Found Alive OR - Heather Mounce Davison, 37, Dallas, 12 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The guy who filmed the rescue gives his version of how she was rescued--- says she was pulled from brush on the cliff inside, not the shore area. :

A Utah man in Oregon on business, Jared Smith, happened to be parked at a Highway 101 pullout viewing the ocean when Davison’s dramatic rescue unfolded. Smith, who said he was unaware that the woman was missing, noticed some activity in the area of the hillside around 1 p.m. He said he saw a man standing on the rock in plain view, 200 to 300 yards below the road.
Soon afterward, fire trucks and police officers began arriving, and Smith watched as Davison was pulled from some thick brush on the cliffside — out of view at first — and hoisted up by the heli*copter. Smith snapped a photo of the rescue and posted it to Facebook. He said after Davison was rescued, the helicopter landed on the highway, and Davison was helped to walk by one person on each side of her before eventually being carried to a nearby gurney, placed in an ambulance and driven away, presumably to be medically evaluated.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...g-dallas-mom-found-alive-family-says.html.csp

There are no restrooms anywhere near there, to the best of my knowledge. It's just a pull off on the side of the highway. People stop there to look at the view, not to go to the bathroom, IMHO.
I have resorted to squatting in the bushes to pee a few times when no restrooms were available and the urgent need to go was more powerful than waiting to get to a restroom.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

According to this she was found about 80 feet ABOVE the water:

heather Mounce, 37, was found on a sea cliff 80 feet above the water. Her car was found on the nearby highway last weekend. Her family hadn't heard from her since Saturday afternoon.
https://www.facebook.com/KMTRNews/posts/10155054655096785

Well this makes more sense because looking at the cliff side where she was found, there's virtually no shoreline ( where reportedly she was according to the original report), just the water below what looks like some sheer rock face.

I also saw that there's a pathway someway down to a building of some sort. But Heather was on the cliff away from that. So she didn't go down to look at the view and sit down to think or anything...but rather she had an accident and slipped....or a fall was intentional, but luckily she was caught in the brush.

Well...I don't know what to think.....just glad that she's alive and hopefully she and her loved ones get through this.

eta: I forgot the quote.....in reference to Heather being found 80' up rather than on the shoreline.

What's odd to me is how clean her clothes are. If she slipped you'd think her black pants or light pink top would show signs of it. Instead they look perfectly fine, Iam just so confused by this story

Hi everyone and welcome all new members. :smile:

Some posts have been removed that were in violation of WS Rules.
Please take a moment to review Rules Etiquette & Information

Please pay particular attention to the following:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Thank you.

And the wind off the ocean can be brutal.
I wonder where she slept four nights? Anyone familiar with the area? Was she trapped and no way to get out of there if you can walk? I wonder how she got down in the first place. When she was rescued her hair didnt look very messy and her white tee shirt didnt look like it was stained from grass or dirt. If she slept on the ground wouldn't it be filthy? My white shorts get really dirty after taking my dog to the beach in one day. Maybe it was dirty but couldnt tell from the photo. This case is so weird. I think family is really trying to keep all the not so pretty details out of the media but who can blame them. Social media attacks you for everything. If this is truly a miracle as DD says then it seems like the family would be happy, tickled pink to tell the world the extraordinary details like what's going on with Lisa Thiers who was found after missing three weeks. She had so many bug bites cuts and scrapes. Ugh.

What's odd to me is how clean her clothes are. If she slipped you'd think her black pants or light pink top would show signs of it. Instead they look perfectly fine, Iam just so confused by this story
I just commented on the same although I thought it was white.

This is just my opinion and two cents. If it is true they had already extensively searched the cliffs, then I don't believe she was there the entire time since Saturday. I hate to say this, but I believe she has a mental health issue and possibly self-medicates via alcohol and/or drugs. She could have planned her disappearance, or maybe it was just an emotional impulse, but there is likely an accomplice that picked her up and she has been hiding out somewhere. After seeing the FB page and media coverage she had a change of heart and went back to the cliff waiting for someone to spot her and to be "rescued." Again, just a theory. I am glad she is back with her family and I hope she is able to get the help she needs.

I'm not sure if this is what exactly happened but I'm finding it hard to believe that's she was on that cliff the whole time. One would think she would be filthy and physically worn the hell out. It doesn't appear that that's the case.

Still, I'm extremely happy that she was found safe. I hope that she goes home to a happy positive environment.

I feel like it would only be right to share the story with all of the people that searched and contributed to her rescue. Even if it's not shared with all of the general public or us.

Where are you all seeing close up/clear pictures of her to be able to say how clean her clothes looked? All I have seen is the brief blurry helicopter video. TIA.

I found this article had some new information in it.

http://koin.com/2017/08/17/inside-the-rescue-of-heather-mounce/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some quotes from the article:
In the 911 call, Davison told the dispatcher he could see his wife.
“I am on the rocky beach, I think it’s Cox Rock, she’s up in the bushes, she’s waving at me,” he said. “She’s alive she’s alive, she’s on that hillside.”

The dispatcher asked again for a location and Davison said, “Highway 101, Cox Rock area, she’s waving at me from the bushes, 100-150 feet up the cliff from the ocean. I don’t think I can get to her.”

While Davison remains on the line, the 911 operator called the rescue units — including a rope unit to rappel down and the Coast Guard.
Webber said they looked around and spotted her, then hovered about 250 feet above the water. The crew lowered rescue swimmer Petty Officer 3rd Class Tyler Stacey about 180 feet, to the spot where Mounce was “clinging on to some bushes on the cliff,” Webber said.

Stacey said it was hard to see her.

“She was covered by some pretty big bushes she had landed on. I don’t know if she had fallen or how she got into the position she did,” Stacey said. “But it appeared she had gotten herself into a situation where she was basically being suspended by a big bush and it was on a pretty sheer surface.”

She looked grateful the Coast Guard found her, he said.

“She was very scared, but when I got up to her she definitely wanted to get out of there.”
Mounce seemed “a little bit out of it,” which Stacey believed was because she was missing for 4 days without food or water. He said she wasn’t wearing shoes, her feet were swollen and she was scraped up.

911 audio is also at the link.

did you see all the pics taken in the hospital?

I'm not sure if this is what exactly happened but I'm finding it hard to believe that's she was on that cliff the whole time. One would think she would be filthy and physically worn the hell out. It doesn't appear that that's the case.

Still, I'm extremely happy that she was found safe. I hope that she goes home to a happy positive environment.

I feel like it would only be right to share the story with all of the people that searched and contributed to her rescue. Even if it's not shared with all of the general public or us.

The 911 call explains better how he was able to see her. He was below her, not above. The rescuer's description is helpful as well. Sounds like she was in the bushes, clinging to a tree and could not be seen from above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back