Found Alive OR - Heather Mounce Davison, 37, Dallas, 12 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not that easy of a location to search. High shear cliffs, with many curves, indentations and angles - it's not a smooth area to search.

Yep, sealion caves is a business...google that and look at the images in the google search. Treacherous area really.

I don't think you can see down from the road on some of those areas to the bottom of the cliffs. There isn't many spots to pull over. The ocean and wind would be pretty loud - I think it would be difficult to hear her if she yelled. But, glad she's been found and I respect the families call for privacy. I can understand that.

But a helicopter would have been able to see her id think!

says near sea lion caves

I grew up just north of there. The terrain is very rugged, with a lot of drop off points and shaded areas, and would be very difficult to view or search unless you are part mountain goat with a drone. Keeping her family in our prayers as she recovers and heals. I have a daughter this age, and it was heartbreaking to see.

But a helicopter would have been able to see her id think!

Having lived in Oregon for the last 50 years, I understand how she could have been missed. I'm sure the wonderful Coast Guard will review everything they did - but my guess is they scoured the area more than once. If she was wearing dark clothes - or fog, or maybe she was in an obscure area that she just got out of for whatever reason. No clue why - but, I don't fault anyone who flew and missed her. It's a needle in a haystack area.

I was afraid for her, glad to see all of you trying to help in these cases!

We don't have too many happy endings here on the missing threads on WS but when we do ITS FREAKING AWESOME [emoji1319] you are are a strong woman Heather! It wasn't her time [emoji1317]

YAY! So happy to read this news!

from your link, http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...g-dallas-mom-found-alive-family-says.html.csp

Heather Mounce Davison, who was last seen Saturday — one day after returning home from her honeymoon in Mexico — was airlifted off of a cliff above the Pacific Ocean around 2 p.m. Wednesday by the U.S. Coast Guard, according to Dallas Police Lt. Jerry Mott. A family member was the first to find Davison after an extensive search of the area, Mott said, and alerted police. The Coast Guard identified that family member as Davison’s husband.

Authorities had arranged for the Coast Guard helicopter to do an aerial search Wednesday afternoon so the MH-65 Dolphin helicopter from Coast Guard Sector North Bend was already in the area and available quickly.....watched as Davison was pulled from some thick brush on the cliffside — out of view at first — and hoisted up by the helicopter. Smith snapped a photo of the rescue and posted it to Facebook. He said after Davison was rescued, the helicopter landed on the highway and Davison was helped to walk by one person on each of her sides, before eventually being carried to a nearby gurney. She was then placed onto the gurney and into an ambulance and driven away. All in all, Smith said, she appeared to be OK.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 488
This is amazing! This is the 2nd person to be found this week that seemed like there was such little hope. I am so happy!

I am very happy to hear the news. Here's to peace and healing for her and her family!

This is just the most wonderful news, and I really didn't think it would end this way! So happy Heather is getting another chance [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper