OR - Emilio Hoffman, 14, killed in Troutdale high school shooting, 10 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Scared the hell out of me anyhow!!!!! I thought it was !!

Yeah, I've seen it posted elsewhere and people thought it was real. There is real footage out there of Columbine, without sound I believe.

Garden - check out the video earlier of one of these drills - I was shocked and they are doing this in elementary schools. - that is just ugh...................

Def trauma inducing...........the world is not a safe place..that is what little people need most..... a predictable outcome........order ......understandable.........so they can grow up and develop

man I learned stuff today and I do not like what I have learned.....I dont know i just did not know they were practicing for the mentally ill with Ak+47's on a regular basis........ I feel so like dumb .............how could you not know I asked myself on more than one occassion when reading some the posts here today like the lockers....the backpacks...........the actual practicing for shooters.....like specfic for armed people.........................thats messed up folks

did you all know they were drilling for gunman on a regular basis ??..

very sad state of affairs here ..............

Yes, we have been doing it about five or 6 times a year since Columbine, Elementary school. Lock down.

Try figuring out how to tell your students they must be totally silent and why.

One kindergarten teacher would tell her a deer was running around so they must be quiet.

I don't even remember what I told my students.

I am angry at the shooters,but at least I understand that they are angry because of different issues in their lives.

What I don't understand is that "normal" people are willing to accept this as a way of life. That angers me a whole lot

Is it possible that it is really taking this long to notify the shooters family?

Re the PE teacher and former coach:
<snipped>

'He was being looked at by every major university. He was going to be all-American,' Nelson said.
However, his career came to an end after a head-on collision with a line backer that sent him to the hospital and nearly paralyzed him.
After that injury, Rispler set his sights on becoming a teacher and coach.
He went on to get a masters of education from Portland State University before returning home to Reynolds where he currently teaches PE and has coached basketball, football and track. He was even voted state track coach of the year once.
'He loves to coach kids,'Rispler's older brother Bob said. 'He's very encouraging. He's technically astute. He has a great rapport with kids.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eported-Oregon-high-school.html#ixzz34IZT8Y86
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
With the two victims of this shooting being involved in athletics (Emilio was a member of the JV soccer team and expected to make the varsity team next year), I'm thinking the shooter may have been cut from a team that Rispler had coached (basketball, football or track) in a previous year. Doesn't say how long ago Rispler coached, but seems Rispler was targeted by the gunman so the gunman may having been carrying a lot of resentment toward Rispler for a while. And he may have shot Emilio out of jealousy because Emilio was a successful athlete.

JMO. I've been reading various opinions here on what factors contributed to this tragedy and other recent rampages, and I think one common element is jealousy/resentment toward the victim. IMO it's a product of an entitled society -- the rejection of right and wrong, the idea that everyone's a winner, and the demand for recognition and autonomy. JMO

What is wrong with this world? Everday something else. I count myself lucky...something I would never have said...for never having children.

I just want to clarify...I would be sick and worried everyday if they were out of my sight.
I am sure a lot will disagree, but I blame the internet for this huge mess we are in.

When I was young, there was no internet, we went to the library and read. And took a book out for a week and it was really special just to hold that book for a week. Reading that book under the covers with a flashlight beyond my bedtime was extra special.

Playing the game of pong with my father was just unbelievable, something I will never forget.

Selfies, facebook, Twitter, youtube, and the senseless games of killing, are ruining this world.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, I've seen it posted elsewhere and people thought it was real. There is real footage out there of Columbine, without sound I believe.

Security camera video from the Columbine cafeteria can be found on Youtube.

I just want to clarify...I would be sick and worried everyday if they were out of my sight.
I am sure a lot will disagree, but I blame the internet for this huge mess we are in.

When I was young, there was no internet, we went to the library and read. And took a book out for a week and it was really special just to hold that book for a week. Reading that book under the covers with a flashlight beyond my bedtime was extra special.

Playing the game of pong with my father was just unbelievable, something I will never forget.

Selfies, facebook, Twitter, youtube, and the senseless games of killing, are ruining this world.

Just my opinion.
I do agree with this. Even to check email, we are exposed to a lot of things that I, for one, would prefer not to see. We are being desensitized by these things.

I think a lot of things combine to create the society we live in today, and many of the things on the Internet only fuel those underlying problems.

