OR OR - Heather Thompson, 39, Roseburg, 4 Aug 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missizzy- In your post you said that MG lives in North Bend which is by the coast and 1 1/2 hours away. What do you think it would take to have the police look into him more?

Only71stitches- have they questioned MG and the female friend?

After seeing what missizzy posted about north bend. I would question that guy now. Also too. Only71stitches said something about meeting a new friend of heathers and the lady wearing the same kind of necklace that was missing from heather's belongs. Did you tell the police? Even if you think you might be wrong, I believe the lady would understand. I would have the police question her too.

FYI... Heather was not ever a cutter... She was just a thin person who got cold very easy... Often when we were still married, she would have blankets piled on her in bed, when I used only a sheet...

Heather was fond of a necklace that was a claw holding a marble... When we were there packing her belongings up, we (Friends and family) did not find this necklace anywhere... I went through her jewelry box and found everything but that necklace.

Did not think much about it missing, till we were on our way home and trading notes about the crime scene... Heather had made friends with a woman up there, we went out to eat with this woman before we headed home. A good friend that was there with us told me after she that she was wearing the same necklace... (I did report this to the police)... This woman is wiccan as well, is there some sort of power in owning something from a deceased person in wiccan??? Was this even Heather's necklace?

I have heard no new information from the police since Aug. They never even returned phone calls after I left messages about things like the necklace...
Missizzy, you are welcome to PM me if you want more inside information...

Bolded and Underlined by me

Hi XDeadboltx

I thought I'd remembered reading that 71 Stitches had reported it (necklace) to the police. Finally found the post above.

I'm fairly certain that LE has checked out MG. I can't really post much about him as he's "uninvolved". But if you check the name on Intelius, whitepages, or even google, you'll be able to see what he does for a living. He is in North Bend.

If he reads here, I'd love to hear from him.

Also, concerning only71stitches' question about whether or not there is any "power" connected to owning something that belongs to a person who practices the Wiccan way who has passed, I don't really know. It's always possible that the necklace was a gift or just a similar one. But I have to say that it worries me. Maybe someone with greater knowledge can address this. Being that the Wiccan Rede calls for peace, I cannot imagine that any violence would be accepted or tolerated. It's quite clear; "fairly take and fairly give".

http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm

Do any family members or friends know if Heather expressed interest during 2007-2008 about moving to the Brookings area? It's also on the coast but about 80 miles south of Bandon--a good two hour drive along Highway 1.

There was that single connection to the Williams/Ruch area I remember, which is in Southern Oregon. Williams/Ruch is accessed from Grants Pass. Also, from Grants Pass, one can take Highway 199 all the way to the coast where you'd meet up with Highway 101.

Brookings is the closest coastal town for those of us in Southern Oregon, even though it's quite a jaunt over the mountains and you actually have to dip down into California and then come back up north. Just wondering if she visited there or showed interest in that town. I found an interesting post which might be hers.

I rarely dream about cases that I've researched but I did last night. I remembered that there was a woman, Roberta "Bobbie" Jones, 28, from Bend who disappeared the same week that Heather was murdered. I'd never followed up. Here's our thread about Bobbie:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111226&highlight=roberta+jones

Bobbie went missing around August 4th-5th and neighbors reported that there had been a lot of activity at the house around that time. They'd also heard rumors that blood was found in the condo. Bobbie's body was found on August 7th near Mt. Bachelor in the forest. She had been shot twice:

http://kohd.com/news/local/184033

I noticed that she looks ill in the first photo. There's a good bit of medicine on her nightstand. I don't know what she did for employment and she had no permanent address but she does have a computer and a webcam it appears. Being that her children are reportedly in their teens, she must have been a very young mother. I don't believe the children lived with her.

On August 12th, Michael Shawn Sain, 30, of the Bend area was arrested in connection with her death. Very few details are being released:

http://www.ktvz.com/news/24611534/detail.html

I also found two MS pages for Sain:

http://www.myspace.com/388179642

http://www.myspace.com/421168749 (Note on this one that Sain logged on on Aug. 2nd and said "limited time". Also, if you check out his first friend, "A", I believe I see Bobbie on that woman's page, in the slide show--possibly a close friend or sister?)

