OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed from the Haleigh Cummings case, where LE didn't give any info, there was/is no resolution. In the Caylee Anthony case, where it all hung out, they got a body and a perp.

Tell it like it is and let the public in. If you don't, I believe you get cold cases and murderers get away with it.

This would be a good statistical study, does anyone know of one?

LE has given out a bit of info re: HC (Misty related mostly) but in the Mackenzie Cowell case ZIP! IIRC, at first they did just a few pcs only asking if anyone saw anything near where her car was found but strangely not where her body was..That Q to the public just came recently months later..When the local paper published the autopsy report (LE made clear they didn't want out there) LE gave this paper no more info..They practically came out & admitted it.

This is probably the worst case with a 'no info' policy I've seen & there's still no resolution..There's also not nearly the interest in the case..It's almost nil at this point..Unless LE has a perp in mind & is waiting for more evidence (I hope!) I can't believe this is what they really want..How is 'Out of sight, Out of mind' going to help them solve this case & get justice for Mackenzie?

Not watching the press conference, and just going by what I've read, it seems that the investigation has shifted because they've exhausted the search which would have been effective had he simply wandered off, and that they've found no evidence that he wandered off on his own. That leaves only one other option... he was taken. Hence it's now a criminal investigation. It doesn't mean they've found any evidence to that effect (or have a confession), just that they've ruled out the other. That's how I take it, anyway FWIW.

I'd agree with that if there were statistics saying that was true. Do you have any stats showing transparency vs saying nothing in regards to how many missing children cases are solved? I'd really like to get my hands on them.

TIA

No, I don't...and I won't be looking for any since that is my opinion.

Of course they would. But ground searchers wouldn't be needed anymore if the child is believed to be in the Columbia.

I appreciate you finding my post important enough that you needed to validate it with your professional investigative source. Tell him/her thanks for the info.

Oh no big deal at all, simply a friend who happened to stop by my backyard while enjoying a round of golf this fine day, as I was enjoying some iced tea and fresh air while web sleuthing on my patio. Right place right time kind of a thing.

The FBI was "profiling" their actions. They gave them permission to do "anything" they wanted to do and so the family members did......and it was seemed inappropriate to many.

That doesn't make sense to me. LE said in the press conference they encouraged the family to go get water, go grocery shopping, go excercise, etc.

You're implying entrapment.

Sigh, In my own very personal and independant opinion I wanted to say that I feel some tention. Kyron is a beautiful child and I feel confident in saying that we care thats why there is so much passion in the room.

I hope that people can feel alright in posting what they think and or feel here without fear of being targeted because my opinion or someone elses opinion may differ from yours. I truly love posting here because we are all different and think outside of the "box" sometimes.

JMHO

Hate typing this. Like someone earlier said, maybe a shoe washed up on the shore of the river, and they're now just waiting for the body to wash up.

Before today LE said there was no evidence a crime had been committed, hence it was an isolated incident and not a criminal investigation.

That tells me point blank they now MUST HAVE SOME EVIDENCE, IMO, to make the radical swing to it being a criminal investigation.

Boy, I'd almost giver my eye teeth to know what it is so we could run with it and try to figure it out. I hope they solve the puzzle soon. God Bless Kyron and what he must have gone thru. xox

That doesn't make sense to me. LE said in the press conference they encouraged the family to go get water, go grocery shopping, go excercise, etc.

I think that the perception the public was getting of the family from SM's FB forced LE to comment on this situation. I doubt they really told them to go about their normal lives and never would have made this statement at all if not for the fact that people were discussing the perceived odd reactions to having a child missing only a matter of days at the time. JMO

I think that the perception the public was getting of the family from SM's FB forced LE to comment on this situation. I doubt they really told them to live their normal lives as if nothing had happened and never would have made this statement at all if not for the fact that people were discussing the perceived odd reactions to having a child missing only a matter of days at the time. JMO

Oh I missed the LEO saying that he had told the family to live their normal lives as if nothing had happened. I missed them doing that too. :waitasec:

I don't think that it would be considered, since entrapment is when a law enforcement agent entices a person to commit a crime when they otherwise might now.

Legal definition here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/73176/entrapment_in_criminal_law.html

Of most importance:

Entrapment does not occur when government agents are put undercover for the purpose of exposing crime; in those instances, they are simply set to monitor the criminal activity that is already going on, which is not entrapment.

Interesting link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37523071/

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Investigators looking into the disappearance June 4 of Kyron Horman asked Saturday for anyone with photos or videos created that day, and June 3 of roads around Skyline school, to provide to contact police.

Video of these specific locations was being sought:

NW Cornelius Pass, Germantown, Logie Trail, Rocky Point, Skyline, West Union, Springville, Newberry, McNamee, Kaiser Thompson and Laidlaw roads and Bethany Boulevard.

Editing to add this:
The request includes a stretch of Oregon 30 from NW Rocky Point Road to Germantown Road which does not pass by the school at all. It does however, parallel Sauvie Island, where searchers have spent the last several days.

PSA:

There is a common goal in this forum to find out what happened to Kyron.
Let's not forget that. We all come together to share ideas and infomration.

But some posts are becoming very personal in nature( and not in a good way) to and about other posters points of view and input. That inhibits the conversation and starts a division that is not constructive. Then the discussion becomes about us instead of about Kyron.

let's not do that. Agree or disagree it does not matter, but please remain respectful and keep your eyes on the goal of discovering what happened to Kyron.

as always where this post lands on the thread is entirely random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie