Found Alive OR - Dr. Ashley Laird, 37, Jacksonville, 26 August 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see what Dateline Fan is writing about. It's in the visitor section on the right side of the page. It's a photo of a place and next to that , if you click on the photo, there's a photo of discarded items of male clothing within a shallow grassy depression on a trail. If this is against TOS, please delete. Someone out searching took a photo of marker post for reference to area and another photo of the items which may or may not be related.

Definitely. I'm just not sure if we can discuss it here. I have theories I put ahead of this one, but they should be checked, I think.
or even a transient that may have seen something...

Geez, it's been over 48 hours now. I hope that she is found soon. I wonder what provisions she had, like water or energy bars. Or if there are even cell phone signals in that area. Looks remote. Praying for her safe return.

Has it rained recently? The paper bag looks dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, it's been over 48 hours now. I hope that she is found soon. I wonder what provisions she had, like water or energy bars. Or if there are even cell phone signals in that area. Looks remote. Praying for her safe return.

BBM: she had no cell phone, nor any "smart" devices (Fitbit, etc) with her, according to admins (family & friends) of the Find Ashley Laird page.
https://m.facebook.com/Find-Ashley-Laird-1794196887524279/

FWIW: My "gut" is - for the moment - leaning towards an accident scenario. However, I *do* have a few niggly feelings that are bothering me about some aspects of the story so far.

The "tone" of family (that I've observed on FB, etc.) has been more of sadness, not panic. I'm really wondering if suicide note was found. The urging to check personal property without a real panic/fear, the lack of reporting her missing for so long into the day.....I don't know. I could be wrong, but it's still the feeling I have here.

The "tone" of family (that I've observed on FB, etc.) has been more of sadness, not panic. I'm really wondering if suicide note was found. The urging to check personal property without a real panic/fear, the lack of reporting her missing for so long into the day.....I don't know. I could be wrong, but it's still the feeling I have here.

You could be right, in my opinion...

I so hope you're wrong (in the nicest possible way I can say that). I'm going to go back & check reports for what was said exactly about when she was reported missing v when she was last seen, but that will have to wait a bit while I get on with RL stuff.

I also want to run a search on rumours of abductions/attempted abductions/attacks on runners in the region - when I have time...

If she has a work cellphone, wouldn't she want to keep that cellphone on her since she is an emergency doctor? Wouldn't she want to have it handy incase of a work emergency?

What happens if she needed it for a real emergency? Oh wait… Yeah, she needs that phone, like right now...

IMOO.

The majority of ER Physicians aren't typically on call and they usually have scheduled 12 or 24 hour shifts. Unless they have a dual role, i.e., Physician/Administrator.

I agree Treelights, it's hard for me to understand why someone wouldn't carry a cell phone. Even if you don't want to be attached to it at least use it for emergencies. I don't care how low the crime rate is.......crime is not prejudice and it happens everywhere.

Why does the poster say Jacksonville, OR? Isn't it FL?

Oregon is correct. There are Jacksonvilles in several states.
aa393771a5f28af9097839df7c2d3b18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There HAS been one report on Facebook that she was seen running that morning. It has been reported to the police. If not for that I would wonder if she ever went running that morning. As for going running, and knowing intimately a physician the same age, I cannot imagine her running without a phone and I mean CANNOT.

What is working against her...

no cellphone
no smart devices to track where she is
no set route to know exactly where to look for her
no known note of "honey this is my exact route for today"

If she set out to do these purposely then it works in her favor, sadly.

I wonder if she carried Anything for self defense? Pepper Spray?

Does she run for several hours with or without water?

Does she wear a watch when she runs?

Does she carry her house keys on her?

Does she wear a whistle to blow?

IMOO.

There HAS been one report on Facebook that she was seen running that morning. It has been reported to the police. If not for that I would wonder if she ever went running that morning. As for going running, and knowing intimately a physician the same age, I cannot imagine her running without a phone and I mean CANNOT.

Was she positively identified or did the person think that it looked like her?

On the Find Ashley Facebook page it was just updated that Ashley has been found and is conscious. SAR is working on the extraction and more details will follow.

Extraction from SAR…. wow! I hope she is ok!!! Great news she was found alive!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back