OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh... I guess I didn't see that rule out list, the last two rule out lists posted on this thread do not include Highsmith's name and I can find no confirmation that her DNA was tested and ruled out against "Sharons"

I've read a couple articles saying that they planned to test the DNA of Highsmith but I've also read that there not even sure the "Sharon's" DNA sample was really her DNA at all.

Jerry Nance and I am the Senior Case Manager in charge of the Special Case Unit:

"We have a lot of issues. First being that Oklahoma City Police claim they identified the little girl as Suzanne, and that they interviewed the father of Suzanne who admitted to giving the child to Floyd. The FBI agent who worked this case said that never happened. OK City PD has declined our offer to fund an exhumation for DNA testing. They did send us a vial of blood stating this was blood taken from "Suzanne" at autopsy. It was supposed to have been destroyed but had been maintained unrefrigerated. The blood was too degraded for any meaningful DNA, but we did get mtDNA and that was not a match with Sherry. Some have questioned me as to whether I am certain the blood they sent is really the blood of Suzanne, and truth is, I don't know. At some point of time in this business, we have to trust.

The blood had to be returned, and I have been informed the blood was destroyed."

So if the DNA is not reliable then are the rule out lists. If you know of any conformation that Highsmith's DNA has been tested and rule out other then this one post with no supporting links, It would be greatly appreciated if you could post it here.

thanks a bunch!

---------

On a side note; I just ordered "A beautiful Child" I'm really excited to read it, after reading the reviews on this site.

Deeds,

I've followed Sharons case 'loosely' since joining WS. I do recall the discussion on the blood sample which was destroyed..... I've also discovered through reading (mostly here at WS), so I can't add links, one of Sharons birth children which she gave up for adoption has submitted DNA.

I don't know that a complete list of rule out exists for Sharon anywhere.

hth

sharons adopted daughter came forward and submited her dna to stop all the questions i also think she read the book her dna was compared with that of a sample of the dna on file from ok and it was a match. so as far as i know all the dna testing done so far is def not a match between the ones tested against sharon. i know ok said they interviewed this man but was it someone floyd paid them to say he was sharons father? if he was really who he said he was why didnt they do a lie detector test or dna sample something fishy does not add up with the ok police department

sharons adopted daughter came forward and submited her dna to stop all the questions i also think she read the book her dna was compared with that of a sample of the dna on file from ok and it was a match. so as far as i know all the dna testing done so far is def not a match between the ones tested against sharon. i know ok said they interviewed this man but was it someone floyd paid them to say he was sharons father? if he was really who he said he was why didnt they do a lie detector test or dna sample something fishy does not add up with the ok police department

I've just started reading "a beautiful child" and it's really captivating...I was reading that FDF got the names for "Sharon" off of a grave stone... I did a search on Find a grave website for Suzanne Davis died before 1974 and then Sharon Marshall died before 1978

Suzanne Davis locations of graves;

- Metter, Candler County, Georgia, USA
- Port Huron, St. Clair County, Michigan, USA
- Chapel Hill (Orange County), Orange County, North Carolina, USA
- Siglerville, Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, USA
- San Diego, San Diego County, California, USA
- Worth County, Iowa, USA
- South Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA

Sharon Marshall locations of graves;

- Salem, Marion County, Oregon, USA
- Windsor, Shelby County, Illinois, USA
- Belleville, St. Clair County, Illinois, USA
- Benton, Butler County, Kansas, USA
- Laketon, Wabash County, Indiana, USA

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gs&

-----

From what I understand FDF was signed over by his mother to a state home for children in Georgia... Is there a possibility that FDF went back to the state home he grew up and was abused in and took a family-less "Sharon" and got the name Suzanne Davis from a grave stone from a Metter, Candler County, Georgia cemetery...From what I read in the the book the state house was very poorly run...and this would explain why no one is looking for her...

"Floyd was in Georgia in 1973.

Sharon was abducted some time between June 1973 and August 1975.

Sharon's birth year is believed to be between 1967-1970

February 2, 1973, Floyd's friend David Dial posted $3,000 bail for Floyd. Floyd would not be seen again until he surfaced in Tulsa, Oklahoma 1989. Floyd is said to b staying with his friend David Dial at 48 Franklin rd. in Newnan Georgia."

http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sharon&action=print&thread=1032

--------

The locations of David Dial's and the Children's state home are about 20mins apart...On another note... If Michael Anthony Hughes is no longer alive then the grounds of the children's home would be the first place I would look...

Attachments

• Suzanne Davis grave search.jpg
    Suzanne Davis grave search.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Sharon Marshall Grave search.jpg
    Sharon Marshall Grave search.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 12
There is so much good information in A Beautiful Child, isn't there?

I've read through all the back threads a while ago, but I can't remember whether the state children's home in Georgia was still operating in the mid to late 70s. I'm curious what conditions someone would need to meet to adopt a child there.

I was thinking about what David Dial said--something about how you never saw Sharon on the back of a milk carton. But putting the pictures of missing children on milk cartons didn't start until after the disappearance of Etan Patz in 1979: Etan Patz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know why this sticks in my mind so much, except that it's clear to me that Dial couldn't have been thinking about milk cartons and their national publicity about missing children around the era that Sharon was abducted, because that stuff didn't exist yet. It just makes me wonder, did Dial meet Sharon? And if so, what was his real reaction to the situation?

