OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT (sorry)
I'm hoping that the admin can make it so the timeline can be edited later. I posted one and felt it's awkward to read corrections a week later in a post down below because I can no longer change the original. Just maybe.

I'm happy to take that request forward and see what we can do. I know what you mean! I'll let you know.

ETA: I should have read forward - JBean answered this for you :)

(Sheriff Dan) Staton personally called the FBI. He said the circumstances -- Kyron disappeared from school on a busy morning -- prompted him to ask for help from the feds. "I wanted them involved because the last time this child was seen was inside a school," he said. "This was not a child walking away from their home or getting lost in the woods. This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen." (published June 12 - updated the 13th) http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

As an astute poster pointed out however, he was referring to his actions and reason therefore on June 4th--the day it happened, in fact, mere hours after it happened. We do not know if this was his opinion after that date.

I don't think so. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't planned by those responsible for Kyron's disappearance to give people that impression.

been staring at this post for a while... sorry, very sleepy, so I'm not getting what you're saying.

That it's possible the person responsible for his disappearance made it look like a kidnapping for ransom?

1) Hopping on to ask ... could the DA be visiting the family in their home because they have an 18 month old? He needs to speak with the family, in person, and doesn't want to wait for babysitting arrangement.

2) If the DA is visiting the home, do we think the Hormans are being counseled by their own legal representative if this was a family-as-POI visit.

3) If this was or could be a family-as-POI visit from the DA don't you think the Horman's would also have their own attorney present and don't you think the staked-out media would have picked up on the Hormans having an attorney present by now?

maybe not.

just hopped on as this thought occurred to me. I have to keep cookin' now. back later. ;)

DAs visit with the families of missing persons because they are considered victims. There are victims rights laws that the DA has to discuss certain things with the victims of crimes, and determine what they want. An example is with the Ethan Stacy case where the DA met with Ethan's father to determine what he wanted in terms of the DA seeking the death penalty. They can't always do what the victim wants, but they're obligated by law to consult with them.

Is it one of those large blue Rubbermaid type containers, Bern?

No this thing is something that looked like it was heavy and metal, sort of on the property for a very long time. The rust corroded it and it is caked with it, and sort of a box if you will. It is maybe 3 feet tall, by 1 to 1/2 feet wide. I can see a lid or top that is askew and hangs off by a hinge. There is a cut out in the lid or top, much like a mail slot. It is brownish, red like rust. Hidden in tall grass and foliage. He stands next to it.

1) Hopping on to ask ... could the DA be visiting the family in their home because they have an 18 month old? He needs to speak with the family, in person, and doesn't want to wait for babysitting arrangement.

2) If the DA is visiting the home, do we think the Hormans are being counseled by their own legal representative if this was a family-as-POI visit.

3) If this was or could be a family-as-POI visit from the DA don't you think the Horman's would also have their own attorney present and don't you think the staked-out media would have picked up on the Hormans having an attorney present by now?

maybe not.

just hopped on as this thought occurred to me. I have to keep cookin' now. back later. ;)

My opinion only, yes as to number 1, no as to numbers 2 and 3. Generally, when a DA visits the home it is to answer questions the family may have.

We haven't heard of any of the family retaining lawyers have we? That is good for LE and keeping lines open. I do remember Patsey and John and not doing interviews. I think every thing they say is being picked apart and for them, It is scary to say one thing that may change just do to semantics. I do understand them just keeping quiet and letting LE do the investagation.

I can't help thinking that if this family felt LE still had to look at them as suspects, they would have no trouble getting counsel. And no, we haven't heard of them using any...other than the e-mail to the law firm...

But that doesn't mean they haven't been using counsel all along. I just think we'd have heard about it ...?

Between this & the tow truck, I need to hire me a snoopy investigative reporter. lol.

No this thing is something that looked like it was heavy and metal, sort of on the property for a very long time. The rust corroded it and it is caked with it, and sort of a box if you will. It is maybe 3 feet tall, by 1 to 1/2 feet wide. I can see a lid or top that is askew and hangs off by a hinge. There is a cut out in the lid or top, much like a mail slot. It is brownish, red like rust. Hidden in tall grass and foliage. He stands next to it.

Thanks, Bern! I've been getting an image of that plastic type container. I don't know why.

When you said he was standing next to it, I could picture that.

I think you nailed it, Pensfan, on at least a big part of why LE isn't releasing info. They're still not done interviewing. They said they are going back and re-interviewing.

Those specially trained FBI agents (described in my link early in the thread) are no doubt a Godsend, given all the kids involved.

I don't have a place to post my "feelings" about Kyron, so for those of you that were looking at his picture of the Squirrel and wondering about the "feather or the leaf" I thought maybe it was representing the "feather" on the Genealogy site or the Tree maker site, with the "leaf". I posted on the Astro Thread as a favor asked of me, but don't want to wear out my welcome there. Perhaps the little uncolored leaf/feather needs to be filled in so to speak.

I also got a strange looking container or box, in the woods or grassy area. Not sure what it is though. Hope this is okay to post here, just want Kyron to come home. I do see that the glasses are "off" as in one of my visions posted earlier, still trying to see if I had the correct pumpkin patch with blue shirts and Santa.

