Found Alive OR - Dr. Ashley Laird, 37, Jacksonville, 26 August 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We need a map, unfortunately I'm not a mapper :(

And a timeline, but there's not much to go on, here's what I have gleaned so far from husband's interview & social media:

- Last seen ~ 9.30 am Friday 26 leaving home on South 3rd Street to go for a run (by husband?)
- Usually runs 1 - 11/2 hours, &/or ~10 miles
- runs on the roads not trails; South Stage Rd & Old Stage Rd have been mentioned
- doesn't have a set route when she runs, she varies it (as per husband)
- no cell phone
- doesn't appear to use tracking data/apps (that I can find) for her runs
- there have been a couple of UNCONFIRMED possible sightings mentioned on SM which have been reported (allegedly)

The good news is that there's a lot of local support for searches, & drones are being used, & there's good coverage on SM & in local MSM.

Some random thoughts I have:
- how many times a week does she run? Does she always run alone?
- is she a member of a local running group/club?
- what's her usual work schedule? (When was she last at work, when was her next shift?)
- are she & her husband long term residents of the area? If not, how long have they lived there?

She looks very very young. And she's very small. If she had some kind of accident, it would be (unfortunately) easy for her to be lying invisible in a ditch (for example) :( .

ETA: some information I hadn't seen:
http://m.mailtribune.com/article/20160827/NEWS/160829699
"Dan Arnold, Laird's husband, said Saturday afternoon that search and rescue volunteers looked along flat paved roads near their home with no luck. Arnold said Laird had been nursing injuries to her knee and hip, so she had been avoiding hill runs, but no clues had turned up." (BBM)

Not getting a stranger abduction vibe here. My first though is suicide. Second, someone she knows and is very close to has harmed her.

If she has a work cellphone, wouldn't she want to keep that cellphone on her since she is an emergency doctor? Wouldn't she want to have it handy incase of a work emergency?

What happens if she needed it for a real emergency? Oh wait… Yeah, she needs that phone, like right now...

IMOO.
It's possible that she wasn't on-call, and didn't want to take a chance of being contacted on her run. I have a family member who's a medical professional and does the same thing. I think it helps them enjoy their relaxation time more. :)

We need a map, unfortunately I'm not a mapper :(

And a timeline, but there's not much to go on, here's what I have gleaned so far from husband's interview & social media:

- Last seen ~ 9.30 am Friday 26 leaving home on South 3rd Street to go for a run (by husband?)
- Usually runs 1 - 11/2 hours, &/or ~10 miles
- runs on the roads not trails; South Stage Rd & Old Stage Rd have been mentioned
- doesn't have a set route when she runs, she varies it (as per husband)
- no cell phone
- doesn't appear to use tracking data/apps (that I can find) for her runs
- there have been a couple of UNCONFIRMED possible sightings mentioned on SM which have been reported (allegedly)

The good news is that there's a lot of local support for searches, & drones are being used, & there's good coverage on SM & in local MSM.

Some random thoughts I have:
- how many times a week does she run? Does she always run alone?
- is she a member of a local running group/club?
- what's her usual work schedule? (When was she last at work, when was her next shift?)
- are she & her husband long term residents of the area? If not, how long have they lived there?

She looks very very young. And she's very small. If she had some kind of accident, it would be (unfortunately) easy for her to be lying invisible in a ditch (for example) :( .

ETA: some information I hadn't seen:
http://m.mailtribune.com/article/20160827/NEWS/160829699
"Dan Arnold, Laird's husband, said Saturday afternoon that search and rescue volunteers looked along flat paved roads near their home with no luck. Arnold said Laird had been nursing injuries to her knee and hip, so she had been avoiding hill runs, but no clues had turned up." (BBM)
IIRC, she wasn't reported missing until 9 pm? I wonder why she wasn't missed sooner.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

"Ask a Doctor:Emergency Department by Ashley Laird, MD August 16, 2013"

Article with questions and answers from Ashley.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/health/article_24de7d94-0696-11e3-ba51-0019bb2963f4.html

ETA:
from the article, link above,

"Laird grew up in the small town of Coos Bay, Ore.," (snipped by me) "She met her husband while in school at Stanford and they made many trips to Yosemite together to pursue rock climbing and backpacking."

IIRC, she wasn't reported missing until 9 pm? I wonder why she wasn't missed sooner.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Good question. I just watched the video of DA saying he started to worry after 2.5 hours. So it took him 7 more hours to call?

Good question. I just watched the video of DA saying he started to worry after 2.5 hours. So it took him 7 more hours to call?
'

Maybe they were having relationship issues and after that amount of time ( 2 and a half hours) maybe he thought she left, but would come back…? And when she didn't come back, he called authorities??

IMOO.

Wow! Everyone should read through the comments made TO the Find Ashley Laird page.

ETA - the post I'm looking at has two photos.

Wow! Everyone should read through the comments made TO the Find Ashley Laird page.

??? I see nothing extraordinary from people posting directly on the page or commenting on existing posts. Could you be more specific?

I'm not seeing anything that makes me say "wow"? Which post are you looking at? Can you link it (it's allowed as it's an "official" page)

??? I see nothing extraordinary from people posting directly on the page or commenting on existing posts. Could you be more specific?
It's on posts from people who visit the page. It's an individual post on the page, not a comment under a post. It's a little tricky to get to posts from visitors.
Searchers photographed some items. It's not groundbreaking, but it certainly could be, if related.

Is that a facebook page? Thanks.
Yes, linked on page 1 or 2. I'm not able to link right now. I'm sorry :(
You can also search, "Ashley Laird Jacksonville" on Facebook. It should come up pretty quickly. That's how I found it.

It's on posts from people who visit the page. It's an individual post on the page, not a comment under a post. It's a little tricky to get to posts from visitors.
Searchers photographed some items. It's not groundbreaking, but it certainly could be, if related.

Oh, the men's clothes found in the brush? OK. Didn't strike me as very important. Did it you?

Can you provide a link? Thank you.

ETA: found the visitor post you are talking about. Poster was advised to contact LE & says s/he has done so..

For others here who are searching for the comment on the Find Ashley page on FB, it's a visitor post, by RVH

Didn't strike me as very important. Did it you?
Definitely. I'm just not sure if we can discuss it here. I have theories I put ahead of this one, but they should be checked, I think.

Definitely. I'm just not sure if we can discuss it here. But if those were clothes the perp was wearing, and changed, it could be significant. I have theories I put ahead of this one, but they should be checked, I think.

Sometimes these "find so-and-so" FB pages are off limits until approved by a mod, so I understand why you did not post a link. Thanks for clarifying.

Sometimes these "find so-and-so" FB pages are off limits until approved by a mod, so I understand why you did not post a link. Thanks for clarifying.
Sure! I'm also pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss the details from the pages. It's not MSM. I'm going to edit my post.

And like I said, it's not my top theory or anything, but a remote possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back