OR - Emilio Hoffman, 14, killed in Troutdale high school shooting, 10 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a Jared Padgett, Reynolds High, on Facebook but the looks of the profile is a bit confusing.

Reads like his is/was in the military?

CNN just said the shooter was a 15-year old freshman that rode the bus to school and carried the gun inside a guitar case.

9 loaded magazines and wearing a vest a cammo helmet. :eek:

There is a Jared Padgett, Reynolds High, on Facebook but the looks of the profile is a bit confusing.

CNN just said the shooter was a 15-year old freshman that rode the bus to school and carried the gun inside a guitar case.

Could be just saying that? His friends list is full of Reynolds High School students.

I'm confused now. If you look at that FB and read one of his sister's timelines, it doesn't seem to be him?

I think it is him. JMO One of his sisters was posting yesterday worried about him because she hadn't gotten word from the school if he was okay--tragic.

I think it is him. JMO One of his sisters was posting yesterday worried about him because she hadn't gotten word from the school if he was okay--tragic.

Yeah I added that to my post before you posted. How terrible. :(

I see that facebook page as well. He has a facebook "friend" that also posted condolences on Emilio's girlfriends page, so it may be him.

9 loaded magazines and wearing a vest a cammo helmet. :eek:

Of course he was. It's more difficult for a 15 year old to buy cigarettes than it is for him to stockpile ammunition for an automatic weapon.

SMFH.

Just another Tuesday in the USA...until we DO SOMETHING about it!

Local email alert from WDIV (Detroit):

ClickOnDetroit.com National Breaking News

==============================
National Breaking News
==============================

Police ID Ore. school shooting gunman

Police have identified the shooter who killed a student at an Oregon high school Tuesday as Jared Padgett, 15.

Maxine Bernstein @maxoregonian · 2m
Reynolds school district spokeswoman Andrea Watson said she just learned name of shooter and doesn't know of his school record or discipline

Police recovered 9 loaded magazines with several 100s of rounds of ammunition on Padgett

Jared Michael Padget is the name of the shooter.

Carrying an AR-15 Type Assault Rifle. ...in a guitar case. He is a 15 year old freshman, arrived at school via the bus. LE cannot answer how Jared Padget obtained the gun, whether it came from his house or not, as it is part of the ongoing investigation.

Hearing the details makes me furious all over again.

He used an AR-15 type of rifle, owned by his family, that he obtained after removing it from its secured storage place, said Troutdale Chief Scott Anderson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/i...school_shooting_troutda.html#incart_big-photo

How did he get this gun from a 'secured' storage space? I'm really tired of people getting access to other family members guns.

Oregon Police Say School Shooter Was 15-Year-Old Freshman

Oregon police on Wednesday identified the gunman in the Reynolds High School shooting as Jared Michael Padgett, a 15-year-old freshman.

They said he had no apparent connection to the fellow freshman he shot and killed before wounding a teacher and then eventually turning the gun on himself...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hool-shooter-was-15-year-old-freshman-n128671

Yikes on the amount of ammo....obviously could have been much worse.

Did he "chicken out" on his plan? Or was a cornered too quickly?

Thank god for whatever the reason. And thank god he didn't hurt his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back