OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is what gets me How come authorities have not spoken with the ex yet ? I really wish to curse right now....:furious: but I will refrain .
You would think she would be someone they would want to talk with right away....

http://www.koco.com/news/21915932/detail.html

The search for a missing man has grown into a statewide investigation. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is now stepping in to help with the search, as Day's family has passed out more than 300 fliers.

I am glad they are finally getting involved. Jones is such a small PD. I don't think they have the resources to handle this case alone. I wish OSBI would have gotten involved sooner.

My boss is 47 and she texts nonstop, So i wouldn't blanket rule it. Here is a statistic from 2008.

Age statistics of People who Text Message:

1. 19% are ages 18-24

2. 24% are ages 25-34

3. 22% are ages 35-54

4. 19% are ages 45-54

Median age: 38

(http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1134713/fun_facts_about_text_messaging_.html?cat=9)

I will agree that most all business folks text message...however...I'm just not going to really believe those statistics are accurate! LOL...basically it is saying that age group 4 texts as much as age group 1. Fact is...where is age group 12-19? That would blow those numbers off the wall.

I was a close co-worker of Tony day, and we spent ten hours a day together for nearly a year...

I can tell you flatly, that there is no way this man just up and walked away... it wouldn't happen, definitely some foul play...

I can tell you the ex- girlfriends name is Candy Harris (not confirmed that last name)...

I can tell you she got married the morning Tony disappeared, (might be a marriage license record)...

I can tell you that Tony filed a VPO on this woman for stalking him at his house, and areas around his house, at early hours of the morning on many occasions the police were called and reports were filed for her stalking him... times as early as 4 -5 A.M.

I can tell you she failed to show up to visitations in which she had to check in at the county sheriffs office at least four times prior to the custody hearing set for the following day of Tony's disappearance...

I can tell you that for weeks prior to that court date, all tony could talk about was how excited he was to see his daughter, and most likely get emergency custody (as Candy was in contempt of court)...

I can tell you that tony told me and others that his ex- girlfriend threatened to make him disappear...

I can tell you that Tony loved his wife and kids deeply, and it is all he talked about ...

The VPO that was filed against Tony by her was bogus, and there were many lies she told her lawyer and the judge that she got caught in...

I can tell you despite all of Candy's best efforts, Tony handled the situations calm, cool, and waited on the courts...

There is no way that Tony just walked away...

From time to time he argued with his wife, but we all do...

Tony never ever would have just "snapped" and walked away...

I can also tell you that he hasn't spent a penny from his account or used his phone...

As far as the text message, well that is something Tony did every day, at least 30-40 times a day...

It was his primary form of communication with his wife while he was working...

"We need to talk" could have meant anything... from what to get for dinner, etc...

Tony texted her about every 2-3 minutes especially in the morning every day...

Anything else I can do to help, let me know... from time to time I'll check this forum...

Tony is (was) my friend, as well as my co-worker... and I miss him...

By the way...

The ex (Candy Harris) cannot be found (by authorities), won't answer calls, and is avoiding questioning...

What time was the text message "I need to talk to you" and where was his location at that text message time? Does anybody know? OR was this written above and I missed it? Why would someone text "I need to talk to you"...as opposed to calling on the phone and just talking? 46 is not exactly the "text messaging age group"...if you know what I mean.

The text was approximately 5:45 a.m. and it was Tony's primary form of communication with his wife (texting)... used to drive me crazy when he was driving and I was a passnger...

It was the last message he sent prior to disappearing at about 6:15 A.M.

The truck was outfitted with a very detailed GPS system, and whoever dumped the truck probably had no idea of this... (Tony did, but I am not assuming it was him who dumped the truck)...

If you know Tony, he doesn't go very far from his SKOAL... and it was still in the truck along with his lunch...

Whatever the situation... he left the truck in a hurry...

But again... tony texted all the time... he seldom spoke on the phone during the day because of company policies...

texting became a habit for him and his wife...