The Childrens' Home in Hapeville, GA, was moved to a location in Palmetto, GA, in 1968. The Childrens' Home now consists of five campuses in the Atlanta area.
I believe the Hapeville property then became a child care center (which suffered a horrific fatal fire in the early 70s, as I recall, due to a construction vehicle cutting a gas line).

I was thinking about what David Dial said--something about how you never saw Sharon on the back of a milk carton. But putting the pictures of missing children on milk cartons didn't start until after the disappearance of Etan Patz in 1979...

I don't know why this sticks in my mind so much, except that it's clear to me that Dial couldn't have been thinking about milk cartons and their national publicity about missing children around the era that Sharon was abducted, because that stuff didn't exist yet.
It just makes me wonder, did Dial meet Sharon? And if so, what was his real reaction to the situation?
I'm assuming Dial made that comment after the fact? Personally, it seems like mere hyperbole rather than something that's supposed to be taken literally. He threw out that reference to being on a milk carton because that conjures such an immediate image of searching for a lost child whereas no one was looking for Sharon or even thought of her as missing.

I'm assuming Dial made that comment after the fact? Personally, it seems like mere hyperbole rather than something that's supposed to be taken literally. He threw out that reference to being on a milk carton because that conjures such an immediate image of searching for a lost child whereas no one was looking for Sharon or even thought of her as missing.

My thoughts exactly.

Just my two cents :twocents: :)

Has their been a result of the DNA test between Sharon Marshall and Christina Lynn Carter? I believe these two girls are eerily similar. I strongly believe Sharon could be Christina and I will list why:
1. Same hair and eye color
2.Same physical built
3. Same age range
4. Same face shape
5. Christina went missing in 1973, Sharon was abducted as a child 1973
6.In Floyd's possession was a photo of a young woman bound and beaten...Christina's mother vanished with Christina and days later was found bound and beaten-has this similarity been further investigated?

--
There's too many similarities to sweep this under the rug. I've submitted the match to Doe Network to put the pressure on getting a DNA test between the two to figure this out.

if anyone knows any results of the DNA test, please do share:)

We're still searching for the truth;
--
You're far from forgotten.

I just was thinking about Sharon today and figured I would look to see if any thing new was found out about her identity. Seems like she is in the hearts of others this holiday season also. Hopefully 2012 can give her a true identity.

Shannon entered my thoughts over Christmas too! I really want this case to be solved - maybe 2012 will be "the" year! I have thought many times about going to visit Floyd in jail and just asking him to please come clean. Stupid thought.... but who knows? He is older now......

if anyone knows any results of the DNA test, please do share:)

If this is the one I think your thinking about, I would love to know the results as well.

I just checked the Beautiful Child Facebook page and there have not been any updates in quite awhile.

Has their been a result of the DNA test between Sharon Marshall and Christina Lynn Carter? I believe these two girls are eerily similar. I strongly believe Sharon could be Christina and I will list why:
1. Same hair and eye color
2.Same physical built
3. Same age range
4. Same face shape
5. Christina went missing in 1973, Sharon was abducted as a child 1973
6.In Floyd's possession was a photo of a young woman bound and beaten...Christina's mother vanished with Christina and days later was found bound and beaten-has this similarity been further investigated?

--
There's too many similarities to sweep this under the rug. I've submitted the match to Doe Network to put the pressure on getting a DNA test between the two to figure this out.

Christina Lynn Carter was ruled out a long time ago. It's somewhere in the threads, but I don't know where.

I've always had two wishes for Sharon, as far as the search for her true identity. I wish her DNA could be compared to the CODIS criminal database. It's possible a match could come up that way as to her natural parents may be, but I understand that is illegal in almost all states, if not all states.

I don't recall if she was cremated or not, but there is also the angle to take one of her teeth and do the isotope (sp?) study. I don't know if it is the same with adult teeth as baby teeth, but this has been done on the baby teeth of UID pre-adolescent children in other cases.

Technology has changed so much since Shannon died. Heck, it's changed tremendously just in the last 5 years I've been reading WS. I wish a cold case unit would take a new interest with fresh eyes here as we approach 2012. I will hope 2012 is the year a cold case unit will take a fresh approach to Sharons case.

Christina Lynn Carter was ruled out a long time ago. It's somewhere in the threads, but I don't know where.

I've always had two wishes for Sharon, as far as the search for her true identity. I wish her DNA could be compared to the CODIS criminal database. It's possible a match could come up that way as to her natural parents may be, but I understand that is illegal in almost all states, if not all states.

I don't recall if she was cremated or not, but there is also the angle to take one of her teeth and do the isotope (sp?) study. I don't know if it is the same with adult teeth as baby teeth, but this has been done on the baby teeth of UID pre-adolescent children in other cases.

Technology has changed so much since Shannon died. Heck, it's changed tremendously just in the last 5 years I've been reading WS. I wish a cold case unit would take a new interest with fresh eyes here as we approach 2012. I will hope 2012 is the year a cold case unit will take a fresh approach to Sharons case.

i think she was buried and not cremated and buried but i could be wrong

I am having trouble find the Beautiful Child facebook page. I tried Sharon Marshall too, no luck. Is there still a page?

I am having trouble find the Beautiful Child facebook page. I tried Sharon Marshall too, no luck. Is there still a page?

I just checked it. It's still up. Try searching 'A Beautiful Child'

Apparently Matt is working on a new book and probably not updating about Sharon all that much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back