I do agree with this. Even to check email, we are exposed to a lot of things that I, for one, would prefer not to see. We are being desensitized by these things.

I think a lot of things combine to create the society we live in today, and many of the things on the Internet only fuel those underlying problems.

Desensitization. Yes.

Years ago I was told to watch Rear Window, the Alfred Hitchcock thriller.

This was at a time when there were movies such as those by Bruce Willis.

I could not finish watching Rear Window. It was too boring.

I realized I had been desensitized and did not even know it

BBM:

Desensitization. Yes.

Years ago I was told to watch Rear Window, the Alfred Hitchcock thriller.

This was at a time when there were movies such as those by Bruce Willis.

I could not finish watching Rear Window. It was too boring.

I realized I had been desensitized and did not even know it

Exactly. This reminds me of Red Box and Netflix, and how I'm mad that I have no choice in the matter on viewing the extremely graphic photo horror movie covers. Always need eye bleach. jmo

wow Still no name? I think this will start to be the norm. No one can search them out on the interweb before it is all deleted from prying eyes, (me,and others).

wow Still no name? I think this will start to be the norm. No one can search them out on the interweb before it is all deleted from prying eyes, (me,and others).

I just read on twitter that last night Anderson Cooper said he would not be releasing the name of the shooter so as not to give him notoriety.

Emilio Hoffman, 14, Identified as Victim of Oregon School Shooting

The victim of a shooting at an Oregon High School is 14-year-old freshman Emilio Hoffman, police said.

Emilio was a freshman at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, a suburb of Portland. He was killed in the locker room of the school's gymnasium when a male student who hasn't been publicly identified opened fire with a rifle, police said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntified-victim-oregon-school-shooting-n127861

It's too early to know what was going on, but I hope this isn't over a girl at age fourteen. Cops are probably investigating whether or not there had been previous threats. Kids should not be encouraged to go steady at that age. My GD is fourteen and already had one try to get too possessive, and she was sneaking to go steady because I had forbid it. Insults through texts and cell phone is the only way she confessed to me what was going on.

Oregon shooting: 'This is becoming the norm.' But will anything change?

By Ed Payne and Dana Ford, CNN

updated 7:45 AM EDT, Wed June 11, 2014

(CNN) -- The scenes are becoming depressingly familiar.

A gunman opens fire on an American campus. Students, teachers and administrators duck for cover. Parents anxiously wait for their kids to check in, praying for the phone to ring.

It played out again Tuesday at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon, a city of 16,400 people 12 miles east of Portland.

A student at the school shot and killed another student before apparently taking his own life...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/justice/oregon-high-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

The only thing I can come up with is head gone, and no fingertips, and not a current stufent. I do thin kthere is huge data in that he went to the gym, went after coach, and killed noone else. It seems targeted, by ex sttuent IMO. BUT then the coach would know who it is why not released? Why casue of death confirmed ?

If it were a cuurent student one would think the parents would have forward by now to LE and say my child is not home.

any ohter notions

it is not IMO ok for media to be editing news what they release --- someone does something that breaks the law you report the story -- not censor , Anderson.

Now do you have to have pic all over etc no , but to flatout refuse to tell the whole story is censorship and a scary road if this takes off

we are already lied to by politicians, cooperations etc

Not the the AMweican way IMO

it is not IMO ok for media to be editing news what they release --- someone does something that breaks the law you report the story -- not censor , Anderson.

Now do you have to have pic all over etc no , but to flatout refuse to tell the whole story is censorship and a scary road if this takes off

I agree. The media already does a great job spinning the news to fit their agenda, they choose to cover some stories excessively while totally ignoring others that may be politically incorrect.

If they only start revealing the identity of shooters when it "fits their agenda" that could be a very bad thing.

According to this CNN report, the shooter was a student at the school. No identity or motive disclosed at this time.

...A student at the school shot and killed another student before apparently taking his own life.

The victim was a 14-year-old freshman Emilio Hoffman. Police haven't yet disclosed the shooter's identity - or, more importantly, what compelled him to carry out such a horrifying act...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/justice/oregon-high-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

And this from NBC:

...Emilio was a freshman at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, a suburb of Portland. He was killed in the locker room of the school's gymnasium when a male student who hasn't been publicly identified opened fire with a rifle, police said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntified-victim-oregon-school-shooting-n127861

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back