This is starting to sound very grim. Prayers for Tony safety and prayers for his family.

A. Peterson: Welcome to WS.
Thank you for filling in some of the story about Tony and about his ex girl friend.

Prayers for Tony and his family.

btw: Any family member or close friend must email Tricia, the adminstrator of WS.
Please contact the site owner for a brief interview. The owner must conduct the interview before people can post about personal involvement in cases.

Here is her information:
tgrif@xmission.com

Will do... contacting the admin right now...

Thanks for your prayers.... I have no peace about this (earthly peace) but this discussion is comforting...

Will do... contacting the admin right now...

Thanks for your prayers.... I have no peace about this (earthly peace) but this discussion is comforting...

A.Peterson thank you so much for your insight...it is always so helpful to have someone who knew Tony on the board.
My first thought was the Ex...although I did not know much info about her or their relationship...and the second nail for me was in the article where they said the authorites had not spoke with her yet..
I certainly hope he is OK and my prayers are with the family...I have been through a horrible experience with an ex for 8 years over custody and such...My ex stalked me even when I lived 200 miles away...
I am so sorry you are missing your friend...We are here to try and help if we can...

I think this new news from Tony's friend/coworker is very sad and indicates certain foul play, imo. Prayers are that he will be found and that whomever is "holding him" (I hope) will be caught. Going to take the positive route and hope that they only kidnapped him to keep him out of attending the hearing, and did not cause harm to him. However...hopes are fading quickly as the days go on and no site of Tony. Also...they have to be able to get indictments or something on that girlfriend. Maybe they are waiting to build their case against her. How awful this is happening to the friends and family that love Tony. Imagine the children. My prayers for them.

Here is one court doc. I found on the custody hearing:

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=063-JFP 0800296&County=063-

as per above court document:RJ has court date with Tony on Dec 4(day AFTER Tony went missing). On same document one of the lawyers motioned to withdraw as attorney on Dec 4. Defendant name on document RJ applied for marriage license on (it says Dec 5) http://www.newsok.com/article/3422718?searched=reda marriage&custom_click=search

*not sure if I could post their names here yet so just put links in

another day of zip, zilch, nada on news of Tony & what's going on w/ this case. :(

Thank you Texas Mist for the bump...I have been looking and looking for any new articles and nothing...I am ready to write the Gov. of OK to tell them how poorly they cover cases there in OK, and that LE needs to speak up more if they want help....

Thank you Texas Mist for the bump...I have been looking and looking for any new articles and nothing...I am ready to write the Gov. of OK to tell them how poorly they cover cases there in OK, and that LE needs to speak up more if they want help....

I hope your Gov. takes you seriously & takes some action MR....maybe you can tell him that DBF & I won't be going to OK any time soon....it scares me that people seem to just fall off the radar there.

I don't know how they think people can help if Tony's story isn't kept out there.

The family may not know what to do either....I hope Tony's friend comes back to post again.

Thank you Texas Mist for the bump...I have been looking and looking for any new articles and nothing...I am ready to right the Gov. of OK to tell them how poorly they cover cases there in OK, and that LE needs to speak up more if they want help....

This case, sadly, exemplifies how most cases seem to unfold here in OK: if someone goes missing close to an urban area, we get maybe three days'-worth of news, then little...less...nothing. If a case occurs away from the two urban centers, we may get nothing at all (Gary Arrington's case did not appear in the Tulsa World and was covered by only one [of three] Tulsa TV channels, and Eufaula is not that far from Tulsa; the Jamison family's case received very little coverage---a little when they were reported missing---and now appears to be dead in the water).

I'm hoping the Daily Oklahoman will run an article on Mr. Day tomorrow in their Sunday editon. Not holding my breath, mind. But the Oklahoman's recent article on Pastor Daniels's murder in Anadarko at least shows they i) are trying, and ii) are willing to get in OSBI's face when a major crime goes unsolved. And it seems that Mr. Day's disappearance may indeed be the result of a major crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back