OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up today - from what I skimmed it looks like these are the latest things being discussed - anything else?

Horman's white truck was towed by their request to the dealership for mechanical repairs on Mon (was that the 7th of June)?

House across the street from the Horman's was searched. Are we allowed to sleuth that neighbor (look at address search, parcel search, etc)?

Approx 400 people attended the candlelight vigil last night.

I also see people are still speculating on what the SM drove to school that day. She could very well have driven her red mustang to school with Kyron and then drove the white truck later in the day to run errands - or if Kaine was home from work that day, he could have driven the white truck with or without her to run errands. So many people are discussing what SM was doing - why not what Dad was doing? I am not saying he has something to do with Kyron missing, just curious why people would look so much at SM and not at Dad.

LOL.....my daughter has a little red car just like that one, she can fit five suitcases, a couple dozen hanging clothes, a computer, several makeup and hair equipment bags, backpacks full of books, and about 40 pairs of shoes in it......and that was just to come home for Christmas break!
Maybe whatever she was possibly carrying the project in didn't fit in the car.

At the link below, it is stated:

Kyron showed off his project on the red-eyed tree frog and by 8:45 a.m. Kyron waved goodbye to Horman outside of his classroom. At some point after that, the boy's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked Kyron absent. It was not until 3:30 p.m., when she realized her stepson was not on the school bus, that Horman discovered he had been absent all day. She then called 9-1-1.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Well, the reporters could have gotten this wrong OR they confirmed that she (Terri Horman) called 9-1-1. It was said in another article that a secretary called 9-1-1; I believe this was when the bus driver radioed in that Kyle was not on the bus and the parents didn't have him.

For anyone thinking that it's 'telling' or 'suspicious' that the parent(s) have not been more prominent in front of the media... just remember Susan Smith, the young mother who stood before the world, begging for the return of her two little sons.

Days later she admitted that she had killed the boys herself, having strapped them into the back seat of her car, and drowned them in a lake.

How much (or how little) time a parent chooses to spend in the spotlight has little bearing on their own guilt or innocence.

Has the area of J Kelley's home off Cornelius Pass been mapped in comparison of location and time to drive to Kyron's bus stop?

==========================

3pm white truck driven by a lady seen by Jim K and his neighbor near Jim's home off Cornelius Pass. Truck pulled to the end of a long road, idled, then turned around. At 2am Saturday morning, a similar truck appeared and idled, and when a neighbor turned her dogs loose, the truck eased away.

3:30pm Hormans go to the school bus stop and discover that Kyron is not on the bus.

3:46pm School secretary calls 911.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Hey BeanE I'm still confused about who was at the bus stop. In your other post further up you mention Terri Horman was at the bus stop but in this post you mention the Hormans. Can someone please tell me who was at the bus stop? I went and searched for it and there's a bunch of conflicting posts about it and I didn't see anything that was confimation they were both there but I could of missed it.

LOL.....my daughter has a little red car just like that one, she can fit five suitcases, a couple dozen hanging clothes, a computer, several makeup and hair equipment bags, backpacks full of books, and about 40 pairs of shoes in it......and that was just to come home for Christmas break!

I had to quote this bc it's just so cute & funny...GOSH I MISS MY COLLEGE DAYS!

As I understand it the Horman's have 2 vehicles. The red Mustang that's hers and the white truck that's his.

We simply don't know what vehicle she drove that morning - one way or the other.

I am very curious about these two sightings now that we have a white truck towed (to a dealership for "werk") and seeing the realtive distances of the sightings to the home and school.

As for the 2AM sighting - could LE have been taking someone around to see where they possibly ran "errands" that day? Or could someone have said they were going out for milk, diapers, cigs, that night? (RUMOR - Just speculation and JMHO)
The white truck was his? What did he drive into work with that day? Was he at work? When did he get home?

I am very curious why the neighbor's house was searched!

I was wondering also. Thought maybe Kyron played on the neighbor's computer and LE wanted to search it for any chat room stuff.

OT Whenever I get to thinking about Kyron, This silly song pops in my head. Just making note here for later reference:

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4c861_the-jetsons-intro-classic-tv-retro_shortfilms"]Dailymotion - "The Jetsons" intro (Classic TV) (Retro) - a Film & TV video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

Funny you should say this. Well guess what? Our local LL tells every single person that signs up to volunteer manage, coach, work in the stand, do grounds keeping, or be on the board that they are doing a background check. Everyone has to sign their consent on a form. They are then supposed to send it away for a thorough background check. Yeah, right... Get this: There's a guy that lives down the street from me, he coaches 2 of his sons' in LL. He's not a manager, but he's a coach. He's been helping for 2 years now. Well my boys stopped playing LL when they started to get more competetive so I had no need to go to the LL fields over the past couple of years, except to stop every once in awhile. I went to see a game last month & noticed this guy was coaching & I threw a fit...discreetly. I called the pres & told him I couldn't believe he allowed this guy to coach with his background & he said what are you talking about he passed a background check! I said LIE, he served 10 years in jail for starting fires in the town next to where we live...I know this for a fact bc my ex fiancee was the arresting lead detective in his case! Come to find out, they said they never got the reports back for any of the background checks! In my eyes, they probably never sent them off to begin with! And to make matters even worse, I recently found out that this guy happened to be on the LL Board in the same stinking town that he started those fires in! OMG! I mean...seriously now?

Maybe background checks are done but take longer to receive? You'd think major companies, especially school districts, would subscribe to some sort of online background check something or other! You know, the ones where they can see the info right off the bat! I'm so sick over this little boy...over all these little innocent kids going missing & violated! Grown ups need to be more responsible. Period.

Additional info: I'm stating this bc it's been said that a teacher or volunteer in Oregon had a past & was still holding their position yet they violated more children... I'm hoping beyond hope that thorough background checks were performed on all employees, including volunteers, of the Skyline School. That in itself could alleveiate some suspicion of a school employee.

The way criminals are encouraged to plead down to lesser charges on a regular basis leads to many dangerous predators avoiding having a sexual or child predatory or voilent crime on their record. Perps don't usually confess unless there is something good on the table. Child sex crimes are often unreported or hard to prove, so by the time one is convicted of one, they most often have done the crime many times over with no or very little official record of it.

This is my opinion, based upon years of reading and following these crimes in the news, and marraige to a member of LE.

Clear Channel isn't LE.

hmm, point taken. :)
I used the assumption that LE had OK'd or somehow coordinated their installation. I should have considered that someone else arranged/encouraged it. CC isn't exactly known for its largess around here, anyway (didn't seem to me like something CC would initiate).

The second sighting was at 2am Saturday morning. Can we rule out the SM driving it at that time?
Wasn't LE staying with the family at that point? Could she or anyone from the home leave in the middle of the night without being noticed?

I haven't figured out how to bold things yet

Highlight the text you want to bold, when you are in the 'reply' box making your comment.
Click the big B at the top left side of the box where you are typing. It will put some 'tags' around your text and when you post, voila, bold. :)

BBM

:eek: What? I missed that. They are doing <text removed>

I had this from a KGW story; looking for a link now.

Not everyone in that crowd, may have warm thoughts for the family.

Many don't believe vigils are productive, and serve only as a publicity outlet for the organizers. Some believe vigils help; others don't. Both POVs are valid.

Also, please remember that IF LE supports the vigil, there may be a reason for LE to scan that crowd - with the family watching from a private room, to ID anyone via video. "An arsonist returns to the scene of the fire."

good point. especially if there's any chance Kyron was specifically targeted.

I believe LE would have been there regardless of family attendance.

I am very curious why the neighbor's house was searched!

me too. I don't recall it being reported that the Horman's neighbor's home was searched before. Maybe Kyron spent time there? It would be great to know if these neighbors had kids/playmates of Kyron...Oh the things that it would be great to know...

Maybe someone said something about his project that hurt his feelings ?
Maybe he went off into a wooded area to cry and pout , got lost or fell and was hurt. No jacket . Cool weather. That could quickly take its toll on a small child.
I do hope they are still searching the wooded areas near the school.
I did not watch the pressor or the vigil.
If that were my child or grandchild , I would want privacy during the vigil. I'm sure the family was shedding tears. These people are not out selling photos or making book deals. They are genuinely worried and sad.

The white truck was his? What did he drive into work with that day? Was he at work? When did he get home?
Guess I should have clarified my statement - I'm speculating that the truck was his - I read that she got the Mustang for her birthday or Mother's Day or something so concluding the Mustange is hers. The white truck was at the house - we've seen other pics with the white truck there so again (assuming) it must have been his.

There have been absolutely no statements made as to where dad was that day, what he drove, when he left work, if he went to work. Nothing at all.

Maybe whatever she was possibly carrying the project in didn't fit in the car.

All joking aside, that project was just a trifold poster board that folds up flat to transport, plus a shoe box size diorama. I know for a fact that the back compartment of a Mustang could hold that with no problem without even folding down either side of the back seat of her car, which probably had a baby seat and booster seat in it. Really not even a slight difficulty at all to transport.

Edited to add, even if it would have been easier in the truck. It was a rainy morning, and you don't put a project like that in the back of a wet truck and take a chance on it starting to pour rain while you are driving to school.

I don't know if this thought had been brought up yet. I had a fleeting thought. What if the POI is a LEO or in security? I mean that would change my dynamic of how I looked at the way it is being investigated.

JMO stabbing in the dark here.

At the link below, it is stated:

Kyron showed off his project on the red-eyed tree frog and by 8:45 a.m. Kyron waved goodbye to Horman outside of his classroom. At some point after that, the boy's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked Kyron absent. It was not until 3:30 p.m., when she realized her stepson was not on the school bus, that Horman discovered he had been absent all day. She then called 9-1-1.

Well, the reporters could have gotten this wrong OR they confirmed that she (Terri Horman) called 9-1-1. It was said in another article that a secretary called 9-1-1; I believe this was when the bus driver radioed in that Kyle was not on the bus and the parents didn't have him.

Both may have called. IIRC, LE arrived at school and Horman's at approximately the same time.

How in the world are they ever going to know who all was really there when they didn't even have a visitors list? How could they have allowed just anyone and everyone inside that school? I just don't understand it.

IMO

On normal days, they had a badge system for visitors. There are about 275 students in that school and if each one brought one family member, that would make a badge system too unwieldy. If it took 30 seconds to issue each badge, that would mean it would take over two hours to get the last badge issued (and I think 30 seconds would be a wildly optimistic estimate).

It may not have occurred to them to implement a faster tracking system for that event, such as a simple sign-in list. It's a small rural school and it has been clear that the prevailing thought was that something wouldn't happen there, in their little school where everyone thinks they know everyone.

At this point, it's not even clear that an ID check would have prevented Kyron's disappearance. I think it's possible that the perpetrator was someone who would have very good reason to be in the school.

Knock off the rumors please. Our mods in this thread need more cooperation. It would be a huge help to them if the posts about rumors were self-edited or removed. Thanks!

This case is eerily similar to the Etan Patz case. The length of time that it took Etan's mom to know that he never made it to school b/c she was not notified was crucial.

O/T - one of our managers at the law firm were I work was just let go b/c it turns out he was a sex offender. He worked there for two years and the firm supposedly does background checks on all employees. The reason why it was found out was because another employee did a simple google of his name and there it was for all too see: rape in the first degree and a sodomy charge. Although he is 49 now and this crime was committed when he was 18 he was let go. The crime was in Florida and our firm is in NYC. Sometimes employees do not do thorough background checks even though they say they do. I know that most board of eds fingerprint their employees but I would double check every single employee at the school including contractors and vendors.

I hate to say this but there are alot of companies and/or institutions that, in order to save costs neglect to actually do backgrounds, believing that if somebody is willing to give their consent than they must be "clean." Unfortunately many (SO's, ect.) know this and are willing to roll the dice... it's equal to playing russian roulette IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3