OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine Kyron walking out of the school on his own accord. Walking across the grounds and into the thick woods to look for a frog or anything else, for that matter, is contrary to all I've learned about him.

As with so many children that age, I see him wanting to please the adults around him - teachers, parents, etc., and find it far more likely he was lured out, under the auspice of helping an adult. moo

Hard for me to believe that a 7yo would still be alive after 10 days in the wilderness. moo

The only factual placement we have of him at the school is the photo made by Terri on the morning of the science fair, sometime between 8 and 845.

The most recent presser at which Gates was asked about the time of the final sighting, he was specifically asked if the last sighting was at 9AM, a time that we had previously thought to be pretty concrete, and his only reply was "I can't answer that."

So, to my knowledge, the only factual placement we have is that photo between 8 and 845ish.

Zimmerman the PTA president with child in the class said she saw Kyron and SM at 8:15,but not later.Then the parents were given 4 to 5 kids to take in the different rooms for the exhibits.SM said she dropped him off at 8:45,so I'm wondering if they were going room to room and he saw the electric exhibit,he wanted to go back to it.

Thank You everyone for all the hard work you do. I'm going to bed and I hope in the morning to see good news.

With the weather being so nice today, pretty much the first sunny day in a long time, I was hoping that someone would have seen something, some clue out there. One thing about Oregonians is that they are very outdoor. Once the sun is out they go every where and do every thing. I really belive that Kyron is not in the area they are searching. Too much time passed before they even started searching and even if he were on foot he could have easily traveled beyond 2 miles within the 8 hours it took to start. The problem is there is just too many places he could be. Hopefully people are aware and keeping their eyes open for anything that looks unusual or out of place.

That's why I think someone had promised to meet him at the electrical project and explain it to him. It makes perfect sense Kyron would be fascinated by electricity, loving science as he did. xox IMO

Where was it said he loved science? I must have missed this...are we saying this because of his project? or his T-shirt? I missed it, I guess...

I also though I heard at one PC earleir this week a "we can't comment on that" when asked if the 9am sighting had been confirmed. I almost jumped out of my chair, as that is what this whole thing is built upon, that someone saw him after his stepmother. But they said that to so many questions...can't be sure.

I've lurked on the site for quite a while and this is my first post... I've been following this thread since poor Kyron disappeared last week. I have a few thoughts I'd like to toss into the mix:

1) LE won't discuss Kyron's medical conditions (or lack of)... But what if he does have a medical condition that requires him to have lots of appts and miss school regularly? Let's say Kyron's teacher saw Kyron and Terri at the science fair. School wasn't even in session, yet. When classes started, the teacher may have thought that Kyron and Terri dropped off Kyron's project, toured the science fair, and left for an appt. Teacher would have marked Kyron absent and not been startled by the fact that Kyron's backpack and project were in the school. I've seen parents and students do this throughout my children's school years. They'll go to an event before school, go to an appt, and come back later in the day. Also, if Kyron has lots of appts throughout the school year, the teacher might not have thought it unusual if one 'ran long' or lasted all day.

2) Speaking of marking absences. LE confirms that Kyron was seen around 9 AM. The science fair was scheduled from 8 to 10 AM (http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/news/23802076/detail.html) so it seems that school didn't start till 10 AM. What did the kids do during that time? I'm sure they viewed the science projects, but did they go outside and play on the playground? Mingle inside till time for class? If children were going back and forth between the playground and the school then there were plenty of opportunities for Kyon to be outside the school. Classes started at 10, which would have been when Kyron would have been marked absent (unless there's another Kyron sighting later in the day that LE is not speaking about).

3) Even the best kid gets caught up in all the excitement of a day that's not part of the normal routine. The science fair day was not a normal day at school. The kids would have been excited, classes were not starting till later, and there would have been lots of socializing. What if Kyron decided to walk near the woods looking for whatever a 7 year old boy may want to look for? What if he walked in a little ways, stooped to pick something up and his glasses fell off? Now he's in a situation where he's surrounded by dense green vegetation and he can't find his glasses... Does he keep looking for them and get disoriented? Start walking the direction of the school (or what he thinks is the direction of the school) and go further into the forest and get lost? I know this sounds farfetched, but the photos of the terrain show how easy it would be to get lost, especially for someone as young as 7.

4) LE stated that Kyron was last seen near the South entrance of the school http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html
It's not been stated whether he was inside the building or outside the building. I tend to think that whatever happened to Kyron happened outside the school. If LE thought something happened in the school and they needed to collect evidence of it, then they could have very easily shut the school down for the last few weeks of school.

5) My stomach turns as I type this last part, but I can't help but think of poor Adam Walsh... He wasn't stalked and there was no plan, he just happened to walk out of a mall and into the arms of some sicko.... I hope and pray this isn't the case with Kyron, but with such an unusual schedule for a school day it would be very, very easy for a predator to see an ideal opportunity, come up with an impromptu plan, and grab little Kyron. I hope and pray this is not the case... I hope and pray he's found right now...

Originally Posted by Amster
I don't believe for one second that the teacher marked Kyron absent, after him being there earlier, without the belief that he left with TH. Why she believed this is the question I have.

Then this is what would have had to happen.

SM says bye to Kyron ( as reported) ... she would have to get in her car...and go get Kyron from another exit and I don't know if that is even possible.

But wait, didn't the school say they left together? Is this even true? Let me tell you, if I planned to harm my son, I would NOT let anyone SEE him leave with me!!

Inviting outside Contact:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Dang the private schools in your state get textbooks and busing,also?Not here on that either.I didn't know any state had free private school or homeschooling.Maybe it's because schools cost so much to build and the schools would be more crowded and cost the state more.
here in california homeschool materials are paid for, if you go through the a district, charter etc.
They also cover extras like dance, music, art, sports

As SM was leaving the school, maybe there was a vehicle parked at the back door waiting for Kyron...

As SM said she waved good by as he was going to his classroom???? Is there an exit door by Kyrons class or on the other side of the parking lot?
I have no idea, is this even possible?

-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010.

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

The stairs are right by his class. I would be interested in knowing if that large window overlooks the parking lot.

I wonder if anything was going on around there on the 3rd and the 4th any where.concerts,shows,festivals?ect...His science fair like show.Was that just on friday?was anything going on at the school on the 3rd too?I'm just thinking out loud.I'm curious why they asked for traffic video of both days.
There''s the Portland Rose Festival. There was a parade on June 5th.

People have asked why the teacher only gave that bland statement.

I am assuming that it is the way that it is in our school district.

The staff at the school has been instructed by the attorney via the administration exactly they are allowed to say. They are not free agents.

I am sure that any violation would result in immediate job loss for insubordination.

Originally Posted by Amster
I don't believe for one second that the teacher marked Kyron absent, after him being there earlier, without the belief that he left with TH. Why she believed this is the question I have.

Then this is what would have had to happen.

SM says bye to Kyron ( as reported) ... she would have to get in her car...and go get Kyron from another exit and I don't know if that is even possible.

But wait, didn't the school say they left together? Is this even true? Let me tell you, if I planned to harm my son, I would NOT let anyone SEE him leave with me!!

No one saw him leave, with anyone or alone.

2 reasons we frown on that:
1. We have no idea if the information is accurate(no offense to you LOL)
2. It may hinder the investigation by revealing things that should not be posted. LE will actually ask us to remove information if we put something up that should not be made public.

Amen, I think there was something learned which is held totally close to the vest by our poster member. I only say that as I sincerely believe there is some major piece of the puzzle we are missing. When the time is right we will learn what it is. Until then we'll keep on sleuthin' with what we know and need to clarify. MOO

-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010.

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

The stairs are right by his class. I would be interested in knowing if that large window overlooks the parking lot.

If that's the stairs to get to parking lot downstairs,how did SM let him off from his class 150 ft?Was he left downstairs and not in the hall of his classroom?

I think Tanner would have seen him if he came back. Tanner seemed very sharp to me. The school superintendent was simply trying to give good PR on that matter IMO.

That is why I am wanting to know more about the electrical project, which room it was in {1st floor or ground level, whose was it and who was looking at it when Kyron got there ~ if he even got there at all !!!

I know, that is impossible for us to sleuth with so little info. xox
Clearly Kyron had observed the electricity exhibit. He thought it was awesome and he wanted to spend more time looking at it. My kids used to do this at the Carnegie Science Museum. I would make them observe the entire museum and then before the museum closed we would return to spend the last few minutes staring at T-Rex (with a lot of other children that begged their moms to return to this exhibit). I wonder if someone didn't promise to return with Kyron to see the electricity exhibit for a remaining few minutes. Sadly, we sadly don't know if this exhibit was near an exit.

Dang the private schools in your state get textbooks and busing,also?Not here on that either.I didn't know any state had free private school or homeschooling.Maybe it's because schools cost so much to build and the schools would be more crowded and cost the state more.

No, not free private schools. Just busing and textbooks and any special education services required for students.

As a former public school teacher, I don't see how any state can get away with not providing at least textbooks to private schools and home schools.

For every private or home schooled student, the public schools lose money. So I am not for it, but fair is fair, I feel.

I don't know if there was a lawsuit here or it was legislation years ago that made that happen.

Amen, I think there was something learned which is held totally close to the vest by our poster member. I only say that as I sincerely believe there is some major piece of the puzzle we are missing. When the time is right we will learn what it is. Until then we'll keep on sleuthin' with what we know and need to clarify. MOO
You are so wise Scandi. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member