OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police knowing probable cause for missing women, and then proving it, are far apart. There is a whole lot of land out there, guess they will be alot churning up the ground to plant seeds.
The police won't necessarily be needing to search all that land on foot, hopefully helicopters looking for recently disturbed land may be enough.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that though, as I like to be hopeful. Although the tme these women have been missing indicates to me they probably won't turn up alive.

Asking Equusearch would take a family member, which sure seems to be JK's husband. Has anyone heard of relatives of VB?
Butler's stepmother, Guadalupe Torres, and father, Clinton Butler, separately told NBC News that Veronica had been engaged in a heated custody dispute.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Per their website, they do have to have permission from LE to get involved, but unless LE actually knows where the women are and are keeping it under wraps for some reason, I think they absolutely should allow Equusearch to assist in the search. With the extremely rural environment, I think they'd be perfect for helping find the missing women.
Even though it is very rural, most of the area is all private property; ranches and farms. Permission must be granted by each property owner for Equusearch to search their land.
Not all people want or will allow searches on their property.

Last edited:
Court records seen by the outlet show a custody case was opened in late March 2015 and closed almost a month later.

Court records show a custody case was opened in 2021.

CORRECTION (April 4, 2024, 4:25 p.m. ET): A previous version of this article misstated the timeline of the custody battle. The case opened in 2021, not 2015.

If this ends up in a way the general consensus isn't leaning, I'll be astonished. But also HOW stupid would someone have to be to pull something like this WITH this kind of background information? Don't get me wrong; anyone who follows true crime in any capacity knows that often logic is not remotely at the heart of the actions of those involved in situations like this, but good grief...
I'm thinking along similar lines.

Based on MSM reports and the limited court documents available to the public we know there's been a long-standing custody battle in place.

IMO, if the disappearance of these two women is in any way tied to this custody battle, then logic suggests anyone and everyone involved in the custody dispute would be investigated carefully by LE for possible involvement. MOO, but based on the lack of detailed case information released to the public so far, this process may be ongoing at this time.

There are MANY theories in this thread about what may have happened to VB and JK. Without specifics from LE, there's just no way for the public to know for certain what happened.

I just don't know what to think. I think the custody issue is at the heart of this. I read up thread that the father of these children got out of jail two weeks ago. Did I miss how long he was incarcerated for and who had the children at the time? I read the links about the custody back and forth, and I will say it made me feel like I needed to shower in bleach. I understand that they were very young when their children were born, but someone should have shaken both of them and reminded them that they needed to love their kids more than they hated each other. My husband and I are helping my oldest daughter raise our grandchildren (long story, but these boys were birthed by my youngest daughter and born with various substances in their systems. My oldest daughter adopted them), and I wish this situation in Oklahoma has a happy ending, although I don't see it happening. I just hope answers come this week, for the children's sake.

So what do they grow and farm out there? I realize that hopefully there will be choppers and drones surveying the land. But it is spring and a lot of dirt moving will be going on. Probably plenty of ponds around also. But I figure they are already buried......moo

The police won't necessarily be needing to search all that land on foot, hopefully helicopters looking for recently disturbed land may be enough.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that though, as I like to be hopeful. Although the tme these women have been missing indicates to me they probably won't turn up alive.
Not just helicopters, but drones and with the OBI involved, LIDAR may be a viable option for ground disturbances.

So what do they grow and farm out there? I realize that hopefully there will be choppers and drones surveying the land. But it is spring and a lot of dirt moving will be going on. Probably plenty of ponds around also. But I figure they are already buried......moo
Barley, Sorgum, corn, oats. Also lots of ranches.

Do they have to flood the fields with those crops (excluding corn) like they do with rice? Just wondering.
No, these crops are not paddy based. As a trivia side note, rice can also be grown "dry" as well.

Dry rice, brown rice or white rice aside, the area in question is far too dry to support any kind of paddy based agriculture.

Moo...they knew there were 2 people, this is basically an assassination . Even if police know who did what, still gotta prove it. The children will not get taken, they are safe.
Police knowing probable cause for missing women, and then proving it, are far apart. There is a whole lot of land out there, guess they will be alot churning up the ground to plant seeds.
I wish I was as confident as you. I can’t get Josh Powell and his shady dad/siblings out of my head and what he did to those poor boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB