OR - Emilio Hoffman, 14, killed in Troutdale high school shooting, 10 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was going to ask about hate...... Is hate a mental illness?
Can someone feel hate without feeling upset, pissed, violent, angry? Idk

I want to know if Jared was angry at a particular person or
group?
Did he feel berated, embarrassed over a certain situation?
Ugh it was on Heavy - cant find which piece it was. He was anti Obama and stated something like you cant disarm us - so there might have been an issue on that angle - but everyone is allowed their opionion!

That was the only thing I have found that had anything like anit social, rage, etc

This may have been posted sideline: the kid in hancuffs yesterday was there with a gun to protect his sister. Mom was a wreck did not know abut her daughter and her son in jail.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...0/OR--Oregon-School-Shooting-Unrelated-Arrest

[modsnip]

Also from the press conferance this hit me: Anderson said. "At this time it would be inappropriate to discuss a motive."

When I heard I thought well there must be more .that they know

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/12/us-usa-shooting-oregon-idUSKBN0EM27720140612

Police have not said whether the firearms were legally owned or registered by family members.

Ugh it was on Heavy - cant find which piece it was. He was anti Obama and stated something like you cant disarm us - so there might have been an issue on that angle - but everyone is allowed their opionion!

That was the only thing I have found that had anything like anit social, rage, etc

This may have been posted sideline: the kid in hancuffs yesterday was there with a gun to protect his sister. Mom was a wreck did not know abut her daughter and her son in jail.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...0/OR--Oregon-School-Shooting-Unrelated-Arrest

[modsnip]

Also from the press conferance this hit me: Anderson said. "At this time it would be inappropriate to discuss a motive."

When I heard I thought well there must be more .that they know

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/12/us-usa-shooting-oregon-idUSKBN0EM27720140612

Police have not said whether the firearms were legally owned or registered by family members.
Thank you! Yes IMO if the words "at this time" were used, they know more.

I'm not sure about 'hate' in this case, but we know so little. Jared seems unusually in control/rigid/organized/single minded for a 15 year old?

I had a similar impression after reading several articles about him. One fellow student described the shooter as "neat" (as in well-groomed). Not a word I expected to hear to describe a 15 year old boy.

Last 2 days been a shock in terms of lock-downs and drills and kids across our land rehearsing for when killers come into their lives. It truly is a disgrace for this nation.

And then, it occurred to me I do not have kids that is why I have been stunned at all this type of cr@p. I follow this nonsense – but until I f found the You Tube video, yesterday, showing what a damn “lock-down drill” was just clueless.

It just never occurred to me that kids everywhere are “practicing “ hiding in dark rooms, afraid to breathe pulling down blinds etc. etc. etc.

Then just now I see this: pitiful shame on us……………this is violent ((at 2:05))in and of itself IMO.

It is an abomination

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/us/school-shootings-cnn-number/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Here is whole thing ugh
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/livin...fense-training/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

I'm not sure about 'hate' in this case, but we know so little. Jared seems unusually in control/rigid/organized/single minded for a 15 year old?

It is hate. It is blind hatred. How else could you plan to go on a rampage and shoot and kill innocent people indiscriminately? It's also pure rage.

Quote:
JG, another student on the bus, said someone asked Padgett what was in the guitar case and duffel bag, and Padgett said it was his football gear and a uniform stand, a rack used for keeping uniforms crisp, The Oregonian reported.

"He wouldn't say anything else," JG, 15, told the newspaper.

Padgett had a conflicting image among other students.

"He always talked about guns and sometimes got mad," student KEn said, adding that he could also be kind and respectful.

"He helped kids and I never would have thought he would do that," KE recalled. "And he was really neat."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...rifle-24093567
BBM

Would be interesting to hear from family whether he had ever been diagnosed with mental illness. Sounds bipolar.

Could have MI but may not have been diagnosed if everyone considered him normal. His episodes of irritability may have been dismissed as teenage angst.

Oh wow. All the internet crap about our President, worries over disarming us all, and living for guns has finally caused a child to snap. It sounds like he had OCD and a bad temper, but was fed a bunch a crap, imo. Live by the sword, die by the sword is a terrible saying and it has happened to this child. What a shame.

Oh wow. All the internet crap about our President, worries over disarming us all, and living for guns has finally caused a child to snap. It sounds like he had OCD and a bad temper, but was fed a bunch a crap, imo. Live by the sword, die by the sword is a terrible saying and it has happened to this child. What a shame.

The biggest shame of all is that he took an innocent young life with him.....and took the "innocence" away from many other young people.

I had a similar impression after reading several articles about him. One fellow student described the shooter as "neat" (as in well-groomed). Not a word I expected to hear to describe a 15 year old boy.

JROTC requires the students to be neatly groomed.

Big fat ditto from me! :loveyou:

That's why I asked the question yesterday about the 740 shooters in Chicago (in 6 months)--if they had a mental illness. They don't and I'm tired of it too!

Well, some of them might but....you understand.

Don't know if it is the same in Chicago, but I asked a fellow who was in the Crips in LA what all the killing is about

He said it was all about power and status.

That is a whole different thing than random mass killers

The Las vegas killers and this Oregon killer seem to have a lot of hate. The same basis for their hate, if I can go by their FB information.

HOW ARE OUR KIDS BECOMING COLD BLOODED KILLERS? WHOSE FAULT IS IT? PARENTS? SOCIETY? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?????

