter ahead. I think if he went this route, he did so to minimize suspicion that anything was going on in the house. Sadly, many educators think the gifted ones have the best home lives with providing parents and lots of resources. It's not always true. FDF probably knew someone who was a tutor or knew of a tutor for Sharon. Besides, what did he do with her during the daytime when he was working?

3. Sharon's real age. It's easy to blame alleged giftedness, precocious puberty, etc. However, she may have been older. Remember that kid in the Little League World Series who was two years older than what he claimed? It's even possible FDF didn't know her real age.

4. The outside woman theory. I know we've passed Becky Barr and other names around here in the past. This would go hand-in-hand with #2, as she could be a tutor, and would also explain how Sharon would have learned non-academic skills (taking care of herself, etc).

You definitely make some good points about the spectrum of knowledge that kids can have when they start going to school. But I wonder if there’s a distinction between being able to read, or recite facts, and being able to write, for example. A really bright kid can pick up the skills of reading from absorbing the world around them—newspapers, signs, books at home, etc. A really bright kid can hear the multiplication table, or someone talking about the square root of something, and retain that and recite it. But did those kids actually know in depth how to multiple, if you sat them down with a problem? I guess my point is, that if it were known that Sharon could write well, and knew how to do all those skills in depth from the beginning of her school attendance, that would be something I would imagine would have to been taught and practiced. I guess it just depends on what precisely she knew, in this theory.

The argument that she could have picked up these skills at home, before attending school, makes sense to me if it’s the right home. I’m not saying it has to be the most supportive home in the world, but one in which perhaps there are older siblings learning this stuff, or one in which the printed word is available. So, it could be possible that a child would learn these skills, on her own, in an abductor’s home.

But if teaching Sharon the skills before first grade would have had the goal of avoiding suspicion, that seems peculiar. She wouldn’t have stood out at the beginning of first grade for not knowing those things. Apparently, the fact that she did know them was memorable enough for the fact to have either been recorded on her report card/school records, or remembered by a teacher in an interview. And if Floyd’s goal was to escape detection in the elementary years, he did a really bad job of it, because the babysitter found out that he was abusing Sharon. Then again, people do all kinds of contradictory things all the time, and an abductor and pedophile raising a kidnapped child does seem pretty contradictory.

A tutor for a child entering first grade just strikes me as really unusual for the mid-1970s. I could be way off here, but the environment of the academic kindergarten, and pressure on young children didn’t exist back then, did it?

Since the first sighting of Sharon was in late ’74, I think that could be a reasonably an accurate date for when he first had her. If she started school in September of ’75, then that’s 10 months that he’s had her, give or take. So, it does make you wonder what he did with her during that time. Maybe she was in school somewhere else? Maybe he had a caretaker for her. Maybe it was Barr. If it were anyone else, you'd think they'd have come forward by now. Then again, she could be deceased.

I think she was older. That makes the most sense to me. It's just hard to reconcile older and not reported missing.

Attachments

• Composite of suspect in male form.jpg
    Composite of suspect in male form.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 96

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members