There are multiple photos on each page. It looks as if Sain had a relationship with a woman with the initial "A". I see no mention of a Bobbie or Roberta and have no idea how they connected. It might have been through his friends, drugs or prostitution (taking into consideration some of the neighbors comments). There's also a photo of Sain shirtless and I cannot identify the tattoo on his abdomen. It looks to be a goat's head on a kneeling man's body but I sure don't recognize it:

http://www.myspace.com/388179642/photos/398417

I did find this, about a Capricorn tattoo. Maybe that's what it is:

http://www.freepsychicreadingss.com/2010/09/capricorn-symbol-tattoo.html

But Sain says his sign is Cancer. Can someone else look at the tattoo and let us know what you think. The words "Go" and "home" are also clear.

So, that's what I found. There are not a large number of murders in this state--especially two young women on the same day, under such suspicious circumstances. LE have been tight-lipped about both deaths, even though Sain has been charged with numerous other crimes in Bobbie's death.

I think it would be prudent for Heather's family to closely examine Sain's friends and see if he might have some connection to Heather or to her former room mate, SM. I'm really hoping this might be helpful. I have NOT forgotten about Heather in the least.

I have seen a similar tattoo used in by some guys who are into mixed martial arts and cage fighting -- it's a variation on a Chinese dragon. But I'm not totally positive it's the same one. I'll have to see if I can locate the guy I know who's into that, and see if he can tell me anything useful. I haven't talked to him in ages.

eta: I cut and rotated the animal, and heightened the contrast. Don't know if that helps any. Gotta say, that's an impressive set of abs he's got.

Attachments

• tattoo.png
    tattoo.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 19
An article about Bobbie's family. She too, was loved dearly and checked in nightly. Notice that there are comments about Bobbie's necklaces and about "fear". I don't understand why her children (10 and 13) would experience fear, rather than sorrow.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/24629454/detail.html

Family Of Slain Woman Mourns, Remembers

Bobbie Jones' Family Now Focuses On Her Two Sons

"...She had so many friends, but she's so big-hearted that she thought she could help everybody."

and

"Jones' mother, however, had an uneasy feeling when her daughter didn't check in with her like she normally did each night."

more at link

There's a comment that Bobbie was born in Lebanon, OR. Grasping at straws, here, Heather was interested in the Albany area--only 15 miles from Lebanon. Bobbie was staying in Bend--180 miles from Green (and a long haul through the mountains). Her body was found near Mt. Bachelor--175 miles from Green, with two possible routes. I've never read a word about Heather traveling to the Bend area, although, I would imagine she'd have loved it. The area is gorgeous with zillions of hiking trails and rivers.

On two address searches, Roberta Jones also comes up with an Albany address and a Portland address.

I also found her MS page:

http://www.myspace.com/bratface1181

Lots of photos. Here's her necklaces:

http://www.myspace.com/bratface1181/photos/11032302

http://www.myspace.com/bratface1181/photos/11174833

She had friends looking for her a full month before she went missing. They said that her mom and her sons "needed her". There's some comments about a new man in her life and she states that she's "self-employed".

I'm wondering if "MG" and his roommate "C" had something to do with Heather's death. "C" was Heather's friend (The friend that Heather was supposed to meet with the day she went missing). When we were in OR packing Heather's belongings up, "C" was there and stated that she was going to come to the memorial service, and I have heard nothing since...

"C" and "MG" were both in contact with Heather's parents but have stopped all communication since the memorial... From what Heather's mother told me, "MG" moved out of "C's home and has not been heard from...

Between this info and the fact that "C" has the same necklace Heather had and while we were there, "C" acted very strange... Nervous like... Made me think of a heavy drug user... Not the type of person I see Heather being friends with...

"C" also said contradicting things while we were in OR. Like how she had never been to Heather's house before, but while we were there, she talked about coming over and Heather would make dinner for them...

Hmmm. I don't want to be disrespectful of anyone but Bobbie Jones' photos strike me as if she could have been a heavy drug user. I've seen "C's" MS page, I believe, early on but I think it's private. I was also totally unaware that CS and MG were room mates. I found MG out at North Bend through his employment with his wife. Is there anything you can post that would change that info? If he had a new room mate/girlfriend, does anyone know where they lived? Maybe I've got the wrong MG.

71stitches, did anything ring a bell with Bobbie or her friends? I got the impression that Bobbie was on the move a lot. I'm just really stuck on the fact that Bobbie and Heather were murdered in the same week and the connection to the Albany area. I seriously doubt that there's a connection between Bobbie and Heather directly but possibly between a common friend or two? Could MG and/or CS left something at Heather's house that someone came to pick up? Heather might not have wanted someone to come in and they forced their way in?

