Found Safe OR - Erin McClintock, 40, dropped kids at school, Aloha, 21 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she went missing voluntarily, it sure seems like she wanted to be found. She should have called in sick to work, because that would have bought some time, and she shouldn’t have parked in a place where people were going to recognize her car. Stickers or not, those cars stick out like a sore thumb.

Maybe I’m being optimistic, but it kinda sounds more like a mom who was feeling very unappreciated decided to take off to show some people what life is like without her so maybe they’ll learn a lesson. Disappear, turn off the phone, keep the iPad to do whatever she does on there using Wi-fi at businesses or perhaps a hotel where she is staying?

I’m not optimistic very often, so I’m probably wrong.

If she went missing voluntarily, it sure seems like she wanted to be found. She should have called in sick to work, because that would have bought some time, and she shouldn’t have parked in a place where people were going to recognize her car. Stickers or not, those cars stick out like a sore thumb.

The Soul? They are a bit popular out in the PNW, I see them. SUVs in general are common out here, whether you have kids or not. The Soul sticks out a bit because it's not as generic as the RAV4/CRV/Foresters (which comprise about 50% of any given parking lot.) Plus if this was voluntarily, the car would have to be left near a transit stop (her Uber/Lyft/cab would be a lot more traceable.) Parking the car anyplace else exposes you to the same problems - grocery store, transit parking lot, someone will see or call in the vehicle. If she parks far from the transit stop, there's a risk in being seen.

Maybe I’m being optimistic, but it kinda sounds more like a mom who was feeling very unappreciated decided to take off to show some people what life is like without her so maybe they’ll learn a lesson. Disappear, turn off the phone, keep the iPad to do whatever she does on there using Wi-fi at businesses or perhaps a hotel where she is staying?

That seems like a really crappy thing to do to her kids. Also, her ex would be able to make a solid case that he should get sole custody of the kids, and that would also mean child support of some form. She'd be held up as the "runaway mother" in the Daily Mail.

iPad activity would probably be traceable, depending on what the activity was. Most people find it hard to truly disconnect from their normal lives - they want to read local news, check their email, go to their favorite true crime forums o_O, etc.

Just stopping by hoping for something new. I guess not. It's now very concerning.

She either drove herself to that park or she didn't. If she was kidnapped, then the kidnapper knew her and knew the same park.

I think she drove herself to the park, perhaps to meet someone? The unusual taking of the iPad may indicate that (especially if she could tether it to her phone). It's concerning that she wasn't herself for a week.

Have they searched with sniffer dogs? Tracker dogs?

Just stopping by hoping for something new. I guess not. It's now very concerning.

She either drove herself to that park or she didn't. If she was kidnapped, then the kidnapper knew her and knew the same park.

I think she drove herself to the park, perhaps to meet someone? The unusual taking of the iPad may indicate that (especially if she could tether it to her phone). It's concerning that she wasn't herself for a week.

Have they searched with sniffer dogs? Tracker dogs?
I think I missed the detail that she wasn't herself for a week. Do you remember where you saw that?

I think I missed the detail that she wasn't herself for a week. Do you remember where you saw that?
It was in article that I posted in the thread yesterday. She could have had financial issues or going through a hard personal time. Perhaps she was meeting someone but I'm leaning towards her leaving on her own. Jmo

Definitely points to a voluntary disappearance. I hope that trained searchers are being dispatched to any secluded areas where she may have gone to harm herself. I hate even mentioning it, but too many victims have been found by their friends and family members.
I agree and was wondering about any wooded areas or parks nearby. There are some parks so I hope they’re being searched. I also think Oregonmama’s idea about the car being parked close to a max station being relevant is a good possibility. Especially since she apparently left the car with her purse, phone and iPad.

Based on one of the videos where you can see the traffic signal she was parked to the west of the aquatic center (building on the far west side of the complex) backed towards 158th. Closest parking to access Fred Meyer or the bus.

The ex husband’s/children’s father’s fb has a picture of her car taken from google street camera that shows the stickers. In the google picture they are very yellow but in the picture from thprd, one appears white. Could they be aging?

I have not seen any news that they’ve found Josiah Rosales the sex offender on the lam but authorities mentioned on Twitter they didn’t believe it was related.

I’m at the THPRD complex multiple times per week and walk through all of the paths and trails. If her destination really was thprd, this is the the quietest section of the main parking lot. However, there are two other overflow lots, the grassy area off Walker, accessed through the apartment complex entrance, and a lot at the northern most side of the complex. The east side of the North lot would have been very quiet that time of day with direct access to one of the wooded areas. There are retention ponds and a slow stream behind (softball) filed 5. If her boys played baseball she would have known about all of these lots.

@illdigya, it sure sounds like voluntary missing via bus/public transport (although the nearby woods are concerning - why take your phone, ipad, etc).

I wonder if anyone has her Apple sign in (if divorced, I bet not - I sure don't give that info to anyone else, especially not teenagers).

Are they searching in the area of the retention ponds?

I am hopeful that this is a case of a burned out, runaway mom (perhaps with a new friend she wants to go visit).

I've been trying to put my finger on what's bothering me about the stickers being partially removed. The stickers are those team sport booster type stickers with her sons' names on them. If you were planning on coming back to your normal routine, would you peel them off? It just seems really drastic to do that, to me. I find it highly worrisome.

I've been trying to put my finger on what's bothering me about the stickers being partially removed. The stickers are those team sport booster type stickers with her sons' names on them. If you were planning on coming back to your normal routine, would you peel them off? It just seems really drastic to do that, to me. I find it highly worrisome.
I see it can both ways re decals...involuntarily ( stranger wanted to take away the detail) or voluntarily (she didn't want her car to be recognized ) . I'm leaning towards voluntarily. The strangeness in the week prior to Monday seals it for me. I hope she comes back home soon to her sons and family.

That's a good point. I wonder if there were bumper stickers on the rear of the car, and so that's why she backed in.

If the stickers were related to her sons, I wonder if she was really angry at them (teenagers can be quite the PITA). If it's a voluntary missing case, and her plans were to "never come home" due to enormous anger, she will probably cool off and go home.

We have no idea what might have been going on in her life, in her household, or why she might flip out. I think the father and the two kids know a lot, though. They seem to be appealing to her to come back. It's entirely possible that the things making her upset were kept inside. And might seem minor to someone else. OTOH, it could be major...

Oh man, I hope she just took off for a few days voluntarily and will come home.

Re: the stickers being partially removed. It could be she was trying to remove them to keep her car less identifiable but it was too hard to get them off and/or in the process of removing them, other people appeared nearby so she decided to stop lest she be seen and remembered.

I am hoping/wondering if they can get anything from her texts, emails, etc. Did she have alternate social media accounts? I wonder what people she worked with said about her demeanor and attitude in the week leading up to this disappearance. Her sons said she was acting strangely--did that carry over to work?

However, her sons said it was odd that their mom took her iPad that day because she didn’t normally take it. They said she did have her purse and her cellphone with her, though the phone is no longer sending or receiving a signal.

Family members also thought it was strange that McClintock’s car was parked at Tualatin Hills Aquatic Center because she doesn’t swim.

“The car being found here is suspicious, the family doesn’t know why it’s here — we’re not far away from the home, it’s not as if it was found out in the middle of nowhere,” said Sgt. Danny Dipietro with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

McClintock is listed as a missing person. Investigators said they planned to comb through nearby surveillance video. They mentioned additional clues they’ve uncovered have made them suspicious.

Update article:
Missing Aloha mom’s car found in Beaverton

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member