Bern, just from your posts I can tell you're a tenderhearted person. I also look forward to your posts and your "feelings." I find it very interesting, so thank you!

My opinion only, yes as to number 1, no as to numbers 2 and 3. Generally, when a DA visits the home it is to answer questions the family may have.

what kind of questions for example at this point in time, would the family be asking?

maybe not.

Hi Emma, Seeing how the Sheriff often took the media aside to talk to them, if there is anything new like them lawyering up, I doubt they'd let that info out. I think it is imperative to their investigation to keep everything they know as quiet as possible. IMO only, that could be the case if there is more than one person involved, making it more complicated.

Bern, I also appreciate your input and although I've always been sceptical of dreams and visions in the past, I've come to believe in it largely due to your posts.

The thing that came to mind when you described it was a livewell. If you google it in images, you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, if this was near that island, I think it could make sense.

Hi, long time lurker that just had to join because of Kyron. When I first saw Kyron's missing picture I honestly thought it was a picture of my youngest son, who is also 7 years old. My heart just breaks for this little boy and his family. Still trying to catch up on all the threads, so I'm really sorry if at first I say something that's already been thought of.

But one of my many many random thoughts. My kids are in a small district, there are less than 1000 kids in the three buildings. This includes Even Start and Headstart/pre-k through 12th grade. All three buildings are on the same campus, with middle and high school being joined, and no fence of any kind anywhere on the grounds. The only camera is outside the highschool entrance, and it isn't even working. I constantly worry about something like this happening at this school. The only "security" measures are the main doors are the only ones left unlocked during the day, and in the elementary building guests have to sign in at the office and no one is allowed past a certain point in the upper hallway. The only thing stopping anyone is a sign stating that visitors must sign in at the office. Now, I don't know if it's because they know me at the school since I've been a parent there for 11 years now, or what, but when I go there and sign in I don't have to show any ID of any kind, and more times than not, there isn't even anyone in the office. I have made my displeasure over this well known, but at times I think that since no one else does that I'm a) overly paranoid or b) overly protective of my kids. The BOE did propose putting cameras up at all doors and in all hallways, but the parents voted it down saying it would invade their privacy too much. :furious:

It almost sounds the same as it was at Kyron's school that morning. For any "special" days no one has to sign in and no one makes sure that kids are signed out. This includes the doughnuts for dads, muffins for moms, goodies for grandparents, holiday programs, etc. About all I have to do is send back in the paper saying if my child is going home with someone or ride the bus home. I can only think of one time where my mind was going in so many different directions over what all I had to do that day that I forgot to sign youngest out after his moving on ceremony. I didn't get any call or anything about it. The school doesn't even call if any of my kids aren't in school on any day. My middle child is special needs, so I do call even before the bus leaves for here so that they don't have to send the wheelchair bus and aide and can just use a regular bus, so for him I can see, but not for the other two. Youngest is in his class play this Friday, so I will be more alert as to what, if anything, the school does or doesn't do as far as visitors and the kids after the play.

So I really don't see SM as just taking Kyron without signing him out, but if the school didn't even have that policy to begin with?? I do have a few thoughts on why the teacher didn't think anything of it, but will save that for another post so I don't ramble too much.

Thanks, Bern! I've been getting an image of that plastic type container. I don't know why.

When you said he was standing next to it, I could picture that.

Interesting. The people who work at the after school care programs here carry those big plastic tubs everyday with the kids snacks. Wonder if Kyron attended the after school care program? All I'm ever able to find on TV is criticism in very short segments about the family, but never any actual facts about what Kryon's days were like.

As an astute poster pointed out however, he was referring to his actions and reason therefore on June 4th--the day it happened, in fact, mere hours after it happened. We do not know if this was his opinion after that date.

Okay & thanks, it was just rehashing "old" info. even though this article was posted the 12th & updated on the 13th. It does happen with "the press" though regurgitation lol sadly. You're right we don't know if that is his opinion after this date because they shut everything down (several days later) IMO just before it was declared a criminal investigation. Personally I am going to lean toward that is true given this paper is most definitely "trying" to be on top of things. IDK though???

Silence Over Missing Ore. Boy, 7, Raises Questions

(June 16) -- It has been nearly three weeks since 7-year-old Kyron Horman mysteriously disappeared from his elementary school in Portland, Ore. In that time, local authorities have put in hundreds of hours and launched a number of searches for the missing youngster, all to no avail.

Now, as the search efforts begin to wind down, some are starting to question the way in which the investigation is being handled.

In contrast to most missing-child cases -- in which police and family members attempt to draw as much media attention as possible -- there has been an unusual silence around Kyron's disappearance. Police have refused to release a detailed timeline or comment on possible theories. In addition, the boy's family has made just two public appearances: at a Friday police press conference, where they briefly pleaded for his return but did not take questions, and a Sunday police press conference, at which they were present but did not speak.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...-boy-kyron-horman-7-raises-questions/19519506

Bern, I also appreciate your input and although I've always been sceptical of dreams and visions in the past, I've come to believe in it largely due to your posts.

The thing that came to mind when you described it was a livewell. If you google it in images, you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, if this was near that island, I think it could make sense.

Off to google and thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member