We will try and answer those questions and more tonight (Thursday) 8 PM Eastern on iHeart's True Crime Radio.

Dr. Peter Langman is my guest. Dr. Langman is the go to expert when it comes to why our kids kill. Check out his website at www.schoolshooters.info and his book, "Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters."

We will also discuss the crazy stabbing of a 12 year old girl by her friends and how it involves a fantasy character called, "Slenderman" on the Internet.

It is getting to be too much. School Shootings are as common as a cold these days and it needs to stop.

CLICK HERE to join me live tonight 8 PM Eastern on iHearts True Crime Radio.

If you miss the show you can listen to the show in the archives starting Thursday 9:30 PM Eastern by clicking RIGHT HEREhttp://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Don't know if it is the same in Chicago, but I asked a fellow who was in the Crips in LA what all the killing is about

He said it was all about power and status.

That is a whole different thing than random mass killers

The Las vegas killers and this Oregon killer seem to have a lot of hate. The same basis for their hate, if I can go by their FB information.

All these mass murderers are low status "losers." I'm sure during their rampages, they relish the power of life and death that have over their social betters. So there is an element of status and power in their killing sprees.

And, as far as gang-bangers go, there are websites that publish screen-shots of their facebook pages. Plenty of guns and hate on them.

So I don't see the difference. We are a nation of boys and young men in crisis, all races and socio-economic levels.

JMO

JROTC requires the students to be neatly groomed.

Well, of course. But he chose to be a member of JROTC (One of the articles I read said not every student in JROTC had a choice).

During the first semester, JROTC students were required to wear either the combat uniform or a dress uniform on Wednesdays, Guzman said. But Padgett, he said, often wore his every day of the week.

While Guzman had been placed in the class, he said he believed Padgett had intentionally signed up for it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2014/06/oregon_school_shooting_gunman.html

There was some exceptional about the young man when it came to the desire for neatness and order.

At the end of the day, this is happening more frequently than ever, and I don't think it has to do with who is president or who owns guns. Whoever is president will have anti-<insert name> groups. Like I said earlier in the thread, every American has the same access to an array of weapons, but most will never use them. I honestly think it boils down to parents not teaching children to cope, so they seek out other ways to release their emotions, and often times they learn unhealthy habits. For girls, and some boys, it's often eating disorders, self mutilation, sexual promiscuity. For a lot of the boys that do stuff like this I think it manifests as rage, resentment, loner status. Even if they have friends, they can still have a "me against the world" mentality.

All these mass murderers are low status "losers." I'm sure during their rampages, they relish the power of life and death that have over their social betters. So there is an element of status and power in their killing sprees.

And, as far as gang-bangers go, there are websites that publish screen-shots of their facebook pages. Plenty of guns and hate on them.

So I don't see the difference. We are a nation of boys and young men in crisis, all races and socio-economic levels.

JMO

No one cares to admit that these people are the products of American culture. They are only a bit more affected by their sense of powerlessness and paranoia than the average "freedom-loving, "patriotic" lethal weapons hoarder. JMO

JMO

In a way that is true, but the gang bangers kill each other. Like the old Mafia days. You don't see gang bangers strafing random,movie goers, for instance. The gang bangers are setting up their kingdoms and protecting territory.

Their colors,their rules, etc.

That is not what these mass killers are doing

I also have a real problem classifying killers like Elliot Rodgers and this guy as "low status". Same for Harris and Klebold, Lanza too. These are relatively privileged, suburban, [modsnip] boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, this is happening more frequently than ever, and I don't think it has to do with who is president or who owns guns. Whoever is president will have anti-<insert name> groups. Like I said earlier in the thread, every American has the same access to an array of weapons, but most will never use them. I honestly think it boils down to parents not teaching children to cope, so they seek out other ways to release their emotions, and often times they learn unhealthy habits. For girls, and some boys, it's often eating disorders, self mutilation, sexual promiscuity. For a lot of the boys that do stuff like this I think it manifests as rage, resentment, loner status. Even if they have friends, they can still have a "me against the world" mentality.

I totally agree with the rage. That is what it is for so many.

How many of these kids came from divorced families?

People need to get divorced for sure, but these kids need help on dealing with THEIR feelings. Divorce is powerful.

[modsnip]

[modsnip]

One thing that I have to say is that often times adults and loved ones share too much with children, no matter how mature a kid seems they are still a child and too often parents divulge too much of heavy matters on them. From financial issues, divorce, relationship stuff, etc. Families of war vets suffer emotionally, and when their soldier comes home they hear horrific stories that are traumatizing to them. Also, resenting a president when your loved one is in harms way, even though it is the job they signed up for, I think is almost a natural feeling. I don't think kids feel safe, I think they feel exposed, and are unsure of what to do. They feel alone. They feel fear. Fear is a very motivating factor for some to succeed and for others it's a de motivating factor to wallow in their doubts and never move past them. I'm not sure that's the case here, but I see to too often during a divorce that children know to much, and are being asked to deal with adult issues.
(Taking off my psychologist hat now, putting on my mommy hat)

One of the things that is important to me as a mother is to teach my daughter how to cope, but to teach her how to cope with kid issues. And when she is older I wish to teach her how to apply those coping skills to adult problems. But, IMO, you can't teach them how to cope properly by giving them issues that are so far beyond their skill set. IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back