OK - Tommy Wolf, 9, murdered, mom injured, Nichols Hills, 16 Nov 2009 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is so very tragic. I don't believe the Mom will ever be "fine."

I agree. The Mother has had her whole life ripped from her. It is very sad. What must she have gone through before it culminated in this murder?

http://www.koco.com/news/21652137/detail.html

medical examiner confirmed late Wednesday that a 9-year-old boy died from multiple stab wounds...
Dr. Wolf was not living with his wife and son at the time of the killing, The couple was having marital issues, sources said. Police said it is still too early in the investigation to reveal how Dr. Wolf ended up at his home on Elmhurst Avenue early Monday. The close family friend told Eyewitness News 5 that Mary Wolf was not afraid of her husband and that she does not believe he suffers from schizophrenia.

According to the story fabvab posted earlier (http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11531022) :

One theory already dismissed by investigators was illegal drug and alcohol abuse.

"There is no reason to suspect drugs and alcohol. From everyone we interviewed he used neither," Mask said.

Chief Mask wouldn't comment on whether Wolf was taking any prescribed medications, however he did acknowledge Wolf's fragile mental state.

medical examiner confirmed late Wednesday that a 9-year-old boy died from multiple stab wounds...
Dr. Wolf was not living with his wife and son at the time of the killing, The couple was having marital issues, sources said. Police said it is still too early in the investigation to reveal how Dr. Wolf ended up at his home on Elmhurst Avenue early Monday. The close family friend told Eyewitness News 5 that Mary Wolf was not afraid of her husband and that she does not believe he suffers from schizophrenia.

I actually wondered about the marital problems here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4441530&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Stephen P. Wolf MD arrested in connection with the death of his 9yo son (OKL)[/ame]

Soooo - they weren't even living together.

I'm starting to think maybe he is just another low-life man killing his child to get at his wife. I hope I'm wrong; it would be much easier on my heart if he proves to be mental!

I'm starting to think maybe he is just another low-life man killing his child to get at his wife. I hope I'm wrong; it would be much easier on my heart if he proves to be mental!

I totally agree with you and i also agree with the posters upthread who spoke to the fact that it could be mental illness.

Can you imagine if it is mental illness, and they get it "under control" in jail, how he will feel when he realizes what he did? Oh my God. There won't be any court that can punish him more than he will punish himself.

Uh oh...this sheds a different light on things...:waitasec:

Sounds like another control freak. Depression is one thing but losing control at the office and in his personal life? I think he is just another control freak with a "God Complex". My opinion is that he murdered the son to get even with the wife just like in some types of domestic homicides. He probably believed the boy was the "devil". Mom may not have wanted her son exposed to a crazy control freak and this is how it ended. He's just another abuser who ended up killing the one thing his wife probably cherished more than her own life.

Poor Mary. I hope she knows how many people are thinking about her. I hope her anger will get her through all this, will enable her to testfy against him in court and make sure he goes into that prison and never ever leaves.

This local (chan4, OK) story is followed by comments of persons who claim Mary Wolf suffered from a crippling rheumatoid arthritis, and was a very tiny woman.

It also repeats a statement confirmed above, that unspecified "marital difficulties" had resulted in Stephen Wolf out of the family home and living elsewhere.

There is overlap and uncertainty in psychiatric diagnoses. However, I think mere anger and vengeance, while they may be contributing factors, is not the whole of it: the whole picture, for the moment, is more consistent with a psychotic break, exacerbated by recent events in his life.

I think MW must have very much needed to preserve her marriage and support system, and coped with her husbands difficulties with some level of denial. That may be unfair in her own case, but I would not accept her present understanding of the depth of her husband's mental disease to reflect the full reality of what she was living with.

not trying to be snarky - I'm really sincere asking this because I'd never thought of it before:

Why is it that so often "the devil" is involved in psychotic breaks & mental illness? Why the devil??

Why not marshmallows or pink elephants, IYKWIM??

Why does something terrible have to happen???

Because mental and psychotic breaks are terrible - and so they are represented by our most terrible symbols.

KOCO update:

"Nichols Hills Police Chief Richard Mask told Eyewitness News 5 on Thursday afternoon that there were no obvious indications of alcohol or non-prescription drug abuse.

"Mask said investigators are looking into prescription medication."

http://www.koco.com/news/21667297/detail.html

may, ITA with you that this horrible episode originated from a mental illness. Without a doubt in my mind. Also, ITA that it is important for people to understand that.

I do, however, think it is just as important to bring to public's attention, the fact that mental illness in combination with meds/drugs/alcohol can carry severe side effects. These can alter the mind and in some minds the result can be an episode like this. I don't feel it's being used as a crutch as much as I feel it can be used as a testament to what the combination can result in.
Drugs that alter the mind, whether they be prescribed or used by way of self medicating, can carry dangerous side effects, especially when used in combination with each other and on top of a mental illness.
JMO

Amen! And sometimes the medications can CAUSE the symptoms it is intended to treat!

From this link, the Dr. was supposed to be in REHAB for drug and alcohol problems.

He's not crazy, just an addict.

:mad:
JMHO
fran

Often those of us who are "crazy" become addicts trying to self medicate.

I am wondering if the Dr. had been prescribed Prozac by his Psychiatrist?

http://www.sntp.net/prozac/wesbecker.htm

Whoa.. Whoa! That really isn't the type of site one should be using as "proof" of anything! That guy wouldn't know truth if it bit him in the face! He is a nut case.. not to mention a Scientologist! Of course he's talking crap about Prozac!

Charges Expected Against Nichols Hills Doctor Next Week

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11541293

"Police have already interviewed three family members including Wolf's wife, Mary, who was the only witness to the brutal murder of her son."
----
"Police filed another warrant Thursday morning to recover more information they consider essential for the case including '...blood, hair, fibers... and any writings or documents relevant to demonic possession of an individual...'"

Whoa.. Whoa! That really isn't the type of site one should be using as "proof" of anything! That guy wouldn't know truth if it bit him in the face! He is a nut case.. not to mention a Scientologist! Of course he's talking crap about Prozac!

There are lots of other websites out there listing the side effects of Prozac. Check them out!

There are lots of other websites out there listing the side effects of Prozac. Check them out!

I re-read my post and it did not come out the way I intended. I am sorry for the way I responded to your link! I know the side effects psychotropic meds can cause, I wasn't questioning your point, only the link. Again, I'm sorry for the way I responded. :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back