Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone cares to, you can scroll back several months and see my comments about the funerals being held at the same time. I think I commented that it bothered me at the time and although I haven't thought about it awhile, I guess it still does. I'd assume there would have been people wanting to attend both. What was also interesting was how this case just dropped off the edge of the earth right after the funerals. The Omaha World Herald had utterly nothing for two months- refused to print any letters to the editor- I know at least two persons wrote about public safety issues and their letters never appeared. I have lived here for over 35 years. I know when the powers that be are trying to kill a story. That is how it felt then. It's how it feels now, and they are winning. Most people in Omaha that still follow this think it will never be solved.
Local media has done a few things in the past six months, mostly I think at the urging of the families who got tired of the feeling that OPD and the media wanted this case to just vanish.
My feeling now is that I would not be surprised to learn that OPD is not doing squat on this case. Remember they refused to let AMW run a story?
Maybe they have something big they are working on- I sure as hell hope they do. Because this thing is starting to feel and smell like a coverup. Of what? Poor police work at the crime scene due to understaffing? Involvement of powerful figures in the Creighton community not wanting to bring the old school into disrepute? Fear of embarassing someone if the real motive came out?
Well that's my rant and it was long overdue. I hope the word I got that OPD is looking at this thread is correct. Because you need to know how a lot of us feel. Betrayed.

I hear what you are saying snick ... Thinking I may look up City Council Members and see if we can demand some action!!!!!!!!!!

I moved to Omaha shortly after the tragic Hunter/Sherman murders and have been extremely bothered, like many people, by the lack of answers and unwillingness to talk about what happened. I didn't even know Thomas or Shirley but have spent many hours trying to figure out what could have happened on that horrible March afternoon. I've been in that neighborhood before and am surprised at how many people are out and about walking, running, etc. and find it hard to believe that noone could provide any more details than what were provided on the man allegedly seen entering the Hunter home; makes me wonder if it was some kind of an insider job. I feel it is most likely the boy was targeted. He was obviously a talented kid and advanced for his age and I think someone wanted him dead based on jealousy or rage against parents for some unknown reason. I really hope this gets solved. I've read this entire websleuths so sorry for the lack of originality this case just disturbes me since I ended up working with someone close to the victims. I'll be following....

I moved to Omaha shortly after the tragic Hunter/Sherman murders and have been extremely bothered, like many people, by the lack of answers and unwillingness to talk about what happened. I didn't even know Thomas or Shirley but have spent many hours trying to figure out what could have happened on that horrible March afternoon. I've been in that neighborhood before and am surprised at how many people are out and about walking, running, etc. and find it hard to believe that noone could provide any more details than what were provided on the man allegedly seen entering the Hunter home; makes me wonder if it was some kind of an insider job. I feel it is most likely the boy was targeted. He was obviously a talented kid and advanced for his age and I think someone wanted him dead based on jealousy or rage against parents for some unknown reason. I really hope this gets solved. I've read this entire websleuths so sorry for the lack of originality this case just disturbes me since I ended up working with someone close to the victims. I'll be following....

Hi and nice to have you with us.
My rant in the last posting maybe was a little overboard- actually I think the Omaha World Herald has done a lot to keep this case out in front of the public. They can only do so much if LE doesn't give even basic information.
If you have read this thread you will have seen all kinds of theories. Many of the more recent ones are along the lines you mentioned- anger against Tom's parents.
What continues to amaze me is the lack of any indication from OPD that anything at all is happening in this case. Maybe I'm wrong but in past unsloved cases I think they would at least have press releases etc to assure the public it was being worked on. This one seemed to have just died right after the funerals. There was a flap a few months ago but only after the Hunter family became more public- so did Shirlee's family. I wonder if anyone knew that OPD didn't even have any mention of this case on their Crime Stoppers site until January of this year?? Someone in the victims' families got on their case. This whole thing has been like this. It's as if someone in LE wants this thing to just go away.
Don't want to put you in a difficult spot but, has the person you know ever expressed anything to you about what they think about how OPD is handling this case?

Snick,
No, there has never been any discussion at all. It's pretty obvious noone is to bring it up which only adds to the intrigue.

Po Boy, :Welcome-12-june:

I am glad you have joined us on this thread and look forward to your thoughts and participation.

There are alot of nice people here who genuinely desire justice for Tom and Shirlee. We are fortunate to have intelligent sleuths contributing to this case. It's great to have You. Please keep posting!

Sincerly, matilda:)

Snick,
No, there has never been any discussion at all. It's pretty obvious noone is to bring it up which only adds to the intrigue.

Yes, the silence of all involved in the case is so pentrating it causes a ringing in my ears!

Snick,

Thanks for posting po boy and welcome!!!
Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts in this case.

Why is the FBI involved in this case?

I have given thought to this question as well. My guess is that the more (pseudo?) professional killing aspect of this case caused LE to believe that it may have been a murder for hire. The FBI investigates murder for hire.

Sad to hear that there have been no developments in this case whatsoever. I wish Thomas or Shirlee could come back for a moment and just enlighten us about who their killer was. And I sorely wish that the killer would come forward. :(

I have given thought to this question as well. My guess is that the more (pseudo?) professional killing aspect of this case caused LE to believe that it may have been a murder for hire. The FBI investigates murder for hire.

Sad to hear that there have been no developments in this case whatsoever. I wish Thomas or Shirlee could come back for a moment and just enlighten us about who their killer was. And I sorely wish that the killer would come forward. :(

Thanks for participating and welcome to the thread!
Yes that may have been why the FBI came in. This may still be in play.
There is a reading under the Forensic Astrology case briefings thread we had done a couple months ago that strongly suggests this was a hit. Per them, two persons involved, crime was planned at some distance from Omaha with the plot coming together just a few days prior. Motive was unclear. Person doing the reading feels 'schools are involved'- Creighton or Tom's school, which?

I wonder if either one of the parents had served as a juror on a high profile case sometime before the murders where the defendent was found guilty?

I wonder if either one of the parents had served as a juror on a high profile case sometime before the murders where the defendent was found guilty?

Hi YellowDog! That's a possible motive I don't believe we've considered! I wonder how many possible motives have been discussed on this thread? I may go through and list them all so that we can take a new look, pick them apart and see what we come up with.

I am impatient I guess and need something new to do while we suffer the enduring silence of LE while doing their job. :banghead:

Look forward to that, would be nice to have everything brought forward into one post.

Hi all! My apologies for not compiling the theories yet as I've been dealing with other stuff and time has been limited. Just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten, I'm just behind :~(

No worries WM, hope all is well with you and yours :blowkiss:

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=10576889

Thank you dahlin'! :blowkiss: All is well, I've had company and am preparing for more is all! My 'puter time has been limited.

Thanks for the link! It is great to see Omaha LE taking proactive steps in solving these crimes! I just wish they'd stop being clandestine and release a few tidbits for us to sleuth!

Hi all back from vacation. Thanks for keeping the torch lit while I was awat.
Po Boy, you can contact me privately via private message- you apparently dont have that option enabled. I usually do not use email to talk off the board, just PM me and I will be right back to discuiss your input, thanks.

Po Boy- to enable PMing, go to your progile- edit options, then under mesaging and notifications check enable private messaging.
You can then click on my ID anywhere and get a menu that includes send private message.

Welcome back Snick, hope you had a relaxing vacation :Banane23:
Sadly ... My internet research says no new developments, less you have any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme