Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's too cold for fungus to grow in cow patties. I was thinking more like the boyfriend was planning to steal something out there. ATV or fuel. Did the truck break down or run out of gas?
Psilocybe cyanescens, they like the cool weather but not a hard freeze. Allyson and her boyfriend were out there looking for something, hopefully it wasn't for houses in the area to ripoff.
Psilocybe cyanescens - Wikipedia

Psilocybe cyanescens, they like the cool weather but not a hard freeze. Allyson and her boyfriend were out there looking for something, hopefully it wasn't for houses in the area to ripoff.
This is interesting. It does state that certain species can be known to grow in or around woodchip suppliers. Any mulch suppliers in the area of the stolen vehicle?

This is interesting. It does state that certain species can be known to grow in or around woodchip suppliers. Any mulch suppliers in the area of the stolen vehicle?
It would be helpful to know more about the stolen vehicle. Was it a case of being outright stolen or something less nefarious like a rental car that hadn't been returned on time?

Keaton Thomas on Twitter
The command post for search efforts is still at North Plains Elementary School. #LiveOnK2
EM5mf8vVUAASQZ3.jpg

12:16 PM - 28 Dec 2019

Keaton Thomas on Twitter
In and around North Plains you'll find signs like these along busy streets. Deputies say this is the number they want you to call if you know anything about where Allyson might be: 503-846-2700 #LiveOnK2
EM5oKmuUEAA9ji3.jpg
EM5oKnGVUAAAki8.jpg

12:23 PM - 28 Dec 2019

Keaton Thomas on Twitter
You'll find plenty of community support in the search for Allyson. Gabriel Martinez, owner of Hits the Spot Cafe in North Plains, says someone attached a missing person flyer to their window on Tuesday. After, he says they brought coffee and pastries to search crews. #LiveOnK2
EM5qFlpUYAAxmmf.jpg
EM5qFmFUEAADxJj.jpg

12:32 PM - 28 Dec 2019

The "stolen truck" is in itself a mystery. In the last press conference, the police say that a homeowner found Ben in his truck (in the cab, presumably on his property, time stamp 5:39) as well as say that they(LE) found the truck then found Ben nearby(time stamp 2:30). Which one is it?

i can't understand why allysons parents did not report her missing. the timeline as i understand it has allysons last contact with her parents on 12/20. so the bf dad reports @5:30pm on the 23rd. only thing i can figure is allyson might do these disappearing acts every now and then so her parents were not too concerned that they had not heard anything for 2 or 3 days?

The "stolen truck" is in itself a mystery. In the last press conference, the police say that a homeowner found Ben in his truck (in the cab, presumably on his property, time stamp 5:39) as well as say that they(LE) found the truck then found Ben nearby(time stamp 2:30). Which one is it?
I thought there were two trucks. 1) the truck in which BG was found early Sunday morning, and 2) the one police found that afternoon which was determined to be stolen.

Or, am I confused? :confused::oops:

Crews head on out day 5 of Allyson Watterson search
Authorities have not said how they connected Garlard to the stolen truck found in the area where Garland was sleeping in a stranger’s truck.

This link has extended footage of the search area.

I thought of mushroom hunting, but they could have actually been visiting a friend, or they could have been doing something more innocent like looking for an xmas tree.

The Monday morning after Allyson supposedly disappeared, Ben was found sleeping inside the cab of a man's truck, soaking wet. That man gave him ride home (afiak to his dad's house). Ben told his dad that he and Allyson had been 'hiking' in the Old Pumpkin Road area the night before when he crashed the car they were driving/it broke down, at which point he and Allyson became separated while looking for help. They went back to the area to search for her for a few hours, and then Ben's dad called to report Allyson missing. When LE arrived in the area, they located a stolen truck and Ben and were able to connect him to it, arresting him for that and probation violations. LE later stated 'there is certainly no broken down car'.

i can't understand why allysons parents did not report her missing. the timeline as i understand it has allysons last contact with her parents on 12/20. so the bf dad reports @5:30pm on the 23rd. only thing i can figure is allyson might do these disappearing acts every now and then so her parents were not too concerned that they had not heard anything for 2 or 3 days?

I wonder that too - did they just not know how to get in touch with her family? I wonder where Allyson was living?

I am also wondering now what the true nature of her relationship is with Ben. They didn't interact on social media and didn't go to the same high school, nor is Ben on the friend list of Allyson's teenage fb profile (leading me to believe they met in more recent years).

This link has extended footage of the search area.

I thought of mushroom hunting, but they could have actually been visiting a friend, or they could have been doing something more innocent like looking for an xmas tree.

The Monday morning after Allyson supposedly disappeared, Ben was found sleeping inside the cab of a man's truck, soaking wet. That man gave him ride home (afiak to his dad's house). Ben told his dad that he and Allyson had been 'hiking' in the Old Pumpkin Road area the night before when he crashed the car they were driving/it broke down, at which point he and Allyson became separated while looking for help. They went back to the area to search for her for a few hours, and then Ben's dad called to report Allyson missing. When LE arrived in the area, they located a stolen truck and Ben and were able to connect him to it, arresting him for that and probation violations. LE later stated 'there is certainly no broken down car'.

I wonder that too - did they just not know how to get in touch with her family? I wonder where Allyson was living?

I am also wondering now what the true nature of her relationship is with Ben. They didn't interact on social media and didn't go to the same high school, nor is Ben on the friend list of Allyson's teenage fb profile (leading me to believe they met in more recent years).
She's listed as a friend on his facebook page.

There are two trucks, the stolen one, and the one he was found sleeping in.

Although there is no “broken down car”, there is the stolen truck that was in the vicinity and I believe this is the vehicle that either crashed or broke down...

The stolen truck, IMO, is all tied into this somehow.

I THINK I’m leaning towards misadventure at this point, possibly a head injury or something that contributed....although if that is the case I’m surprised that she hasn’t been found yet.

Depending on how cold it’s been I imagine SAR is looking for places she could have tried to burrow if she became hypothermic. Or signs of paradoxical undressing.
^^^BBM: I was wondering about paradoxical undressing as well. I thought maybe some of the "clues" LE hinted at might have been clothing.

Your guess is as good as mine.
This case is all over the place.
Was hoping that there'd be answers by now. :(

There are two trucks, the stolen one, and the one he was found sleeping in.

Although there is no “broken down car”, there is the stolen truck that was in the vicinity and I believe this is the vehicle that either crashed or broke down...

The stolen truck, IMO, is all tied into this somehow.
Thanks for clearing this up, @Beth11311 !
I read this after posting.
Went back to edit.

Zanders on Twitter
The search for Allyson Watterson continues today from North Plains Elementary. About 75-100 trained searchers from agencies around Oregon, SW Washington are participating in what is now Day 5 of the search. @fox12oregon
EM50LabUYAEwckf.jpg

1:16 PM - 28 Dec 2019 from Oregon, USA

WCSO Oregon on Twitter
Allyson’s family asked us to share more photos of her #FindAllyson
EM53eyLUcAAkasi.jpg
EM53eyJU4AArPw7.jpg
EM53eyKUwAA3Vaj.jpg
EM53eyKU8AAncP-.jpg

1:30 PM - 28 Dec 2019

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics