OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that early articles said the school called the non-emergency police number, not 911.

I can't recall at the moment if the stepmom called 911, or if the school said they'd handle it.

at the June 5 pressor, I believe Capt. Gates said:

"...Including doing a reverse 911 call to indicate where the call had come from and at a certain point it was realized that it was not going to be an immediate find for Kyron, and we started to deploy immediately multiple jurisdictional, multi-disciplinary resources..."

(later, he asnwer's a reporter's question)

"Reverse 911 is where our Bureau of Communication is able to track a number that would be otherwise unlisted, and also triangulate it to identify the location from which it came."

This is my first post here, but I have been following this story for awhile. Very frustrating that there seems to be very little information to go on. I also have the feeling the LE don't quite have a grip on things, and I will admit that something doesn't seem to add up with the stepmother.

1. It has been said that she was attending to errands and housework. Where is her alibi? Even posting the pic on Facebook, that wasn't until late in the afternoon. There is still a good 6 hours where she is unaccounted for. Did she go to the bank? Where are the receipts? Grocery store? Sure if this is a smaller community someone must have seen her out and about? If she was so well known in the school someone must have waved a passing hello as she drove by, right?

2. What about the father? What are his alibis? Was he also at the bus stop? Did he normally get off work at that time? If the parents are not suspected, I don't understand why the LE wouldn't put that out there to squash the speculation from the pubic so the focus is put in another direction. I think it's only natural to suspect the last person he was known to be with especially when no information has been provided to suggest otherwise.

3. Does it seem odd to anyone that the older step-brother conveniently happened to be away on a camping trip where no one could get in contact with him? I'm assuming this has been verified, but not much has been reported about this sibling.

4. There seems to be some confusion about the teachers present. (I can't remember the article, I will look for the link) The deskmate makes mention of a substitute teacher, however in the article the school official said there was no sub listed at school on that particular day. Not sure how credible this boy's statement is? He also says he saw the mom leave...BUT, was that down the hall, out the front door, in her car and drive away? Or was is just that she goodbye and appeared to leave?

5. What about the white truck that was seen reported at 3pm Fri, then again at 2am early Sat. It is known that SM drove a white truck that morning to school and in her FB album from June2010 a picture shows and image of the grandpa on a tractor and there appears to be a white truck in the background. This scenario seems too obvious...could they really be that stupid? See image: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1356418&id=1264414625&fbid=1485802986092

So, end of day 8 ; and no sign of Kyron. Those who live up here,and know the terrain might be forgiven for thinking it could be a very long time before this child is found. But,tomorrow's weather looks great,sunny and warm. Have to see what Saturday brings. I have the utmost faith in SAR ; they are amazing.... I'm hoping against hope that Kyron wasn't walking (or running), and went down a ravine, but I do accept that it might well have happened.

I am going to just read the posts for a while,until there is a resolution,or some news. This is an amazing group . Personally, I never speculate about family members of missing persons, and it's starting to seem that this is all that will be left to do. I have nothing against those who do it,it's just not my thing.... Hoping and praying Kyron comes home soon.... Best to all of you.... All JMO

About thinking like a second-grader, the best thing to do is ask one. I have a seven year old and we have woods on our property. He can be found in the darndest places and if he doesn't want to be found, you won't find him. He likes to hide under the deck and can occasionally be found in the shed and even in a tree or the horse barn.

One thing, though, he won't go out by himself if it is raining. I know we really don't know exactly what time Kyron disappeared, but do we have any idea what the weather was like during the time frame we think he may have gone missing?

Just thinking out loud here. I'm probably one of the few who is not 100%convinced he ever left the school.

Thank you to Desiree's neighbor for insight into Desiree and Tony. I think the only thing everyone here agrees on is the obviously sincere grief and pain they displayed today. It was clearly heart-wrenching for them.

As time continues to pass, and based on what little LE says, I am more and more convinced that they do not have a clue as to what happened to Kyron; tips, theories, guesses, etc, just as we do here, but nothing more. And if that is true, this is a catastrophy as he could be anywhere, literally. As always, I hope I am wrong about this, but the feeling grows stronger every hour.

Holy! I think that is any amazing find! Here is something that was in front of people's eyes and it took you to notice and be persistent about it. Wow!

I remember when I posted that. I am glad it was brought over. I think what is happening is the threads are moving so fast, things are overlooked.

This is my first post here. I began reading websleuths when Nadia Bloom went missing.

My family lived in the same neighborhood as Tony & Desiree for several years, so Kyron's disappearance hits a chord that's close to home. Tony doesn't have any kids of his own (for those who wondered). Desiree had Kyron & his older brother for several weeks during the summer & at other times during the year while her ex-husband had primary custody. My kids played with Kyron when he was at his mom's.

I don't blame Desiree for not being touchy-feely with Terri. As a mother, I'd be very upset with the person who was last with my child ~ I would feel as though that person was responsible, even if it was completely illogical. Also, Terri is married to her ex-husband, so it's not surprising that they would not be bosom buddies. I also can understand Terri seeking reassurance from Desiree ~ after all, she (Terri) was responsible for Kyron and something horrible happened under her "watch". Yes, I understand that it was not Terri's fault and I am not saying that it was. I'm saying that Terri probably feels incredibly guilty because she was the last family member with Kyron. I know that I would feel guilty if I were taking care of someone's child and something happened to them, even if it was not my fault that they got hurt. So I can understand Terri's behavior during the press conference, as well.

I don't know anything about this case that you all don't know. I haven't talked to Tony and have no means of contacting him since he's not at home and I don't have his cell number. I have been chatting with another neighbor and she doesn't know anything, either. Since Tony's a detective with experience working some pretty ugly cases, I suspect he's approaching this situation with Kyron pretty differently than the average step-father. I don't have proof to back up that suspicion; it's just my opinion.

Anyway, watching Tony speak at the press conference was incredibly sad. He looks wretched/heartbroken. It has been really hard to read through the posts here that speculate anything negative about the family. I don't know Terri or Kaine, but I do know Desiree & Tony and they are sincere, kind-hearted people. The devastation they exhibited at that press conference was not put-on in the slightest.

i havent been through all the threads but i have seen NO evidence of negative feelings toward desiree and tony - it was heartbreaking to watch desiree there were not enough words to describe how truly awful i felt for her

Also at the end of our conversation she mentioned that the SM had called the BM to start heading out this way towards Portland before school had even gotten out the BM had arrived at 5pm on Friday to Portland?.. this is just hearsay and not sure if it is ok to post? If not delete or I can.

Someone posted that the rain was "epic" on the day Kyron disappeared or was it the day afterward? If it was "epic" rain, I doubt any elementary child would go outside knowing they would get soaked and get in trouble. (After typing this, I realized my 3 boys would have....)

Would a second grade boy run to hide in the woods if he accidently wet himself?

5. What about the white truck that was seen reported at 3pm Fri, then again at 2am early Sat. It is known that SM drove a white truck that morning to school and in her FB album from June2010 a picture shows and image of the grandpa and the little girl on a tractor and there appears to be a white truck in the background. This scenario seems too obvious...could they really be that stupid?

I posted earlier and shared these pics
http://i46.tinypic.com/28s8zt1.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2pqnq8p.jpg

I found them by browsing googlemaps... they are at the corner of NW Cornelius Pass Rd, and NW Skyline Boulevard

*but these images are from anytime.... maybe a few months ago.. maybe a few years, depending on when google got the images.

it made me think about something... the electricity trucks there look all white, with no marking.

What if someone happened to be working on a pole near the school and talked Kyron into going to check out "electricity"

I hope they have looked into any work being done near the school, the workers.
Or any parent who might work for the electricity company and maybe have a record?

Has it ever been mentioned in any media reports where the SM's mother lives?

I haven't heard much about her or from her since the earliest days of Kyron's disappearance. Somehow I got the sense she is fairly local to where the Horman's live. Regarding all the questions of where was the 18 month old when SM took Kyron to school and later ran errands, perhaps she was with SM's mother, especially if SM had a fairly busy day planned with science fair, errands, online poker, talent show, etc.
Welcome to WS! I don't know if it was ever posted where stepmom's mother lives but, somebody posted that she was at the bus stop when Kyron didn't come home or was involved with calling the school after this event. (Somebody refresh my aging memory, please.)

Walk home yes, I thought of that. I have had kids tell me they would walk home the same way the bus travels because they know the way. Of course they don't realize the distance.

at the June 5 pressor, I believe Capt. Gates said:

"...Including doing a reverse 911 call to indicate where the call had come from and at a certain point it was realized that it was not going to be an immediate find for Kyron, and we started to deploy immediately multiple jurisdictional, multi-disciplinary resources..."

(later, he asnwer's a reporter's question)

"Reverse 911 is where our Bureau of Communication is able to track a number that would be otherwise unlisted, and also triangulate it to identify the location from which it came."

why would the number be unlisted if it was a school? Is that the number they are talking about?

My second grader probably would as he is very prideful of being a big boy now. He has had a few accidents and goes to great lengths to make sure no one finds out. I have never gotten mad at him and try to reassure him it is not a big deal even mom has.:p It is a pride thing and these little guys really think they are big boys now..:)

I have an 7 1/2 yr old son, and I just now tried to think like him... My first thought? Under no circumstances whatsoever would he have left that school and headed into the woods alone. He's a rambunctious, active boy - but, in the woods alone? Not on your life.

I have not seen anyone mention that Kyron is the type to run off alone.

That's just the absolute last scenario that seems plausible to me. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member