I remember the statement that Heather did not want to stay alone that night. I've always wondered why. Did she mention anything to family about fear? I know she liked being around people but I've always thought that was odd that she was afraid that day of something. Was that the first night that SM was out of the house (forgive me if I've already asked)? I just can't imagine being afraid in Green with a dog like Louie.

I found a reference in the News Review:

http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20100812/NEWS/100819943

"...MG of Roseburg, a friend of Heather Thompson's, said she told him about a week before her death that SM moved out of the house and went to Sutherlin...."

So, this states that MG lives in Roseburg. Maybe he was/is living with CS. I don't find him there but instead as a business owner in North Bend, and married. That's the only MG in the state that matches by the age given. So, unless Heather's family can confirm when SM moved out, all we have to go on is MG's word.

Concerning CS, I'm making the assumption that she's 54 and lives in Roseburg. If this is the correct person, the house she was living in was recently foreclosed. I'm wondering if when she moved to a new location, that's when Heather was called in to do a house "cleansing". FWIW, both of the homes that CS has recently lived in are not in Heather's neighborhood. One is about 8 miles north in Roseburg "proper" and another is about 16 miles north.

Does anyone know which insurance company Heather used?

There are multiple photos on each page. It looks as if Sain had a relationship with a woman with the initial "A". I see no mention of a Bobbie or Roberta and have no idea how they connected.

There is a picture of Bobbie and "A" if you go to her page, she has a photo scroll with a picture of them both.

That's what I thought too. I wonder if Bobbie and "A" were sisters or cousins (there's mention of a large blended family) or just good friends. Odd that there's no special little memorial note under Bobbie's photo.

I also just posted on Bobbie's thread that I was surprised to see that the FBI is involved in that case. Maybe I'm missing something but that strikes me as odd.

The tattoo on MS chest on his myspace picture says "GO" then has 3 letters, I cant make out the one on his right side. The top is "I" and Left side is "G". There is 2 words on his waist line. I dont know what the right word is, but the left is "HOME". It could say Bend Home or something like that. The type of tattoo is like Graffiti writing.

I don't want to get too far off track. There's the very real probability that these two murders had nothing to do with each other. I mainly wanted to make sure that anyone following one or the other was aware of both. I have no idea where the phrase I typed above came from. I probably spend far far too much time on MS. And with an addled brain, to boot. Anyway, I think that's what the tattoo says.

I also went back and looked at some of Sain's friends and I did find one who looked to be a cage fighter. Sain could have been by the look of his physique. In looking back, I realized that I missed a comment. It's the second on on this page, dated August 19th:

http://www.myspace.com/421168749

For some reason, I thought it was just a typical "sticker" but it's a personal message with some interesting comments. Bobbie was Sain's girlfriend. He must have been the "new man" she spoke of. Very chilling and sad.

C and MG lived in a house in Roseburg-they were roommates. C was seeing someone in another town-some guy--Heather had done readings for C-they did readings for each other-she was teaching C how to be a reader.
C also owned a trailer-somewhere around there- that she let her adult kids live in and I believe both places were behind in the mortgage--so most likely foreclosed on....
MG is from Texas originally and is a truck driver. C had said that he was thinking about going back into truck driving-he had been out on disability for heart issues or something (Heather told me this once). I had spoken to both of them on the phone after Heather disappeared....but the last time was right before the memorial...

Heather was supposed to show up at C and MG's place on the night of August 3rd-MG was worried that Heather didn't show up and C said she just assumed Heather had changed her mind and wasn't too worried....Heather had been there the night before helping her build a closet in C's laundry room... It was MG who made C go out to Heather's house to go look for her....C and Heather had been spending a lot of time together ....they had taken a day trip to the coast the Saturday before.

I was worried about Heather when she didn't pick up her phone or return my call within the hour...Heather was not the type to just not show w/o calling. I only knew her for a short time--but it was clear how dependable Heather was.

Heather wanted to stay at C's house until her friend came out to OR to live--SM had left the week before or somewhere in that time period to live near work in Sutherlin. His stuff was still at Heather's though. Where Heather lived was not near alot...I believe she said there were only 2 other houses on her road....I think it creeped her out to be out there alone --and she really enjoyed being around people-she was very family oriented...I used to call her just to check in and make sure she was okay.

If Louie was okay--I am sure whoever did this was let into the home--Heather most likely knew the person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back